A TRANMERE ROVERS STORY/CHALLENGE

• Thread starter Thread starter SVB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 364
  • Views Views 79K
Simply amazing mate! Love what you are doing bringing all of the English youth through when you showed the squad for a second i thought it was the England team you had taken over. Keep it up

Cheers mate ! The only trouble I'm having is finding a decent tactic to help with a title challenge ! I think the squads good enough '! Any ideas :)

Cheers mate ! The only trouble I'm having is finding a decent tactic to help with a title challenge ! I think the squads good enough '! Any ideas :)
The new tactic looks, good i play similar one with Arsenal but have 3 CM's rather than a DMC, what style do you play i like to play control with a lot of midfielders?

The new tactic looks, good i play similar one with Arsenal but have 3 CM's rather than a DMC, what style do you play i like to play control with a lot of midfielders?

I like to play very fluid attacking ! This pentor tactic seems brill the only prob with it is my striker seems to miss loads of CCC's

I like to play very fluid attacking ! This pentor tactic seems brill the only prob with it is my striker seems to miss loads of CCC's
Its looking good how has Sam Byram been for you, i had a chance to sign him on my Arsenal story recently, look at Luke Shaw too at the moment, i like to keep a few english players around the place got a load of regens coming through and still have Wilshere and AOC playing amazing, Ramsey is doing okay to for a welshmen!

Its looking good how has Sam Byram been for you, i had a chance to sign him on my Arsenal story recently, look at Luke Shaw too at the moment, i like to keep a few english players around the place got a load of regens coming through and still have Wilshere and AOC playing amazing, Ramsey is doing okay to for a welshmen!

luke shaws been awesome but byrams been average really Carl Jenkinson performs so much better ! Wilshere and Ramsey in my eyes are probably the 2 best mids on the game !

luke shaws been awesome but byrams been average really Carl Jenkinson performs so much better ! Wilshere and Ramsey in my eyes are probably the 2 best mids on the game !
Shaw for £16million? Hes not on high wages though, just got Sterling for £12 million, i liked Jenkinson and he did play a fair bit in my first 2 seasons but started complaining about being on the subs bench too much, whats Will Hughes looking like

Shaw for £16million? Hes not on high wages though, just got Sterling for £12 million, i liked Jenkinson and he did play a fair bit in my first 2 seasons but started complaining about being on the subs bench too much, whats Will Hughes looking like

£16m for shaws about right he turns into a brill player after a few seasons ! I nearly signed sterling before zaha but he wanted stupid wages ! Tottenham ended up signing him for £18m I think and Hughes moved to arsenal for £28m from Norwich ! I tried to sign him to but he wanted £150k a week :( I'd take a look a Rhys McCabe for your midfield I signed him and sold him and it was the worst mistake I've made his stats are awesome now ! I'm currently trying to resign him :)

View attachment 378616

Tranmere, Season seven, September 2018

View attachment 378617

Burnley scored with their only shot of the game :(

CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP F

View attachment 378618

We dominated the game but just couldnt find the net

View attachment 378619

Q.P.R were well worth the win!

View attachment 378620

A win at last but it wasnt a very convincing performance

View attachment 378621

Both teams walked off with a fair point

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 378622

CAPITAL ONE CUP 4TH ROUND DRAW

View attachment 378623

CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP F TABLE

View attachment 378624

An awful month! Hopefully its just down to the team getting used to the tactic!

View attachment 378645

Tranmere, Season seven, October 2018

CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP F

View attachment 378646

An easy win as expected

View attachment 378648

A game with few chances for both teams

CAPITAL ONE CUP 3RD ROUND

View attachment 378650

A fine win to give us a 4th round tie with Norwich

View attachment 378651

A great win and a fantastic hat-trick from McGuinness

CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP F

View attachment 378654

Celtic were lucky to come away with a point after we dominated most of the match!

View attachment 378655

A great solo goal from Zaha to beat Chelsea who sat in 1st place at the time

CAPITAL ONE CUP 4TH ROUND

View attachment 378647

A penalty miss from former Tranmere player Bartley sends us through to the Quarter finals

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 378656

CAPITAL ONE CUP QUARTER FINAL DRAW

View attachment 378657

View attachment 378658

A better month but we still need to be more consistent in the champions cup to qualify

View attachment 378738

Tranmere, Season seven, November 2018

View attachment 378739

Spurs teach us a lesson on how to put the ball in the back of the net

CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP F

View attachment 378740

Celtic scored then strangled the rest of the game giving us limited opportunities

View attachment 378741

A great way to reply after our loss at Celtic

View attachment 378742

A great diving header from McGuinness at the end stole the points for us

View attachment 378743

Liverpool battered us in this derby simple as

View attachment 378744

Andros Townsend ripped Rovers to bits

CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP F

View attachment 378745

This draw gives us a slight chance of qualifying

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 378746

View attachment 378747

League results are slightly picking up but our Champions cup performances are still woeful! To qualify we have to beat Sparta and hope Marseille beat Celtic

View attachment 378806

Tranmere, Season seven, December 2018

View attachment 378807

A great away win

CAPITAL ONE CUP QUARTER FINAL

View attachment 378808

We made hard work of this game but managed to progress to the semi's

View attachment 378809

3 points gained due to a great defensive display

CHAMPIONS CUP GROUP F

View attachment 378810

The result we wanted and even better as Marseille beat Celtic so we finished 2nd and qualified by the skin of our teeth

View attachment 378811

Wigan actually could of won this game if Butland wasnt on form between the sticks

View attachment 378813

Arsenal were just to good for us

View attachment 378814

A great brace from McGuinness

View attachment 378815

Another fine performance and a clean sheet to go with it

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 378817

CAPITAL ONE CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW

View attachment 378819

View attachment 378820

CHAMPIONS CUP 1ST K.O ROUND DRAW

View attachment 378821

Last edited:
JANUARY 2019 TRANSFER NEWS

View attachment 379000
View attachment 379001

So i broke my policy of only signing British players due to the fact theres a shortage of decent British regens coming through! Rosano was signed from Anderlecht for £10m and Johannsen from Man Utd for £8.75m! Players to have left are Club Captain Jack Rodwell to spurs for £14.25 as he was getting injured every other game so i decided to cash in! And Carl Jenkinson to Newcastle for £5m as his stats started to decline despite playing regular 1st team football

Back