A New Hope - Beautiful possesion football with great results - UPDATED FORMATION

Martino

Reaction score
IMPORTANT!

I have updated the tactic. See post #16
Here's the download link to the new version. It seems to work quite better for me at least.
ANewHope4

So. Got a little tired of all the 3 striker/3 defender tactics, so I played a long time with Mirels 4411 Roma Renaissance(GREAT TACTIC). At some point I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked 'til the original tactic dissapeared, and ended up with this tactic. At first the Regista role was a Libero on a attack, but found out that this worked better.
It's a slow build up tactic with nice passing patterns all the way from the back. Here's the formation.
View attachment 67022

A little info on the player roles

SWK(Sup) - The sweeper keeper is set to distribute to the halfback. Find yourself a keeper who's capable of some passing game. I like a keeper that is good at one on ones, as we play a high defensive line.

BPD(cover) - Find some fast central defenders with good passing abilities. The PPM take the ball out of defense(or whatever it' called in the english version) is a fun one to watch, as the halfback creates room for it. I've retrained defensive midfielders to get some good passers down in defense.

Fullback(att) - This player just needs a lot of pace to bomb up and down the flank. Some defensive stats is to be preferred. PPMs Gets forward whenever possible and maybe hugs line seems to work wonders.
This role can be changed to a wingback support placed in "wingback" slot. It also works well.

INW(Att) - I like this player to be both footed if possible. An important passing option in the build up as he cuts in from the left flank. Havent set on any particular PPMs here.

Halfback - The holding midfielder! Drops deep in the build up and acts as a passing option in defense. I like a good allrounder here with above average ability in
the air. PPMs. Drops deep to get the ball. Switches ball to opposite flank.

Regista - The heart of the team. Find a good passing defensive mid with decent defensive abilities and you'll be fine. I have PPMs Tries killerballs often and dictates play as the key here.

Mezzala(att) - Lies just in front of the regista and finds space in between midfield and attack. PPMs. Places shots, switches ball to opposite flank, tries killerball often, arrives late the area.

Raumdeuter - Gets his fair share of goals. Needs some finishing abilities and off the ball as well. PPMs Cuts inside from left flank. Places shots or shoots with power. Likes to beat the offside trap, moves into channels.

Inside Forward(att). I really like a both footed player in this position, if possible. PPMs. Places shots. Curls ball. Tries first time shots. Runs with ball.

Treq - I am a little unsure if this is the perfect role for the tactic, but have kept it for now. PPMs. Tries killerballs often and places shots. Likes to round keeper.

Here's my progression so far in the league. Have in mind that I have created this tactic during the season, Media predicted 4th I think.
View attachment 67021
Team Instructions
View attachment 67020

If you cant find pacey defenders maybe change the defensive line to normal. If you cant seem to break down the defense, you can try change the width to wide. Sometimes it helps.
I tend to use closing down on central defenders
DOWNLOAD HERE: ANewHope2

Last edited:
I try whit Arminia Biefeld media prediction 11 on bundes 2 :D

Looks like an awesome tactic...unfortunately ive been away with work for a while...can’t wait to see how this tactic works!!!

Looks like an awesome tactic...unfortunately ive been away with work for a while...can’t wait to see how this tactic works!!!

I know the problem, ******* life taking up all the time. Haven’t really had time to play a lot this year, so I haven’t made that many tactics this year. This one has been really good in my save as well as your 4411 tactic, both tactics are fun to watch too which is vital for me.
Havent tested the tactic thoroughly as I don’t have the time, but I’m happy with it for now, but feel free to tweak away.

Last edited:
A bit off topic but, are you planning another WideTargetKillsIt for this year? It was amazing last year!

A bit off topic but, are you planning another WideTargetKillsIt for this year? It was amazing last year!

Thanx mate. Well I tried it briefly when the beta came out but havent revisited it since. Maybe I should at some point? Have you tried using it with the new match engine/update?

Thanx mate. Well I tried it briefly when the beta came out but havent revisited it since. Maybe I should at some point? Have you tried using it with the new match engine/update?

I might try it tonight when I get in from work with my current save. My current team has M.Kean, Dolberg (maybe for the wide target) and Asensio, Bernard and Sane (basically I got these from the transfer list) so I think it would work quite well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird. I'm having amazing results in my save, and my team arent really that good. Have you tried changing d-line to normal and width to wide?

I'm going to try it, then I'll tell you

I might try it tonight when I get in from work with my current save. My current team has M.Kean, Dolberg (maybe for the wide target) and Asensio, Bernard and Sane (basically I got these from the transfer list) so I think it would work quite well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it works okay. I remember that the wide target man needs to be quite fast. Maybe some of the new roles could work in the tactic as well.

I'm going to try it, then I'll tell you

Cool, let me know as I'm sure the tactic can be improved quite alot if only I had the time. This is my current form though.
View attachment 66894

And sometimes I change formation to this but keep all instructions. Putting the regista in the center, and then the halfback drops down on the left side of defense. Works well in the build-up for me at least to shake things up.
View attachment 66893

Last edited:
I have made the first tweak of this tactic. I have changed a few things, moved the regista to the center of the pitch. Changed goalkeeper to sweeper keeper attack. Changed some player instructions as well, and changed to mixed crosses too.
Here's the formation
View attachment 66791

Just beat Zenit 5-0 with a total mediocre team
View attachment 66790

Here's the download link
ANewHope4