442 - Beautiful Football, Incredible Results

matonajbolji

Reaction score
This is not my tactic. I'm posting it with permission from Marcelo from SIgames.

This is a tactic meant to play a quick and attractive style of football, with lots of movement, quick exchange of passes and deadly counter attacks. And you can expect goals to be spread across your team, the midfielders score a lot in this tactic.

My squad:

image.jpg

Formation:

image.jpg

Final League Table - Season 2016-17:

image.jpg

Some Results:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Patch:
Match Preparation: Attacking Movement

Other Info:

- No target man and playmaker
- OI: I never use them
- Pitch size: only tested in 105m x 68m
- MCR more defensive, MCL more creative
- STCR more creative, STCL poacher type (feel free to invert these two, i like to use left footed on left, right footed on right)
- Although not extensively tested, it seems the tactic works just as well as a 4411. So if you want to use an AMC, just drop the STCR to the AMC position and increase his mentality by 2 notches, and put the STCL in the central position.
I will be updating this opening post with more information in the next few days, if you want to know something just ask.
And if you use the tactic, I would appreciate any feedback. But please, use it for a full season before making any judgement. It isn't helpful if you play just one or two games with it and say it sucks.

Download Link:
4-4-2 Marcelo v1.tac

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a 41131 version of the tactic. Basically the same tactic with a different, more attacking formation.

Download Link : 41131 Marcelo v1.tac

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4141 Formation (if you feel your team is too exposed, mainly for tough away games):

Download Link :
4141 Marcelo v1.tac

Here are some videos of goals socred with this tactic, so you can have an idea of what to expect from this:

vs. Porto: View My Video
vs. Chelsea: View My Video
vs. Liverpool: View My Video
vs. Arsenal: View My Video
vs. Chivas: View My Video
vs. Liverpool(2): View My Video
vs. Leeds: View My Video

Last edited:
is match preparation on average attacking movement or high?

Would you say that the tactic is suitable for underdogs or are your Stoke side a topteam now ?

one more question, do we need to untick a playmaker and target man?

Would you say that the tactic is suitable for underdogs or are your Stoke side a topteam now ?
This is my tactic from the SI Games forum, I gave permission to matonajbolji to post it here. I developed the tactic with a strong Stoke team in 2016, although not the best squad in the league:

is match preparation on average attacking movement or high?

Match preparation attacking movement. Workload has no effect on match performance, leave it high or very high until tactic is all fluid, and after that leave it always at very low just to maintain.

one more question, do we need to untick a playmaker and target man?
I don't select any specific Target Men or Playmaker. I'm not sure if ticking the boxes without selecting any specific players has any real effect on the game, logic says it does not, but it's certainly not hurting the tactic either, so I leave it that way. :)

Btw, thanks to matonajbolji for posting the tactic here.

Cheers. Ï never look at those screens though as they take into account the youngsters in the first team as well.Looks like a top notch team, good work

i hope the second works better because with the first one in 3 matches so far

Swansea-Aston Villa 1-5
Wigan-Swansea 0-4
Swansea-Liverpool 3-6

^^its not going to work with a small team straight away

But i hope it will work before 2016-2017 season. I have made quiet good signings for Swansea. Pouplin, Moras, Verratti, Bressan, Wilfried, Nangis, Leandro Damiao, Carlos Diogo, Barron, Howard, Alex Serrano, Prestia, Danilo Pereira and Felipe Anderson