A new concept and possible FM Base project

• Thread starter Thread starter psycho1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 5K

psycho1970

Reaction score
Just read this thread on SI Games Forum and its given me a Idea.

My first thought was wouldn't it be good to have several new nations playing alongside each other, and then I realised it would be a nightmare coming up with new names for so many teams to make it worthwhile.

So then I came up with this Idea, I dont know how many of you have seen my World Super League the only problem is thats its limited for teams, So how about we create Nations where we take current teams from around the world if we could get at least 8 editors and created new nations with a Pyramid system with 256 teams each we could build a World Super League containing 2000+ Teams within a short period of time.

Choosing Teams would be the hardest part of it, one way is to start up an auction doing 5-8 Nations at a time or 1 person divvies up the teams ie swaps teams from nations and then passes on the db for others to edit.

Are you interested, Have any ideas on the teams selection or any other ideas to put forward on the above.

Editors Confirmed for Project

CalumE5
sammyt
WonderManager
Malarkey
Vanjagl
JakeHartlepool10
saintben123
psycho1970 (cant believe I forgot to add myself in 1st edit)
Lundy17
Litiox
Will1981
Arsenal_James1997

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. I'm not the best editor, but would love to help you out if you could give me some guidance :)

Sounds interesting. I'm not the best editor, but would love to help you out if you could give me some guidance :)

No problems its not that hard a job, just gotta wait to see how many others are interested but your defiantly in.

psycho do you mean like 8 people have their own nation and tehn we take it in turns to pick cluibs to be in a created league system?

Could someone please explain this to me as I can't see the thread and don't fully understand?

psycho do you mean like 8 people have their own nation and tehn we take it in turns to pick cluibs to be in a created league system?

Yeah that was my original idea but not sure how long it would take to pick teams

I'm interested in helping ;)

Good man just got to see who else is interested but your in.

Could someone please explain this to me as I can't see the thread and don't fully understand?

If you take a look at my world super league link in op, it will basically be an extension of this, but the league system is up to the person who builds a nation with the clubs picked/given to them.

i'd like to join, maybe you could do it like a draft to see who gets which clubs as that should end up with roughly even leagues and then everyone should end up happy with their teams.

i'd like to join, maybe you could do it like a draft to see who gets which clubs as that should end up with roughly even leagues and then everyone should end up happy with their teams.

welcome aboard, Best way is to have drafts based on reputations, I want to use teams from all nations and be as balanced as possible, theres 230 nations in total, the only playable nations will be the ones we create. the bigger the nation the more teams from it will be involved.:)

ill help mate :)

Your in:)

Still require a few more editors though, 8 is the minimum (7 plus me)

I can help, but i wont have internet till next friday. Is that problem ?

I can help, but i wont have internet till next friday. Is that problem ?

It will probably take a week to sort out how teams are going to be divided up, Once teams are sorted it will be a breeze to edit. Thinking about it it will probally be better for me to place teams in nations first and then send out dbs for leagues and cups to be added, as one duplication of team could wreck the whole project.

I would help out, but got lots of uni deadlines coming up. I'll have more time during April, if you need help then.

It will probably take a week to sort out how teams are going to be divided up, Once teams are sorted it will be a breeze to edit. Thinking about it it will probally be better for me to place teams in nations first and then send out dbs for leagues and cups to be added, as one duplication of team could wreck the whole project.

It would be better. It could take even longer to fix a mistake.And I guarantee you, there would be lot of duplications.

I'd love to help! this sounds like a masterplan, and would take me off my addiction to my current save :P
only thing is, im like CalumE5 and woul prob need some guidence
:)

i would like to join
i could start working it right now :)

I'd love to help! this sounds like a masterplan, and would take me off my addiction to my current save :P
only thing is, im like CalumE5 and woul prob need some guidence
:)

This is a ideal project to join as a start in editing and am more than happy to give guidance
due needing a round number of nations 8,12,16 I'll put you on stand by and if we get a couple of more involved your be in:)

Thanks for your post tiraths maybe you could help out if any of the lesser experienced editors need advice:)

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

i would like to join
i could start working it right now :)

On standby like Lundy17, Still a lot of prep to be done before editing starts.

Back