[A little late] Arsenal vs West Ham

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 3K

Joss

Reaction score

Arsenal often bring out the best in West Ham so it would be wrong to regard this meeting of second against bottom as a foregone conclusion. That said, Arsenal have already scored 25 goals at the Emirates this season while West Ham's defence continues to look a thing of shreds and patches. West Ham will have taken some heart from their Carling Cup comeback against Stoke but Arsenal, facing a long trip to Donetsk in the Champions League, will want to get the game wrapped up quickly so they can rest their legs. David Lacey

Venue Emirates Stadium, Saturday 3pm

Tickets Sold out

Last season Arsenal 2 West Ham 0

Referee Mike Jones

This season's matches 6 Y17, R1, 3.00 cards per game

Odds Arsenal 1-5 West Ham 18-1 Draw 13-2

Likely line ups:

Arsenal-v-West-Ham-001.jpg

Match pointers

• Arsenal are looking for their 50th home win in a Premier League London derby

• Carlton Cole has scored more Premier League goals (38) than any other player without ever recording more than one in a single match

• Arsenal have won more penalties (four) and seen more opponents sent off (four) than any other side in the division this season

• West Ham have scored one goal in each of their last six league fixtures

• There has been a red card in three of the last four league fixtures between these sides​

My Thoughts
WH aren't playing well this season, they'll be boosted by their midweek comeback against Stoke, but I still can't see them coming away with anything at the Emirates, they'll be very happy for a point I imagine, if we get our passing game really going, and score early on, then I think it can be a real rout.

Prediction: Arsenal 3-0 WHU

Thanks to Calum:

Theo Walcott starts on the bench for Saturday’s Premier League visit of West Ham.

Despite their goals against Newcastle in midweek he and Nicklas Bendtner are among the substitutes for the game at Emirates Stadium.

Jack Wilshere completes his three-match ban so Denilson continues in midfield.

Laurent Koscielny and Sebastien Squillaci start together for the first time since the game against Chelsea on October 3 and Lukasz Fabianski starts in goal.

Cesc Fabregas captains the side.

Team in full: Fabianski, Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy, Song, Fabregas, Denilson, Arshavin, Nasri, Chamakh

Subs: Rosicky, Vela, Walcott, Djourou, Eboue, Bendtner, Szczesny

Last edited:
I went for 5-0 to Arsenal in the predictions, and I stick with that.

The Line-up looks really strong, and I think we will will today.

Would be suprised if they went for 2 up front though.

I reckon chesney will start.

He won't. He played well against Newcastle, but it's dangerous to keep swapping keepers, he'll play in CC, and perhaps FA Cup, and is 2nd/3rd choice - but Wenger trusts Fabianski, and he'll start in goal again. Sczezney is to inexperienced.

Sorry but with Da Costa playing, not a lot of hope.

3-0 gunners

Cant see Wet Spam beating the Goons. For me its the worst fixture in the calendar as cant stand either team.

Optimism is high! We could sneak a win, do a West Brom - IF were up to the fight.. just need to stay tight for the first 20 or so minutes then anything can happen.

Dunno what this Bradford fans piping up about, Da costa is quality on his day, just had a few stinkers of late.. he'll put it right today.

Come on you irons!

His names Szczesny, not Chesney.. :S

I noticed that Arsenal play the same tactic as Reading.. ;)

Arsenal 4-0 West Ham

His names Szczesny, not Chesney.. :S

They know, it's just too much of a hassle to type. It's a useful nickname.

Um... 5-1 Arsenal. Nasri x2, Arshavin, Chamakh, Denilson. Dyer.

Optimism is high! We could sneak a win, do a West Brom - IF were up to the fight.. just need to stay tight for the first 20 or so minutes then anything can happen.

Dunno what this Bradford fans piping up about, Da costa is quality on his day, just had a few stinkers of late.. he'll put it right today.

Come on you irons!

yeah, fine,i don't see him that often, but when i did...well..

I said 2-1 Arsenal, can't see anything more than that. Dyer to scored first, with Koscielny and Bendtner to score late on from headers

Back