dont give him all the credit, he didnt create the guide on youtube a guy called dec did. Yes give him the credit for posting the links but not for the guide.

how do u get the rar file to work on photoshop (H) cos it wont work on mine sum please help :p

You need to use either 7Zip or WinRAR to extract the files into a folder before opening the .psd files.

dont give him all the credit, he didnt create the guide on youtube a guy called dec did. Yes give him the credit for posting the links but not for the guide.

I never said I did create the youtube video? What's your problem :S

Sorry to bump the thread, but I can't get the kits into the game despite following the instructions. Do i need to save it as a config in photoshop?

Sorry to bump the thread, but I can't get the kits into the game despite following the instructions. Do i need to save it as a config in photoshop?

What do you mean 'save it as a config in photoshop'? The config file is a .xml text file. The .xml must be in the same folder as the kits you want to use as replacements. Here is an example config.xml:

Code:
<record>

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>
    <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<list id="maps">
        <record from="yourteam_home"   to="graphics/pictures/team/yourteamID/kits/home"/> 
        <record from="yourteam_away"  to="graphics/pictures/team/yourteamID/kits/away"/>
    </list>
</record>
The first 'your team' section refers to the name of the image file you are using as a replacment (you don't need to include the .png file extension). The second is a number that is your teams ID. Your team ID can be found by turning on 'Show Unique Ids' in Prefrences > Display & Sound - and then by going to your team's squad screen.

Also make sure 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' is ticked - just to be sure.

Hope that helps.

What do you mean 'save it as a config in photoshop'? The config file is a .xml text file. The .xml must be in the same folder as the kits you want to use as replacements. Here is an example config.xml:

Code:
<record>

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>
    <boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<list id="maps">
        <record from="yourteam_home"   to="graphics/pictures/team/yourteamID/kits/home"/> 
        <record from="yourteam_away"  to="graphics/pictures/team/yourteamID/kits/away"/>
    </list>
</record>
The first 'your team' section refers to the name of the image file you are using as a replacment (you don't need to include the .png file extension). The second is a number that is your teams ID. Your team ID can be found by turning on 'Show Unique Ids' in Prefrences > Display & Sound - and then by going to your team's squad screen.

Also make sure 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' is ticked - just to be sure.

Hope that helps.

So i need to make two seperate files then ?

You need to have your kit images saved in .png format. So you will probably have a home and away kit. Then you have the config.xml so that is three files. Four if you have a third kit as well.

You need to have your kit images saved in .png format. So you will probably have a home and away kit. Then you have the config.xml so that is three files. Four if you have a third kit as well.

Ah,right, got it now, thank you very much :)

Good guide mate, but i've got some problems with the links.

Could someone provide me with a download for short-sleeve kit templates? Ones that look nice? Thanks to anyone who can.

Oh dear. You could maybe ask someone to upload the templates to this site?

off topic but will help if people want to continue playing. i have released a update for fm10 with all the latest transfers etc. can be found in the transfer updates section

excellent. very helpful, cheers

Thanks for the credit on the video ¬_¬.

However very nice config tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator: