Sorry for the flurry of updates, end of the season is official! I will be waiting a day for any feedbacks or suggestions for change or modification or improvement in the layout or the detail before I start the next season! Maybe my final at Oxford?

I think your layout and writing style is simply cool, I do like it.

Sorry, been a bit of crazy weekend, A mega update either today or tomorrow!

Update coming up :D !

Sorry for all the delays, anyway the time off gave me some time and I have decided that while I will continue with the Monthly Updates for Oxford, I will be posting a single yearly review for Uruguay because sometimes it becomes too much of a hassle to write about them, I will of course be posting match by match update for any tournament or something but I will cover the Qualifiers in a yearly update so that I can concentrate more on Oxford! Thank You!

Cant wait for the oxford update mate. Keep up the good word and quality updates.

SEASON PREVIEW:

PREMIER LEAGUE:

View attachment 168191
If we follow the tradition and timeline, the aim would be to challenge for the title as we finished a respectable 3rd​ last time and not too far from the 2nd​ or 1st​ position but I don’t want to add too much pressure on the squad as we will also be facing our first season in the Champions League where I want to and hope to challenge beyond December as well. My aim is to consolidate our position in the Top 4, not worrying about the title challenge at all. I want to start promoting the youngsters that I have scoured from all over the world and my aim is to have at least 1 player under the age of 18 in every squad so I can give them some minutes in the end if we are winning so as to start giving them Premier League experience.
My other motive with promoting youth instead of loaning them out is to have them Classified as Home Grown and help us with Squad Registration rules where we are struggling due to our rapid rise. We are forced to keep various players due to the fact of them being Home Grown, with internal promotion, those players can be sold and I can start building my Squad to regularly challenge in Europe.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

I am torn between going for the Knockout rounds and settling for the 3rd​ spot and Europa! The Board doesn’t expect anything from us and they are just hoping we avoid Embarrassment but so did they expect last year and look where we ended up? I am going to take a risk and aim to finish for the Knockouts! I have faith in my squads’ ability to gain at least 10 points which generally helps you qualify and grab the second position! First position I believe is still far from us although my aims can change depending on the draw!

F.A. CUP:

I want to and need to win this elusive cup. The F.A. Cup has always held a special place in my heart due to it being famous for its magic and the fact that the money from the Cup also helped us survive when we were in the lower leagues! While losing against Chelsea was hurtful but acceptable, going out to Forest last year was not! Although they went on to win the Cup, which is not an excuse for us to hide behind! I will be looking to divert my full resources to winning the Cup. We have won a trophy each year I have been in charge and this time I want the F.A. Cup.

CAPITAL ONE CUP:

I hold a lot of love for the Capital One Cup as it was my first trophy in the top flight but from this season it will be used mainly to blood youngsters. That said, I won’t be putting up a totally young side and it will be a mixture of first team players and youth players. I want to see them win the trophy. I won’t be putting out weak sides as I want to introduce a culture of winning to the team.

EUROPEAN SUPER CUP:

I will be going into the match with the full intention to win. A one-off match is a very good chance to win a trophy; you just have to ensure the opposition has a bad day. Real Madrid will be a formidable opponent but we have to get used to playing such opponents and I can think of no better way to warn European bigwigs than winning the Super Cup by defeating Real Madrid!

TACTICS:

The 4-4-2 by Zyndar has served me well and I will be continuing with it as my main tactic although I will be making minor changes from match to match depending on the oppositions strengths and weakness. What I have found is that the 4-4-2 is the most balanced among all tactics particularly with the set of instructions that I am using. I have enough protection, enough ball winners and enough strikers to score in against stronger opponents. Also the fact that very few teams still play with 4-4-2 so most opponents are not used to the tactical system and how to counter it. This works to our advantage and I will be taking advantage of it.
That said, I have decided that mid week friendlies will be arranged for our free weeks and I will be aiming to use it for tactical experiments of my own. While I am very happy with my current tactic, I am still determined to develop my own tactic which hopefully can work as well as the one I am currently using.

