ALX2

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to my first ever Football Manager story. Im very excited about this. Im somewhat new to Football Manager and Football in general, but I think this will be a fun ride. Cant wait to see where my career takes me. I know where it will start, and it will start in the North East of England. Newcastle United

newcastle-badge-fm11.png

There will be no editing of any kind. Plan on updating this 24/7. Lots of screen shots. Im glad to take comments and criticism. This is my first ever and will listen to anyone suggestions. I hope you enjoy the story and lets get this going.

Next Update:

Team History, Start of Season Expectations, Team Report and Initial Tactics

History

background.jpg

Information

information.jpg

Start of Season Expectations

expectations.jpg

Note: As you can see I picked Top Half finish. That was the lowest I could choose and I think I can achieve that. Europe will be high hopes, but it never hurts to want big things. Will do my part in managing this team to fulfill these expectations.

My team as of right now. I'll be looking to do a lot of business, buying and selling in this first transfer window. Will be going with Krul at GK, so Ill be looking to move Harper. I can find someone on much lower wages to play on the bench. I think I might go younger and sell Ameobi and Lovenkrands. Will also be trying to get rid of Ryan Taylor's contract once he's healthy. There are much better options I can find.

contracts.jpg

My team report. Im going to bring in a GK to replace Harps. Will need some helps on the Left and right side of the defense. I'll also be putting bids for a few younger strikers to backup Ba and Best. My midfield looks pretty good, I will probably try and find a better Right Winger than Obertan, and bring him off the bench.

report.jpg

My initial tactics before any transfers. This is mainly set up for when Ben Arfa comes back. My hope is that they will be comfortable in the tactic once hes back from injury.

tactics.jpg

Next Update: Transfers and Friendlies.

July

July was a busy month. I brought in 7 players. 2 will be starting right away(Dempsey and Marcel). While I plan to play 4 others on my bench. I spent $37.5m but only $6.75m was payed up front. Here is a breakdown.

Yaya Sanogo - $1m up front - $4m over 48 months
Clint Dempsey - $1.25m up front - $5.25m over 36 months
Cieran Clark - $1m up front - $8m over 48 months
Marcel Schafer - $3m up front - $9.25m over 48 months
Ruben Rochina - $500k up front - $700k over 18 months
Vitinho - $0 up front - $3m over 48 months

Ive sent a few players on loan to get some first team games. Sold Lovenkrands and Williamson and still trying to sell Ameobi, Harper and Ryan Taylor once hes healthy. I was super excited when QPR offered to take Alan Smith off my hands. I have to pay $32,000 a week til next year, but that means that frees up $68,000 in my wage budget.

Transfers
transfers.jpg

More exciting news in the fact the board returned a feeder club verdict. And I gave the recommendation to link up with Watford, and thats exactly what we did.

Watford
iedydw.jpg

Preseason was very good. My team has really grown together. We went undefeated, while drawing only once. We didnt play any heavyweights, but I was just trying to focus on getting match fit and the team learning the tactic. Lets hope this boosts the moral of my team and carries over to the Premier League kickoff, which is coming up fast. We will be taking on Fulham at St James Park.

Friendlies
m7ymu.jpg

Next Update: First game of the year. More August Transfers.

Last edited:
Quick update before the game. Just got $1m offers from Middlesbrough and Leeds for Harper. He will be leaving us. Also got a $2.1m bid for Ameobi from Derby. Sadly he will be leaving Newcastle as well. Some very senior players are making way for a youth movement in Newcastle.

Edit:
Shola rejected Derby and will be with me until January.

August

August was an up and down month. Started off with a draw against Fulham. Then Stoke got a well deserved win. I then blew out Sheffield in the League Cup. I finished the month on a big win against City. Demba Ba scored a rebound goal off a Yohan Cabaye missed penalty to get the game winner. I will be hoping for more results like this in the near future.

Newcastle 1-1 Fulham
Stoke 1-0 Newcastle
Newcastle 5-0 Sheffield United
Newcastle 1-0 Mancehster City

2lsgtbs.jpg

Looks to be a pretty difficult month. Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa in the Premier League. I also will have to travel to White Hart Lane to face off with the Spurs again in the League Cup 3rd Round.

Last edited:
September

September was an overall good month. Got a huge win at Liverpool. Loss to Tottenham at home but then traveled to White Hart Lane to beat them in the League Cup. We drew Sunderland in the League Cup. We finished off the month with a victory against Aston Villa.

Liverpool 2-5 Newcastle
Newcastle 2-3 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-2 Newcastle
Aston Villa 1-3 Newcastle

september.jpg

I mentioned that Liverpool game. It was an amazing showcase for my team. Considering the fact we scored all 5 goals with 10 men. A really inspiring win.

liverpool.jpg

A standout player the first two months would definitely be Jonas Gutierrez. With his 6 goals in 8 appearances he is having a fantastic start to the season. He is really flourishing in this new tactic.

jonas.jpg

Last edited:
October

October was an OK month. My unbeaten streak in the Premier League went to 5 games. But im really disapointed in that QPR draw. They only have 1 point from 10 games so far, and I gave them that point(And wouldnt you know it Mr. Twitter Joey Barton scored the goal for QPR lol). Ben Arfa has come back from injury and scored a goal in his first 2 games. Also lost to Sunderland in the League Cup. Stings a little more because its Sunderland.

Wolves 1-2 Newcastle
QPR 1-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 3-0 Wigan
Sunderland 1-0 Newcastle - League Cup
Newcastle 3-0 Swansea

8wd1dy.jpg

Here is the table at the moment. Everton and Wolves playing pretty good so far. I like my position as of right now, but its still really early.

2u5q1jo.jpg

Last edited:
November

Short month of November. Bitter-sweet one as well. As soon as Yohan Cabaye gets back from a 6 week injury, Clint Dempsey picks up a 5 week injury. Obertan will be asked to step up and take over duties on the right wing. Also, Ive been playing Ruben Rochina much more than Demba Ba recently. Ba hasn't been taking advantage of a lot of the opportunities hes been handed to him by our skill full midfielders. If he keeps this up, he will become a steal for the price I payed.($1.2m)

Norwich 0-3 Newcastle
Newcastle 1-1 Blackburn
Man Utd 3-1 Newcastle

Here are some Player Stats through the first few months. As you can see Jonas and Steven Taylor arent just having stand out years on my squad, but are having great years in the Premier League.

Last edited:
good story so far mate.. great job with the wins at Anfield & White Hart Lane..

I always like a good Newcastle story :D Some great wins there aswell. Some good signings but if you keep doing the monthly installments you are going to ruin your finances.

good story so far mate.. great job with the wins at Anfield & White Hart Lane..

good story, really like what you have done with the results by making a win-green, draw-red, lost-black. Makes easier to read imo

Thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciate it. I will be updating this in a little.

December

Another solid month. Got completely demolished by Arsenal but ended the month with a solid draw against Chelsea.

Newcastle 2-2 Everton
Arsenal 5-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 2-0 Sunderland
West Brom -1-2 Newcastle
Newcastle 2-0 Bolton
Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle

Here is a league table update. Everton still playing out of their mind.

I sent Graham Carr to Brazil to scout U-18s and he came back with some good ones and this guy was pretty good and cheap. ($1.35m) Dont think I will be spending anymore in January. But most likely will be selling a few.

Last edited:
January

Good month besides the game vs City. Ive handled Liverpool this year, outscoring them by 8-2. Im 5th in the league. 4 points from 4th and 4 ahead of 6th.

Fulham 2-1 Newcastle
Huddersfield 1-6 Newcastle - FA
Newcastle 2-0 Stoke
Man City 5-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 1-0 Derby - FA
Newcastle 3-0 Liverpool

I said I wasn't planning on signing anyone else in January besides Charles, but the board injected the club with a $15m budget for January. I payed for all of these guys up front. I decided to stock up on some youth. This is who I bought

$1.35m

$3.5m

$2.7m

$1.6m

Signed for free

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
February

Tottenham 3-2 Newcastle

Newcastle 3-0 Wolves
Sunderland 0-2 Newcastle - FA
Newcastle 2-2 Aston Villa

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Linked up with another club. Crystal Palace was the best of the bunch.

League Table Update. Still holding strong onto 5th. I have a good run of games vs lower opponents. I want to try and make a run at 4th, if anything I want to hold on to 5th. So lets hope.

March

As I said I had an easy schedule up. 4 Premier games against the bottom 4 of the league. I capitalized even with Krul picking up a 3-4 week injury. Had to bring Mike Pollit off the bench. His first action hes seen all year. He started the last 3 games and played very well. Ba also picked up an injury that will keep him out rest of the year, but not too worried about that Ruben Rochina has played great. Luckily for me Man Utd is in the Champions League, so they didnt play a single starter in that FA Cup 6th Round. Arsenal Loss once and drew once this month and allowed me to end the month tied for 4th. Everton in 3rd by 4 points.

Wigan 0-3
Newcastle 4-1 QPR
Man Utd 0-2 Newcastle - FA
Swansea 2-3 Newcastle
Newcastle 3-0 Norwich

Last edited:
April

An amazing month. I really cant believe im this high up in the table. Way exceeding expectations. I find myself in 3rd with 2 games to go. I was happy to see Rooney and other players resting once again for Man Utd. I managed to draw with Everton, then in what most would call a total collapse, Everton lose to QPR 3-1 and gave them their 1st win of the whole season!! I also managed to grab a fantastic win against Arsenal. At this point a Champions League berth is mine to lose. Im still in awe.

Blackburn 1-3 Newcastle
Everton 1-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 3-0 Man Utd
Tottenham 2-3 Newcastle - FA
Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle
Newcastle 1-0 Arsenal
Newcastle 3-1 West Brom

Here is the league table. Im assuming Arsenal wins their final 3 games. Forgot to look who they play. But my final two games are against Bolton and Chelsea. Everton plays Swansea and Norwich. And with my better goal difference I need to win 1 of those games to clinch a trip to the Champions League. But thats if Arsenal wins the rest of their matches. Its still possible myself and Everton could make it to the big time.

Last edited: