No? Scouts look for players that the coach/manager thinks are better for the team.

If you want Players like Messi your scout would never search for Cristiano Ronaldo, or it would give a 3 stars because you cannot compare both, so you wouldn't sign him!

Yes and these better players are better than the already existing players? So in other words the new players are comparatively better than the older players yes?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

This confuses me as well. Let's say we're Barca and we go by what golem said, if we have Messi who is the best player in the game based on attributes and rating, how can he only be 4.5*? In my games, Messi always reaches his PA and no other player ever comes close to matching his rating, yet he'll only be 4.5*? If everything is relative, regardless of what team he is on, shouldn't he get the 5* rating because he's considered the best player in the world? What would it take for him to squeeze out the extra .5* on Barca? The 1PA point to bring him to 200PA that he'll never get or the extra 15% rating so he's a 100% winger, which is impossible with the weighted system? It's a flawed system and doesn't make any sense.

This confuses me as well. Let's say we're Barca and we go by what golem said, if we have Messi who is the best player in the game based on attributes and rating, how can he only be 4.5*? In my games, Messi always reaches his PA and no other player ever comes close to matching his rating, yet he'll only be 4.5*? If everything is relative, regardless of what team he is on, shouldn't he get the 5* rating because he's considered the best player in the world? What would it take for him to squeeze out the extra .5* on Barca? The 1PA point to bring him to 200PA that he'll never get or the extra 15% rating so he's a 100% winger, which is impossible with the weighted system? It's a flawed system and doesn't make any sense.

Like in other editions of the game, you will never know if a 16 year old kid will have the potential do be a superstar. You have to w8 and see.

And if its like this, its not like in real life: fabregas at 16 in Arsenal, Ronaldo, 18 to MU, messi with 12 or something to Barca, the fat ronaldo to PSV with 17 and so on and on.

My issue is that everyone in the world knows Messi is one of the best, if not, the best currently playing. However, for whatever reason it is only partially recognized within the game. Messi gets the 4-4.5* (in-game) though everyone would realistically acknowledge there is possibly only 1 or 2 other players in the world as good as him. If the rating system is relative he deserves the 5* in-game, as the other 1 or 2 players do, even if he's playing with all that talent on Barca. Especially, if the developers intentionally made it impossible to have a player better than him.

I've accepted that I can't maximize every attribute, but at least if you have arguably the best player in the world in-game it should be recognized and not arbitrarily knocked down for "realism." Realistically, what real-life scout or coach would rate real Messi just a 4-4.5*/5* when he's arguably the best player in the world? They would get fired for downplaying his skills and not doing their job.

It's because the Barca squad is so good, if you wanted to eek out that final half a star then sell some of Barca's other great players and he'll be valued even more in the squad. He's only rated 4.5 stars because Barca have such quality that they could live without him but of course it also shows that he adds a lot to the squad because he is a quality player.

No? Scouts look for players that the coach/manager thinks are better for the team.

If you want Players like Messi your scout would never search for Cristiano Ronaldo, or it would give a 3 stars because you cannot compare both, so you wouldn't sign him!

Erm actually they would sign him. If they didn't recommend someone with quality like Ronaldo then they shouldn't be scouts.

But Messi's still better

If you are a top club you are unlikely to get 5* since no one can be that good so they could have 5* potential but never higher than 4 or 4.5* CA since at Barca, Messi is only 4* CA and 4.5* PA.

This. This is the most often asked stupid question (thats a lie, this place is full of stupid questions), but STARS VARY CLUB TO CLUB. Stars and PA are barely linked, a player with 75PA could be 5 star potential for your lower league club.

This. This is the most often asked stupid question (thats a lie, this place is full of stupid questions), but STARS VARY CLUB TO CLUB. Stars and PA are barely linked, a player with 75PA could be 5 star potential for your lower league club.

Ok. But there are not stupid questions, just people who don't understand some views of the game, and a "Star player" should be here to help.

Judging a player with stars can be easily connected to the CA, and if you check the scouts report, they give stars for the future of that player (stupid stars, ofc, since they lie :))

I don't know why fm-base doesn't just have an FAQ module