Tough opponent but you can do it my friend ! Best of luck !Also glad to see Ajax reaching so far in the competition. I am always fond of that team !

Tough opponent but you can do it my friend ! Best of luck !Also glad to see Ajax reaching so far in the competition. I am always fond of that team !

Likewise on Ajax, think the vast majority of people respect how they develop players. Shame how the big money from the Premiership especially is destroying there league by nabbing some of there youngsters at 7 or younger before they ever have a chance at the first team

Likewise on Ajax, think the vast majority of people respect how they develop players. Shame how the big money from the Premiership especially is destroying there league by nabbing some of there youngsters at 7 or younger before they ever have a chance at the first team

Could not agree more with you !

Champions League Final 2038

View attachment 79098

Prior to the match Myself and Alan Grangier announce this will be our last match for Aberdeen and will finish the save at the World Cup with Scotland.

View attachment 79097

From Ataturk Olimpiyat Istanbul
View attachment 79096

Aberdeen vs Paris SG
View attachment 79101
View attachment 79100 View attachment 79099

Aberdeen 1-2 Paris SG
View attachment 79095
After dominating the first half this just felt like a game we were never going to win. With only McGregor as our only fit center Midfielder we gave away a penalty which PSG's lone striker Coulibaly struck home and gave them a lead they would hold all the way up till the 89th minute when Emerson made up for giving away the penalty with the equalizing goal that forced extra time. A red card for winger Langdalen made the final 15/45 minutes even tougher and it was only 7 Minutes into extra time that PSG took the lead again and this time they would not loose it. Brought on Grangier at the death to chalk up 1 more appearance to his record smashing career which sadly ends with a 3rd Champions League final defeat in a row

Last edited:
And thats it - end on a loss. There will be so many un answered questions - can Aberdeen continue to dominate now they can buy players again? will your son become a world beater? will Aberdeen ever will another Champs League?

can you holiday a few seasons to see how they do without you?

And thats it - end on a loss. There will be so many un answered questions - can Aberdeen continue to dominate now they can buy players again? will your son become a world beater? will Aberdeen ever will another Champs League?

can you holiday a few seasons to see how they do without you?

I usually hate doing that but in this example i cant resist. Will keep the save as if there is ever a old save i'll come back to in the future it would be this one. I'm expecting FM18 to be my last serious go at the game as real life catches up, 2 kids and 50 hour weeks by then will leave little or no time for the game so although nothing set in stone i can see myself coming back to this save and playing it again but we'll see what FM18 and the World Cup brings first i guess

I usually hate doing that but in this example i cant resist. Will keep the save as if there is ever a old save i'll come back to in the future it would be this one. I'm expecting FM18 to be my last serious go at the game as real life catches up, 2 kids and 50 hour weeks by then will leave little or no time for the game so although nothing set in stone i can see myself coming back to this save and playing it again but we'll see what FM18 and the World Cup brings first i guess

I fully understand you my friend. Real life obligations are far more important. Hope you will have the time of your life with your kids and who knows maybe they will become even better managers than you ha ha ha !!

Last edited:
Also guys anything you want to see in the final post or in the holiday post just post it here and we'll see if i can through it in

World Cup 2038

Scotland Squad
View attachment 78527
My last ever squad see's 3 players over 100 caps and 12 player over 50 caps making a very experienced squad

Warm up games
View attachment 78526
Two matches in South America and we could not find a win in either but we did sort out some players that were in dreadful shape

Group E

Match 1
Scotland 2-1 Uruguay
View attachment 78525
This game totally came to life in the past 5 minutes of the first half as Uruguay took there first real chance to take the lead but only 3 minutes later they had given away a penalty and had a man sent off. Connolly finally brought the game level after a moment of arguments. Despite our advantage only Ian McLaughlin could add to our tally but it was enough to go top as the USA and Belgium drew 1-1

Match 2
USA 0-2 Scotland
View attachment 78523
We controlled the game from kick off and the 2 goal lead and a foot in the last 16 was the least we deserved at half time. We'll play a back up side in the final game as altitude is destroying the teams fitness

Match 3
Belgium 0-2 Scotland
View attachment 78522
Even our back up 11 was to good for Belgium which will really hurt our more frequent of rivals as had they won they would have joined us in the Last 16 ahead of USA who fought from behind and aided by a 89th minute penalty nabbed 2nd spot

Last 16 draw
Scotland vs Czech Republic
View attachment 78521
Just like the last Euro's we'll need to get a better result or my career is over

World Cup
Last 16

Scotland vs Czech Republic
View attachment 78509 View attachment 78508

Scotland 3-0 Czech Republic
View attachment 78507
This is how it should have gone down 2 years ago. Once again we dominated the match and this time we got the win we deserved

Results
Spain, Brazil & Argentina all fall out at this stage, Only Spain could be considered a shock

Quarter Finals
Scotland vs Croatia
View attachment 78506
The draw looks like its been fair but Turkey was all we could handle and more and the Croats beat them. Nice to keep England and Portugal at the other side of the draw too

World Cup
Quarter Finals

Scotland vs Croatia
View attachment 78505 View attachment 78504
Our first ever meeting, hopefully not our last game

Scotland 2-0 Croatia
View attachment 78503
Just like the game with the Czech's and USA we were the better team out of the blocks and turned our early ddomination into goals with 2 inside the first 5 minutes. We slowly became more and more defensive shutting the game down to try and save some energy for the pending semi final

Results
View attachment 78502
Plenty other upsets as Colombia knock out Holland as Italy miracle run seen them take out England. Next up they face defending champions Portugal.

