savan21

Reaction score
01/07/2015

19th May 2013
View attachment 189604

Old Trafford was rocking from top to bottom as Manchester United welcomed West Brom with Sir Alex taking the charge for the final time. I stood outside the stadium trying to sell my merchandise as I looked in envy at the fans going inside the stadium. Once upon a time, I also used to join them albeit before tragedy struck and I began selling scarves outside Old Trafford. I heard the cheers at each goal, I was giddy from inside as Manchester United rose to applause the Manager who made them who they were and I absolutely hated Lukaku for ruining the night for us United fans, not that we cared much about the result, but it would have been better to have won. I still remember his speech, by heart, the way he asked and requested us to stand by our new Manager which we did for a while then we didn't and then we did again. We are a fickle lot yeah? And we are used to success and trophies and playing like the other team wasn't there so it was a hard fall and hard to digest for us fans but we are a good lot. We will stand by our Club and continue to do so.

So Now why am I telling you this? Well I am not telling you anything, you are the ones reading my Diary. My name is Savan Shah and I am a boy with just a simple dream, I want to manage Manchester United someday. You must be laughing right? A scarf seller outside Old Trafford a manager? Well, I wasn't always a Scarf Seller. So sit back and listen to me as I tell you my story. My name is Savan Shah, and I will one day become the greatest manager in the world (I hope so). Well, I have to go now. There are this new Mourinho scarves in Manchester United colors that are selling like pies and I got to have a piece of them.

Ciao.

I was born on a rainy evening on the 21st of November, 1993 in Manchester. Well, not the Manchester in the United Kingdom, I was born in the one situated in India. Manchester in India? You must be thinking I am high, I am not! There is a Manchester in India and it's called Ahmedabad.

View attachment 189600

Well it used to be Manchester of India before all the textile mills closed down. So textile was the connection and not the ****** rains. Anyways, my father was a very successful and rich Investment Banker and my mother was a successful and brilliant lawyer, well, before she gave it up so she could take care of me and be with me. Mothers, they are a crazy lot. She told me that I will understand when I am a parent myself but well that's a long time so never-mind.

Yes as I was saying my father was a very successful Investment Banker back in India before Investment banking was a thing and then in 1999, he got a huge offer from a company in Manchester so then we moved to the real Manchester. You're with me right? At the age of 6, I moved from the Manchester of India to the Real Manchester in the UK. And it was basically the same, except it was always raining in the real Manchester. LIKE ALWAYS. Back in India, we had something called seasons. 4 months each - Winter, Summer, Monsoon. In Manchester there are no ****** seasons. IT ALWAYS RAINS.

This is not even the worst part, my Name Savan means RAINS. So annoying right.

So born in 1993- moved to Manchester in 1999.

You seem to be getting on with what I am saying. We moved to Manchester and they won the treble that's how lucky I am for Manchester United. I am destined to be their manager, it's written in the stars I tell you.

Things were all rosy and dandy except the rains. I went to private schools, got familiar with Football. In India I was crazy about the other game England were good at, Cricket you know? My father shared my enthusiasm of Football and tried to enroll me in various academies, the thing was I just wasn't good at it. I was a geek. I was very tall and strong but technically I was zero, nada , a total douche. I played Sunday League Football for a while where the coaches loved me. I am 6'10 so I could slot anywhere and win the ball for them, oppositions were **** scared of me. That was all the football experience I had.

So you are with me right?

1993 Born - 1999 in Manchester - Lived a rich life.

All Rosy and brilliant. Well until 2009 that is.

My father was charged and arrested for running a ponzi scheme. He committed suicide in Jail. My mother couldn't bear it and committed suicide too. Our home, properties, money in the bank was taken away leaving me all poor and orphan. I was 16 at that time and devastated. I never knew life in poverty and it destroyed me. ****. I am late for the match and I have to sell the scarves. I will tell you more later.

CIAO.

Last edited:
How things change..

View attachment 189533

MANCHESTER UNITED WON!!! The Victory helped me sell many scarves and that helps me to achieve me my dream of becoming a Manager. I know what’s going through your mind. How does selling scarves help me make a manager? Well it helps me pay for my coaching badge that’s how. Before tragedy struck me and my family I had already managed my National C License but alas due to financial constraints then I couldn’t afford to continue further. I have jumped too far ahead haven’t I? Sorry I have a habit of babbling.

Anyhow, let’s recap a bit. So I told you about my birth, my move to Manchester and the tragedy that struck. You might be wondering how I am so casual about such a thing, well when your father is a cheat the society doesn’t give much care about the kind of words they use and sooner or later you learn to grow a thick skin against the curses and become casual. I was 16 when my world was rocked. My father and mother both left me in a city where I had no family, no friends and no house. Survival was very hard. I first had to leave my posh area, not only the house but also the area. My father had taken a lot of money from people in the area and they would love nothing but death for me & so I ran and ran until I came outside Old Trafford, the Theatre of Dreams. Even in my dire condition I hadn’t forgotten my promise and dream to manage it someday. Manchester United was my last remaining link with my father. I still remember the first match we watched together, it was 2007, Manchester United vs Roma at Old Trafford when Manchester United destroyed them. I had seen matches on TV and local football, but this was my first experience of Match Day experience and that too of a European Giant. I had told my father right after the match that I was going to become a football manager one day.

See, what I lacked in technical skills, I more than made up in my observational skills. I might not be a good footballer but I knew all that was to know about football. After my first live match, I started studying tactics and strategies, reading about managers and teams of yesteryear, how they played, how they moved the ball and how they talked. I also read about finances so I can handle that for my club as well. With my fathers’ wealth, resources weren’t a problem and soon I started studying for my badges. I know I couldn’t give the exams but at least I could study. I was in dreamland before it all unraveled one day.

I still remember each and every detail vividly. I had just woken up when the Police raided our house. My mother was shouting frantically and my father, I hoped and wished that it was a joke but my father admitted to it and they dragged him away. The neighbors had gathered and a crowd was forming and when they came to know they also started screaming. While my father was being dragged away, few people started making their way towards our house and it was only a police detail which saved us.

View attachment 189548

It was a chaotic circus outside my house and tears were falling in a free flow from my eyes. A few hours later the police informed that my father had committed suicide. My mom was inconsolable. I was 16, I tried to comfort her but I didn’t know what to do. I convinced her somehow to sleep while I watched the news and that was the biggest mistake of my life. I found her an hour later, having overdosed on sleeping pills. In a matter of hours I had lost my family.

I was allowed to stay in the house (which I didn’t) till court proceedings ended before it was all auctioned away. And just like that I was a poor orphan on the street outside Old Trafford. I wanted to cry, but I didn’t. Manchester United was lost too, back on 6th​ February 1958 ...

View attachment 189549

...but they survived and so will I. I wiped away the remaining tears, found a park and went to sleep that night with dreams of my family and old Trafford in my head.

That’s it. I started working the next day for an old man who sold scarves and when he died 3 years later, I took over his place. I will tell you more about my past some day and also about the time between when I slept at the bench out of Old Trafford and today. So why am I telling you this? Well I got my National C License and I decided I am going to enter into Football Management. Old Trafford is still miles away despite me standing right outside, but today my journey begins. I hope you will travel with me. And maybe one day I will be at Old Trafford, telling you this story again.

I AM GOING TO BE A MANAGER. BTW THIS IS ME. YES I AM VERY TALL.
(P.S.: The Suit is on rent.)

View attachment 189546

CIAO

01/09/2015

I am still jobless, although it has just been 2 months since I notified the Job Center that I am available, it’s slightly depressing. I am a smart bloke and I thought I would have gotten a job by now but alas that’s life. The international break gives me a break to catch up with my football knowledge but also with no scarves to sell I am often left without food for the day. In times like this I always close my eyes to remember my mothers’ teachings to me. Even though we were rich my mother always sought to instill the importance of money in me as well as the skills of survival and adaptability. She said, “Savan, nothing is stronger than your will. If you have decided something in your mind, no force in the world can stop you”. Food was just a force trying to deter me and I won’t let it win.