TRANSFERS:

View attachment 168184
I am not looking for an overhaul but changes will be made. The result of large contarcts for my key players along with a HUGE SIGNING has resulted into us failing the FFP – Premier League in relation to wages and several players on large contracts will have to leave to balance the books. I am not happy about it but it has taught me to plan my contract renewals in advance rather than waiting for the players or last year to creep up which results in sudden increase in the Wage bill.
Several players have left and a few retired and I will be looking to replace them in the current window! My main targets are as follows:

1 back up Goalkeepers
1 Striker
2 Wingers
1 Central Midfielder!

I am hoping to sign HG players in order to fulfill PL rules and not have a small squad! This is my pain problem going into the season and I hope that the Transfer Window will help us rectify the same!

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 168190
View attachment 168189
View attachment 168187
View attachment 168186
Four stalwarts hang up their boots! We are shorn of serious experience going into the new season!

Look like reasonable targets for the season mate,
Gettin 10points from group stage will depend on how tough your group is, but fingers crossed it aint to hard.
Are any of the 4 retired players staying on as coaches?
Looking forward to transfer update,

Look like reasonable targets for the season mate,
Gettin 10points from group stage will depend on how tough your group is, but fingers crossed it aint to hard.
Are any of the 4 retired players staying on as coaches?
Looking forward to transfer update,

Mandana and Schweinsteiger stayed on as U-18 coaches :)

I am just typing the Transfer update, will have it up soon!

TRANSFER UPDATE:

View attachment 168133
For the first time in a long while we had more first team players leaving than we had arriving! The contract demands of various players plus additional signings had us failing the Premier League Salary FFP and I had to show the door to several of our Squad players, none of them were First Team players but important Rotation options and the youngsters will have to step up in the time of our need!
We brought in a humungous 25 players although only 4 of them were first team players while the rest were brought in to strengthen our youth teams! The transfer window was riddled with mistake on my side as sometimes I moved in too late and sometimes too early for a player which somehow had us failing. I missed out on more transfers for the First team than I hit. It wasn’t a bad Transfer window by any means as we have 25 players capable of replacing each other but I could have had an even stronger squad then I already have.

MAJOR MISTAKES:

K. Ilheanacho:

The ex-City starlet was signed from Getafe to replace Gill but I failed to notice that he was denied a work permit! The fees weren’t high but I had to hurriedly loan him out and spend my time searching for another player. I could have and should have paid more attention to my mails!

C.R. Sivodedov:

I had agreed to bring him in last year but due to having plenty midfield options, I deferred the signing a year and did not get the player who was last year! He is just not good enough for my midfield and I would rather play a youth player than him. Will look to off load him in January!

Ryan Lesdon:

He was supposed to be the perfect signing for me this season! A HG midfielder when we were in dire need of one! He was also available for a measly 2.5 Million and I did manage to snag him. What mistake then? I mistakenly agreed the transfer to be at the end of the season and I will have to see him rot a year in Everton Reserves. I don’t think I will get a player I agreed to sign!

KEY SIGNINGS:

Marco Guiterrez:

I signed him up once I messed up the Lesdon Deal! The Mexican is a very good ball winning midfielder and should slot right in! His age is also a good factor and sits in well with my young squad! All but 21 years of age, the Mexican will form an important partnership with my new midfield sensation!

Kostas Mantikis:

This guy is signed on loan from Barcelona but I will be doing everything to make it permanent! He can play anywhere on the left and is already used to the PL courtesy his loan to QPR last year. Another player who is 21 and can do the job for years, I want him to become a permanent fixture!

DELE ALLI:

MY PRIZED SIGNING! SPURS DIDN’T QUALIFY FOR EUROPE AND HE REQUESTED A TRANSFER! I was confused between him and Fossum but eventually went for him as he is Home Grown! He set me back a cool 30 Million although 15 Million will be paid when he finishes 50 league games! He is our highest paid and most expensive player but I am sure he will be worth it!! ALLLIIIIII!

