[A little late] Arsenal vs West Ham

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 3K
West Ham always turn up against bigger teams - the reason we are always in a relegation dogfight every other season is because we lose to teams around us. I was surprised and not entirely happy with the result against Stoke, because I feel we would have benefited more without an extra cup run.

from bbc

Another thing to keep an eye on today, by the way - the man stood between the sticks for Arsenal. Lukas Fabianski looks likely to start, but could it have been... dare I say... Pepe Reina? He names no names, but few prizes for guessing who Arsenal goalkeeping legend Bob Wilson might have been on about on BBC Five Live this morning is there? "I was pushing a certain individual and Arsene (Wenger) went in over the summer and offered amazing money for who I consider to be to most consistent goalkeeper in the Premier League. It was absolutely not [Mark] Schwarzer. The person involved is at a club that under normal circumstances would be challenging Arsenal. One of the clubs with a great history and tradition."

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

: ARSENAL v WEST HAM
David Ornstein reports: "Bottom of the league with just one win all season, West Ham could be forgiven for approaching their trip to the Emirates with a sense of foreboding. They haven't beaten Arsenal in six meetings - failing to score in five of those - and a heavy defeat today would certainly further crank up the heat on manager Avram Grant. The title-chasing Gunners are back on song with 12 goals in three games - but they've been undone by West Ham before and would be foolish to think this will be easy."

Interesting report in the second bit. Sums up my feelings pretty well :)

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy, Song, Fabregas, Denilson, Arshavin, Nasri, Chamakh

Subs: Szczesny, Rosicky, Vela, Walcott, Djourou, Eboue, Bendtner

West Ham: Green, Jacobsen, da Costa, Gabbidon, Ilunga, Parker, Behrami, Noble, Boa Morte, Obinna, Piquionne

OP updated..

Last edited:
If anyone has a stream, a link would be appreciated :)

Commentators making up a goal that never happened:

"Excellent finish by Song against Newcastle in midweek" XD

What a save from Green, lovely Arsenal move, thought it was a definite goal.

That did happen ! :S

what game were you watching it was

krul og
walcott x2
bendtner

:S

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

also what a dave by green from cesc

Thanks to Calum's **** stream I missed it..

Who? What? Where? Why? When?

lol save :$

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

passed by sagna to fabregas on the edge of the box and Green fantasticly dives to his left and saves it :'(

Song released Fabregas through to goal with a good throughball, Fabregas sent it towards goal but Green make an incredible "dave" and stopped it.

lol save :$

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

passed by sagna to fabregas on the edge of the box and Green fantasticly dives to his left and saves it :'(

Actually it was Green's right, but I suppose I'm just being picky.

Oooh, brown pants moment for Arsenal fans with Fabregas.

Green again denies Arsenal with another good save from Song

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

green is on fire he saves a squilacci header

Back