So, I left off when I was sleeping at a bench near the Old Trafford. Well, I was woken up the next morning and that too rather rudely by a very old man. He looked ancient and like he will die any moment (turns out that was just due to him being angry). His name was Kim Jennings. He had a Korean mother and English father he explained when I raised eyebrows at his name. Well the problem was the bench I slept in was the one Kim used to sit on whole day trying to sell merchandise and he wasn’t too pleased when he saw me sleeping there. I wasn’t looking for any turf war and went on to another bench to sleep before being bothered by Kim again as he wanted to know why I was sleeping on the bench. Afraid that the truth could lead me to me being driven away, I invented a Sob story about how my parents were killed in a car accident and how I had no one left in the world and the story for most parts was true, well except the way my parents died. I was pretty sure that Kim didn’t have a television at his home and he wouldn’t find out about me and Voila the plan worked. The old man got all teary and emotional and let me sit on the bench with him while he sold his merchandise. Now Kim wasn’t any young, so I volunteered to make a few trips round the park with some of the merchandise to help him garner some income while he rested and he happily agreed. MY FIRST JOB, I am Managing a Merchandise err..Shop?..Cart?, well it was something and it was my first Job. That’s how I started off before later ending up selling the scarves. Me and Kim formed a nice little partnership with each other, he provided the stock and I did all the running. Kim’s story is interesting as well but look at me rambling again. I have to prepare some reports in case I get an interview, also would anyone of you have a Suit I can borrow? Thanks so much in advance, provided you give me the Suit.

CIAO

Interesting start, just the wrong choice of club :p Good luck! :)

01/10/2015

FINALLY A JOB OPENING!!! Anyone of you know Cheltenham? Well apparently it’s a club or that’s what the guys at the Job Centre said. Vanarama National League is what they mentioned, I wonder if it’s one of the places which the British colonized. So anyway, the guys at the job centre want me to go down for an interview today so I will now have 3 things to do:

1.Find myself a Suit
2.Find a way to reach Cheltenham
3.**** I forgot the third thing…err anyways we will figure that out

View attachment 189334

I caught a train from the Piccadilly station, my first time on a train since well 2009 and it was fun, well as much as fun it could be with an ill-fitted suit that was itchy but hey beggars can’t be choosers. I was going to meet Paul Barker, the chairman of the club for the interview and boy was I nervous. Do I tell him about my father? I am sure that would immediately put me in a soup to get the job..arghhh. This is frustrating stuff. I really don’t like you right now father and speaking of soup, I AM HUNGRY! I hope I land this job and get some stuff going. Cheltenham aren’t in such a bad position, the chairman seems like a **** to fire the previous one I suppose

I am going for the interview. WHO THE **** KEEPS INTERVIEWS IN A BAR? I don’t like the club already.

CIAO

Rejected. Moreover I got into a fight with the ****** of a Chairman. How dare he insult my father? I know he duped and ****** a lot of people but you don't judge a son based on the sins of father!

The interview was going well until we started to talk about the finances of the club which were terrible and I pointed out that I would be more than happy to help with the financial decisions if they want me to. I didn't have a degree but I am very good at finance.

Paul: You would be wouldn't you? Your father was an expert at making money, even if there was no money to be made.

Me: With due respect sir, there is no need to drag my father into this. What he did was wrong but it was a while back and I don't look like I am enjoying his money do I?

Paul: How do we know you won't embezzle money just like your father---

*Well, I punched him in his face before he could get a word out and I didn't get the Job*

CIAO

P.S: Hitting him felt so ****** good.

Last edited:
05/10/2015

Mark the day people! MARK THE DAY! I was approached by a club today…scratch that TWO CLUBS TODAY. I can’t believe it that people want me as a manager. I did a little jig when I got the message before confirming that I would attend the interviews. On paper I am pretty sure which club I am going to choose but just for safety I decided to attend both the interviews. What clubs you might ask? I will tell you folks, have some patience.

So yes the clubs. Both of them are 23rd​ in their respective leagues. One is from Vanarama North and one from Vanarama National. Easy decision you might say isn’t it? Well anyway the clubs:

Curzton Ashton : 23rd​ Vanarama North

View attachment 189296

View attachment 189295

2.Aldershot : 23rd​ Vanarama National

View attachment 189294
View attachment 189293

Neither of the clubs are able to buy a win if they wanted, they have no money and no wages to spare. Basically they are both in a ****** position and want me to save them from relegation. Pretty simple isn't it? There is 1% chance that I somehow manage to get them promoted, either of them if i suddenly become Sacchi or Guardiola but I am neither. So whom to choose?

View attachment 189229
Aldershot it is!! I was going to do a long post above the entire season that was to follow but something happened in between and so I will give you a quick brief version about my season at Aldershot.

Season Summary:

BEFORE I TOOK OVER

1. MATCHES

View attachment 189227

2. SQUAD:

View attachment 189226
Aldershot were in 23rd Position when I took over, their strikers weren't scoring and their defenders weren't stopping the goals. They had only ONE Goalkeeper in their entire squad be it U-21's and they didn't have a youth squad player at all. I mainly planned to Deadly's tactics till I got the hang of creating my own comfortable tactics with the team. The squad was good but too large and no money to terminate anyone's contract. Almost every players contract was expiring at the end of the season and I had no money to renew them or extend them as well. So this was the situation when I took over.

AFTER I TOOK OVER:

RESULTS:

View attachment 189226
MEDIA:

View attachment 189224
View attachment 189223
I was performing very well and I was sure with a full pre-season, new signings and a few more tweaks I would lead them to promotion next season. Well until something terrible happened and all my plans were thrown into turmoil that is...

01/03/2015

View attachment 189222
I was done. The CHAIRMAN is a ****** IDIOT. I was asked by a reported if i was interested in Chester job who were sixth and as soon as I said yes I received the notification that I was fired. Well, I can understand he was mad but FIRE ME? I was doing very well with ZERO RESOURCES AND HE FIRES ME THE IDIOT. Well that's it for my debut into the world of management. Just 4 months long. On the bright side, managers and media were on my side and I the Chairman was made to look like the fool.

On the bad side, I was jobless and I can't sell scarves. I have to be and seem professional. So I will hope that I can manage on my savings till I find another Job because Chester DIDN'T HIRE ME. Well just 2 months to go till the season ends and many will be fired at that time and hopefully I can grab an opportunity.

CIAO till then. I will now post from a new club and a new city.

P.S: I will tell you about how Manchester United did in the next entry

Last edited:
Hello folks, I would love some feedback. Is this too fast? Any suggestions on what you would like to see?

01/06/2015

I spent the last few months trying to learn more about football and footballing leagues around the world. In the six years since my father was caught, Football had changed in many aspects. Life with having nothing to do was hard and so I did what I was best at, I researched along with applying at many clubs but more about that later.

I returned to Manchester with my ego hurt and a burning flame in my eyes to prove myself into management. I knew it will be a waiting game so I waited. I watched Manchester United, watched Championship football, League 1 & League 2 to get myself acclaimed with the kind of teams and the nature of play in all different leagues of the pyramid. I even went to see a few matches of salford just so I could see the class of 92 and ogle them. That was a very nice experience and like a dream come true. What did I learn you ask?, I will show it to you when I join a new club till then you may wonder about it.

Manchester United had a wondeful season though. THEY WON THE LEAGUE. YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SPOILER ALERTS FOR YOU. I can't believe that they won to be honest but it is what it is. Since I am telling you about premier division I decided I will let you know about what happened with various leagues around the world. So here it goes:

English Premier League:

German First Divison

Liga BBVA:

Serie A:

Ligue 1:

Portuguese League:

Champions League : Manchester City

Europa League : Dortmund

F.A. Cup : Manchester City

Capital One Cup : Manchester United

GOD! That was exhausting, but this is my commitment to football and I like to tell it all to prospective employers so that they know how passionate I am about football. Also before I forget LOUIS VAN GAAL has retired after winning the League. I am very sure that he was afraid he won't be able to repeat it. Unai Emery is the new manager. All the best to him.

07/06/2015

Among all the excitement in telling you about the leagues and matches I saw I completely forgot to tell you that I got a NEW JOB!! Yes a club has hired me despite having a 3 month experience from where I was FIRED albeit wrongly but still. This was my 7th interview post the completion of the season. I REJECTED 3 CLUBs and 3 CLUBS REJECTED ME. What goes around comes around? But 7th times the charm I suppose as I found a new home.

