Nffcgem91

Reaction score
Hey all I'm back with a brand new story on the new game. some of you may remember I did a story on FM16 with Tranmere Rovers, things were going ok on the game but due to work and moving house I was restricted to game time and didn't manage to finish my journey. I am now settled and can get plenty of game time on the new game.

So to the game this year I have decided to stick to the non-league as this is my favourite way to play FM, I have started the game with Forest Green Rovers. It's a team I have always fancied managing so i thought this was the year.

View attachment 107946

BREAKING NEWS FOREST GREEN ROVERS HIRE

GEMMA SMITH AS THEIR NEW MANAGER!

Manager profile.
Name: Gemma Smith
***: Female
Place of birth: Nottingham
Favourite team: Nottingham Forest

Background Of Forest Green Rovers
Name: Forest Green Rovers Football Club
Nickname: Rovers, Green Army
Founded: 1889
Stadium: The New Lawn
Capacity: 5032
Chairman: Dale Vince
Manager: Gemma Smith

Last edited:
Enjoyed the Tranmere story, hopefully this one will last longer

Lets get started

Tactics

So in terms of tactics I have gone for a 4-4-2 formation due to having decent wingers i will be able to exploit the flanks. I always like to play with 2 strikers up top.

I will also be playing Attacking and flexible football, with instruction of exploit the flanks, hit early crosses and tighter marking.

View attachment 107914
View attachment 107913

My starting 11 will line up as seen above. (Traore is suspended but he will be a first team regular, Liam Noble will be his replacement).

Transfer

View attachment 107912

In terms of transfers I was very happy with the players I brought in. Rino Luliano was definitely a player I couldn't turn down a 4 star keeper that will start as our number 1, secondly Maximilano Mirabet a 4 star CB that would slot in as cover at the back, for a free transfer i couldn't turn him down either and he has experience at the age of 35. Luke Burke will start and play at RB another 4 star player on loan from Wigan. As for Tom Paul and Tom Field they will both be backups to the first team. Joe Wilkinson was brought in by the youth staff as a Hot Prospect and this lad has potential. As you can see no out going but I will be looking to send a few young lads out on loan for experience.

So with the basics out the way onto the season, I will be posting month to month updates. As I decided to do a story half way through October I only have the league table from October on wards, But i'm sure after seeing my results in the months before you will get a rough idea of where I am.

Preseason

View attachment 107907

Nearly a perfect preseason!

• Forest Green U23's - It's all about fitness and a good run out for both the senior and U23's.
  • Cirencester - A game I was favourite to win and I did just that and also got a clean sheet it was nice for the strikers to both get goals.
  • Hendon - Another game I was Favourites to beat them. Also a clean sheet again was nice.
  • Brimscombe & Thrupp - It's fair to say we hammered them, Fabien Robert also got a hatrick.
  • Newcastle U23's - A very end to end game a few of Newcastle's senior players played as well it was quite a tough match but we went 1 better in the 9 goal thriller.
  • Slimbridge - Who are they? we only just managed to salvage a draw with 2 goals from Rhys Murphy. Stats wise you would think they were in the league.

Fairly easy teams in preseason the most pleasing sign to see was the strikers scoring.

Player of Preseason

This was an easy choice Rhys Murphy, He scored in every game in preseason bagging 8 goals in 6 games.

View attachment 107899

August

View attachment 107894

Down to business.

• Boreham Wood - A good way to start the campaign a 2-0 win away at Boreham Wood, Rhys Murphy got on the score sheet again but this time when it matter. Also a clean sheet.
  • Sutton United - First game of the season at The New Lawn with a 3-1 win with goals from Murphy, ( Subs) McGory and Chemlal. We did go 1-0 down early on but came out second half with a superb performance.
  • Gateshead - A home tie against Gateshead was next and they completed out played us with 55% possession and 19 shots on goal. Though Murphy managed another goal.
  • Woking - This was a superb team performance, the most surprising part is that Murphy didn't score, it's fair to say we thrashed them. With 5 different goalscorers.
  • York - I was very pleased with this result and performance and let the team know about it. We took the lead after 5 mins through Matt Tubbs, He then got his second on 33 mins to earn him the Man of the Match award.
  • Maidstone - Highly disappointed! we took the lead after 25 mins through Murphy, we dominated the match with 21 shot to there 3 shots. Conceding 2 from set pieces.
  • Southport - Southport on TV who's idea was that! we took the lead after 15 mins with a superb 35 yard shot from Murphy. The game was fairly even they just took there chances we didn't.