SQUAD OVERVIEW:

GOALKEEPERS:

Lukas Kucera:

The young Goalkeeper from Czech Republic is now into his 3rd​ year at the club and has been assertive in our rise to the top. He might never be like Cech but he might just turn out as good as Begovic! A quality Premier League keeper, his presence ensures that I don’t have to worry about keepers for 4-5 years! He will be classified as HG at Club next year which is HUGE for us!

Grant Marshall:

I wanted to sign a back up goalkeeper but everyone wanted more than my first choice! So I promoted youth team keeper Marshall! The Scottish signed from Hibernian last year is far from Premier League quality but I am hoping the odd games will accelerate his growth! He is 18 and has chance to become a solid keeper!

Position Rating: 3/5
Position Depth: 2/5

FULL-BACKS:

Callum Chambers:

One of our best players last season, the ex-Saints man is a fantastic presence at the right! Solid defensively and improving in attack. He is our best defender and I am hoping a lot from him in the CL!

Kaan Ahyan:

The utility man will give cover at the right this season until the youngsters are back from loan at least! With former second choice Bishop and Baak both departing, Ahyan is more important than ever to fit in at various positions!

Jay Dasilva:

The English defender has stagnated a bit but is still a pretty good Premier League player. He is brilliant in attack but can do better defensively! I can’t see him leaving the sole reason being that he is HG and I am in dearth of them. He will be my First choice unless he well ***** up!

Jakub Havel:

He is a fantastic player but I am not sure I will be able to hang onto him! He is second choice at left back and left midfield which he isn’t happy with! I am aiming to give him a few games in the big games to see if he can make either position his own.

(Youth Players: Emil Ronneklev, Karl Beglund)

Position Rating: 4/5
Position Depth: 3/5

CENTRE-BACKS:

Paddy McNair:

The ex-United Centre Back is our best and most experienced defender. He is easily the leader of our defense and I am looking for some more consistency and guidance from him in the CL which though not for long he has played! His International experience will also be very useful!

Jabulani Mahlangu:

The South African is and should be a brilliant Centre back but he lacks the consistency and considers himself Beckenbaeur! Prone to some very silly mistakes, he will have to get his act together as teams around will hit us more than anything this time around!

Jaroslav Prokorec:

My 3rd​ Czech Republic star and he is the youngest but still my 2nd​ Choice defender ahead of Mahlangu. This guy has got composure way beyond his years but lacks the concentration for 90 minutes! I am hoping it will improve with time and experience as our thin squad doesn’t give me much room to experiment!

(Youth Players: Anis Trablesi, Steve Wilson)

Position Rating: 3/5
Position Depth: 2/5

WINGERS:

Chris Midtun:

Our former record deal had a good start in the PL last season and though he didn’t participate in our Euro Cup campaign, he played a huge part in our run to 3rd​. A brilliant winger who can just get better, his pace and crossing will be ever important to unlock defenses in the Champions League!

Rodrigo Bentacur:

Two years after signing for us, he will finally get to play for us! He has been steadily becoming first choice for me in Uruguay and I hope he can do the same here. His ability to play in Central midfield and Wings will bring much needed backup in multiple positions.

Lee Porter:

Our one and only HG player, He will be given the odd game, the last 15 minutes as I want him desperately to break into the first team. He is miles from there but I am dreaming!

Fabian Polman:

THIS MAN CAN RUN! AND FAST AT THAT! He can easily beat every defender on pace alone and I am mostly planning to use him as my impact man in the last 15-20 minutes! A good work ethic, crossing and pace like that will be a brilliant addition as he stays with us for the season from Atletico.

Kostas Mantakis:

One of our key players and my replacement to Bermudez, the Barcelona winger will be first choice on the left wing. His comfort in performing defensive duties and his habit of cutting in and scoring would be helpful and combines well with Dasilva who loves to bomb forward! I will be looking to make this permanent in January.

