A kid with a plan - Patrick Liljenqvist

PatrickLFC

Mar 31, 2015
Well my form tailed off, relatively speaking, recording 8.3, 8.0 and 7.8 match ratings in my next three games, without a goal or POM award amongst them, and just a single assist. I went off injured in one of them, but fortunately it was just a knock.

I picked up the player of the month award for my efforts, which I am of course delighted about.

PatrickLFC

Mar 31, 2015
God ****! You were quick onto that Patty! I confused your stories for a second (literally not long enough for it to even register that I edited my post) & you caught me! :p
Hahaha I know, it was there when I posted but I had to wait 90 seconds before it would let me reply :p

PatrickLFC

Mar 31, 2015

I played well for Sweden in the second game, despite not getting on the scoresheet in either match.

And after a couple more average games for Saint-Etienne, where I’ve played left mid a couple of times, but mostly up front, I stood up when it counted as we thrashed title favourites Paris Saint-Germain. We go two points clear of them at the top of the league!

Last edited:

PatrickLFC

Mar 31, 2015

My form was not quite the same going forward, and a couple of minor injuries (a week long concussion, along with a few knocks which resulted in early substitutions) halted my momentum, but I continued to produce match-winning performances fairly regularly, though the team’s form fluctuated too. I was rewarded with the Swedish Player of the Year Award.

My goals dried up for a while but my assists tally picked up, and eventually I returned to scoring ways with a brace and another perfect 10 rating.

bnpwp1979

Jun 7, 2010
Amazing story and what a player you have there, he could play for any team and succeed. I hope you get your Liverpool move. KIU.

PatrickLFC

Mar 31, 2015

Eden Hazard claimed the Ballon d’Or and the World Player of the Year prizes

But I was named European Golden Boy! I couldn’t be happier! New manager Olivier Frapolli played a big role I felt, and I was keen to give him credit for my performances this year.

Along with the Golden Boy, I also won the Ligue 1 Foreign Player of the Year Award, an amazing achievement considering the number of international superstars plying their trade at PSG.