A Legend Returns To London

20:00 16 JULY 2012 MEETING WITH ANIELLO CARDINI/PHONECALL WITH TERRY MCDERMOTT

"Hello,Mr.Cardini."
"Hello."
"So,what do you and your client want?"
"My client wants £63,000 a week,with a loyalty bonus of £2.3million,a Sell on Fee Profit Percentageof 10%,apperance fee of £6k,goal bonus of £1.5k,a team of the year bonus of £300k and I would like a feee of £1.4 million.
"OK,how about £61 thousand a week?"
"Deal."
"OK,bye."
"Addio!"
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Hi,Terry."
"Hello Felipe."
"I've agreed terms with Ledesma's agent!"
"Excellent.Remind me,what was the fee again?"
"£9.75million,I think."
"Good.I'm sure he'll be an excellent replacement for Sandro,who is at the Olympics."
"What about a Bale replacement?I'm pretty sure he's at the Olympics as well,isn't he?"
"Yep,he is.Porto want £9milion for (Alex) Sandro and £9.5million for Kleber."
"We can't afford both,so go for Sandro and reject Kleber."
"I'm on it Felipe."
"Bye Terry!"
"Bye!"

Tottenham 1 - Sporting Lisbon Benfica (SLB) 0
Lineup (From Left To Right) :
Muslera
Assou-Ekotto Gallas Jagielka Torosidis
Abu Parker
Ba Modric Joaquin
Cisse
Subsitutes : Khune,King,Gough,Rolland,Savic,Namli,Crespo,Gomelt,Barriveira.
Match Report :
This match was very,very boring.Nothing happened in the first half and the only talking point in the second half was Gallas's goal from a Modric corner.We dominated possession getting 59% of it,but wasted our chances,only four of our fifteen shots on target.
I would like to write a longer match report,but there's nothing to write about.

Tottenham 5 - Olmpiakos 0
(Modric 17,Ba 31,Abu 43,John 49,Rudnevs 76)
Lineup :
Muslera
Assou-Ekotto Gallas Jagielka Torosidis
Abu Parker
Ba Modric Joaquin
Cisse

Subsitutes :
Khune,King,Gough(Abu 45),Rolland(Benoit-Ekotto 56)),Savic(Torosidis 45),Namli,Crespo,Gomelt(Ba 56),Barriveira,Rudnevs(Cisse 45),Coulibaly,John(Joaquin 45).
Match Report :
With Luka Modric as capatain,I was interested to see how he would do.We absolutely ran Olypiakos ragged and after captain Modric on 17 minutes scor
ed I knew we would win.They only managed 5 shots compared to our 12.New signings Ola John and Artjoms Rudnevs both scored,Rudnevs assisting John.Even without key players Bale,Walker and Sandro we still thrashed them,wich sows great strength in depth.

Last edited:
MEETING WITH DANIEL LEVY/PHONE CALL WITH TERRY MCDERMOTT
"Ah,Felipe,what a pleasant surprise."
"Hello,Daniel.I wanted to meet you today because there is a certain player I have my eye on..."
"Who is it?"
"Dejan Lovren of Olympique Lynonnais."
"Assuming you've called me here because of difficulties with the price,how much do they want?"
"£16.3 million."
"£16.3 million?That's rather a lot of money!"
"I know Daniel,but he's a player who can not only have an impact now,but also in the future.I really believe he's a must-have."
"OK,OK,I'll see what I can do."
"Thanks!"
"My pleasure."
"Bye!"
"Bye!"
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Hey Terry,great news!"
"Did Mr.Levy relent?"
"Yes he did!"
"Excellent.If he's half as good as Rudnevs,I'll love him!"
"I know,that goal and assist were amazing!"
"They were weren't they?"
"Well Terry,that's I called for.Bye!"
"Bye!"

Leyton Orient 1 - 4 Tottenham
Lineup :
Muslera
Alex Sandro Gallas Jagielka Torosidis
Ledesma Parker
Ba Modric Joaquin
Cisse
Subsitutes : Khune,King,Gough,Assou-Ekotto(Alex Sandro,45),John(Ba,74),Gomelt,Savic(Tororsidis,74),Namli(Modric,74),Crespo,Abu(Ledesma,45),Christophe-Bahebeck(Joaquin,74),Rudnevs.
Match Report : I was worried Parkin struck early for Prient,but there was no need.After the goal we restricted the to ONE more shot.I thought Joaquin's shot was going to hit the post,but it just sneaked in.On 42 minutes Alex Sandro played a beautiful ball for Cisse,but Jones saved.One minute later,however Cisse managed to put it home.Cisse completed his double 13 minutes later after Ba played him on.Chorley then put the ball in his own net for the final goal of the game after he tried to clear it.
Man Of the Match : Papiss Cisse

San Jose Earthquakes 0 - 2 Tottenham
(Cisse,27,79)
Lineup :
Muslera
Alex Sandro Gallas Jagielka Torosidis
Sandro Parker
Ba Modric Joaquin
Cisse
Subsitutes :Khune,Savic,Gomelt,Rudnevs,Gough,King,Assou-Ekotto,John,Namli,Abu,Bahebeck,Ledesma.
Match Report :

In the early stages of the match we had numerous chances,but failed to put them away.Then,in the 27th minute Cisse got One-On-One with the keeper and tucked it home.Both teams had some good chances after that,but the score remained 1-0 at half time.In the second half Sandro's shot just curled wide.Then,in the 79th minute Joaquin set Cisse up and I knew we had the win.

