Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

A man with experience in football manager only applied for the job of MIddlesbrough

vKompany

Jan 25, 2010
This is sick. I'm applying for a couple of jobs now. Where do I send it to though? Do I just put the chairman's name and send it to that address?

Tharros

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah I heard about this when it happened. I never actually read the CV though. The guy obviously has a few screws loose.

mccollio09

May 29, 2010
Heard about this but never saw it at the time. Is that a real response from Steve Gibson, I've got some new found respect for him, playing along like that. As someone who has just recently found a job after finishing studies, sometimes just getting a reply is good enough!

TheHig

Feb 27, 2009
I applied for the Spurs position, back just before Martin Jol got the job, no letters to show but my response was more of a standard rejection.
Not humorous like this one

I

iNickStuff

I've read it before. Still funny, but old.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

btw im not actually gonna do it, but it would be awesome.
Nobody was really counting on you to anyway ..

Raphael.

Aug 19, 2010
Hahaha lol....... could you imagine if the chairman actually thought he was a good manager :p

Average Joe

May 25, 2009
Yeah I heard about this when it happened. I never actually read the CV though. The guy obviously has a few screws loose.

Pretty sure he did it for a laugh, hense the "I'm sure you saw the headlines" bit lol

Or he is a complete mental

LP94

Jan 7, 2010
I applied at Rovers when PT got sacked. Nick Higgs never replied for some reason..... :'(

Gooner96

Apr 2, 2010
Pretty sure he did it for a laugh, hense the "I'm sure you saw the headlines" bit lol

Or he is a complete mental
He had a list of like 100 things he wanted to do before he died, and apply for a football manager's job was one of them..

Oteum

Jul 21, 2010
That is class, love the CV. Talking about his degree, "Nothing really useful here, so Ill use the old 'transferable skills' on this one..." Brilliant!