(Youth Players: None)

Position Rating: 4.5/5

CENTRE MIDFIELDERS:

Dele Alli:

OUR RECORD SIGNING and best player! Alli and Mukhtar mean we can rip defenses to shreds. They both can dribble and score, long rangers, coming in late into box and those crunching tackles. He has the stamina of a bull and fulfills my Home Grown Quota! He is an angel sent to help us out: P

Hany Mukhtar:

Player of the Season last year, he faces serious competition from Alli for his attacking role and will have to well to win it. I want to play Alli as the slightly defensive mid while Mukhtar attacks. I want the duo to emulate something like Keane and Scholes did in 1999 although neither of them is as great. I will be looking to tweak the tactic to fit them both in.

C.R. Sivodedov:

The Swedish was signed on potential last season but the packing was beautiful but the midfielder not so much. A decent backup for now, he will be shipped off hopefully in January.

Marco Guiterrez:

The enforcer or destroyer in our team, this guy will be our ball winner and my only thorn for the Alli-Mukhtar partnership. The Mexican International will be a Key figure in that Key away fixture where we lose the ball and need someone to win it. He has more positional sense than tackling skills; his intelligence is his greatest skill. A Carrick-eque player, I hope he can be the calming influence he is.

(Youth Players: M.Cerny, T.Lindh, A.Bajric, I.Basa)

Position Depth: 3.5/5

STRIKERS:

Prince Vezi:

Miles ahead of all our other strikers, he stormed the league and Europe last season! Many big clubs have their eyes on him but I don’t have any intention to sell. I will be looking at him to supply the goals for us this season as our Strike team sees another makeover.

Sandro:

The Barcelona starlet got the goals when we needed and did his job. I was considering selling him before he suddenly turned up the heat in the last weeks of the season as we secured the 3rd​ spot. A rounded striker, he performs what he is asked to do and is a perfect team player.

Helmy Shehata:

Recently turned 19, He already has 11 caps for Egypt. Promoted from the Youth team, he is yet to find his scoring boots consistently but like Porter will be given a run in the team to aid his development. Needs a lot of work to fit into my tactic but he has years ahead of him.

Evgeny Dmitriev:

The Striker harried us a lot last season and I was surprised to see him on the loan list and snapped him pimmediately. A player in the ilk of Vezi, he can run and he can score, spot a pass and can score the odd freak goal. I like his name too, makes him sound like a Russian Assassin. I hope he can be an assassin in front of the goal!

(Youth Players: J.Martin, G.Diakhite, M.Tereuel)

KEY PLAYERS:

Lukas Kucera:

View attachment 167802
Callum Chambers:

View attachment 167801
Dele Alli:

View attachment 167800
Rodrigo Bentacur:

View attachment 167799
Prince Vezi:

View attachment 167798

PRE-SEASON REVIEW:

View attachment 167228
I had already planned a very long pre-season owing to the fact that we need more preparations for the Champions League as well as with many players coming and many going, I wanted the new players to spend considerable time together. We started our pre-season barely a month after our Euro Cup Final and while some of the players were not happy, I thought it was very necessary and will play a decisive role as the season progresses.

The pre-season contained many firsts this time as we toured a Foreign Country for the first time as well as this was the first instance of an unbeaten pre-season for us. I am absolutely delighted with the pre-season, we played some of the big boys and the bigwigs of the football world and while it was only a friendly we still came away with a win. It will surely boost the confidence of the boys next time we meet them in a competitive setting.

The highlight of the pre-season was defeating Barcelona at Camp Nou and Real Madrid at the Stadium Mk which is our Home Ground for the season. I don’t know about Barcelona but we are going to face Madrid in 2 weeks and this will be a booster when we go out there to face them.

We were also invited for our first tour to a foreign country as the stature of our club grows. The visit to China will help boost our commercial activity and the players absolutely loved it. They were very happy posing for selfies as well as signing whatever the fans asked them to. As I watched from a distant, I could see Oxford becoming a global phenomena in front of my eyes and it felt good that I played a part in that.