Player of the month

This again could have been Rhys Murphy with 5 goals in 7 matches, but i'm going to give it to Matt Tubbs who scored 4 goals in 7 matches but average a rating of 7.82 all month.

View attachment 107884

Last edited:
Good luck gem, following your journey through the leagues

September

View attachment 107882

A better month.

• Chester - After a disappointing end to last month, we went to Chester and away and came away with all three point after a great strike from Murphy on 74 mins.
  • Dover - Not much I can say apart from a bore draw.
  • Eastleigh - Well and truly thumped them. A great hatrick from Matt Tubbs and MOTM for him.
  • Bromley - Despite the win, I wasn't pleased with how many goals we conceded to the team at the bottom.
  • Braintree - Despite it being a bore draw, I was pleased with the clean sheet as I consider Braintree as tougher opponents.

Player of the month

Matt Tubbs deserved this this by a mile a hatrick against Eastleigh and a goal against Bromley an average rating of 8.02.

View attachment 107870

October

View attachment 107841

Not a bad month at all.

• Barrow - What a nice way to start the month with a 3-1 win over barrow, when Murphy fired us front after 15 mins. Barrow equalised on 32 mins, then a sloppy own goal gave us the lead. Racine finished off the game with a brilliant header in the top right corner.
  • Aldershot - I was jumping with joy at this result as at time they were top of the league and I thrashed them 4-0. Tubbs and Murphy linking up well again and Racine showing me why he should be in the team.
  • North Ferriby - Gutted, we had 26 shots on goal 59% possesion and just didn't take our chance 2-1 loss to a team I should have won with ease. A pattern with the losses take the lead early concede late on.
  • Poole - FA Cup fourth qualifying round, I gave a rare start to Marcus Kelly who has just come back from injury and did he take his chance. We then went further ahead 5 mins later through Murphy's volley, but conceded in the 82nd minute. We play Bromley in the first round.
  • Guiseley - A very pleasing performance from the team, Kelly kept his place and popped up with a goal. Murphy scored a brace and Tubbs contributed to a perfect performance.
  • Solihul Moors - Smith Slams team after an awful performance, with only 4 shots on goal. We just never got going. Murphy did score a goal early on but it just wasn't good enough.
  • Dag & Red Bridge - I think the whole team took on board what I said to them last match and reacted with a brilliant 1-0 win over the relegated team.

Signing

We made an addition to our strike force. Welcome Ollie Palmer on loan from Leyton Orient.

View attachment 107832

Player of the month

Rhys Murphy gets the award with 7 goals in 7 games. He was outstanding!

View attachment 107831

League Table

As things stand we are 3rd and only 4 points off the top.

View attachment 107830

Decent start to the season, and perhaps a little unlucky to lose the last 2 games

November

View attachment 107586

Not so great this month.

• Bromley - FA cup first round was very pleasing, we totally thumped Bromley with Wishart and Marsh brown getting their first goal of the season for us.
  • Macclesfield - Fairly even result, a very end to end game. We went 1-0 down after 13 mins luckily Tubbs strike salvage a draw for us.
  • Lincoln - 2nd against 3rd and the one I really wanted to win unfortunately they out classed us and got the crucial second goal to gain them all 3 points.
  • Tranmere - After some stern words after the Lincoln game the team bounced back with a 2-0 win and this was by far the best performance of the season. Elliott Frear got his first goal for the club and a brace.
  • Wrexham - I was gutted by this result as we went 2-0 up and 2 late goals denied us of all 3 points.
  • Aldershot - How did I not win this one? top of the league Aldershot my question was how are they top of the league we out played them with 27 shots and we couldn't even managed to convert one shot in the back of the net.

