Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that you are getting the best out of Simao, well done mate. Also scoring a lot of goals, shame about the loss to Real

Yeah, he is a very good player, i was gutted about that Real result but it happens.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

December Update
Have Athletico had a good Christmas ?

christmas-presents.jpg

Braga 1-3 Athletico Madrid (Europa League Group Stage)

robert-pires-pic-getty-798646836.jpg

Athletico had already qualified for the next stage of the Europa League and they were looking to carry on with a bang. Diego Costa put Athletico 1-0 up after 23 minutes. Diego Forlan scored in the 63rd minute to double Athletico's advantage. Helio Pires saw red after bringing down Forlan in the 72nd minute and Robert Pires stepped up and scored the penalty. Helder Barbosa did score late on in the 81st minute but that was only a consolation.

Levante 1-4 Athletico Madrid

maresca.jpg

Athletico carried on their fine form in December with a demolishing of Levante. Jose Antonio Reyes scored in the 4th minute from a corner. Miguel Pallardo pulled a goal back for Levante in the 18th minute when a mistake from Merida let him through. Enzo Maresca scored his first since joining Athletico when he was on the end of a lovely counter attack. Simao has been on fire so far this season and he got another goal in the 80th minute when he curled one in from 25 yards. Simao got his second of the game in the 84th minute when he scored a free kick on the edge of the area.

Athletico Madrid 2-1 Deportivo

images%5Cpictures%5Cplayers%5Cdiego-forlan.jpg

Diego Forlan opened the scoring in the 35th minute when he dribbled straight through Deportivo's defence. Forlan scored again in the 45th minute when Deportivo's defence yet again fell to pot. Diego Godin gifted Deportivo a goal in the 86th minute when he put the ball past his own keeper, but Deportvo did no more and the score stayed 2-1.

Athletico Madrid 3-1 Metalist (Europa League Group Stage)

k.jpg

Metalist were looking the most lively going into the game and that payed of when in the 11th minute Cleiton Xavier scored a magnificent goal, but things got worst for Metalist as just three minutes later Papa Gueye saw red for a two-footed challenge. Simao equalised in the 42nd minute with a superb team goal. Sergio Aguero scored to make it 2-1 and to rub salt into the wounds Simao scored again in the 89th minute to win the game 3-1.

Malaga 0-3 Athletico Madrid

GYI0061822444_crop_450x500.jpg

Sergio Aguero opened the scoring from the spot on the 40th minute mark after he was fouled in the area. Diego Forlan made it 2-0 on the hour mark when he rounded the keeper and passed the ball into an empty net. Jose Antonio Reyes scored what could be his last game as in the week he said he would love to be back in the Premier League in January.

Athletico Madrid 2-0 Sporting (Spanish Cup 5th Round Leg One)

alberto-lora.jpg

Nothing really happened in the first half apart from Alberto Lora saw red for having two yellow cards. In the second half Sergio Aguero scored a magnificent individual goal. Simao then doubled their advantage in the 69th minute and in the 74th minute Sporting were reduced to 9 men as Ivan Hernandez saw red for a two-footed challenge.

Results
343grc6.png

League Table
9iweav.png

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:25 PM ----------

BBC Sport catch up with Everton's Mikel Arteta

Mikel-Arteta-Liverpool-Everton-FA-Cup-Fourth-_1838056.jpg

Mikel Arteta has been seen in and around the Vicente Calderon

BBC Sport : Hello Mikel, how are you today ?

Mikel Arteta: I'm good thanks yourself ?

BBC Sport : I'm good thanks. Okay, You have been at Everton for a while noe and this year they sit in 15th place leading up to January, will you be moving clubs ?

Mikel Arteta : I don't know, don't get me wrong i love Everton as a club but i feel as though i need a move away

BBC Sport : Many Spanish clubs including Barcelona, Athletico Madrid and Valencia are apparently after your signature, do any of them teams appeal to you ?

Mikel Arteta : Umm... Yes, i would like to play for one of those teams one day

BBC Sport : Do you think David Moyes would let you leave ?

Mikel Arteta : I'm not sure, i think he would understand if i do leave

BBC Sport : One final question, which of the three clubs would you like to play for in the future.

Mikel Arteta : I would love to return to my roots at Barcelona but i think i would struggle to get first-team football so maybe Athletico.

BBC Sport : Okay, thank you for your time

Mikel Areteta : It's ok

good update again, arteta would be a great signing. KIU and im betting for you to win the league.

gr8 story and well layed out m8 (H) looks like u had a storming pre season also beating newcastle 2-0 revenge is sweet,also beating barca 3-2 bk in sept,nice one!

Im loving this story, Im backing you to win the title here pal. Arteta would be a great signing for you and would slot right into your midfield. KIU the good work.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I currently have two games on the go and i prefer the one now to my Athletico game, but i will be making updates maybe every 2-3 days.

I will update tonight or tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

January Update
Hughton adds to squad

Kevin-Nolan.jpg

Transfers In

Vasyl Kobin - £2,300,000
Kevin Nolan £5,000,000
Daniel Parejo - £5,000,000
Kara - £2,500,000
Mikel Arteta - £8,250,000
Morgan De Sanctis - £6,000,000
Emmanuel Sani - £16,000

Transfers Out

Jose Antonio Reyes - Manchester United - £13,250,000
Filipe - Chelsea - £7,500,000
Antonio Lopez - Valencia - £2,500,000

Athletico Madrid 2-0 Racing

robert-pires-pic-getty-798646836.jpg

Robert Pires put Athletico 1-0 up in the 43rd minute after a neat move including nearly all of the team. Diego Forlan wrapped up the three points in the 49th minute after he played a neat one-two with Aguero before smashing the ball into the back of the net.

Sporting 0-2 Athletico Madrid (Spanish Cup 5th Round Second Leg)

113MikelArteta_468x247.jpg

Nothing much happened in the first half apart from in the 40th minute when Rafel Sastre saw red for two bookable offences. Mikel Arteta scored on his debut in the 71st minute when he cut in off the left wing and curled one in. Arteta then scored his second just four minutes later in the same fashion.

Hercules 2-5 Athletico Madrid

o_atletico_de_madrid_diego_forlan-1678574.jpg

Diego Forlan got Athletico off to a flyer when he scored in the 5th minute after taking on two defenders before curling one in. Forlan then doubled Athletico's lead in the 20th minute after meeting a Simao cross. Francisco Javier Farinos pulled one back for Hercules in the 27th minute and then he got another in the 30th to level the scores. Forlan wrapped up his hat-trick in the 38th minute when he tapped in an Arteta cross. In the 54th minute Aguero got tugged down in the area and got awarded a penalty, he handed the ball over to Forlan who made not mistakes, Forlan then scored his fifth of the game in the 81st minute to secure the victory. Rodriguez saw red for two yellow cards in the 83rd minute which rubbed salt into wounds.

Real Madrid 3-1 Athletico Madrid (Spanish Cup Quarter Final First Leg)

cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-la-liga-04.jpg

Lassana Diarra opened the scoring in the 17th minute with a super strike from 25 yards out after a lovely through ball from Ronaldo. Diego Forlan equalised in the 27th minute with a similar goal to Diarra's. Marcelo was sent for an early bath when he got sent off for a two-footed challange on Aguero. Kaka put Real Madrid 2-1 up though in the 40th minute with a lovely lobbed effort and Criistiano Ronaldo scored Madrid's third late on in stoppage time in the first half.

Athletico Madrid 2-1 Mallorca

Sergio+Aguero.jpeg

Sergio Aguero opened the scoring in the 20th minute after he rounded the keeper and passed the ball into an empty goal. Aguero scored his and Athletico's second of the game in the 60th minute when he linked well with Forlan before chipping the keeper. Tuni scored for Mallorca in the 72nd minute but it was nothing more than a consolation goal. In the 90th minute Kevin Nolan saw red on his debut after he dangerously took out Tuni.

Athletico Madrid 2-2 Real Madrid (Spanish Cup Quarter Final Second Leg)

real_madrid_gallery__570x400-420x0.jpg

Karim Benzema got Madrid off to a flyer scoring in the 8th minute but that was cancelled out when Kaka scored an own goal in the 47th minute. Simao has been on hot form so far this season and he bagged another goal in the 82nd minute but in injury time Alvaro Dominguez scored an own goal to put Madrid level.

Sporting 0-3 Athletico Madrid

Simao.elmundo.efe.jpg

Sergio Aguero scored a wonder goal in the 8th minute to put Athletico 1-0 up. Aguero then doubled Athletico's advantage in the 59th minute after linking up with Simao and in the 69th minute the two linked up again but this time Simao scored.

Athletico Madrid 3-2 Athletic Bilbao

3718692.jpg

Athletico were off to a dream start when Diego Godin scored on five minutes and then Forlan scored in the 8th , and things got even better as Luis Perea ran from his own half and slotted the ball past a shocked keeper. Pablo Orbaiz pulled one back for Bilbao in the 27th minute and in the 82nd minute when Godin brought down Llorente in the area they were awarded a penalty and Andoni Iraola scored it.

