Darlofan97

Reaction score
I know i've already posted a thread like this before but since the demo has came out you guys may have a better idea on Laptops for Fm 2011.

So I will start of: Will these be able to run Fm 2011 really good ??

ADVENT Quantum Q200

Processor: Intel Celeron Proccesor
2.2 GHZ
800 MHZ FSB
1MB L2 CACHE

Operating system : Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium

RAM: 2GB INSTALLED DDR2 RAM

GRAPHICS CARD: INTEL GL40 WITH INTERGRATED GRAPHICS PROCESSOR

SCREEN RESOLUTION: 1280 X 800 PIXELS

HARD DRIVE: 250 GB SATA

Will this be decent enough it costs £300 Reduced from £450 thanks !!!!

Terrible processor in that, I'd avoid it if I were you. Use this list as reference for how good a laptop's processor is and get the best you can for your money, that's the most important thing when it comes to FM.

will do the job but all depends on how many leagues you want to run at the same time

Uhh... Games have System Requirements. Use them.

Can anyone recommend me a laptop? My old one is pretty knackered...

And I want more than the System Requirements. My current laptop meets them, but I can't play with any decent sized DB atm.

what is your budget for a laptop? This laptop would be good for FM but it depends on your budget.

Well i am also buying a new laptop, and i need to know
- New Mac air?
- Macbook?
or
other

- New Mac air?
- Macbook?
or
other

depends on what you have at the moment and what are your intended uses for the laptop?

what is your budget for a laptop? This laptop would be good for FM but it depends on your budget.
Acer? :S

- New Mac air?
- Macbook?
or
other
Macbook Pro 13" IMO or if you are going to be playing more games Alienware M11X. Personally I have the Alienware and it has been awesome. Built like a tank, powerful, and relatively small and also not too expensive - about the same as a MB 13". I have a desktop as well in case you where wondering. So your considerations may be different if it will be your sole computer. The MB has a better processor than the M11X, but the M11X has a better graphics card. So it depends what you will be doing most really.

which games as most games are made for windows, not MAC
That is total BS. There is a little something called Bootcamp which lets you run a Windows OS on your Mac.

Last edited:
Acer? :S

Macbook Pro 13" IMO or if you are going to be playing more games Alienware M11X. Personally I have the Alienware and it has been awesome. Built like a tank, powerful, and relatively small and also not too expensive - about the same as a MB 13". I have a desktop as well in case you where wondering. So your considerations may be different if it will be your sole computer.

I don't know much about laptop brands but acer are a large brand and more importantly the spec of that laptop is good.

My apologies I know very little on MACs

Acers tend to have impressive specs and low prices, but also terrible build quality and tons of bloatware. Budget would be an important thing to know.

I don't know much about laptop brands but acer are a large brand and more importantly the spec of that laptop is good.

My apologies I know very little on MACs
AFAIK, Acer don't have a very good track record in terms of reliability...

NP. :D

I have never actually owned a Mac myself. I almost bought a MB 13" instead of the M11X. Luckily I didn't because Apple refreshed shortly after.

But I have to know stuff about all computers being an IT student ;)

lets say around 1,000 dollars (not sure pounds), and i am looking for something that doesnt OVERHEAT, main problem with my pc right now

What's the best laptop for fm with a budget max of around £400?

Hi,

I am going to purchase a new laptop and the only game i will play on it will be football manager. can anybody tell me if this one would be good for it?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pav...19469-pdt.html

i know its a refurb by my last one was and its still going strong after 3 years. have moved in with the misses and left it at home so need a new one. any info would be much appreciated

i posted this in a new thread and was advised to post on here, thanks for your help Jake. i think the £50 is a reduction on the selling price for this laptop and not a new version of this one. Im not a big gamer, i would only play fm but would do a lot of internet browsing, etc. would this get me by? again any input or advice much appreciated

Hi,

I am going to purchase a new laptop and the only game i will play on it will be football manager. can anybody tell me if this one would be good for it?

i know its a refurb by my last one was and its still going strong after 3 years. have moved in with the misses and left it at home so need a new one. any info would be much appreciated

i posted this in a new thread and was advised to post on here, thanks for your help Jake. i think the £50 is a reduction on the selling price for this laptop and not a new version of this one. Im not a big gamer, i would only play fm but would do a lot of internet browsing, etc. would this get me by? again any input or advice much appreciated

in my opinion, that one is more than enough for casual web use and FM. Unless you want to run the 3d match engine in high detail you shouldn't have any problems.

agree with Jake, the laptop has the essential things to run FM well. Good processor and good amount of RAM. 3d match engine is still shocking so I wouldn't really mind about not being able to play it on max.

Hi,

It's got a pretty decent CPU and you don't need more than 4gb RAM anyway, so it should be pretty good for FM :)