AUGUST REVIEW:

07/08/2021

View attachment 165860
We started the Season with a match at home against the Defending Champions and give away a point in the end. A very tense and cagey match, Vezi gave us the lead with some brilliant skill and it remained so until the 87th​ minute. Our defense was holding well before a silly mistake sent Substitute Adelaide clean through and he scored to deny us of all 3 points. A point against the defending champions is not bad but we could have and should have secured 3.

10/08/2021

*Detailed update in the next post*

14/08/2021

View attachment 165859
The fixture gods gave us some hard early fixtures but we dominated LIVERPOOL HERE! I changed the personnel a bit here as Mukhtar was dropped and Alli given the attacking role and he rocked it. 2 goals and an assist, the first goal being a screamer from the edge of the area as he justified my faith and money spent on him. He scored the winner eventually in the 62nd​ minute after which he harried the Liverpool players till the end. A brilliant performance to give us important 3 points!

21/08/2021

View attachment 165858
The score line hardly describes our dominance and a last minute goal from Clarke made the scorea respectable but we were absolutely breath taking. Beautiful one touch football and my record signing Alli orchestrating it all. Such a joy to watch I tell you. We could have scored 7-8 goals easily, that was how good we were. Another 3 points against a very good team as we continue our unbeaten start to the season!

28/08/2021

View attachment 165856
Our strike duo pick up the load as Alli is rested. Pavoni is frustrating at times but he plays the role of a False 9 to perfection. He will drop deep, win the ball, dribble and bamboozle the defenders and then simply lay it on for others to score. This time he was a bit selfish as he scored 2 himself while laid one for Vezi. Watford tried hard but couldn’t beat Kucera and our defense. We end the month unbeaten and now have scored 11 goals in 3 matches! Talk about explosive starts.

MONTH OVERVIEW:

View attachment 165855
A very bright start to our season in the Premier League. There is no doubt that this season will be hard. Teams are now out trying to beat us and Champions League will also add to the burden although it should be less hectic than Euro Cup. It was a tough month and we did well to come out of that unbeaten. I hope this confidence can be shifted to Champions League as well!

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 165854
2nd​ in the table behind Arsenal only on Goal Difference constitutes to a brilliant start. Everyone has contributed to our goal Tally with Vezi having only 2 of our 12 goals. It will be very necessary that we don’t rely on just one player and my team has shown that time and time again. Liverpool in the relegation zone is the most shocking at this moment!

OTHER NEWS:

View attachment 165853
Well..erm okay. This is a treble of kinds! A very weird one though!

View attachment 165852
2nd​ in the Manager of the month! I am always surprised by them as I have never won or come in the Top 3 often after being in the Premier League.

10/08/2021

The stage was set as the Euro Cup winners take on the Champions Cup winners and yet again it will be a David vs. Goliath match as Oxford United face the mighty Real Madrid. Oxford United have risen from the depths of League 2 to the top places in the Premier League and now are disturbing the set Hierarchy at the top while Real Madrid are still following their Galacticos Model. Oxford United and Real Madrid just played a week before at Oxfords’ temporary home at MK Stadium which Oxford United managed to win but the actual match will be much harder than the dress Rehearsal.

Real Madrid come into the season having lost the title to rivals Barcelona by a single point and are still relying on Cristiano Ronaldo for firepower who despite his age is still going very strong. They have a solid and pacy line up with ex-Manchester United player Anthony Martial leading the line and German wonder kid Iser on the right. The Oxford fullbacks are going to have their plate full and the English Duo of Dasilva and Chambers will have to be at their extreme best to win the battle against one of the best players the world has ever produced and some quality players looking to emulate the Portuguese.

