5230 Park The Bus with WBA to win the EPL. Solid Performance.

How's it going so far, could you post your league table?

View attachment 97771 View attachment 97770

sure mate, here's how we stand so far. unbeaten in league as of yet, that league cup memefest against Crystal Palace was unlucky but I couldn't care less about going out from there on penalties. as I said we draw a bit too many times away for comfort, I might be at fault for that as I probably rotate my front three too much and we're just not clinical enough sometimes. but we did beat Arsenal away, so there's that. home we're doing pretty well.

View attachment 1111874 View attachment 1111875

sure mate, here's how we stand so far. unbeaten in league as of yet, that league cup memefest against Crystal Palace was unlucky but I couldn't care less about going out from there on penalties. as I said we draw a bit too many times away for comfort, I might be at fault for that as I probably rotate my front three too much and we're just not clinical enough sometimes. but we did beat Arsenal away, so there's that. home we're doing pretty well.

You're using the updated 17.3.1 version right? Seems solid enough, the original version in the OP was my go-to tactic this year, crazy good but the updates clearly affected it. Will give the newer version a go; one thing I did when I struggled to get goals against poorer sides or away I changed the mentality to Control and it seemed to work most of the time.

You're using the updated 17.3.1 version right? Seems solid enough, the original version in the OP was my go-to tactic this year, crazy good but the updates clearly affected it. Will give the newer version a go; one thing I did when I struggled to get goals against poorer sides or away I changed the mentality to Control and it seemed to work most of the time.

yep, using the 17.3.1 one. I didn't change a thing, just select the lineup on a match-to-match basis and let it roll. even my set piece takers are random since nothing is mentioned about them in the OP and I don't like to rely on set piece heavy tactics anyway. but yeah it seems to work so far with permanently on Contain.

good luck with your campaign, let us know how it turns out :p

you might want to consider getting more creative winger types with good finishing and long shots and train them as wb's as they seem to be more offensive than defensive players in this setup, that might get rid of some of the non-scoring concerns against weaker teams, and then you might want to use your more defensive type wb's when you play someone strong away. but that's pretty basic stuff anyway, but watching our home games sometimes made me miss Markovic and Ibe a bit :D

so the 1 in the OP is outdated now and I must use the parkthebus one?

back to square 1, just beated Man U in charity shield 3-2 (as tottenham), and PSG 5-0 in european super cup. But drew 0-0 with burnsly at home. With attack mentaliy

It is true that some teams will just sit back against this tactic and they can be hard to break down. I use touchline team talk "get more creative" and that usually seems to help. Attacking players playing as wingbacks is also helpful at home to weaker teams. But if the attacking players are good enough and fluid in the tactic, they can usually sneak the one goal needed to beat weaker opponents.

I've just completed my first season with Liverpool using exclusively this tactic (the 17.3.1 updated one) without ever changing anything, here are my conclusions for what its worth:

Ended the season undefeated, the one singular loss came relatively early in the League Cup against Crystal Palace on penalties where I'm sure I didn't field my A team and that cup doesn't matter much anyway, so Invincible achievement in the very first season, that's really good.

Unfortunately, all that defensive prowess in the end backfired a bit, as we drew just one too many game and in the end Man Utd stole the title with 2 points, but overall I am very happy with our performance in the league, I just need to figure out what would be my optimal strongest front three and in what organization, which I still couldn't, and I rotated way too much probably.

But we did win the FA cup with some pretty solid results against the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd on the way, with a somewhat rocky final against Fulham of all teams in the end, anyway, at least we got a trophy as well as the unbeaten season.

So yeah, I'm completely satisfied based on this season. The tactic delivers what it's about: extremely good defensive stability at the cost of attacking prowess, but still the football is both possession-based, and somehow attacking in essence, or at least so the fans say and enjoy. A bit of tinkering with the squad for the following season and this time we're definitely going for the title, no compromises. Also, we'll see how we fare in the Champions League, as there was no European competition for us in this season.

End of season screenshots:

View attachment 97554 View attachment 97543View attachment 97553 View attachment 97551 View attachment 97550

Last edited:
I've just completed my first season with Liverpool using exclusively this tactic (the 17.3.1 updated one) without ever changing anything, here are my conclusions for what its worth:

Ended the season undefeated, the one singular loss came relatively early in the League Cup against Crystal Palace on penalties where I'm sure I didn't field my A team and that cup doesn't matter much anyway, so Invincible achievement in the very first season, that's really good.

Unfortunately, all that defensive prowess in the end backfired a bit, as we drew just one too many game and in the end Man Utd stole the title with 2 points, but overall I am very happy with our performance in the league, I just need to figure out what would be my optimal strongest front three and in what organization, which I still couldn't, and I rotated way too much probably.

But we did win the FA cup with some pretty solid results against the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd on the way, with a somewhat rocky final against Fulham of all teams in the end, anyway, at least we got a trophy as well as the unbeaten season.

So yeah, I'm completely satisfied based on this season. The tactic delivers what it's about: extremely good defensive stability at the cost of attacking prowess, but still the football is both possession-based, and somehow attacking in essence, or at least so the fans say and enjoy. A bit of tinkering with the squad for the following season and this time we're definitely going for the title, no compromises. Also, we'll see how we fare in the Champions League, as there was no European competition for us in this season.

End of season screenshots:

View attachment 1112104 View attachment 1112115View attachment 1112105 View attachment 1112107 View attachment 1112108

An impressive season by any standards. 86 Pts would win the league most seasons. Remember that for a large part of the season, the tactic isn't fluid, so next year I suspect you'll have even more success.

Yes, it was definitely a very pleasing first season. Let's hope you're right about the further success part as well ;)

Ive been testing the tactics using MrL's testing league , the tactic on here that stands out the most for my test is the AlquedaSVB tweak, ive been using it on my Rangers save and its going well

@coolstrock: I've been playing with the AlqaedaSVBtweak myself for the easy matches combined with the original 5320 for the tough away matches. Until now it's going pretty well. If u don't mind me asking what's your approach towards training and OIs with the AlqaedaSVBtweak ? Havent been able to find much info on that matter.

Thx.

Reporting in from end of October in my second season, still using only 17.3.1 updated tactic by the original creator, still not tweaking anything, still going strong. I just love everything about this tactic: 3 CB setups are a favorite of mine and as I mentioned already I also like to be defensively secure, and what this one produces in this is just insane. We only conceded one so far in 10 PL matches while banging in quite a few of our own in return.

I love how compact the team is and how everyone's doing everything all the time, other than the GK literally every player can be found in every spot of the pitch and you'll never know who's going to score the next one or who'll be the one going back to chase down the ball. Really just awesome.

Screenshots from where I am now:

View attachment 97339 View attachment 97338

We are breaking defensive records left and right while still playing football the fans love and it's really good offensively as well; Firmino is putting in some world class performances this season playing as the right AMC. Obviously the 1-3 away win against Real Madrid in the Champions League is the season's highlight so far, and I can't wait to see how far can we go in both the CL and the domestic league.

So, long story short, ******* awesome tactic.

Ive been testing the tactics using MrL's testing league , the tactic on here that stands out the most for my test is the AlquedaSVB tweak, ive been using it on my Rangers save and its going well
Where can i find this tweak?

@coolstrock: I've been playing with the AlqaedaSVBtweak myself for the easy matches combined with the original 5320 for the tough away matches. Until now it's going pretty well. If u don't mind me asking what's your approach towards training and OIs with the AlqaedaSVBtweak ? Havent been able to find much info on that matter.

Thx.

For the first test on MrL's testing league i didnt use any OI's and training was always on match training ,, but the second test i used the OI's mentioned on SVB's tweak , with Att movement , it gave a slight improvement , bothe tests were consistently good , so at the moment its the tactic i'm using for my Rangers save

well, finally lost against Arsenal away, 0-1. so there goes our unbeaten streak, still, we did set the record with 50 games going undefeated in the league. bit of a shame, really, but I suppose getting the Invincible all the time would be way too much to aim for.