Interested to see whether this tactic holds up with the full game release patch. Get results posted as and when guys. I certainly will be loading up my new long term save when i get up in the morning :)
Get to work you idle git xx

Just tried this to prevent my *** from getting fired before half season as Atletico and omg strikers actually score!

Villareal - Atletico madrid 1-4
Atletico - Getafe 3-2 (was 3-0...)
Juventus - Atletico 1-5
Elche - Atletico 3-3 (was down 3-0 at halftime but i took out the hairdryer :D )
Gimnastic - Atletico 0-1 (reserv team in cup)
Atletico - Manchester United 4-1 (united use Lindegaard in goal over de gea... they are now out of CL after finishing 3rd in grp)

Amazing, and its not gelled at all rofl.
deffo going to keep it as a tac to use ocasionally in this save before i again got to start a new save...
Can someone link me a speedup bonus? im playing fm all day long and i got to many tactics to get gelled and seasons to finish ><

EDIT: Just tried it vs Gimnastica again in the Cup using lots of reerves including Hector and zivcovic.
i won 1-0 had 70% possesion and 28 shots 12 on target. The most memorable tho is an epic epic epic run by Gimnastica's Giner. He got the ball in the midtfield and he put Emiliano Insua into the hot dog stand 3 times in 1 run!!!! it was awesome to watch. Reminded me of Titjani Babangida back in the days. That unfortunatly was the only time i think Mr.Ginter had the ball the whole match lol. But Insua looked riddicilouse trying to take the ball of him. was like Ronaldinho vs Shane McBoggerbigger lolz

Last edited:
Just tried this to prevent my *** from getting fired before half season as Atletico and omg strikers actually score!

Villareal - Atletico madrid 1-4
Atletico - Getafe 3-2 (was 3-0...)
Juventus - Atletico 1-4

amazing, and its not gelled at all rofl.
deffo going to keep it as a tac to use ocasionally in this save before i again got to start a new save...
Can someone link me a speedup bonus? im playing fm all day long and i got to many tactics to get gelled and seasons to finish ><
put them as all 3 tactics

you think the tactic will gel faster if i use the same tactic in all 3 slots? that cant be what SI intended... hmmm, nah i wount do that. il keep tinkering. liek to have my options, but i will try that in a save if i start a new one ;)

you think the tactic will gel faster if i use the same tactic in all 3 slots? that cant be what SI intended... hmmm, nah i wount do that. il keep tinkering. liek to have my options, but i will try that in a save if i start a new one ;)
ok mate

I'm sorry, this tactic might have worked in beta. But it blows in the retail version.
Getting raped by any competition that's equal or better than my side (Shakhtar).

I'm sorry, this tactic might have worked in beta. But it blows in the retail version.
Getting raped by any competition that's equal or better than my side (Shakhtar).

It's hard to go by set tactics right now because the Match Engine seems to be so ****** up.

has it gelled?

It works a blast for my Atletico Madrid side.
just beat Manchester United 4-1.
Remember that you need to use players thats playing in the roles that are set. ETC a Targetman as CF wount work as good as intended etc.

here is my lineup:

Courtois
Toby Alderweireld
Diego Godin
Balanta
Felipe
M.Suarez
Koke
Juanfran
Turan
Villa
Diego Costa

id imagine if you play shaktar Donestsk it should utterly rape teams once it gets gelled.
put the tactic in all 3 tactic slots for it to go faster.
make sure General Training is on Team Cohesion and Match Training on Tactic only.

Best of luck!

has it gelled?

It works a blast for my Atletico Madrid side.
just beat Manchester United 4-1.
Remember that you need to use players thats playing in the roles that are set. ETC a Targetman as CF wount work as good as intended etc.

here is my lineup:

Courtois
Toby Alderweireld
Diego Godin
Balanta
Felipe
M.Suarez
Koke
Juanfran
Turan
Villa
Diego Costa

id imagine if you play shaktar Donestsk it should utterly rape teams once it gets gelled.
put the tactic in all 3 tactic slots for it to go faster.
make sure General Training is on Team Cohesion and Match Training on Tactic only.

Best of luck!
I'm playing decent against the rubbish teams, but as soon as I face teams like Dnepr, Metalist or Dynamo Kiev I get smashed.
I don't believe you can put the tactic in more than one slot, or am I wrong?