Oxford are also on a high, having won the Euro Cup and qualified for the Champions League via their 3rd​ position in the Premier League. The Club led by Manchester United fan boy Savan Shah has moved from block to block year after year as just 5 years since he took over, the club has reached the Champions League and won a trophy in every season. Shah will be looking to continue the streak early this season by beating Madrid to the coveted Euro Super Cup. Italy and Palermo are buzzing as Super Giants Real Madrid go up against the much vaunted Shah and his team. It will be a cracker of a match and here is what they will be playing for:

View attachment 1038543
TEAM NEWS:

View attachment 163600
Real Madrid go with their strongest line up with only the aging Keylor Navas a weak point in their lineup. Real Madrid never managed to move on from the Fax scenario which scuppered their move for David De Gea and still have Navas to defend their posts. He is not a bad keeper but in a team full of superstars, he fails to stand out. Another player to look out for will be Moha who was given a torrid time by Oxford United in the Euro Cup final when he played for Benfica. The young left back gave away an early penalty and was taking to rockers by Samir Nasri who has since left Oxford. Will the previous match have an effect on the young left back?

Oxford, like Madrid has gone for their strongest line up barring McNair who is suspended. Shah has fielded Mukhtar and Alli together so far but that makes the side a bit unbalanced with both players looking to attack although Alli has played in the Number 6 role often. On the wings, Barca player Mantakis will be looking to prove his worth against Arch Rivals Madrid while Midtun finally makes his European debut but is is up top which will have Madrid worried. Vezi has been phenomenal for Oxford and Bayern, Barca and Man City chase him as he has torn the defenses apart so far along with his partner in crime in the form of Pavoni. They can cause havoc to any defense with their pace, trickery and telepathic communication and the Madrid defense will have to be at their very best to even contain them. A feisty attacking battle is expected today.

THE MATCH:

1’ – Real Madrid start the match attacking immediately as the crowd in Italy cheer them, they are moving the back beautifully from one side to the other before Martial is adjudged to be offside.

5’ – First meaningful attack by Oxford whose players are showing some phenomenal close control. Pavoni passes the ball to Vezi while surrounded by 3 players but Vezi can’t finish. A miss by the Africans enormous quality!

11’ – Kroos tries a long range effort but blasts it over after some good work by the Madrid full backs. Oxford feeling the heat.

12’ – CROSSBAR! James Rodrriguez can only hit the crossbar after being played in by a Lovely Martial ball. That should have been a goal for Madrid and James must be wondering how the **** he didn’t score. The high back line is not working so far for Oxford.

14’ – Midtun with the corner. He crosses it in near the edge of the box confusing the Madrid players, Mahlangu runs towards the ball and smashes in the VOLLEY!! 1 -0 to OXFORDDDDD! This seems to be a practiced routine as Midtun and Mahlangu go and hug their Manager as Madrid look stunned!

27’ – It has settled down a bit after the Oxford goal as Real Madrid search for an opening but are stopped by some brave defending by the young Oxford team.

32’ – Vezi is toying with the Madrid defense as he plays with the ball after Madrid fail to clear a corner and is shoved by Ronaldo! PENALTY TO OXFORD! Ridiculous by Cristiano as Mukhtar steps up and fires it STRAIGHT TO THE KEEPER! Horrible by the captain who looks broken. 1 – 0 Oxford as Madrid survive.

32-36’ – Oxford pressurize Madrid by ball after ball in the box but Madrid are resolute. Their confidence is growing while Oxford seem to be losing their intensity. Mukhtar has misplaced all of his passes after the penalty miss.

39’ – Madrid on the counter as Martial shows his close control and speed by beating 4 Oxford players, he crosses it from the edge of the area, Mukhtar tries to clear but DEFLECTS IT STRAIGHT TO A GOAL BOUND RONALDO! HE DOESN’T MISS THIS! Madrid EQUALISES AND MUKHTAR’S HORRIBLE NIGHT CONTINUES!

45’ – HALF TIME! Two mistakes by Mukhtar allow Madrid a way back into the match and the teams go in the Half Time on level terms. Both teams are looking dangerous and it is anyone’s match for now.

45’- Mukhtar is replaced by Marco Guiterrez as Alli moves to a more attacking role.

47’ – Slow start to the half as Tielemans tries an ambitious effort and misses by quite a distance.

