A Tale of Two Brothers - A Player Story

Matt419

Reaction score
So, I am following the craze now! There are a lot of these already that have sprung up, so I wanted to do something a tad different. Still the same concept, but a tiny bit different.

As as you can probably guess, I'm going to do two players in this. I'll have one start at 15, and one start a few years older. They'll both be at the same club, Stockport County, to start with and then it'll just be seeing how they go from there.

The he main thing I'm going to do with the two "brothers" though is to try and make this into more of a story, so with every update I'll do my best to try and add some story for the two players. Now I might give up on the story aspect if I get lazy and just start posting stats and all that, but I'll do my best.

I'm just making the players now, so I'll have stats and everything very soon. Just using this opening post to outline the premise :)

So, here are our two brothers! Nick and Matthew Harrison!

View attachment 279382

So, this is our 15 year old, currently in the Stockport County U18's. For this one I have given him a CA of 70, and a PA of -9. A bit more than everyone else has done in their player story's.

View attachment 279383

And this is Nick, the older brother. He's 18 and in the main Stockport County team. He has a CA of 85, and a PA of -8.

So with these players, Matthew is the more likely to be the superstar that takes the world by storm in the future, but Nick will start off better and be better in the first few seasons. I'm really looking forward to doing this and seeinng how these players develop. The first proper update will be at the end of December.​

Should be interesting to see how Nick handles the progression as Matthew likely becomes the better player.

Thanks guys. I'll do my best on the story. I'm not an amazing writer, but I'll try my best!

First Few Months

Matthew

View attachment 279305

Nick

View attachment 279304

Story (Matthew's POV)

The first few months of my playing career went incredibly quickly. I love football and I had such an amazing opportunity, at just 15, to play for a proper club, and not just a Sunday League Side or my school team (although i did still play for them as well). I expected to do well in the Under 18's. I knew I was skilled, as did almost every coach I'd had during my time playing football. However, what shocked me was my introduction into the first team.

My father, brother and I had Stockport County season tickets for years. We went to every home game, and some away games if they were during school holidays and all I'd ever dreamed about was playing football properly. With my youth contract, I'd expected that inn a few years, maybe an appearance or two this year. What I did not expect though was 14 starts for the senior squad, scoring seven goals in those games. It was amazing, and I was loving every minute. The only downside was that this increased the rivalry between me and my brother, Nick. This was his first season in the senior squad, and while he was the teams best player this season, he was slightly jealous of the fact that I was three years younger and only started six less games than him.

Something didn't feel right though. I was enjoying my football here, but I knew I was better than this. I knew I wanted to move on. Therefore, when I got offered a new contract over Christmas, I turned it down.

View attachment 279306

(I hope that was ok guys, and not too long. I had to shorten it down a bit or I would've probably written double that :D. But I don't want this to be too much text. I'll do updates every half season so I can keep the story portion as short as possible :))​

Swimming a bit more of this this morning before I have to go. I'll have another update at the end of the season out this evening for anyone who's interested :)

Very interesting spin. Keen to see how things pan out for the boys!

Well, my internet's being dodgy on my laptop so probably won't be able to update today, but I'm going to sim a few seasons and get all the pictures so when my Internet decides to work on my laptop again I'll be able to do a lot of updates over a few days. Stuck using my iPad for Internet right now

End of Season 1

Matthew Harrison

View attachment 278996

Nick Harrison

View attachment 278998

Story (Matthew's POV)
My brother and I were over the moon. We'd both had fantastic seasons, helping Stockport County to the playoffs, and getting promoted from the Vanarama Conference North into the Vanarama Conference. Nick had easily been County's best player this season, with myself not far behind. I was over the moon with my performance. I'd played a lot of games, and really hit my stride after Christmas and finished as the second highest goal scorer in the division.

With the transfer window approaching, I'd been phoned up by the manager. We had a long conversation with him telling me there was a lot of interest from a lot of big clubs in England. None of the top premiership teams, but from a fair few mid to lower table teams like Aston Villa and Crystal Palace, and half the championship wanted me. This conversation left me both over the moon, and terrified. Yes, I'd done well for Stockport. But a premiership or championship team was a big step up.

A few days into the transfer window, and I had offers on the table from 15 different clubs. I was stunned, really stunned. My brother, Nick, was happy for me, but I could tell that he was jealous and perhaps a bit upset. He'd been the teams best player last season, and yet not one offer for him, or even any interest. However, he did his best to help me. In the next few days when I was deciding which club to join, he was there with me through it all and supported me as best he could.

Less than a week after the transfer window opened, I had packed my bags and was on my way to join my new club.

View attachment 278997

(So, there we have it. Matthew secures a move to Stoke City in the premiership, while Nick is stuck at Stockport County still. I'll have story from Nick's POV now in updates since the two brothers are now at different clubs. Expect the next update to cover the whole of next season as not a lot happens)​

Oh, and I just realised I haven't put screenshots of the guys with their attributes. Those will be in the next update now I've remembered :D

Another busy day for me. No update tonight. However, I do have seasons 2 and 3 simmed, so expect a big update with those two seasons tomorrow afternoon :)

Season's 2&3 (Matthew's POV)
(So, a couple of quick things before I get into it. Firstly, I'm covering two seasons because I haven't updated in a while, and I'm away from my laptop until Sunday now. And on that note, this post will only cover Matthew over the two years. As it's covering two seasons, I'm giving each brother their own post, so Nick's will hopefully be this evening, but most likely Sunday :))

View attachment 278240View attachment 278239

View attachment 278242

Story
Arriving in Stoke was both the best and most terrifying time of my life. Terrifying because I was moving to a new place, away from my family and friends. But best because it was a whole new chapter in my life. I'd just signed for a Premier League club! Despite my fear of living in a new place, I fit in quickly. The other lads in the Under 18's were super friendly to me, but my biggest influence was easily Mame Diouf. When I first moved to Stoke he put me up in his house with him, giving me a taste of what it would be like as a premiership footballer. He also mentored me, and was a fantastic friend.

Back to the football itself. As expected, I went straight into the youth teams, playing games for both the Under 18's and Under 21's. I had a solid first season, scoring 23 goals at youth level. I also signed a pre-contract for Stoke City over Christmas.

View attachment 278241

My second season at Stoke was even better than the first. I got my first chance in the first team, and plenty more game time at youth level.

After Christmas, I got my big chance. I was in the starting eleven for Stoke City's home game against QPR in the FA Cup 3rd round. It was my first chance to make an impact on the English football scene.

View attachment 278238

As the result shows, I failed to make that impact. We got absolutely crushed 4-0. I was practically invisible and I just felt deflated. I had messed up. Massively. I actually went back home and cried after that I was that heartbroken. However, Mame Diouf talked to me in training the next day. He told me about how i was only young still. ****, I was only 16. He told me to put my head down and work hard and I'd make it in the first team. Maybe not next season, maybe not even the season after that. But I'd have my chance to prove myself. I put my head down and got back to playing in the youth team.

At the end of another solid season in the youth teams, I turned 17 on July 10th and I got my first professional contract a couple of days after that.

View attachment 278237

I have to say I'm honoured to be labelled as the next Michael Owen, however I do have to say that I hope my career is like his at Liverpool, and it doesn't turn into what happened after he left there.

Season's 2&3 (Nick)

View attachment 277246View attachment 277244
View attachment 277248

Story

There's not a lot to say about my second and third seasons in the Stockport County senior team. I put in two solid seasons, nowhere near the standard of the first season where I was arguably County's best, and most important, player. I felt amazing after that first season. I felt like I would go somewhere with my career. However, I was quickly brought back down to earth. After seeing my brother sign for Stoke, I was more determined than ever to put my head down and get to work. Play well and get that dream transfer, but it didn't come in these two seasons. I just didn't click.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, we were relegated back from the Vanarama Conference to the Vanarama North. After an average season in the conference, I thought this would be my opportunity to perform again and tear up the league. But it wasn't. I played pretty much exactly the same. Solid, but not outstanding.

However, there was an upside. I got a nice new contract and a bit of a wage bump.

View attachment 277247

(I promised Nick's tonight, and I did it. I wanted to write this up earlier and put more detail into it, but alas IRL wouldn't permit me that. Hope this is at least ok and expect season 4 for both brothers tomorrow :))​

This is absolutely fantastic! An Interesting take, definitely keeping an eye out on this!