Results
118ir8j.png

League Table
142r4fc.png

looks like your going well(H)
wtf barcelona only conceded 7 goalsoO)

looks like your going well(H)
wtf barcelona only conceded 7 goalsoO)

Haha, yeah now they've conceded 9 and 5 of them are mine (6)

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Hughton rushed into hospital
Is Hughtons managerial career over ?

hospital-bed.gif

Today Athletico Madrid President Enrique Cerezo releases a statement saying that Chris Hughton had been rushed into hospital in the early hours of the morning.

Enrique Cerezo said:
We can confirm that our current manager Chris Hughton has been rushed into hospital. We do not yet know the reason but we have people with him who he is close to. Our Assistant manager Joseph Southern will be taking over first team affairs for the foreseeable future and we would like to wish Chris all the best and we hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Four Four Two caught up with Athletico captain Diego Forlan to see how he feels on the matter.

diego_forlan.jpg

FFT : Hello Diego and thanks for joining us today

DF: It's a pleasure.

FFT: How do you think the squad will react after receiving news that your manager Chris Hughton has been rushed into hospital ?

DF: I think they will be worried for him but Joseph Southern is capable of doing a good job here and we all wish him luck.

FFT: With the January transfer window closing tomorrow, has there been any faces in and around the Vicente Calderon ?

DF: I can't tell you that *Laughs*

FFT: Will you be leaving Athletico as rumours have it that your fine goal scoring record so far this season has attracted interest from Inter Milan and Manchester City?

DF: No. I am staying here at the moment

FFT: You seem to of gelled as a club seeing as there has been a few new faces, which one of the new players are you good friends with ?

DF:: I am friends with all of them really, but if i have to pick one it would be either Robert Pires or Mikel Arteta.

FFT: Okay, thanks again for your time. Goodbye

DF: Thank you.

thebestofatletic_290324.jpg

Forlan is good friends with all of his team

Nice little update there pal. keep it coming ;)

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:41 PM ----------

Whens the next update pal, can wiat, defo one of the best stories around.

Im not sure. Probably tomorrow.

Could do a small one tonight though.

New-Transfer-Deadline-Day-800_2496325.jpg

Hello and welcome to sky sports news. We will be giving hourly updates on todays deadline day transfer deals up to the 6pm deadline.

8am
Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has been seen in and around Celtic Park
Douglas Costa has joined Barcelona from Shakhtar for £12,000,000
Emmanuel Adabayor is set to move to Aston Villa on loan

9am
Kalu Uche has joined Liverpool from Almeria for £5,000,000
Romelu Lukaku has joined Manchester City for £8,500,000
Dari Srna has been seen heading into Manchester

10am
Brede Hangeland has been seen in and around Stamford Bridge
Ronaldinho has been holding talks with Chelsea over a possible loan move
Liam Ridgewell has moved from Birmingham to Fulham for £5,250,000

11am
Gervinho has rejected Real Madrid and moved to Manchester City in a £18,750,000 deal
Manchester City have offered £10,000,000 plus Emmanuel Adabayor for Athletico Madrid's Diego Forlan
Barcelona have offered £40,000,000 to Arsenal for Cesc Fabregas

12pm
Arsenal wan't £70,000,000 for Cesc Fabregas
Samir Nasri has been spotted in Madrid
Andy Carroll has been seen in Manchester

1pm
Ronaldinho rejects a loan move to Chelsea
Emmanuel Adabayor has joined Athletico Madrid on loan
Brede Hangeland has joined Chelsea for £9,250,000

Emmanuel_Adebayor.jpg

Adebayor hopes to make his loan spell in Madrid permanent

2pm
Inter Milan have signed Simon Rolfes from Bayern Leverkusen for £10,250,000
Andrian Mutu want to move back to the Premier League
Antonio Cassano has been seen in Athletico Madrid's training camp

3pm
Andrea Poli has been seen in London
Real Madrid are on the trail of Frank Lampard
Athletico Madrid are on the verge of signing Antonio Cassano

4pm
Carlos Tevez has handed in a transfer request
Michael Carrick may be on the verge of re-signing for Spurs
Robbie Keane has turned down a move to Celtic and may be on his way to Birmingham

5pm
Napoli striker Edison Cavani is unhappy there and wants to move away
Fabio Cannavaro could be on the verge of signing for L.A Galaxy
Landon Donovan has joined CSKA Moscow for £7,500,000

6pm
Leicester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson has failed to bring in David Beckham on loan
Doncaster Rovers striker Billy Sharp is staying at the Keepmoat for the mean time
Arsenal have rejected a £50,000,000 bid from Barcelona for Cesc Fabregas

article-1241587-07CB7EA1000005DC-607_468x417.jpg

Fabregas will be stayng at Arsenal

love the deadline day update.
something new
definitly works
great update

Status
Not open for further replies.