A kid with a plan - Patrick Liljenqvist

I put in a player of the match performance in Sweden’s defeat against Japan.

Sadly, it was time to say goodbye to my club manager, Tuca Ferreti, as he retires from the game. I owe him so much after a season in which I appeared 59 times in all competitions, and further improved my game over the last two years. This last season has been the best of my career to date, and I owe it all to him.

My in-game manager is offered the Saint-Etienne job, as I accidentally continued rather than holidayed :p I have to reject it though

Olivier Frapolli is the new man at the helm, after guiding RC Lens to 8th place in the Ligue 1 last year. Hopefully I can enjoy my football under him too, although rumour has it he favours a flat 4-4-2 formation. I hope that's not the case, as both myself and Alen Halilovic, arguably our two star players, prefer to play between the lines in the attacking midfield strata. It remains to be seen how we will line up this season.

Here is the summary of my performances from the last season. 29 goals, 18 assists, 9 POM awards, all club records, and ones I intend to break again next season!

This is how I'm shaping up heading into the new season. I have definitely improved over the last year, and I'm really making that step up to be considered elite, as reflected by my market value. The club have informed me that they won't be letting me go for even double or triple that sum!

I've started preseason at a flying pace, with 7 goals and an assist in just 5 appearances, including 3 from the bench. With Champions League qualifiers coming up, it's important that we hit the ground running.

Transfer on the Horizon...?

View attachment 221241

Currently the only club credited with an interest in me is Barcelona, and I seem to be their main target. 94m is a very steep sum though.

Real Madrid’s primary target is a gun striker from Marseille.

The truth is, a move to Barcelona would be a huge honour for me. I’d definitely rather play for them than Real Madrid, and my ideal destinations, Liverpool and Dortmund, don’t appear to be showing interest at the moment.

Wow,what a fantastic season you just made,and insane stats,wow again. :)
Join the mighty Barca,i would of love that :D but it's your choice. ;)

Wow,what a fantastic season you just made,and insane stats,wow again. :)
Join the mighty Barca,i would of love that :D but it's your choice. ;)

Thanks man, it was pretty successful I'd say. Barca is a possibility for sure, unfortunately it's not up to me :p

The Champions League qualifying round arrived, and I upped my game again. I scored and was named player of the match in the first leg, a 3-0 win, and in the second leg I exploded. No less than 4 of our 6 goals sealed a 9-0 aggregate triumph over Swiss heavyweights Basel.

I was awarded a perfect match rating of 10, and was “hailed as a god-like figure” by the Saint-Etienne faithful. I have a real affinity with the fans here at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, and have no desire to force a move away from a place where I am happy.

Barcelona seem to have switched their attentions to my team-mate Alen Halilovic, who they sold to us just a year ago for a bargain fee of 1.4m. I love playing alongside him, so I’m hoping that their interest doesn’t materialise into a formal offer.

Meanwhile, I’ve been named vice-captain of the club. This is a huge honour for me - and if the objective is to discourage me from leaving, I’d say it’s working. I’m happier here than ever!

Last edited: