A New Breed of Red Devils - Manchester Utd Story

coolmcool

Reaction score
Man Utd

View attachment 221083

So im going to try something similar to my Barcelona La Masia save in which i did not at least in the first 10 or so seasons sign any players what so ever having to rely on the players already their and the youth coming through.

I imagine this challenge will be all the harder in the Premier League with a lot more title rivals and the fact i dont have MSN who were on fire for me especially the first 3 seasons.

And so it begins

View attachment 221082

Man Utd

View attachment 221061

First off im not using any updates with Man Utd so i dont have the likes of Depay and Martial as i like to save the new signings for the new FM.

What im liking about Man Utd so far is they have just 2 players 30 or over and well over half the squad is in their early to mid twenties so have plenty of years left with me.

View attachment 221060

Best 3 Current Players

David de Gea - GK

View attachment 221059

So my keeper is considered my best player and my first job with him was to offer a new deal, those of you who followed my Barca saves know that having a good young keeper is key as its the most unlikeliest area your going to get a good player coming through.

Juan Mata - AMRLC

View attachment 221058

Another Spaniard is one of our best i love Mata as a player but not quite sure were to play him i dont really like playing with an AMC so he will be out on one of the wings.

Angel Di Maria - AMRL

View attachment 221057

New boy Di Maria will be looking to have a better season with me than he did in real life, he will play on the wing but im surprised hes only 26 which means hes got a good 8 years with us.

Best Youngsters

James Wilson - ST

View attachment 221056

The Englishman may be 4th in line to the Starting ST spot but with RVP in his thirties and Falcao on loan he will be a key player in the coming seasons.

Luke Shaw - DL

View attachment 221055

His main aim has got to be breaking all of the appearance records with us and England depending on his injuries as being a first teamer at 18 hes easily got 20 years to play for us.

Adnan Januzaj - AMRLC

View attachment 221054

Hes got a lot of potential but im unsure as to how much game time hes going to get in the next few seasons at least but like with my Barcelona save some players like Traore and Halilovic were more about the long term, going on several loans before making the first team.

Man Utd

View attachment 961872

So im going to try something similar to my Barcelona La Masia save in which i did not at least in the first 10 or so seasons sign any players what so ever having to rely on the players already their and the youth coming through.

I imagine this challenge will be all the harder in the Premier League with a lot more title rivals and the fact i dont have MSN who were on fire for me especially the first 3 seasons.

And so it begins

View attachment 961873

interesting idea ,good luck mate
o.png

Man Utd

View attachment 220982

August 2014

So the Premier League Odds have come in and we are seen as 3rd favourites for the Title and i have gone for Champions League Qualification in my Season Expectations as more money wont help me!

View attachment 220980

Rojo Out for 3 Months Before Even Playing a Match

View attachment 220979

So heres the Starting 11 and Tactic for the first game of the season against Chelsea, as you can see we have 6 players out injured

View attachment 220978

De Gea Signs New 5 Year Deal

View attachment 220977

August Results

View attachment 220976

So my reign as Man Utd Boss didnt get off to the best of starts as Title Rivals Chelsea beat us 2-0 in a game that was much closer than it looks with their second goal coming as we were pushing for an equalizer.
We got back on track with a comfortable 3-0 win over West Brom in our next match with Valencia netting first a player who has always been amazing for me on FM and then McNair netted his first goal for the club before Falcao got his first too late on.
The second string managed to beat Blackpool 1-0 in the Cup with Wilson netting his first goal of the season but he should of had a shed load with the amount of chances he fluffed in a total dominant display.
We ended the month with a 3-3 draw against Tottenham in a back and forth affair were they took the lead twice with RVP hitting back both times before he scored the supposed winner in the 90th minute for his Hattrick but they had Townsend net an even later equalizer.

League Table

View attachment 220974

Down in 9th place at the moment with Man City and Arsenal top having won 3 out of 3.

Best Player - Has to be RVP with his Hattrick against Tottenham, i had even transfer listed him at this point before he got his hattrick but hes going nowhere now!

View attachment 220973

Man Utd

View attachment 220972

September 2014

Chelsea were the biggest spenders in the league with a paltry £26Million whereas the biggest deal was the Welsh Xavi Joe Allen joining Arsenal.

View attachment 220971

Rooney moaning already, were like 6 games in and hes played in 3 of them but is moaning about game time, on all of my previous Man Utd saves ive never got Rooney performing.

View attachment 220970

RVP out for 5 Months after scoring in our opening 2 games of the month.

View attachment 220969

September Results

View attachment 220967

So a much better month in the league but we are out of the Cup, So we started the month with a comfortable win over Everton with Valencia and RVP in fine form getting a goal apiece with Blind getting a late wonder strike.
We then just about beat Newcastle going 2-0 up before the half hour mark thanks to a couple of well taken goals from RVP, he then went off injured before Newcastle got a goal back, it was all them in the second half and they really should have got an equalizer.
Up next was Tottenham in the Cup, i rotate a few players around giving the likes of Powell, Fellaini and Young starts but we were soundly beaten by Spurs 3-1 with Jonny Evans getting our only goal as Soldado netted a Hattrick showing how poor we must have been!
We ended the month on a good note though beating Southampton with Fellaini scoring inside a minute before James Wilson came on and sealed the win with a late goal

League Table

View attachment 220966

Up to 5th place now after 3 straight wins and only 2 points off top spot, With Swansea the surprise package currently top of the table.

Best Player - RVP - Its going to be a hard 5 months without him especially considering i have fallen out with Rooney.

View attachment 220965

Good start mate! On my save I'm managing England and Rooney couldn't hit a cow's **** with a banjo!

Rooney just can't hack it in the game for me either, mind you he isn't doing much better in real life.

Good start mate! On my save I'm managing England and Rooney couldn't hit a cow's **** with a banjo!

Better month,i'm sure you can clinch BPL title. ;)

Rooney just can't hack it in the game for me either, mind you he isn't doing much better in real life.
I have never got Rooney to work for me even back on my original FM Base Story from FM 13 i sold him inside the first season and have continued that trend ever since, trying him in a CM role now to see if hes any good there for me.

Man Utd

View attachment 220824

October 2014

De Gea out for 4 weeks sparking a bit of a Goalkeeping crisis at Man Utd with Valdes still not back from injury Anders Lindegaard will come back in from the wilderness to start Man Utd's next match.

View attachment 220823

Nearer the end of the month Di Maria picks up an injury too meaning he would miss the all important Manchester Derby.

View attachment 220822

October Results

View attachment 220821

So its a pretty short month being out of the Cup and no Europe with just 3 games this month in the league. All 3 games were on the TV as everyone loves seeing a Man U game, we start well with a 3-0 win over Stoke with Falcao and Di Maria netting a couple of early goals and then Rooney netted the 3rd via a penalty on the stroke of half time.
We then came from 1-0 down against Leicester to win 2-1 after Falcao netted again and then Jonny Evans netted the winner from a corner.
We ended the month with a 4-0 win over West Ham with Falcao netting a Hattrick and Herrera scoring a wonder goal to secure an emphatic victory.

League Table

View attachment 220819

Only 2 points seperate the top 5 teams in England whilst we are joint top with Liverpool and Man City on points with just our goal difference keeping us off the top spot.

Best Player - Falcao - 5 goals in 3 games this month as he shows why we pay him all of that money, with RVP out injured and Rooney Moaning he has stepped up and lead the line beautifully.

View attachment 220817

Injuries have hit you hard, training problems maybe?
Im not in charge of training at the moment, i am known for having a lot of injuries on my other saves though, think its the high tempo pressing game we play and hard tackling i implement probably doesnt help.

Man Utd

View attachment 220702

November 2014

Grumpy Rooney happy to stay now im playing him more, but thats only because of all the injuries

View attachment 220701

Wilson out for 6 Weeks

View attachment 220700

Falcao out for a Month

View attachment 220699

So i only play one player upfront which is lucky considering im down to just Rooney for at least a month from my original 4 strikers.

Must be doing something right as i get a new deal only a few months into my reign

View attachment 220698

At the end of the month we face Title Rivals Arsenal but our Injury List is a big concern

View attachment 220697

November Results

View attachment 220696

So before the International break we still had our main man Falcao, who was instrumental in our back and forth match against Man City netting twice and all but scoring the Demichellis own goal which was more of a deflection.
We then beat QPR 2-1 with Herrera netting another wondergoal before Falcao scored just before the break to make it 2. They came back into the match thanks to a Charlie Austin goal but they went quiet after that.
We were all over Aston Villa and Mata got the opening goal but Rooney missed a shed load of chances before finally netting his first goal from open play this season late on, they got one back but the game was all over.
We ended the month with a poor lost to Arsenal, if we had Falcao up front and RVP to bring on it may have been a different story but Rooney was pants and i had to bring on Fellaini as a target man in his place around an hour in but he couldnt get a goal whilst they had Sanchez running rings around us.

League Table

View attachment 220695

2 points behind Arsenal who just beat us whilst since beating Man City they have plummeted down the table, Falcao is second in the race for the Golden Boot and will hopefully be amongst the goals when he gets back from his injury.

Best Player - Ander Herrera has been superb for me, hes one of those were as he hasnt done much in real life for Man Utd i wasnt expecting anything from him but hes been a bit of a creative force in midfield.

View attachment 220694

Man Utd

View attachment 220344

December 2014

Rooney out for 4 weeks!

View attachment 220343

Evans and Jones Out Injured Too

View attachment 220342View attachment 220341

So my injuries seem to be confined to DC's and ST's we are having to play Fellaini up top for the moment until Falcao returns.

View attachment 220340

Not a bad start to life with Man Utd after 15 wins in my first 20 games

View attachment 220339

December Results

View attachment 220338

So we start the month with a decent win against Liverpool who are in Title Contention themselves, we took the lead early on through Valencia and were all over them for the rest of the game with Rooney netting a penalty and then Rojo getting a late 3rd.
So after that fine performance we had a mare, we had a player sent off and they scored from the resulting penalty in the first half, i made 3 changes at half time to try and change it up but then had Rooney and Jones go off injured after we had used all of our subs so end the match with 8 players not before they scored again.
We got back on track against Burnely with Falcao back in the side and our attacking trio of Januzaj,Falcao and Mata in fine form getting a goal each.
In the next match we came from a goal down against Swansea to win 2-1 with wingers Mata and Januzaj netting again.
We then smashed Crystal Palace in the Boxing Day game with Falcao netting a brace and Mata and Januzaj netting again.
We ended the month with a shocker of a result against Hull only managing a 1-1 draw after going behind inside the first minute.

League Table

View attachment 220337

3 points clear at the top of the table at the half way mark of the season, a bit of a shock considering our injury woes, The other shock has got to be Liverpool getting Borini and Balotelli firing.

Best Player - Adnan Januzaj - Netted 3 goals this month as he made the most of the injuries in the squad

View attachment 220335

Really interesting save. Ill definitely be following this. Adnan is a quality player, in my opinion, even in the first season. On my United save I didn't send him out on loan or anything because I love him, and he's always performed. Now I'm in 2023 and he's probably one of the best wingers in the world :D

Rooney though... Rooney's never been good for me in FM. Especially this FM. I think I sold him in the second summer window to bring in money to make Falcao's loan permanent as he's too class :)

Anyway, really enjoyed the read so far and will be keeping track of this!

Really interesting save. Ill definitely be following this. Adnan is a quality player, in my opinion, even in the first season. On my United save I didn't send him out on loan or anything because I love him, and he's always performed. Now I'm in 2023 and he's probably one of the best wingers in the world :D

Rooney though... Rooney's never been good for me in FM. Especially this FM. I think I sold him in the second summer window to bring in money to make Falcao's loan permanent as he's too class :)

Anyway, really enjoyed the read so far and will be keeping track of this!
Thanks mate, i have liked the look of Januzaj so far, and Rooney has been hopeless, im hoping to finish the season today so hopefully get a few updates out, i may try this on fm16 too