GeorgeC994

Reaction score
I was just wondering whether anybody had found a regen which had 5 star potential as haven't seen anyone on FM12 with that. Can you post some screenshots of your players if they have 5 star potential as i would like to see there stats.

Yeah I have two current CB on my game, with 200 and 198. Strange that there both CB.

Have any of your scouts found players with 5 star potential? Mine normally find players that are 3 1/2 - 4 star

I once had two 4.5 stars regens, but never 5 star.

It all depends on how good your facilities are and how good the scouts are.

View attachment 265457 This is my 5* guy! Paid my highest ever transfer fee for him at £9 million. Notsure how good he really is as my players arn't great being ebbsfleet, first season in the prem therefore scouts may just rate him up as he's wayyyyy better than anything else i have.

If you are a top club you are unlikely to get 5* since no one can be that good so they could have 5* potential but never higher than 4 or 4.5* CA since at Barca, Messi is only 4* CA and 4.5* PA.

I have many 5 star because i am managing in the Austrian second division.

If 5 star means PA of 190 or above (witch it does not), i have 9 in 4 seasons.

I have a 200 PA regen coming in (he's Brazilian and under 18) yet he's only 3.5 star. Don't understand.

Last edited:
I have a 200 PA regen coming in (he's Brazilian and under 18) yet he's only 4 star. Don't understand.

Potential stars are relative to players in that position already in your team.

In addition, just because he has 200PA does not mean he can achieve it...a lot depends on his hidden stats, some mental stats, some physical stats.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Potential stars are relative to players in that position already in your team. Simple as that.

The regen is compared to James Rodriguez who's 3.5 stars and he has about 167 PA if I remember correctly. How can someone with 200 PA be considered to only play at Rodriguez's level? The scout is 20/20 as well.

The regen is compared to James Rodriguez who's 3.5 stars and he has about 167 PA if I remember correctly. How can someone with 200 PA be considered to only play at Rodriguez's level? The scout is 20/20 as well.

James Rodriguez is a very good winger/attacking mid. Even though his PA is not high...he has the right attributes to excel in his position which is why h is rated highly in those 2 roles.

Another thing to not is, if you have a really good player in that position it will be very hard to find 4.5/5 star regens compared to him - unless the regen has a really good CA or you train him right (in which case his stars will increase as he gets better).

Now if your regen has the right hidden/mental/physical stats you could train him specifically to a winger/attacking mid schedule and his pot compared to James Rodriguez will definitely increase.

Last edited:
The star system should be more simple, IMO. In fm13 they could give stars according to the overall players, or having the top player for every position being the 5 star. If you had a 5 star, u would have the best :D. This way the CA would be more visible in the game

The star system should be more simple, IMO. In fm13 they could give stars according to the overall players, or having the top player for every position being the 5 star. If you had a 5 star, u would have the best :D. This way the CA would be more visible in the game
I'm not sure about that since then it's harder to work out if someone from another club is better or worse.

I'm not sure about that since then it's harder to work out if someone from another club is better or worse.

Imagine Messi - 5 star player. AMC/AML/AMR CA/PA 199/199
James Rodriguez 3.5 star - same positions (165/165)
Random player - 4.5 stars - same positions (175/175)
Random player2 - 4 stars - same positions (170/170)

And so on for this positions. The number the stars, the CA of the player.

Myself, in Benfica, i have the majoraty of the players with more than 170 CA, but i have regens AMRL with 4.5 stars with 160 PA and i have Goezte and Hazard. If the game is comparing to my players, how can a 160 PA get 4.5 stars compared to players with 180 CA/PA??

Thsi is why i use Genie, because, IMO, the start system its not to trust, i can say, its deceiving!

Well ye...if you use genie then you'll prob know who to get - but the current system adds a bit of realism. Team scouts in real life scout out players comparing them to players in their teams.

Plus the present system makes us work to find good players :p

James Rodriguez is a very good winger/attacking mid. Even though his PA is not high...he has the right attributes to excel in his position which is why h is rated highly in those 2 roles.

Another thing to not is, if you have a really good player in that position it will be very hard to find 4.5/5 star regens compared to him - unless the regen has a really good CA or you train him right (in which case his stars will increase as he gets better).

Now if your regen has the right hidden/mental/physical stats you could train him specifically to a winger/attacking mid schedule and his pot compared to James Rodriguez will definitely increase.

Cool, thanks for explaining it. James never worked out for me which is a shame but I got him for 5m and sold him for 14m.

Team scouts in real life scout out players comparing them to players in their teams.

No? Scouts look for players that the coach/manager thinks are better for the team.

If you want Players like Messi your scout would never search for Cristiano Ronaldo, or it would give a 3 stars because you cannot compare both, so you wouldn't sign him!