A new concept and possible FM Base project

• Thread starter Thread starter psycho1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 5K
i made a world super league on fm10, probably had about 800 or 900 teams on it, took ages to make by myself

this sounds interesting but are you going to replace existing nations or create new one's because I have tried to create new nations myself with no success.

this sounds interesting but are you going to replace existing nations or create new one's because I have tried to create new nations myself with no success.

Better to use/replace nations, interested in joining Will I know you've made a World Super League before but this would undoubtedly be the biggest around

Better to use/replace nations, interested in joining Will I know you've made a World Super League before but this would undoubtedly be the biggest around
I will join mate but the problem is not many people will have a PC powerful enough to run them all together, I know I have a pretty high spec PC but it struggles to run my World Super League with 600 teams and 60000 players enabled.

I will join mate but the problem is not many people will have a PC powerful enough to run them all together, I know I have a pretty high spec PC but it struggles to run my World Super League with 600 teams and 60000 players enabled.

One of the good things about using multiple db to run a super league is that if your using a low spec machine you can choose to only have the db/s with the team/s you want to manage as playable and the others as View only which decreases the overall db size.

I'll add you, Lundy17 and Litox to the OP welcome aboard fellas

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Im thinking if we can get 5 more editors on board or at least 3 (I could do a couple of them) we could keep the teams down to 128 per nation making it nice and simple to edit.

i would love to join but i will need advice

I'll Add you in as I've said to the others its nice and simple and happy to give guidance and hoping as Will1981 is a experienced editor he will help out with advice for the lesser experienced editors:)

when does this start then?

Very soon hopefully,

My thoughts about team allocation are that if I divvy up teams on a nation/rep basis and try to get 1 out of 4 big teams into a different league structure ie

Nation 1 Man United,
Nation 2 Chelsea,
Nation 3 Arsenal,
Nation 4 Liverpool
Nation 5 Inter Milan
Nation 6 Bayern Munich,
etc

with 16 nations first 4 top teams from top 4 nations would go into seperate nations

But if anyone else has any ideas then put them forward here.

i think you've got to take rep into account aswell becuase whilst a league might be poor or strong that doesn't mean all of the teams in it will be for example scotland is a poor league but rangers and celtic are quite a way ahead of the rest of the teams or just because teams like blackpool and west ham are in the premiership this season doesn't mean they are as strong as the league rep. also did you say you'll try to include a club from every nation on the game as that probably would make it better if each nation was represented in one of teh league system's.

Club reps are taken into account, hence taking 1 top 4 team and placing them into a different nation this should mean all nations are as balanced as can be, as for the leagues it would be better to edit nation reps so they are the same.

I think SOME low rep clubs should be put into the mix, youve gotta have the games with a team that you can walk all over. and you need some relegation candidates. but i like the idea for 4 high rep teams .. only from the major leagues in europe, and maybe south america, but the rest of the legues in europe for example, Holland, scotland, belgium, should really only have the 2 candidates..
any idea how long it will be til we get started

Had a brainwave, what about dividing the teams by alphabet. Below is the groups, if you like this idea like the post, and then post number of group you would like once likes reach 7 (editor likes only).

1 numbers & A
2 B
3 C
4 D & E
5 F & G
6 H & I
7 J & K
8 L
9 M
10 N & O
11 P & Q
12 R
13 S
14 T & U
15 V & W
16 X & Y & Z

thats a great idea man, at least then your getting a mix of everything in one league.. some mid table finishers, title challengers, relegation candidates.

Okay, the majority rule, This db is going to consist of 16 Nations however we only have 12 editors so if any of you are willing to do 2 nations let me know, Start posting the group you want 1 vote each the 5 groups left will be divvied up between myself and the editors that are doing a 2nd Nation.

Once groups are selected I will post on how to pick teams from your group and a criteria for the league so each db will work as a whole.

Back