442 The Iron Ones (updated) by Roncerno and Malte722

malte722

Reaction score
442TheClarets by Malte722

Hey guys!

First and foremost, I apologize. I have had such a decision anxiety about what tactic I really should have as my final. I tried "TheClarets" a lot, but in the long run so it was not nearly as good as I first thought.

Therefore, I have now decided to use this as my final tactic. It works absolutely best among the ones I have created. I am in the process of updating the opening post with information about the required player attributes and so on.

And now I'll complete a lot of tests with both good and less good clubs. So help yourselves ... and once again I apologize. It's so hard to decide sometimes. :)

Will now update the OP with information. GOOD LUCK :)

Latest IronOnes:

View attachment 366118

Last edited:
U have created absolute beast. Working well with Hull in first prem season. Will upload screens tomorrow.
Guys, test this, for real.. I think we have another modern warfare here.

U have created absolute beast. Working well with Hull in first prem season. Will upload screens tomorrow.
Guys, test this, for real.. I think we have another modern warfare here.

Thx.. yes im going to test it out with a few more teams right now.. will update my op later :)

Thx.. yes im going to test it out with a few more teams right now.. will update my op later :)

No problems, I simply love amount of CCC's this tactic produces. Also love how both strikers score/assists and work well. Do set pieces for next version? With right corner tactic this can score +15 more in season.

I will try it with my dnipro. i hope i can win europa league in fisrt season

I will try it with my dnipro. i hope i can win europa league in fisrt season
U can. Just try to find quick forwards, which should be also able to pass little, and have some creativity. And mainly, finishing/off the ball.

and go for def pos. U will get lot of goals by pressing of the tactic.

edit2: and use little more defensive able midfielder on MCL and more attacking one on MCR. Dont set any playmaker.

Last edited:
No problems, I simply love amount of CCC's this tactic produces. Also love how both strikers score/assists and work well. Do set pieces for next version? With right corner tactic this can score +15 more in season.

Yes im working on it now. Going to make some minor changes to the defense as well as for the set pieces. Testing it now with a Swansea save... will get back to you when im done with the season :)

well done pal, have u tried this tactic in a new game to see if it works from scratch

well done pal, have u tried this tactic in a new game to see if it works from scratch

It does. Like in OP says, creator played with ORIGINAL DEFAULT SQUAD and won his league easily, with poor team. And I have used it in Finland leagues with success.

The attacking movement is just deadly. Often when striker already has shooting position, he sees that another striker is in better position, and passes to him, and he can shoot to empty net. Crossing by wingers is also deadly, it provides lot of header goals by strikers, even my strikers are 178cm and 184cm. Off the ball movement is important for strikers. And the best thing, it is fully plug and play.

Midfielders provide good support and do couple goals per season, mostly from crosses since they have run from deep sometimes. MCR gets more assists than MCL, since he is bit more attacking, but has tight marking too. I also favor hard working players, so I recommend going for it. Even my strikers have work rate 15+.

Defense is also pretty capable. Only goal I allowed that month was from Blackburn, and it was from corner. So only thing prolly which needs tweaking is defending set-pieces.

I really feel that this tactic has potential to come one of the best for FM13.

So:

+ Great attacking movement even on def pos training
+ Works great away, since it is counter-attacking
+ Stable defense
+ two same style strikers!! (Poacher kinda)

- Set-pieces, attacking and defending.

balanced/average, def pos.
NO OI, team talks by assistant.

edit: Currently testing V2

Last edited:
just got promoted using rock classic with Vauxhall motors, so am gunna use this one now and see if I can get promoted again

View attachment 363426
SS from upcoming version.

We have been working closely with Malte. And we have done some great tweaks to defense, which leads to more counter-attacks. And for corners, we made the tweak which is most popular among the tactics :)

Probably gonna upload it tonight.

well i just won with Vitesse (media prediction 7th)... works like a charm and the attack is really good in this second version (will upload tonight after some more testing)

View attachment 363431

This is one of my strikers.. scoring LOTS of goals...

View attachment 363432

its in swedish, but 44 matches.. 43 goals :)

more testing coming up... so far so good

edit: the opening post will be updated.. more detailed and more SS. Tonight when i release this second version togheter with Rocerno :)

Last edited:
I wish this was made with the tactic creator, i love playing fmc too much, tough luck for me i guess, might give normal game a go, see if i can get back into it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I wish this was made with the tactic creator, i love playing fmc too much, tough luck for me i guess, might give normal game a go, see if i can get back into it

Load up the full version of the game and copy over all the instructions onto a tactic creator tactic. Takes about 10 minutes but can then work on FMC

Load up the full version of the game and copy over all the instructions onto a tactic creator tactic. Takes about 10 minutes but can then work on FMC

Ah the king at converting has spoken, cheers mate, ill have a go when i get on my fm machine lol, thanks again