I'm playing decent against the rubbish teams, but as soon as I face teams like Dnepr, Metalist or Dynamo Kiev I get smashed.
I don't believe you can put the tactic in more than one slot, or am I wrong?

You can put one tactic in three slot. It's automatically rename by the game like this:

Slot1: "Your tactic"
Slot2: Copy of "Your tactic"
Slot3: Copy of the copy of "Your tactic"

I've been trying this formation with good results after a few games with Man City (will post once I have played a decent number of games)

Slightly different to the original one in this thread I use:

To start match:
Team Mentality = Attacking

Gk

2x FB (auto => att)
2x CB (def)

1 x CM (def)
1 x CM (auto => att)

2 x WG (att)

1 x DLF (sup)
1 x AF (att)

This proves to be completely devastating with many chances and great attacking football. I use strikers on the wings to run at the defence instead of early crossing.

If I am say 2-0 up at half time, I switch to Team Mentality = Defensive which makes the FBs both CMs set to defending. This then appears to be even more devastating as the opposition cannot get near my goal and my counter attack usually grabs me another 2 to 3 goals.

Best tactics so far for the full game for my expensive Man City team. Not sure how well they would work playing as a small club though. I may start to experiment starting matches with Team Mentality = Defensive as this does appear to be a brutal counter attacking strategy.

I've been trying this formation with good results after a few games with Man City (will post once I have played a decent number of games)

To start match:

Gk

2x FB (auto => att)
2x CB (def)

1 x CM (def)
1 x CM (auto => att)

2 x WG (att)

1 x DLF (sup)
1 x AF (att)

This proves to be completely devastating with many chances and great attacking football. I use strikers on the wings to run at the defence instead of early crossing.

If I am say 2-0 up at half time, I switch to Team Mentality = Defensive which makes the FBs both CMs set to defending. This then appears to be even more devastating as the opposition cannot get near my goal and my counter attack usually grabs me another 2 to 3 goals.

Best tactics so far for the full game for my expensive Man City team. Not sure how well they would work playing as a small club though. I may start to experiment starting matches with Team Mentality = Defensive as this does appear to be a brutal counter attacking strategy.

Do you use the tactic home and away mate?

I've been trying this formation with good results after a few games with Man City (will post once I have played a decent number of games) Slightly different to the original one in this thread I use: To start match: Team Mentality = Attacking Gk 2x FB (auto => att) 2x CB (def) 1 x CM (def) 1 x CM (auto => att) 2 x WG (att) 1 x DLF (sup) 1 x AF (att) This proves to be completely devastating with many chances and great attacking football. I use strikers on the wings to run at the defence instead of early crossing. If I am say 2-0 up at half time, I switch to Team Mentality = Defensive which makes the FBs both CMs set to defending. This then appears to be even more devastating as the opposition cannot get near my goal and my counter attack usually grabs me another 2 to 3 goals. Best tactics so far for the full game for my expensive Man City team. Not sure how well they would work playing as a small club though. I may start to experiment starting matches with Team Mentality = Defensive as this does appear to be a brutal counter attacking strategy.
Interesting tweaks... Thx for sharing! One question: Did you change the individual player instructions too or just the roles? Cheers...

To start match:

Gk

2x FB (auto => att)
2x CB (def)

1 x CM (def)
1 x CM (auto => att)

2 x WG (att)

1 x DLF (sup)
1 x AF (att)

Don't share that uber secret, that keeping things super simple is the way to beat this game ;)

To start match:

Gk

2x FB (auto => att)
2x CB (def)

1 x CM (def)
1 x CM (auto => att)

2 x WG (att)

1 x DLF (sup)
1 x AF (att)

Upload your tactic please.
Thanks

I will upload when I get home. I'm busy at work! 8-|

I use the same tactics home & away and play FMC because I am lazy so there are no OIs. I also use the "get stuck in" shout because I like to literally kick my opponents off the park.

like 4-2-4 attack attack for FMC :D doubt this will work as good in manager mode, but im not saying it wount :p
(dear god i have tested and tested tactics alllll week...)

I tried some of the modifications now....

Atletico Madrid - Real madrid 2-2 (2-0)

Villa missed two penalties and Cassilas was a living wall.
conceeded both goals on corner :/
But has to say i got obliterated in possesion and chances. 15/6 for me 20/12 for them Pos 45-55%

Last edited:
How thic tactic working now on full game ?