Barrell_10

Reaction score
Holloway may leave Blackpool

ian-holloway-blackpool-pic-getty-imgaes-85690649.jpg

Holloway after Play Off Victory

Recently promoted Blackpool are under spotlight ahead of the new Premier League season. With pundits already putting bets on Blackpool getting relegated back down to the Championship. This is what Holloway had to say on the situation. "You can't predict what the future of Blackpool Football Club holds just because we have a weaker side and low transfer budget. Our players have the best confidence in the Premier League after our Play Off victory and that's a fact. You cannot say we are going down, it's football anything can happen".

Roll in the Barrell

MysteryManES_228x262.jpg

Unknown manager Sam Barrell told the press he wants the Blackpool job if Holloway decides to leave. Unexperience manager Sam Barrell this to say "I will ignore all these punits and people saying I am unexperience but you have to start somewhere and Blackpool is where I want to start and also finish. I believe I can keep Blackpool in this league".

Holloway would never leave

Blackpool fans and staff are confident that Holloway will not leave Blackpool. "He loves this club and I think we would rather die than leave" quoted the staff. If he is to leave everybody will be devastated but we at Blackpool don't see it happening.

An ordinary day in the life of Sam Barrell setting off to work at 6am. Arrive home, go to bed. But today I felt like a change today I stop at the service station on the way home. I arrive order a coffee to keep me going for the rest of the journey, when suddenly somebody approaches me and says "Must be your lucky day Mr.Barrell". I was thinking to myself what could that mean, so I turn on my laptop search the bbc website but dare I look at the sports section, probably a load of rumours going around speculating me to the Blackpool job. So I click the Sports section then football. Then in huge bold writing Holloway quits football for family. This is my chance I though to myself until I scrolled down to see the possible replacements:

Iain Dowie
Gary Megson

There it was, my name was not there but surely that doesn't mean I won't get the job.​

Tip for you mate, it's looking excellent! however, I can see what happens next. Sam Barell gets the job, and takes over blackpool. This is what so many are doing.. makes your unique buddy, give us a suprise? :) but good writting dude. Keep it up.

Megson Gets Blackpool Job

c_71_article_1137982_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Well I think anybody could of guessed Megson would end up at Blackpool. Blackpool chaiman said this "It's always horrible when a manager leaves but somebody has to replace him and that man is Gary Megson. It's a delight to have such a great manager at Blackpool and we are positive that we will stay in the Premier League with Megson".

Should of seen this happening, again me Sam Barrell is left out in the cold. Maybe Blackpool was not the right move for me surely I can somehow keep my managerial dream alive.

Good twist dude! Loving it. (maybe create a new staff member, named Sam Barrell and make him your assistant manager) I am following!

Good twist dude! Loving it. (maybe create a new staff member, named Sam Barrell and make him your assistant manager) I am following!

I have an idea ;)

Barrell gets his rewards

Sam Barrell may have just got his just rewards, with all the speculation for him to take over from Ian Holloway he has accepted the offer to take over the reserve team.

We caught up with Sam earlier and he had this to say "I know it's not the number 1 position but it is the second best and I am one step closer to the Blackpool job".

Next Update 1st December. Will be a big one

I sit here as assistant manager of Blackpool, but that is not what I want, I want to be centre of attention the driving seat at Blackpool. I want to be the MANAGER of Blackpool Football Club not assistant. There must be a way to get rid of Megson.........

So off I went to see a man about a dog to see if he could do the job.

Megson Murdered

RIP: Gary Megson

Last Night, 13th August 2010, the day before Blackpool's first game of the new season vs Liverpool. Gary Megson was brutually murdered in his own home. This is a big loss for Blackpool Football Club.

Megson dead, brilliant news for me, Sam Barrell. My shot to take over as manager well maybe for at least a week. The Blackpool directors and chairman ask for a meeting in the board room and have this to say:

"Well Sam, you know Gary passed away recently and we obviously have to look for a replacement, but this means you may have a shot depending on the Liverpool result. You have one week to prove yourself".

I thought to myself one week, that Liverpool game is the gateway to my future. I better go make myself known in the role of management.

4 NEW FACES AT BLACKPOOL

Care-taker Sam Barrell has had the permission to make transfers and has the people at Blackpool behind him before their 1st game vs Liverpool.

article-0-0130C6DD00000578-545_306x383.jpg

Ex-Manchester City left back joins Blackpool

Ex-Manchester City left back Michael Ball has joined Blackpool on a free transfer. Sam Barrell said this "It's a delight to bring Michael here. He has the experience our squad needs.

2aa527ba-6adb-4540-8af4-baacfc290cff.jpg

Jordi Gomez to work wonders for Blackpool

Barrell then cashes out on the 2.5mil to capture ex Wigan midfielder Jordi Gomez. Sam Barrell believes he will pay a big part in their campaign in the Premier League.

wolves3.jpg

George Elokobi can't wait to start the new season

Barrell refers to this signing as a bargain. Barrell splashed out 900k for George Elokibi but Barrell believes he is a solid left back and will shape up the defense nicely.

princeb-09102009-1643.jpg

Prince Buaben happy to sign with Blackpool

Blackpool fans question "Who?" when Sam Barrell brought him to Bloomfield Road. "I belive Prince is a great players and will work wonders with Charlie Adam in the centre of midfield,£925k well spent".

Barrell feeling the pressure

I arrive at Bloomfield Road in my Volkwagen Golf knowing what is coming up today. Liverpool, I head straight to the managers office the first time I head in their as MANAGER. I sit their with the list of players to select from and what formation but I knew which formation I would choose and my starting line up.

4-4-1-1

Gilks

Eardly Baptiste Evatt Elokobi

Grandin Buaben Adam Vaughan

Jordi Gomez

Harewood

I step out as the players leave the tunnel and look out at the crowd, they are up for this. I look at my watch it's 2:59pm, count down the last 15 seconds.

15 seconds later......

3:00pm- Blackpool start their Premier League Campaign and Barrell's future just 90 minutes away.

Last edited:
omg you killed megson
YOU *******
on a more serious note good luck with liverpool should be an easy game for you... if you gave torres the same treatment as your boss

omg you killed megson
YOU *******
on a more serious note good luck with liverpool should be an easy game for you... if you gave torres the same treatment as your boss

haha thanks mate. Going to need all the luck I can get.

But seriously going to need followers before I start posting results

good luck mate, I'll be following...
However you could sign some free agents like maresca to gain some extra quality

Anyway, good luck and you have a follower

Megson dead, brilliant news for me, Sam Barrell.

Wow that made my day.

Seeing as i'm a Pool fan i will be following

Made me laugh about Megson :)

Hah, love the Megson thing- his ghost is gonna haunt you.

What was your transfer budget?

haha this is the funniest storyline i have ever heard. brilliant!

OMG
Its bull but ****** mental man
an al be foolowing
keep it up
but less murders LOL

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Glad you like it.

Just had a football game so next update may be tomorrow. Too tired at the moment.

Barclays Premier League Week 1
Blackpool vs Liverpool
Bloomfield Road, Blackpool

3:00pm

I couldn't be more nervous. We needed to do well, not just for Blackpool Football Club but for me Sam Barrell.

3:07pm

Steven Gerrard plays it into Torres' feet, Torres continues into the box, he hits it first time on his left peg and.....

GOOOOAAALLL FERNANDO TORRES

_45554641_torres_getty416.jpg

Blackpool 0-1 Liverpool

Not the start I had in mind, 1-0 down on the 7 minute mark but their is loads of time to respond.

3:15pm

Grandin with the interception, takes it all the way up the pitch. Great ball into Marlon Harewood, he hits it and.....

Crossbar

He hit that with some venom.

Finally were getting somewhere.

3:25pm

Eardly passes to Grandin, Grandin carries it down the wing takes on Fabio Aurelio, low driven cross to the near post, is anyone on the end of it?

YESSSS THERE IT IS DAVID VAUGHAN
Blackpool get their first Premier League goal of the 2010/2011 season at home.
Blackpool-v-Everton-David-Vaughan_2523953.jpg

Blackpool 1-1 Liverpool
Game On.

3:38pm

Lucas with a pass into Torres' feet, Torres skips past Eardly. He hits it!

GOOOOOAAAALLLL FERNANDO TORRES A LOW DRIVE INTO THE BOTTOM CORNER

Torres2DM0209_468x313.jpg

Blackpool 1-2 Liverpool

3:45pm

Half Time

I head to the dressing room, we don't deserve to be losing. This team will go far this season with that 1st half performance.

4:25pm

These last 5 minutes are pure pressure for me.

4:30pm

There it is the full time whistle

Blackpool 1-2 Liverpool

View attachment 118319

The Blackpool players clapped of the pitch, everybody expected we would get a real battering but we stuck at it and pressured them.

There they were waiting for me. Sky Sports, they start to ask me a number of questions:

SS: A 2-1 loss surely this must bring confidence into your side and you have now proven Blackpool are no pushovers?

In the Premier League, there are not games you can go into thinking you have already won before you kick off. You don't want to get ahead of yourselfs and I'm delighted with the lads performance today and hope we can keep it up.

That wen't better than I thought and I now think I am a real contender for this position.