tantrix

Reaction score

**We have now launched! http://full90.soul-sector.net is where you can find the league**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings!

First of all, I'd like to say this FM community has been kind to me in terms of advice/strategy/good reads, so thank you very much for that (never been a poster here, but a long time reader).
Secondly, if this is considered spam, I am very sorry, I'm not sure how else to go about this.

I'm here as a fellow FM fanatic to spread the word about a sim league that I am developing with a few other FM guys I know. We haven't started it yet because we are in the process of getting in touch with some of the bigger FM communities to gauge interest in the project.

I will try and keep this as short as possible.

The idea comes from the community I am currently a part of (http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums). It's mainly a hockey community, but it is home to 2 very, very successful hockey sim leagues. If you have a moment, take a peek under the section "Breakaway Leagues" - the BHL and the ISHL are the big ones - the ISHL runs on FM's older forgotten twin - EHM 2007, but it is wildly successful). Our idea is similar to those two leagues.

Unfortunately, you have to register to be able to see the league's game results forums, which gives you an idea of how the presentation is done. I am not at all saying "GO JOIN UP!", after all I am just a regular member there, but if you are interested in might be worth a quick peek.

The league would function as it's own soccer "universe". Players (or members) would fill out a sign-up forum that allows them to fully customize their player, playing styles, and attributes (as we all know how powerful the FM editors are). You can write a player synopsis that touches upon each and every attribute of your game, allowing us to recreate you as accurately as possible in the league. The teams in the league would also be created by members, fully customized to be from any city, country, or region the owner desired (this is based on, say, an 8 team league), along with all the details that go along with creating your own club (kits, stadiums, etc).

The rosters would be filled out with members who sign up for the league, while the owners/managers would set up team tactics, lineups, and all the other duties that a manager would have in FM. The league would function for the most part as any other league does: Pre-season fixtures, a lengthy regular season, domestic cup, and some form of championship playoff or cup format.

Ratings are determined by your activity in and around the league. Ratings are usually updated after each season, depending on activity and contribution to the league (basically posting in the forums). Posting in your team thread, posting in the game day threads, writing articles, keeping blogs, helping out with the league, being generally active - there are so many ways to be involved I can't even begin to describe. In the leagues I mentioned in my 3rd paragraph, they even have regular podcasts/radio shows about the league/trades/players/on-goings. It's really a lot of fun.

I could sit here and go into even more detail but I don't think it would do any good. As I said, our actual idea for an FM league is still just that, an idea. We still have a lot of things to iron out, but our main priority is making sure the interest is there. We are reaching out to a few FM communities around the globe, in an attempt to make this a truly global league, and a fun experience for everyone involved.

Anyone who is interested, even in the slightest by the idea - it would be great to hear from you in this thread. If there is anyone interested in perhaps chatting about the development of the league and getting involved, please feel free to PM me.

I am not by any means an FM pro, just a very avid football player/fan who wants to bring something unique to the FM fanbase from as many places around the world as possible.

Again, mods - if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place I apologize. We just want to see if we can create something really fun for FM nuts everywhere, and we needed to get the word out to where those people are.

Regards,

Eric (tantrix)

*I know this isn't a FM2011 topic (as we will probably use FM2010 as the engine), but this forum is the active one now*

Last edited:
a very intruiging idea, one that would take a lot of work,but interesting indeed

that is the **** nerdiest thing I have ever read.

Heh, there's no denying that fact, but you'd be surprised how big of a community there is for things like this. The community I pointed out in my original post has two very large sim leagues that function on a similar concept (albeit they are ice hockey sim leagues). It's rather difficult to explain the concept with just words, hence why I provided a link to that community in case anyone wanted to take a peek.

If you aren't really a forums/message board type of person, it might not be for you. I know it's a long read, but there is really no other way for us to get the word out other than reaching out to these FM communities.

It might take us getting the league up and running before some people really realize what it's all about, but for those who do enjoy being part of a message board/forum community, and enjoy FM like those of us working on this, it should be fun to be a part of.

Guys, this is a great idea, I'm part of the TBN community and those leagues are amazing.

If you really like posting in forums and FM you would have a lot of fun with this. ;)

Quick update on our end here guys. We are working on our sign-up format, bonuses/penalties for preferred moves, and modifying our player ratings scale (among other little nuances).

We are also trying to figure out where to actually host the league. We have a few options but we mostly have the FM community in mind. We have been offered space at thebreakaway.net (the forum community in my initial post) to add a sub forum for the league, however it is mainly a hockey community. I myself have set up a dedicated football message boards on my web server that is (right now) empty, but ready if the league is to make it's home there. It would become a full, football based community if we choose this option.

Any opinions from anyone interested in taking part in this would be great, and will help us decide what to do. Do you prefer to join an already established community (hockey based), or host the league on brand new football dedicated community. Let me know if you have the slightest inkling of interest.

More news to come as soon as I have something to report! (We are very close to - at least - getting our sign-up sheet out to everyone).

Last edited:
Hey guys. We have just opened up our message boards to the public (about 30 minutes ago).

http://full90.soul-sector.net

This is where the community, and the league will call home for the time being. Please feel free to register and sign-up for the league. We need to spread the word around now to try and populate the place, so if you have any friends here or elsewhere who might be interested, please don't hesitate to pass our link on to them :)

Last edited:
just tried to sign up and the link doesnt seem to work anymore, anyone else had this problem? anyway a great idea will sign up once the the site works :)

I'm not sure what just happened. I was also working on the server when everything went dead. I've contacted my host to resolve the issue. Sorry guys, not something done on my end!

edit: Everything seems to be working now. Stupid server.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:32 PM ----------

Issues with the server are now properly resolved (accoring to my host). They had a server fail and had to move our account over, but they didn't bring the right back-up file until now.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Last edited:
This is really good fun guys, if you don't sign up now you will be missing out!

This is really good fun guys, if you don't sign up now you will be missing out!

Glad you're enjoying it so far Fred (not to mention the enjoyment of the big goal you scored in game 1). Thanks for the bump here as well!

We have started playing games as we have reached 30 sign-ups. We have two combine teams put together, and they are playing each other as we continue to try and reach 64-80 sign-ups asap (number required to start our regular season with 4 clubs).

Come and sign-up and we will get you on one of the teams right away :)

The link for the boards can be found HERE.

after some trouble with servers we're running as always!

You can join the league clicking

HERE