160 miles away from Manchester, a small city with a population of around 150,000 (that's what WIKIPEDIA says) and one of the best universities of the world is the home to my new club and me. The club has played in the first division only once in it's lifetime and that was back in 1986-87 before falling regularly through the leagues and falling out of it. It rose again and currently is in League 2.

A club for whom John Aldirdge and Roy Atkinson played once. My new home is:

Next Up : Pre-Season , Meeting the players and the month of August

08/06/2015

View attachment 188926
As I stood in the dugout area of my new home, I could not help but think about where I came from. Chairman Darryl Eales was a nice person, he knew about my past and he didn't question or judge me based on that. How did he know? I told him. I did not hide behind my past anymore and cower in fear that someone will find out and then suddenly I will be out of my job, I will cover my past in the press conference and Darryl was supportive of it. After I accepted the offer he was honest with me, We had no money. We were in the negative and were meeting the expenses through a gift that Eales had given to the club. When I joined we had a negative transfer budget and a wage budget of about 600 per week and that was not going to help me with ****. The squad was very small to compete for 46 matches a season plus all the different cups. So my task was simple I had to generate money for the club somehow in whatsoever manner so that I could give myself some chance to lift this club into the playoff places. The Club just wanted a mid-table position but I was sure with some right investment I could take the league apart.

A tap on the shoulder brought me back to the present from my dreams of league domination. It was Katie, the secretary to Mr Eales. She was a cute girl. I have never been in a relationship in my life, I was a geek first and after then, well Girls don't dig Scarves seller just the scarves. Well, um anyways she had come to inform me that the press conference was about to begin and I should make my room to the press room.

I sighed a little before following Katie. I know a **** storm was about to rise and my integrity will be questioned at every moment from now on. I will now pay for the sins of my father. The only thing which kept me going on was football and with that I pushed the door to a glare of flash bulbs and mikes to face my past.

View attachment 188925
BBC: Hi Savan, How do you feel sitting here today as the Manager of Oxford United?

S: I feel great, the chairman and the club have been very welcoming to me and made me feel at home immediately.

Dailymail: Don't you feel that you are rather inexperienced for this Job?

S: You gain experience only when you are given the Job don't you? I might have not been in the career for long but I know my football. I have been watching football since I was 6 and amassed quite a good knowledge about it and I am pretty sure I can implement it here.

Goal.com : Can you tell us about what happened at Aldershot?

S: It's the past and I would rather not talk about it. I wish the club the best and will be rooting for them to get promoted to League 2.

Sun: Will you be looking to make a wholesome change to the playing or the support staff?

S: I can't say at the moment. It's a fresh start for everyone involved and I would like to give everyone a chance to prove themselves to me before taking any decision.

BBC: What are your thoughts about the financial condition of the club? If you were to make any wholesome changes, are the funds available?

S: At the moment they are not. But the chairman and I have had some discussion and we are doing our best to improve them. I have some ideas and we will be looking to implement them

BBC: I am sorry to sound crude...but you were just a scarf seller before and I don't understand how you would be able to help in finance.

S (nervously) : Well...you see that...First of all let me say that the country from which I hail from (India), the current Prime Minister used to sell tea. So the past is no indication of the future. Also, before you lot jump on me like wolves and find it out. I would like to say I have a very astute knowledge of finance. You see before I was a scarf seller, I was the son of one of the best financial brains the world has ever seen. You might know him, not in a good way sadly, I am the son Samir Shah.

*An audible gasp from all the reporters as they are stunned into silence. Everyone except Eales is also confused*

BBC: Samir Shah, as in The Samir Shah who ran the biggest ponzi scheme in the country?

S: Well, yes.

(Chaos ensues as I am lead out of the room by the Chairman)

01/09/2015

Running a club is a hard task. At Aldershot I came in mid-season and most of the finance was left to the Chairman and the Directors but here at Oxford they wanted me involved in brain storming sessions so as to sustain ourselves financially. My job was made easy since I was on a Media silence. The last time I met you, the media was shouting for my head as I exited the conference room. From the darling doe eyed innocent young manager I was suddenly Public Enemy No. 1. Oxford might never have received so much media coverage but unfortunately most of it was negative. I must stand up and applause the Board at Oxford, they stuck to their word and at every opportunity they publicly supported and backed me and that was very good to hear in a time where managers are sacked like they are nothing.

View attachment 188897
WHAT THE MEDIA SAID:

View attachment 188898

Sun : "Son of Devil takes charge at Oxford"

View attachment 188896

"Sins of father haunt the son"

View attachment 188895

"Is there place in sports for morale compass?"

View attachment 188894

"Penniless Oxford appoint Financial Con Artist's Son"

What did I do? Nothing, I stayed silent. I knew I will have to let my team and their football do the talking. And that was my second hardest task. Talking to the team. I had not met the team before the press conference and they found out about who I was through the media or internet and I was afraid if they revolted it would be a even shorter stay then my stay at Aldershot, but they were moved by my talk of how everyone deserves a fresh start and gave that to me as well. They didn't have to but they did and I felt amazed and full of emotion to be at such a club where there is still some understanding of Humane Emotions.

I immediately started to tackle the issue at hand. I remember reading on a site called fm-base.co.uk that when you take charge at a club in the lower leagues, the best way to earn money was friendlies with the big clubs and that was what I did. I know it could affect the morale of the players if we lost badly but I was sure that the players at the club would relish the chance of playing with the big boys and so that was one thing.

The second task: A senior affiliate who could loan us players for free. I didn't need annual money, just assurances that we could loan their players and they charge us nada. Eales immediately sought clubs out and within 2 weeks we had a Senior Club in the form of:

View attachment 188893
And they gave us what we needed PLAYERS but more on that later.

Pre-Season:

View attachment 188892
The lack of wins might put you in some dilemmas of what to make of the pre-season but it was an amazing success for me. We were not humiliated in any of the matches even though we faced Premier League or Championship opponents but more importantly we raked in 350,000!!!!! It might not seem much to big clubs but it put us into green from red, I know it will hard to stay in green when the season starts but it won't be as worse at the start of the season. Having played such tough opponents the players were mentally and physically prepared for a long hard season and to disrupt the normal service of the league. That was my aim and we did it GET IN!!!!!

Now for the real test, Let the Hunger Games begin!!

**** I meant let the season begin. My heads not right I guess from working so much.

P.S: Squad Overview, Transfer History and League update next time

CIAO

TRANSFER HISTORY:

View attachment 188746
I am very happy with the Transfer window. We managed to offload players with high wages and got in better players at Zero or no wages. My only concern? Seven players are on Loan and they are either first team players or first rotation. It is a short term fix but we need the solution for long term and improve our finances to earn promotion and improve the club. We are all set for this season. Yaw Yeboah is the only regret as I didn't pay attention and didn't realise until I signed him that he has no Work Permit. So now I can't play one of my best and better payed players because I didn't see the paper work. The Chairman wasn't happy.

SQUAD OVERVIEW:

Goalkeepers

Sam Slocombe: Sam has been the club since last season having come in as a free transfer from Scunthorpe. The 28 year old is our undisputed number one with the Goalkeeper more than good enough for League 1. He will be first choice for at least 2 more seasons unless we get back to back promotions.

Dale Eve: Ex-Stoke Starlet joined in the summer window on free after his contact at Stoke expire. He is a Bermuda International and has potential to be better than Slocombe. He is merely a backup and I don't see him taking Sam's position barring injury. Will be moved on if i find a better replacement.

Position Rating : 4/5
Depth : 4/5

Full-Backs

Cameron Gayle: First choice right back Gayle could be a brilliant player for even a League 1 side and we are truly lucky to have him. I prefer my full backs to attack and put in the crosses and he does it brilliantly. He also has decent pace which helps him recover the ball back or fall back into position if he has fallen astray. Like Slocombe he will be first choice unless a truly brilliant RB comes along or we win back to back promotions.

