Bladesman1963

Reaction score
After trying countless other tactics downloaded from FMBase, with limited success, I decided to create my own!

My aim was to utilise my best player to the max. My best player happened to be an AMC who's best role was Shadow Striker.

The tactic had 3 objectives:

1. Dominate Possession
2. Create CCCs
3. Be very tight defensively

I think the result of all my tinkering and tweaking paid off and resulted in my most successful FM14 tactic to date.

View attachment 437767

Despite not having used it pre-season, it seemed to work well right from the first match I used it in. Here are my results up to Christmas.

View attachment 437762

The results included a fantastic 15 match unbeaten run. As you can see, the tactic concedes very few goals. the last game on the list being the exception.....caused by a sending off after 20 minutes!

Virtually every player in the team has specific instructions. Most of which are self-explanatory.

The Goalkeeper:

View attachment 437753

Full-Backs:

View attachment 437750

Centre-Backs:

View attachment 437747

Defensive Midfielder:

View attachment 437746

The Half-Back has to be my favourite of all the new roles in FM14. He provides defensive insurance for the 2 bombing CWBs whilst also being creative himself. He plays exactlyhow I always wanted a Libero to play, but could never achieve before FM14!

Centre-Midfielders:

View attachment 437745View attachment 437744

Wide Attacking Midfielders:

View attachment 437743

These players are nominally Inside-Forwards, but I have my players set to play in their natural roles. So some games there'll be 2 IFs, in others 2 wingers and in some there'll be a mixture. It seems to work well with whatever combination are used as a variety of chances are created.

Central Attacking Midfielder:

View attachment 437742

I'd love to know whether this tactic could be successful with another team, or whether it's unique to my squad. So please give it a download and test and let me know.

We're 5 points clear at the top of the league table at Christmas. We were predicted to finish 10th, and might still, of course! But it's looking good for automatic promotion at the moment! I sure as **** don't want to have to go through the play offs!

Here's the link for the tactic download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a75l0dzvk8ocxo8/TICK ATTACKER.tac

Good work mate !!! I am also trying to make one same formation tactics . Will give it a go and see

any recommendations for the amc position, im with arsenal, i got $$$

conceded a lot of through ball mate

any recommendations for the amc position, im with arsenal, i got $$$

He needs the key qualities of both an attacking midfielder and a striker. So good passing, finishing, composure, creativity and pace are what to look for. Seeing as how you're Arsenal with mega-bucks you should have no problem finding someone! I dare say Ozil might be quite good there.

conceded a lot of through ball mate

That is a bit of a problem I've noticed too. That's why I have both DCs set to cover and the keeper as a SK. I've also tried to find DCs with good pace, which helps. If you don't have pacey DCs you could always try dropping the DL deeper.
At the end of the day getting the right type of player, rather than making tweaks, would be the preferred option. I still have the best defensive record in the league, just 22 conceded in 27 games, so it does work once it's fluid.

Just want to say thanks haha wow this tactic is so good! Doing the San Marino challenge first season predicted 16th I was doing average, first game with this tactic 4-0 home then 0-3 up at half time second game, I know its early and the tactic isn't fluid but it is so good. :D

Going to test this with Portsmouth. Got 13 games left in League 1, I'll tell you how it goes :)

This tactic has been working pretty well in my Liverpool game. With exception with the first two games. Also not too many tough opponents so far. Didn't create any chances against ManU in the last game but in the other hand they only got 4 half-chances.

View attachment 436853View attachment 436856

Last edited: