As I walk out of the dressing room, the chairman arrives and he seemed like a very happy man, Well done today you deserve more than being caretaker manager, meet me in the board room tommorow at 8am said the Chairman.

I'll be there I thought to myself. Maybe I will finally get the job?

As I walk out of Bloomfield Road at 6:30pm after the Liverpool game. I start walking to my Volkwagen Golf and I get swarmed with fans waiting for pictures, autographs. I thought to myself this is the life.

The Next Day.....8am

I arrive at Bloomfield Road at 7:30am and wait outside the board room. The Chairman walks past and says come in Sam we have been waiting for you.

The directors look disgusted with me, maybe because I have no managerial experience but the Chairman is in charge and he makes the decisions.

Sam.....after seeing us lose 2-1 to Liverpool I think you are the right man for the job and if we can, we would like to offer you a 2 year contract with Blackpool. I look around and say "Where's the pen?".

I walk out the manager of Blackpool Football Club. I head straight to the managers office to prepare for the next game. I turn the tv on, go straight onto Sky Sports News and sliding across the bottom of the screen is:

BREAKING NEWS: Sam Barrell is the new manager of Blackpool.

I felt warm inside, so I get straight on with my key players, formation.

Next Update: Key Players and formations and results.