Leo Chambers: The West Ham Academy player is even a more brilliant right back then Gayle but has to be rotated due to the match day squad rule which is the only reason he is not a first choice. Versatile enough to play in Centre as well. He has got pace, concentration and great tackling and could be a great signing for any League 1 side.

Donald Love: Ex-Manchester United Starlet was signed to play back up before injury forced me to loan Leo and he is now third choice RB. Luckily for him I have been following him since his Manchester United days and will give him a chance to usurp Gayle. Can also play Centre Back and Right Midfield.

Joe Skartz: The ex-Rotherham Fullback had been first choice for 2 seasons before this summer when an injury and a better loan signing pushed him down. I don't rate him much and will be sold in the summer or the January window.

Erik Sarmiento : Signed on a season long from Manchester City, the starlet is brimming of potential and could make the cut for mid-table teams in any league in the future. He is a breath of fire into the attack and fits my attacking Full Back role brilliantly.

Position Rating : 5/5
Depth : 5/5

Centre Backs:

Jake Wright : Club Captain and one of our best defenders has been at the club for seven years and still going strong. He has a tendency to get carded early on but one thing you can't say he is lacking is commitment. I will keep him just for his Leadership qualities.

Roger Johnson : Such a fall from grace for this man? Part of a brilliant premier league defense with Scott Dann, he is now making it work in league 2. He is my best defender. Signed on Loan for the season, can't see him staying beyond mostly because of his age.

Cheyyene Dunkley: A decent defender and has some potential but I don't have the luxury to give him Game time unless Wright or Johnson are injured. Even Leo Chambers is a better option than him and I like a steady defense in front of my Goalkeeper. Will be kept until better defender found.

Daniel O'Slaughenessy: Signed for his versatility and depth. Could be a decent defended but again, see above.

Position Rating : 2.5/5
Depth : 2/5

Central Midfielders:

John Lundstram: Ex-everton starlet Lundstram can easily boss both League 1 and League 2. He is one to keep for years ahead and a possible capital as and when Wright retires.

Samir Carrughers: Signed on loan from Parents MK Dons, he is one of the three payers I have on loan from MK Dons and one of the best. He could easily play Championship in my opinion and is comfortable playing any role. He has flair, tackling, strength, finishing, dribbling and even CROSSING. Perfect midfielder.

Sergio Aguza: He is an ex-Madrid Player. Castilla but still I have an-ex MADRID PLAYER!! So cool isn't it? Aguza is a copy of Carrughers except he isn't strong physically and sometimes despite having a good tackling attribute he tackles like scholesey did.

Callum Cooke: He is the youngest of the lot and has got the best potential. More attack minded then all 3 combined, he is in his second loan season to our club. He is mostly used to fill round holes where he is my square peg.

Position Rating : 5/5

P.S: I have got two very good youth prospects and will be looking to give them some gametime so I can do what Sir Alex and Matt Busby did at Manchester United.

Wide Midfielders/Wingers:

Nathaniel-Mendez Laing: Signed mainly for his versatility as he can play left and right wing, injury and inconsistent performances have let him and the club down. At 24 he doesn't have much chance to fulfill his potential and is at most a stop gap signing for the season.

Callum O'Dawda: He is young and has the potential but sadly he has no worthwhile technical skills. He will always be a brilliant league 2 player but it's hard to see him rise above that.

Mark Edgar: Signed on loan from Blackburn, he is a notch above every winger I have at the club and can play for League One. Very happy to have him for the season and will look to sign him for the next year as well. He can play any position on the left side and is a work horse which makes up for his below par technical skills.

Alex Macdonald: My first choice Right Midfielder Alex has been at the club since 2 seasons and is easily my best Right winger. He has good crossing and passing skills and with his decent speed he is a handful for league 2 sides. He is even capable of scoring the occasional goal which is always handy.

Position Rating : 3.5/5

Strikers:

Sam Byrne: My second ex-everton player. He was a last minute signing after I was rejected by Ashley Fletcher. He is a decent finisher and works hard off the ball as well which is an added bonus. He is my best striker on current as well as potential ability but will take time to get used to the Physical league 2.

Kemar Roofe: He is a winger I play as a forward well mainly for lack of options on the kind of player I need. He has performed decently and will be given an extended run.

