A True Project Klippybo vs Stonecold 2017

th

PLAY-OFFS

So here we are in the play-offs! I went into them a bit more confident as a couple of players were coming back and against the top teams we done not bad during the season - it was the minnows that caused us the biggest problems.

I also received a boost before the play-offs began as I got offered a new contract so it seemed even though I didn't achieve the Championship title and may not even get promoted they wanted me to stay.

So that was nice lol.

--

th

Play-off 1st Leg

Derby County 2 (Ince 11, 52)
Newcastle United 1 (Gayle 10)

Lineup - Sels, Yedlin, Mbemba (Clark), Lascelles, Haidara, Shelvey, Anita, Aarons, Maddison (Mitrovic), Atsu, Gayle

Not great but not a disaster. Unfortunately my injury jinx struck again as Chancel Mbemba got crocked. As you can see in my lineup there was no Knockaert, Ritchie, Lazaar and Diame so we are still down to the bare bones. Gayle put us ahead but Tom Ince (who I pulled out of signing to get Knockaert) struck twice to give them the advantage.

--

th

Play-off 2nd Leg

Newcastle United 1 (Clark 67)
Derby County 0
(Agg 2-2, Newcastle United won 3-1 on penalties)

Lineup - Sels, Yedlin, Clark*, Lascelles, Haidara (Dummett), Shelvey (Colback), Anita, Aarons, Maddison, Atsu, Gayle (Mitrovic)

Through but phew!!! I didn't know that away goals were pointless here and I was pretty ****** off as I was informed that we had a penalty shoot-out to contest. Any Newcastle fan will tell you that our record in shoot-outs in real life is abysmal so I wasn't confident.

In the end we won the shoot-out easily as although Atsu missed, Mitrovic, Colback and Anita scored while they missed two to see us through. Mbemba's injury proved to be a blessing as his replacement, Ciaran Clark, scored our winning goal during play.

--
th

Play-off Final

Newcastle United 4 (Atsu 14, Gayle 45, Ritchie 66, Mitrovic 68)
Wolves 1 (Edwards 67)

Lineup - Sels, Yedlin, Mbemba, Lascelles, Haidara (Dummett), Shelvey, Diame, Aarons*, Knockaert (Ritchie), Atsu, Gayle (Mitrovic)

Up we go!!!! I was fortunate to welcome Mbemba, Knockaert, Diame and Ritchie back into the fold and although they weren't all match fit they had enough in the tank to see off Wolves.

We were all but there at half-time as a rare Atsu goal and a Gayle strike had us in easy street. Then I made 2 subs and within 5min they had both scored and even managed to concede one in a crazy 3min spell. At 4-1 Wolves were never coming back.

Fair play to Rolando Aarons who I just picked ahead of the unfit Ritchie as he set up 2 goals and claimed the man of the match award.

--

So promotion is gained. I haven't been told who my player of the year etc was but I will post a few screenshots of things. I have been given a budget of £48m for next season so I am thinking how I will blow that lol.

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
View attachment 101662

MY PLAYER OF THE YEAR
ALEKSANDAR MITROVIC
View attachment 101661
Jamaal Lascelles was close but I cant not choose a player who scored more goals than he started games!
MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR
ROLANDO AARONS
View attachment 101660
I would say Adam Armstrong as he scored 20 odd goals for Barnsley and is now valued at £6m but he unfortunately wasn't with me. I didn't use too many U21 players so Aarons gets it just for his performance in the play-off final lol.

Well done Klippy!! Look forward to you guys preparing for the BPL and what signings you both make

th

PRE-SEASON AND AUGUST

It has taken a while but finally pre-season and the first month of the season is done. My aim for the summer was to strengthen to get a mid-table side together and have a nice calm season. Hmmm lol.

I think I have done the former but whether the latter happens I don't know. I immediately signed 2 players from Man City, then sold half my team it seemed like and then didn't know how to spend my £60m and then pretty much blew it all lol. So here is what happened....

--

PLAYERS IN

My first 2 signings came from Man City. Patrick Roberts came in on loan and Aaron Mooy arrived for £8.75m Both will be key players this season. I then signed a young Spaniard called Kuki for £8m and he looks decent.
View attachment 101102View attachment 101101View attachment 101100

Then I signed a few regens for a few pittances of fees.....
View attachment 101097View attachment 101096View attachment 101094View attachment 101093View attachment 101092

Then I finally began to splash the cash as I brought in Will Hughes from Derby for £14m and John Brooks from Hertha Berlin for £11m. Hughes will get plenty of games to shine while Brooks looks like a great CB and has started pretty well. I also signed a new keeper, Alphonse Areola, for £2.4m from PSG.
View attachment 101091View attachment 101090View attachment 101087View attachment 101087

Three backups came in before the start of the season as Tomas Kalas came in for £2.5m, Ravel Morrison for £1.5m and Guillermo Varela for £3.4m.
View attachment 101088View attachment 101078View attachment 101077

Finally I brought in a fantastic looking young prospect on loan from Inter Milan, Federico Dimarco and then I signed Vincent Marchetti from Nancy for £7m. That took my spending to £61m.
View attachment 101076View attachment 101075

--

PLAYERS OUT

I raked in £41m. Florian Thauvin to Marseille to £11m, Grant Hanley to Swansea for £8.25m, Henri Saivet to Hoffenheim for £7.25m, Vurnon Anita to Fiorentina for £5.75m and Carl Jenkinson to Borussia MGB for £3m.

Massadio Haidara, Lubomir Satka, Yassin Ben El-Mhani, Stuart Findlay, Rob Elliot and Alex Gilliead were sold for various small fees.