Player of the month

Keanu Marsh-Brown ended the month with an average rating of 7.92 with 3 goals and 4 assists.

View attachment 107585

League Table

Not a great month in terms of results and now its time to play catch up.

View attachment 107584

December

View attachment 107583

Much better month. After a not so good November i changed tactics to a 4-2-4 formation, control and structured.

• Barnet - We started December away in the FA Cup 2nd round to Barnet and we didn't deserve to loose we did out play them.
  • Eastleigh - I was very pleased with this result. Fabien Robert approached me before the match asking for more game time. He scored a magnificent penalty to win us all 3 points.
  • Ebbsfleet - FA Trophy first round away at Ebbsfleet, they outclassed us with a strike force of Aaron Mcclean and Charlie Sherringham. They took the lead after 51 mins luckily Sinclair rescued us on 93 mins to take it to extra time. Tiredness showed and we had just enough to take us through to the second round.
  • Dover - We deserved all 3 points against Dover we played really well and Fabien Robert showing me why he should be in the team.
  • Torquay - How we only managed to score 2 goals is beyond me it should have been more. Both goals came from the left side of the field. With Wishart and Frear linking up really well.

Player of the month

Fabien Robert gets the award after asking for more game time he surely did take his chance scoring 2 goals and 3 assists.

View attachment 107582

League Table

A much better month and we are starting to close the gap.

View attachment 107581

January

View attachment 107453

Mixed month.

• Torquay - A bore draw, we beat them away last match but couldn't beat them at home.
  • Bromley - A result to forget, 15 mins into the match the keeper got injured and with having 2 keepers injured anyway I didn't have one on the bench so a defender had to step up to go in goal (Big mistake). Things got even worse when Liam Noble and Elliott Frear got sent off and we was reduced to 9 men before half giving Bromley there first win in the league. Due to the poor performance we refunded all the travelling fans there money back.
  • Southport - Another poor result that we didn't deserve to win and that sees us out of the FA Trophy. (I wasn't to concerned about this though).
  • Braintree - We finally picked up form again. A match we did deserve to win, we played really well and was pleased with with the performance but an own goal was the decider.
  • Barrow - I was an extremely pleased manager. We went 2-0 down within 10 mins. After some angry words at half time the team woke up Marsh-Brown pulled one back on 76 mins. Then Super sub Tubbs scored a brace in the space of a minute to claim us all 3 points.

Player of the month

This has to go to Tubbs after he put in a brilliant performance against Barrow, but no one really stood out this month.

View attachment 107452

League Table

Despite some poor results, teams around us drop points and we go top.

View attachment 107451

February

View attachment 107435

Just didn't take our chances again.

• Sutton United - Absolutely shocking performance, this one was definitely by far the worse Sutton had 28 shots to our 3 shots.
  • Boreham Wood - Another poor performance though we did manage to get a draw. Tiredness is starting to kick in.
  • Gateshead - After some poor result we managed to get a win. I was very pleased with this result as there's nothing better than a last minute winner. A great 30 yard strike from Rob Sinclair to claim all 3 points against a team I consider promotion contenders.
  • Woking - We was very unlucky with this result we out played them for 90 mins and just couldn't score.
  • Tranmere - An emotional day as I went back to Prenton Park. I did come out on top with a magnificent 3-0 win. A clean sheet as well was pleasing.

Player of the month

Liam Noble despite the poor month, he average a month rating of 7.47 with 2 assists and goal against Tranmere.

View attachment 107434

League Table

Due to dropping points we drop down to second only a point off the top.

View attachment 107433

A poor patch of results there in Feb, but done brilliantly to keep only a point behind 1st place.

If I'm right, without Tubbs & Murphy's goals, you would be 12 points worse off, good thing they stated the season so well!

Good luck for the rest of the season

A poor patch of results there in Feb, but done brilliantly to keep only a point behind 1st place.

If I'm right, without Tubbs & Murphy's goals, you would be 12 points worse off, good thing they stated the season so well!

Good luck for the rest of the season

yes very true they have been the difference. Thank you