Tottenham 3 - Malaga 2
Lineup :
Muslera
Alex Sandro
Lovren Jagielka Torosidis
Sandro Parker
Ba Modric Bahebeck
Cisse
Subsitutes : Khune,King,Gough,Assou-Ekotto,John,Gomelt,Savic,Namli,Rudnevs,Crespo,Ballack and Ledesma.
NEW SIGNING ALERT!Dejan Lovren (£12 million,Olympique Lyonnais) and Michael Ballack (Free,Unattached)
Match Report: It was yet another win for Tottenham and even more goals for super-signing Papiss Cisse.In the first half it was fairly boring,Cisse's goal being the only real talking point.But in the second half the game was much more exciting,with Cisse scoring his second goal just two minutes into the second set of 45 minutes.Then,three minutes after,Cisse scored again and it loomed like it was all over for Malaga.But they fought back bravely and a goal in the 91st minute gave them hope.But it was not to be as Tottenham won the match with a one goal advantage.

Tottenham 1 - 1 Cardiff
Lineup :
Muslera
Lovren King Jagielka
Sandro Ballack Parker
John Modric Joaquin
Cisse
Subsitutes : Khune,Savic,Gough,Gallas,Ba,Bahebeck (Joaquin,46),Ledesma(Ballack,74),Torosidis,Abu,Rudnevs,Alex Sandro,Crespo.
Match Report : After a fairly boring
first 15 fifteen minutes,Cardiff struck through a Jon Parkin header.Luckily,5 minutes later Sandro struck from a well-taken Modric free kick.The next big incident was Modric's red card,just after half time,which - unfortunately - was deserved.After that I got a big scare when Gunnarsson shot just wide.Cardiff kept pressing and Earnshaw had a goal ruled out for offside.The only other chance after that was when Jagielka played a beautiful ball through to Bahebeck,who hd his shot saved by Marshall.All in all I'm pretty disappointed with this result,if we'd taken a few more of are chances,we would have won.

FIRST PREMIER LEAGUE GAME OF THE SEASON!
Tottenham 1 - 1 Liverpool
(Jagielka,88, Suarez,47)
Opponent Preview:
Star Player:
Luis Suarez
Star Signing: Toby Alderweireld,Ajax,£10.5million
Formation: 4-4-2
Tottenham Lineup :
Muslera
Bale Lovren Jagielka Walker
Parker Sandro
Ba Modric Joaquin
Cisse
Subsitutes : Khune,Savic (Walker,74),Gough,Ballack,John(Joaquin,59),Bahebeck,Torosidis.
Match Report:
It was a nervous game,neither side willing to take many chances.The first chance of the game came on the 23rd minute,Christian Benitez shooting just wide.From then on Liverpool dominated the game and should of gone ahead when Kuyt missed a sitter,shooting wide from an open goal.3 Minutes lateer however,Suarez headed it home from a Lucas corner.We didn't look like we would make a comeback,as we missed the many chances that were presented to us.Things were not improved when Walker got a second yellow for diving.But,in the 88th minute Phil Jagielka scored with a header from a Modric corner and we held out until the final whistle to get a draw.
Man of the Match : Phil Jagielka & Luka Modric

MEETING BETWEEN LUIZ FELIPE SCOLARI AND TERRY MCDERMOTT
"Hello Felipe!"
"Hello Terry! Long time no see!"
"I know!Well what's this meeting about?"
"Tactics for the next game against City."
"So,what were you thinking?"
"Well,in a word,defensive.City's attack is superior to our's but if we can hold are defense we maybeable to score a late goal.
"Yes,well if we sit back we obviously have a less of a chance of scoring maybe a Counter attacking tactic?"
"Yeah,that would be good.But if we play with a more rigid style,then we can defend better."
"I have to agree with you on that one."
"Alright then,what about a 5-4-1 with a defensive midfieder?"
"Make it a 5-4-1 with a attacking midfielder and you've got a deal."
"Okay,Okay.You drive a hard bargain Terry."
"Thanks.By the way,William Gallas has completed his move to Roma."
"Good.Bye!"
"Bye!"

MEETING WITH LUKA MODRIC
"Hello Luka ,you called?"
"Yes,yes I did."

"Why?"
"I wanted to discuss my currant contract situation."
"(Scolari)muttering under breath) not this again.What do you want?
"Have Real Madrid made an offer for me?"
"Yes,yes they have."
"Then why do I not have an improved contract offer on the table."
"Because we will not except offer under £50million, and we cannot afford to renew your contract."
"£50million?But-"
"That is non-negotibale.Goodbye."
(Scolari stalks out of the room.)
Next: Tottenham v Man.City

Back