I loaned out Riviere and De Jong for fees and a shed load of youngsters. I also decided to loan out Adam Armstrong but I can recall him.

--

OPENING FIXTURES

View attachment 101074

We started off with a disappointing defeat to Crystal Palace. There were only 2 highlights the whole game - we hit the post and they scored. We then went up against WBA and I accidentally chose a different formation which I found out about when Ritchie was taken off injured. We scored 3 in 20min and I thought why not keep it!!!

Liverpool started the season on fire and we deserved a draw against them but lost by 1 goal. In the cup I played my reserves and lost - meh but then came West Ham and Enner Valencia scored ALL 6 as they humped us well and truly.

So I am very very apprehensive about how things may be. If we drew with West Ham all would be good but our 6-1 defeat leaves me thinking that I could be in for a long season - unless I get sacked!!!

Pre Season 2017

Season Targets
Premiership survival

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 101045
1000/1 for the title and tied favorites for relegation. Newcastle at 151/1 is a insult and a half.

Pre season friendly's
View attachment 101044
We beat Bayern, Drew with Juventus & Gave Gabby Agbonlahor a testimonial not that getting £69k a week in my u23s is enough.

Villa Transfers
View attachment 101043

In

Over £50m spent on a team very much looking towards the future.

Lewis Cook & Jairo Riedewald are two of the best u21 players money can buy so for £25m combined im delighted. Harrison Reed may turn out to be a waste of money. Got him when the bigger names were not intersted so will have to wait and see how he gets on with the other 55 CM's we now have. Lautari Giannetti was the best young CB available at the time and at £5m we'll easy see that back for him.
View attachment 101042View attachment 101041View attachment 101040

Romero & Maroni join then leave on loan till they get work permits, Marco Hugo did get a work permit but will be out on loan while Zach Clough at £1.6m was a move i could not avoid.
View attachment 101039View attachment 101037View attachment 101036View attachment 101034

Bryan Cristante, Lovre Kalinic & Cristian Rodriguez give the team top flight level depth.
View attachment 101033View attachment 101032View attachment 101031

Javi Ontiveros, David Carmona & Callum Gribbin all join with future fee's all being quite large but they have a season to show me there good enough to be long term Villa stars.
View attachment 101030View attachment 101029View attachment 101028

Out
The biggest loss by a mile is Jordan Amavi. He was wanting a move in January but we held onto him hoping for more money in the summer and it worked. Next up Jonathan Kodjia who was terrible in the championship and i grabbed £5.5m to take him off to Germany. James Chester, Carlos Sanchez, Brikir Bjarnason, Leandro Bacuna and Mile Jedinak were all depth chart casualties bringing in another £15m

Starting 11
View attachment 101027
Early Days so plenty could change in this

Other Bits n Bobs
View attachment 101026
Mario Bielsa takes over Chelsea after Conte was sacked. Our challenge to stay up really hits you when you see who the big teams signed

Season so far

View attachment 101025
Its been tough. It was always going to be tough! 2 Late goals earn us our only 2 points and our back up players beat AFC Wimbledon by 1 goal. Im scared for my future too!

Great work in the window boys. Cook for Stonecold and Hughes for Klippy :p both were insane on my Brighton save. Rough start Klippy, sure your'll pull through

th

SEPT-OCT PLUS VILLA GAME

View attachment 100932
Things were pretty bad when I last posted and although things have improved I am still unsure as to how this season will go. After the West Ham game we had a must not lose game against Bournemouth and we lost it!!

Then I called a team meeting before the match against Chelsea and it did the trick as we came from behind to win 2-1 thanks to Dwight Gayle coming off the bench to score both goals. We followed that up with a narrow 1-0 win over Burnley thanks to Yedlin's last minute goal.

We were never going to get anything against Man Utd and Spurs and then came a huge match against Norwich. We managed to win 5-2 but it wasn't easy as we threw away a 2 goal lead but Aaron Mooy scored a screamer of a free kick to set us on our way.

Then the Villa game....

And once again we narrowly lost by 1 goal when we deserved a draw. We took the lead thanks to one of Darrans Argentinian lovechildren scoring an own goal but the Will Hughes responded in kind. He quickly took the lead and so it stayed. Darran immediately said a draw would have been fair which was nice but doesn't add points to the scoreboard unfortunately!

--

Next up we have Arsenal away but after that we have a run of games where we better get 2 or 3 wins or else we will be in big trouble!

View attachment 100931

Autumn

We got through 10 games which included only 1 defeat and a run of 7 wins in 8 games that moves us into the top half after a dire start

View attachment 100909

We started with a moral boosting draw at Anfield before our first win of the season against Tony Pulis's West Brom speeding up his exit from the club. Then we beat West ham in League and Cup. A trip to Stamford bridge brought our only defeat of the night before beating Burnley and Ipswich taking us to the Q/F of the league cup.

Aston Villa 2-1 Newcastle
View attachment 100908
Yes its true in every aspectths game should have been a draw but after they way we lost 3 points to Newcastle in our first Championship game there is no remorse shown.

League Cup Run
View attachment 100907

Premiership Table
View attachment 100906
Our great run see's us up to 18 points, almost half way to safety. Had the Newcastle beat us we would have been tied on 15.

Star Man
Thailses
View attachment 100903
Was not always great in the Championship but has made a stonking start to his Premiership career

This dead?

Of all the days to ask! Were actually away to try fire through to christmas. Times been short for both of us recently. usually when ones free the other is not and the individual saves have been going well.

Of all the days to ask! Were actually away to try fire through to christmas. Times been short for both of us recently. usually when ones free the other is not and the individual saves have been going well.

We tried to fire this up over a week ago but it wasnt working out so we'll be back with a second attempt at a joint save tomorrow