SwiftNG

Reaction score
Right so first things first....
This is my first ever story in my existence as a human being so the layout of this story may be sh#t to start off with, so hints and tips for the layout much appreciated!!!

The birth of a legend..

I really cba to do the whole story book thing as I have no patience so yeah..
Decided to do a Gibraltar challenge, taking over a Gibraltar league club and the Gibraltar National Team.

As I am a Manchester United fan (please leave out the jokes of the past season) I thought I may as well give it a bash at taking over Manchester 62.

I have no knowledge whatsoever of either the National team or any of the League Clubs so this season / career could be a disaster.

May I also note that the first few seasons may be a bit erm spontaneous due to the club being poor and at Amateur level, but the League Cup gets you Europa league qualifying rounds and Winning the league Champions league qualifying rounds..

Anywho.. ONTO MANCHESTER 62 oO)​

Hopes of a Nation on my shoulders....

Well....
For the NT I'll be using Steatons Invincible 4-2-3-1 tactic until I know the players better.. Also as as the club is amatuer I only get to train the players once a week so it'd take longer than a whole season to get them familiar with my tactics, unless people can offer some suggestions?

Anyone, I put the start date for the game to Germany so I get longer to train my players, call it cheating if you want but I'm cluching at straws here which will be a hard career XD

Anyway, i let my assistant choose my potential squads as we had Nation Team friendlies before anything to do with my mighty Red Devils of Gibraltar got going...

I must say I have two BEAUTIES in the National Team

View attachment 375334View attachment 375333

Luckily I have two players in their prime or round abouts there who I can mould the team around..

I'll let you judge how the friendlies went...

View attachment 375332

The Bonaire result.. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, they didn't even have a club on the game???? safe to say I then realised this would be a struggle lol...

The Latvia game I was happy and p#ssed as the same time...

View attachment 375331

A Late equaliser tut.. But surely this meant my team could pull a few surprised???

Then yeah the Belarus game brought me to reality lollllllllllllll​

Transfers

I had a small squad so I decided to bring some more players in.. mostly looking for determination, work rate and physical stats tbh.. Everyone is shocking atm, can't wait for a regen with high determination

View attachment 375328

Brought in a few players with non leaving... BTW as its Amatuer you don't have to pay for players nor are you able to sell them.. can't wait to raise money through Europa / Champs League..

Pre Season

I don't really like taking charge of club friendlies cause I don't tend to do enough squad rotation so I let my assistant handle them..

View attachment 375323

And that is where I am currently up to! start of the season to come..

Any suggestions? Constructive criticism only please, I am a 'newb' at FM Stories.​

October update

Dno whether to bother with this? Is anyone interested?

Anywho, here is the October update with 1 National Team Friendly and my first League game.

Gibraltar VS New Zealand...

To be fair I felt quite optimistic about my chances in this match for some reason, at the mighty fortress playing at home and all that XD

And the result...

View attachment 375270

Do I need to explain when you can see for yourself lol

Also, would you prefer me to just type out the result with the goal scorers etc or is a screen shot OK?

Fair to say after this result I wasn't really looking forward to starting my league season against the mighty..

View attachment 375268

They are predicted to finish 4th...

Anywho, MATCH DAY

View attachment 375267

Yep, first win in the bag! But as you can see either my tactic really pushed them into a corner or they were just really ****.. Need to work on the team getting more shots in general and on target, I was actually lucky to win.. Duartes goal was 'dubious' for offside, the own goal was lucky and Perez didn't even mean to score his free kick.. Aye Carumba I'm running a circus act here...​

Doing decent so far, I managed to get Lynx FC to the Champions League group stages within around 12 years so the challenge isn't extremely hard, I mean im ***** at FM...

Good read so far. Am considering starting a game in Gibraltar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doing decent so far, I managed to get Lynx FC to the Champions League group stages within around 12 years so the challenge isn't extremely hard, I mean im ***** at FM...

Was you able to get to Professional club status by then?

Good read so far. Am considering starting a game in Gibraltar

You should! If your looking for a long career then I'd suggest a career in Gibraltar!

November update will be out tonight...

Are the screen shots of the results OK or would the be better in a text format?

Story looks good, mate. Will be following for sure.

Story looks good, mate. Will be following for sure.

Cheers man! Glad to know I haven't started to bore people from the start lol.. Killing me to be at work though when I could do be getting on with my Might Red Devils XD

The year ater I got in, We managed to get the pro status and I tell you, it works wonders in the league and europe!^^)

Thanks! Something to look forward to!

November update will be out today.. Turns out I'm allergic to a certain type of nut and I found out the hard way last night, long night in hospital ?_?

Don't know what team to go in Gibraltar doesn't really look like it matters tho

November

November fixtures

So after I kicked off the season in relatively good form I thought my season would be easy!

Here's how I got on

02/11 had a match against Lynx who were predicted to finish 3rd

View attachment 374452

And onto the match -

View attachment 374451

To be honest I didn't expect a win but after going 2 nil up I thought my side would have more than 3 shots on target the whole match?

09/11 I had a match against Lions Gibraltar predicted to finish 6th

View attachment 374450

This match I would have no excuses for losing as I'm supposed the stronger team by far

View attachment 374449

Happy with the win, disappointed to always concede though tut!!

23/11 I had to play at home against Glacis Utd predicted to finish 5th..
Another result in the bag..

View attachment 374448

Da fuq? with two seconds to go we concede.. I am getting fed up of the low amount of shots on target and the appalling defensive record the Red Devils of Gibraltar currently have!

On the 30/11 I had a match at home against Lincoln (GIB) predicted to finish 1st.. My rivals for the title..

Right, may I just note as one of the stronger teams in the league I think I should beat EVERYONE at my home ground including Lincoln, but most of my national team is with players from Lincoln
:S

Anywho the result -

View attachment 374446

Once again **** shot ratio and **** defending..

The league table currently

View attachment 374445

Player of the month -

View attachment 374442

Duarte managed to get 2 goals and an assist, plus he is my only player with over a 7.00 rating for their past 5 games..
(wish one of my defenders had a reason to be player of the month)