Danny Hylton: He can play anywhere on the wings as well at the forward position. He has decent technical skills but high determination, bravery and strength see him often win the ball from defenders and score a goal. I rate him the highest among all the forwards.

Patrick Hoban: He is a decent back up player and can come in and play when asked but that's all he is good at. Looking to replace him by next season or in January.

Position Rating : 3/5
Depth : 1/5

August Review

View attachment 188469
What must I do for consistency? We have been inconsistent as **** and although I can't blame the players for their efforts as we lost 3 matches in the final 5 minutes, concentration has been a problem. The club fans also have been a problem. They have booed the team in every game due to me being in charge and that has caused lots of problems for them. I can't blame them for losing concentration when even after a goal there are no cheers from their own fans forget the opposition fans. I had it after the Bristol Rover games in the Johnstone trophy and took to the mike after the game. The players were doing a lap around the stadium trying to applaud the fans in response to which they were booed and that's when I snatched the mike from the PA and started to talk.

"I know you are not happy. I am not as well. The results have been not good, we have been inconsistent but I don't blame the players. I blame myself and you. You are judging on my past and ruining your club by doing that. The chairman is with the LMA is with me and all the managers are also with me and you know what I am not going anywhere anytime soon, I am here at least till the end of the season so I would advice you to get behind us instead of getting on us and help our club, this beautiful club which has so more to offer than League 2. I will repeat what my spiritual mentor said to his fans:

"YOUR JOB IS TO GET BEHIND THE NEW MANAGER"

So do it. And help us build some momentum and play football. My team talks should be about telling the players how to play or how to nullify an opponent and not to ignore the fans. SO DO YOUR ******* JOB AND LET ME DO MINE ALRIGHT? Thank You for your time".

And just like that I went inside the tunnel, I thought I will be out of a Job but suddenly I started hearing applause from the stadium and allowed myself a smug smile. Well, now I don't have any reason for bad results. Let's get the boys all firing now.

September Review:

View attachment 188468
GET INNNN!!! Our first unbeaten month and second of my short fledgling career if we count Aldershot as well. My speech at the end of the month definitely worked and the players are enjoying playing at home and are giving in more than their 100 % so that's great. Some great results for us as well. You might have noticed various friendlies being played yeah? So since we are out of capital one cup and even the Johnstone Trophy and we play only once a week I try to arrange a friendly once a week against a local team and that earns us around 15K a week. Pretty nifty eh? While it doesn't take us to greens yet, it helps us to manage the red to an extent so me and the Chairman are very happy for it.

Let's dig into the match analysis now.

03/09/2016

View attachment 188467
I am very happy with the overall results not so much with the defense. It is closer than it looks in reality it was a comfortable win and despite them being within one goal of ours in the final 15 minutes they never threatened us. Samir was everywhere, winning the balls, scoring the goals. **** I hope I can retain him. Also if anyone noticed he shares a name with my father.

10/09/2016

View attachment 188463
A win against the league leaders!! We dominated them from start to finish but 2-1 going into the final 15 minutes was nervy but they hardly got any shots on target mostly thanks to Samir again. Roofe confirmed our victory in third minute of the stoppage time and talks of a come back died down.

13/09/2016

View attachment 188462
A totally opposite pefrperformanceinst the team at the bottom as we scraped to a victory. They harried us and did not let us play our game. 17 fouls were committed by them and it was Byrne who saved us by scoring with his First Touch. Great start for the boy.

17/09/2016

View attachment 188461
A Manchester United type Draw :D We were down and out and hardly troubling them before Alex received the ball at the right hand side raced forward, cut inside and boom a Goal! Normally a draw would have been disappointing but who doesn't love a last minute equalizer!!

24/09/2016

View attachment 188460
As routine as a victory can get but credit goes to Slocombe who claimed each of their crosses and caught each of their shots except one. We were never in trouble despite them doing so much. Our midfield came to the fore on the day when our strikers went missing. Love that everyone is chipping in. Sir Alex always thought that was important.

P.S: I have already played ahead and forgot to take SS of table. I ended September at 3rd position.