54’ – Marital felled in the BOX! Play on waves the Refree and it is indeed a brilliant tackle. It looks a penalty on first glance but quite brilliant tackling by the young Prokopec.

58’ – GOAAAAALLLL! 2-1 to OXFORD! Pavoni has been threatening for a while and he finally fires in from a very close angle! It should have been saved but OXFORD doesn’t care. They take the lead again!

64’ – Martial goes close for Madrid after a brilliant ball by Kroos but he heads it wide from close range. Madrid has been guilty of missing their chances here and are staring at a defeat.

66’ – GOAAALLLLLLLLLL! 3-1 NOW! WHAT A GOAL BY MIDTUN! Oxford attack down the middle which is being cramped by Madrid, Alli plays an exquisite ball to Midtun on the edge of the box, he takes a touch, tosses it in the air and hits it past NAVAS on the VOLLEY! ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!

75’ – A brilliant ball by Asensio and somehow Brandt hits is straight at the keeper! Another missed chance by Madrid when they should have halved the deficit.

84’ – Madrid on the counter! Brandt goes on a sprint on the right and beats 2 Oxford players and crosses in it for Martial! AND WHAT A SAVE BY KUCERA! The balls breaks loose though and RONALDO SCORESSSS! Kucera looks sad ad he should be, a brilliant save but nothing he could do about the follow up goal by Ronaldo! GAME ON! Oxford 3 -2 Madrid!

88’ – Madrid have twice gone close since that goal by Ronaldo but now it is Oxford on the break. Alli has been brilliant in the middle as he holds off the ball, wait! He turns around suddenly and splits the defense for PAVONI AND HE SCORES! 4-2 and MATCH OVER! ALLI is staking claims for that attacking position! What a ball!

90’ – Real Madrid head another ball wide from close range and it is FULL TIME! OXFORD WIN THE SUPER CUP and continue their tradition of a trophy every season! The players are celebrating on the pitch as their Manager Shah talks with his hero Ronaldo! Stunning scenes in Palermo as Oxford display their talent and progress yet again!

REVIEW:

When we beat Madrid in our final friendly, I gained a little hope that maybe just maybe we could pull it off against them and we did it in some style! It was a very close contest and a header an inch or two here or there would have us staring at defeat or facing penalty shoot out. The defenders were amazing! The average age of our back 5 was 22 only and it was only their 2nd​ major cup final and I am proud of them the way they performed. Alli has really settled in well while Midtun was fantastic as well. This is what we are looking for, all round contribution. Vezi didn’t score but he was phenomenal in the build up which allowed Pavoni to score twice! A proper team effort!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW:

View attachment 163599
1 Paris Saint Germain
2 Zenit St. Petersburg
3 Oxford United
4. FC Redbull Salzburg

Review:

View attachment 163598View attachment 163597View attachment 163596View attachment 163595

I don’t think it is a very hard group to be honest, the win against Real Madrid has given us confidence that we can win against the big teams and certainly at home and that is what we will be planning to do against PSG.

Zenit are still an European Elite but it is an old squad with their best player being D. Criscito who Midtun can run circles around. They have got plenty of experience and European pedigree to rely upon buy it is an aging squad and I expect us to win easily against them both home and away!

They like Zenit have been playing in Europe for a while but don’t have much luck in qualifying for the knockout round. They won’t be easy, especially away but I think we can gather 6 points from them after all we are Euro Cup champions and did beat many large clubs to attain that trophy. 6 points are must against them to seal our qualification.

Overall I am quite happy with the draw and I am targeting 12-14 points from the group as I consider that we might not be able to win away against Zenit and PSG but 3 home wins plus an away win over Salzburg should see us through.

I am sorry for the lack of updates, I had been hospitalized and unfortunately it took me some time to recover, I am hoping to get it up and running if readers are still interested :)

I am sorry for the lack of updates, I had been hospitalized and unfortunately it took me some time to recover, I am hoping to get it up and running if readers are still interested :)

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you're okay!