teo.paranoid

Reaction score
This suppose to be a GAME to enjoy playing like FM12. As a game there is no way that the lower of the lowest teams be able to score goals from spectacular volleys that even Messi couldn't do, there's no way a defender avoids an opposing player and leave him peacefully to score, there is absolutely no way that your players cannot communicate and the keeper sends the ball directly to the opponent after a missunderstanding with the defender, there is no way that I payed to buy this game and it keeps laughing at my face. Even in reality these things occur 1 out of 50. They wanted to make it closer to reality. Well congrats they FAILED terribly. Shame on those who bought it (including me). This is not Football Manager. This is a laugh on us by SI.
Thanks and good luck on trying to outsmart the Pc.

Thanks and good luck on trying to outsmart the Pc.

Cheers. At the moment, I'm doing spectacularly well, what with being three seasons into a Napoli file and holders of both the CL and Serie A titles.

My PC must evidently be really dumb.

All of these doesn't seem out of reality to you. You believe that a random low team can do all these. If you then we have a different point of view about football.

All of these doesn't seem out of reality to you. You believe that a random low team can do all these. If you then we have a different point of view about football.

Not about view points, even the highest quality players do ridiculous mistakes, they're human. If Joe Hart came bursting out of his goal to clear the ball, came out of his box, headed it clear, only to allow Zlatan to score a 30 yard overhead kick into the goal - you'd probably be screaming ****** murder at SI for making such a stupid game.

Sometimes I think SI should just make the match engine viewable in 2D classic only. It'd save all the people blaming their incompetence on the game when in fact it's just the animation that's not up to scratch, anyway.

Again it was a mistake that doesn't happen in every game. And you said that the kick was made by ZLATAN not by Kakolyris or another low player. In FM in every game the lowest teams look like they have a Zlatan in their attack that can do an unbelievable volley from the far post and a Xavi that can make the actual cross. Well they don't have them but they still do it.

We're two, and I'm Benfica, even weaker.

**** you SI.

Cheers. At the moment, I'm doing spectacularly well, what with being three seasons into a Napoli file and holders of both the CL and Serie A titles.

I witnessed one of my 8-year-old players score a Zlatan / Mexes style bicycle kick yesterday.....even lower league players are capable of doing something brilliant just like brilliant players are capable of doing something terrible!

Again seanhrfc you are talking about a random event. I am simply telling that in every match a mistake will happen that it will lead to a goal. And that is confirmed not only by me but from many others. Many people posted on the SI forums telling them about the bugs of the ME. They could't be all wrong and just not good enough for this years' FM

Mate if you are so capable on managing in FM please share your knowledge with me. Im not trying to insult you. I really would like to hear your advice

Mate if you are so capable on managing in FM please share your knowledge with me. Im not trying to insult you. I really would like to hear your advice

I'm not that good at FM.

Just drop the confirmation bias and keep trying. Moreover, don't blame SI when there's even the slightest possibility to could be either your fault or the 3D animation not correctly displaying what's happening.

just done an unbeaten seaso with chelsea and won Champs league so its not that bad, change up your approach try a few tactics off the site, sign an assistant with good man management skills and listen to his advice on team talks

Do you propose me a good tactic because I 've tried too many tactics and I just cant find something consistent

Do you propose me a good tactic because I 've tried too many tactics and I just cant find something consistent

Try watching your players play and experimenting with tactics yourself. I do wonder how many of the "I can't win" posts on this site happen because every week they're dumping someone else's tactic onto their team which was designed for a completely different side. Then they lose the match so they dump someone else's unsuitable tactic on them so they can't even get familiar with it. You shouldn't expect a team to win matches just because you're using a setup which worked really well for another team, ask Andre Villas-Boas.

All though I do feel the OP does not communicate is problem very well I do feel his pain in some way. Also I love it when I see post and tactics where the poster has used Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester Utd. etc. Not being funny but it is much easier using a world class team. I only really play lower league teams. Anyway here is my story...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...an-about-rage-quit-football-manager-good.html

In my case I designed a formation that worked. Went on a 11 game winning streak. We were literally unbeatable. Then on the 12th game I could tell that the slump had began, we were a different team. We missed promotion although we ended our streak in second place. We lost in the both legs of the playoffs first round. Then next season I was sacked within 3 months. We could not win anything. I then went back 5 or 6 games before I was sacked and tried about 8 different formations. None of them changed anything.

To me that just does not make any sense. Good teams have slumps dont get me wrong, but they never fall that wide of the mark so dramatically. Like Arsenal. Since the last team we won the league people would consider we have had a rough time and have hit bad patch. Still finished top 4 every season since. Liverpool. Having a rough time. Will still finish top 8. Even if you look at the lower division teams, when southampton won league 1 the season before last, they started with a point deficit. They were unstoppable similar to my team in my game, it cooled down every now and then, but they still dominated the division and won the league. For a team to change overnight is a bit ridiculous and from my experience of the last two football managers in the lower leagues these slumps are basically unpreventable.

There may be a solution, I am not saying they are impossible to stop even though I cannot work out how, but they are definite unpreventable. People who talk about morale... Ok I get that you have to try and get morale back, but the slump hits me when morale is at its highest and the team is unstoppable... that doesn't make any sense.

I think if you manage a world class team you probably dont have these problems so much. But from my experience 100% there is an issue which just destroys teams completely. MY tactic won me 11 games in a row beating all teams from 1st place to 24th place. Then total failure resulting in me getting sacked.