A Winter's Story - The Rise of Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah right. you got any money left for tranfers? Marco Verratti is usually availible for around 200k and can already play in champ... i signed him with my newcastle save his stats were 8 goals and 19 assists in 22 starts. He's looking good for prem in my second season too my best player so far

October Update

October Update

This is unbelievable, still haven't lost in the league all season. This is unreal.

Barnsley (Bogdanovic) 1 - 0 Ipswich
Barnsley gain another home win this time over Ipswich with Daniel Bogdanovic scoring the only goal of the game on the 90th minute.

Doncaster 1 - 2 (Macken, Bostock) Barnsley
Barnsley beat local rivals Doncaster with goals from Jon Macken and John Bostock for Barnsley.

Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 (Wordsworth) Barnsley
Barnsley beat top of the table Notts Forest to go top of the table themselves with Anthony Wordsworth scoring in the 90th minute.

Barnsley (Doyle, Wordsworth) 2 - 1 Bristol City
Barnsley with another home win with Nathan Doyle and Anthony Wordsworth scoring against Bristol City.

Peterborough 0 - 1 (Wordsworth) Barnsley
Barnsley with a brilliant performance to hold off Peterborough and score in the 90th minute.

--------------------------------------

Player of the month
Anthony Wordsworth has got this prestigious award for October with some fine displays in the middle of the park scoring 3 in the process.

News
Barnsley have gained a couple of awards for October. John Bostock got goal of the month and I won the Manager of the month for the second time.

(Hopefully getting the goal of month video up online in next hour)

Last edited:
November Update

November Update

I do not know what to say. Still undefeated in the league. I must have done something right with my tactic.

Barnsley (Da Laet, Hammill) 2 - 0 Sheffield United
Brilliant result against local rivals Sheffield United. Richie Da Laet and Adam Hammill with the goals to see off United.

Barnsley (Hammill) 1 - 0 Cardiff
Adam Hammill with a 85th minute winner against Cardiff in a entertaining match with various chances going to either side.

Plymouth 1 - 2 (Shotton, Hammill) Barnsley
Hard fought victory over a stubborn Plymouth side. Shotton and Hammill gave Barnsley a 2 goal lead but Plymouth got one back on the 88th minute to set up a tense finish.

-------------------------------

News
Adam Hammill was named Young Player of the month for November and got the player of the month from me for his performances and great goals.

I have also claimed Manager of the month for november.

mjmzhy.png

Breaking News
Watford have sacked their manager and want me to take over and I have rejected the offer due to love and passion for Barnley.​

Last edited:
Hi

Im a huge barnsley fan and have statrted many game with barnsley but never done well following you story and the results you,ve had are amazing could i ask what tactic your using and ask if you could post it on the forum keep up the good work

Hi

Im a huge barnsley fan and have statrted many game with barnsley but never done well following you story and the results you,ve had are amazing could i ask what tactic your using and ask if you could post it on the forum keep up the good work

When I am next on my Barnsley save I will show the tactic and what goes on but will be adding for people to download yet as some more tweaks are needed but am waiting to do them until Jan transfer window is closed.

De Laet or Cathcart and Barazite or Gibson

Have had Cathcart. Currently got Da Laet til end of season. Both Barazite and Gibson are already on loan to other clubs. Need a striker now!

Have had Cathcart. Currently got Da Laet til end of season. Both Barazite and Gibson are already on loan to other clubs. Need a striker now!

Try and get Macheda, doing very well for me with the swans, if not try Smolarek, hes an allround good attacker and will come on a free to you :)

December Update

December Update

At all a good month but you will see below.

Blackpool 0 - 1 (Bogdanovic) Barnsley
Daniel Bogdanovic scores Barnsley's only goal of the game for a 1-0 win.

Barnsley (Bogdanovic, Hallfreosson) 2 - 1 Scunthorpe
Barnsley gain 3 hard fought points against Scunthorpe with Bogdanovic and Hallfreosson getting on the score sheet.

Barnsley (Gray) 1 -1 Newcastle
A brilliant display from Barnsley to hold Newcastle to a 1-1 draw at Oakwell with the camera's watching.

Crystal Palace 1 - 2 (Bogdanovic x2) Barnsley
A double blow for Crystal Palace, losing their main striker and losing 2-1 to Barnsley keeps them bottom of the table.

Preston 3 - 2 (Bogdanovic, Macken) Barnsley
First defeat of the season away at Preston. PNE deserved the 3 points in this game as they rode their luck through out.

Barnsley (Gray) 1 - 0 Middlesbrough
Barnsley get back to winning ways and what a result beating Middlesbrough 1-0 at Oakwell. Andy gray getting on the score sheet afer 35 minutes with a peach of a goal from outside the penalty area.

--------------------------

News
Daniel Bogdanovic has been given the player of the month for December with 5 goals which were well deserved.

Ribeiro for defense, Muamba , Matic or M'Villa for midfield, Fleck for striker maybe you could try Tafer of Lafferty, you should check if O'Brien or Nonda are still on free transfer

aw what. My Jan, transfer and feb update is gone.

good story up to now you done 1 thing wrong tho beat wednesday but i suppose it aint hard lol

btw i think it happened to most people yesterday?

good story up to now you done 1 thing wrong tho beat wednesday but i suppose it aint hard lol

btw i think it happened to most people yesterday?

Yea. It is hard to beat Wednesday on there as they signed some good players. But my team has been on form.

For all followers. My next update will be the "End of Season Review". Keep checking for that as it will come some time today.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Also for next season I will be using a different layout presenting the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.