Scotland vs Columbia
Meanwhile we get lucky again and face the last remaining South American

World Cup
Semi Finals

Colombia vs Scotland

View attachment 78500 View attachment 78499
Our first competitive game against Columbia who stand in the way of our 3rd World Cup final in a row

Colombia 3-2 Scotland
View attachment 78501
The picture says it all. Nothing would split us for 120 minutes but as Columbia attacked on the 121st minute i seen my carear slide away through my finger. A brave effort but i think they did a better job protecting there players, or maybe there just used to playing on the moon. They will play Italy in the final

Final Post

So this is the end. After 22 years or whole calendar year in the Aberdeen & Scotland hot seat its time to move on to FM18. As always with Aberdeen it was a great save even if the SPL became a walk over every season the challenge to fight in Europe was always there with PSG, Atletico & Barcelona usually offering the most resistance.

Im not the only one calling it a day as a player who won almost every trophy with me also calls it a day

Alan Granger 928 games for Aberdeen 131 for Scotland
View attachment 78497

My total career stats
View attachment 78498

Save Records

Aberdeen Top 10 all time appearances
1 Alan Grangier 928
2 Willie Miller 797
3 Matthias Klein 697
4 Alex McLeish 693
5 Bobby Clark 595
6 Stewart McKimmie 559
7 Jose Henrique 554
8 Lee Chalmers 538
9 Jim Leighton 535
10 Ali Msakni 498

Aberdeen Top 10 all time Goal Scorers
1. Matthias Klein 668
2. Ross Douglas 273

3. HARPER, Joe 205
4 Stelios Tsaousakis 241
5 Federico Lopez 185
6 ARMSTRONG, Matt 155
7 HAMILTON, George 153
8 Jose Henrique 150
9 Cosmin Manea 182
10 Matheus Micael 149

Scotland Top 10 all time appearances
1 Jack Connolly 159
2 Lee Chalmers 143
3 Ben McIlroy 141
4 Callum Dickson 131
5 Alan Granger 131
6 Darren Fletcher 120
7 Andrew Robertson 119
8 Martin Neil 117
9 Callum Paterson 114
10 Oliver Burke 108

Scotland Top 10 all time goal scorers
1 Jack Connolly 122
2 Leigh Griffiths 63
3 Ross Douglas 56
4 Oli Burke 34
5 Denis Law 30
6 Kenny Dalglish 30
7 Adam Frizzell 25
8 Hughie Gallacher 23
9 Laurie Reilly 22
10 Ian McLaughlin 20

-----Aberdeen Running Trophy Count-----
20* SPL
20* Scottish League Cup
18* Scottish Cup
3* Champions League
3* World Club Cup

----- Aberdeen European Efforts-----
Europa League group 3rd - 2016/17
Europa League Q/F - 2017/18
Europa League Last 32 - 2018/19
Champions League S/F - 2019/20
Champions League Group Phase - 2020/21
Champions League Q/F - 2021/22
Champions League Last 16 - 2022/23
Champions League Q/F - 2023/24
Champions League Last 16 - 2024/25
Champions League Q/F - 2025/26
Champions League winner - 2026/27
Champions League Last 16 - 2027/28
Champions League winner - 2028/29
Champions League Last 16 - 2029/30
Champions League Q/F - 2030/31
Champions League winner - 2031/32
Champions League Q/F - 2032/33
Champions League Runner Ups - 2033/34
Champions League Runner Ups - 2034/35
Champions League Q/F - 2035/36
Champions League Q/F - 2036/37
Champions League Runner Ups - 2037/38

-----Scotland History-----
World Cup 2018 2nd Round
Euro 2020 2nd Round
World Cup 2022 - Failed to Qualify
Euro 2024 2nd Round
World Cup 2026 - Semi Finals
Euro 2028 Group Phase
World Cup 2030 - Runner Ups
Euro 2032 - Semi Finals
International League 2033 - Runner Up
World Cup 2034 - Runner Ups
Euro 2036 2nd Round
International League 2037 - Winners
World Cup 2038 - Semi Finals

****** Finally feel free to check out my Fm18 save **********

Last edited:
It has been an amazing journey my friend !!! Best of luck in FM18 !!