Reaction score
Hello guys, today i am about to start to play this game and show to you lads the club i hold dearly to my heart, Aberdeen FC.. Aberdeen founded in 1903 was a huge club in the 80's, winning the Cup Winners Cup and the Super Cup. However over the last 17 years Aberdeen haven't won a single piece of Silverware since the Scottish Cup. I, however intend to end these years of misery and make our trophy cabinet something to be proud of.

I have a number of achievements i wish to surpass:
1. Win the Premier League in 3 seasons. (pending)
2. Win a Domestic trophy within 2 seasons. (pending)
3. Qualify for European competition within first season. (pending)
4. Don't get embarrassed in our European dreams.

I hope those that read this shall love it and understand how much it would mean for myself, A don till i die, to topple the giants that are Glasgow Celtic.

Pre Season - September

Pre Season
I started off my career at Aberdeen by selling/loaning out players. A few players who i felt were of no use to me were sold to help balance the books so to speak. (all my deals/sales were made during the Pre Season.)
View attachment 372166
(I'm not sure how to make it bigger)
Connor Clifford (previously at Chelski) was snapped up on a free transfer alongside Jari Litmanen who is a former Liverpool man. We have also offered a contract to Houston Dynamo's Andy Moffat and will be joining us by the 2nd of January (the day of the new firm derby if i remember, which i should as i went to Dundee for the game...)

Friendlies went relatively well. Humped lower league sides then participated in a friendly cup, losing 4-1 to Union Berlin which i was absolutely furious at. However the lads bounced back straight after beating Inter 3-2 and taking 3rd place in the cup with Union Berlin beating Wolves 1-0 in the Final.

View attachment 372174

We are now ready for the season!

Season Beginnings

Celtic vs Aberdeen

We begin the season with unarguably the hardest game of the season with a trip to Glasgow Celtic. Fraser Forster had a mahusive c*ck up within the first minute to give us our dream start. Robert Milsom then sent the Aberdeen faithful into pandemonium with a well taken shot on the edge of the box. Lasaad then pegged on back in the 38th minute. Then a horrifying challenge from Reynolds granted Celtic a chance to equalize. I was absolutely fuming at half time and told the boys how it was! unfortunately we could no longer take on Celtic and had to sit back. On the 80th minute the mink Charlie Mulgrew was sent off due to a horrifying challenge however we could not peg them back and the game came to a close.

Celtic 2-2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen vs Ross County

We kicked off home action with a newly promoted Ross County. We completely stomped them and chance after chance came about. Niall McGinn set us off to an absolute flyer, scoring on the fifth minute, Ross County scored however it was controversially chalked off for a foul. We completely dominated possession and had Ross County at our mercy, however we couldn't find the net until the 90th minute where once again Niall McGinn had scored after Clifford smashed a piledriving shot off the bar leaving him with the goal at his mercy.

Aberdeen 2-0 Ross County

St Johnstone vs Aberdeen

A tough game at McDiarmid Park. Not many chances, not many shots, even less on target it took to just before half time before Jonny Hayes rifled in a free kick straight into the top corner. Another boring half until the 84th minute where Scott Vernon added his 2nd League Goal of the season with a great bit of skill and composure slotting it under the keeper and into the bottom corner of the net.

St Johnstone 0-2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen vs Hearts

Easily one of the toughest games of the season. Aberdeen vs Hearts will be the decider of 2nd place, fortunately, the opening game between us two will be in front of a sea of red rather than maroon.

I was extremely worried starting this game as John Sutton had been firing all cylinders this season scoring all 4 of Hearts goals this season, and having them with 3 consecutive clean sheets filled me with even more confidence (sarcasm) after a number of shots from the maroon end i was thinking a cricket scoreline would have on the cards however inconsistency in shots - on target ratio was shocking. During half time i turned on the hair dryer and evidently it had changed the game. Shots coming from red shirts from all angles, beginning to take a foothold in the game. by the 70th minute up stepped Robert Milsom to slot home sending the Aberdeen crowd into raptures. I made the team sit back and hold out the game to the final whistle.

Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts

East Fife vs Aberdeen

To put it simply. Complete domination. shots, shots, shots. found ourselves 3-0 up then somehow conceeded one after an incisive East Fife breakaway Scott Vernon with 2 and Russell Anderson grabbed his first goal since his fantastic Aberdeen return

East Fife 1-3 Aberdeen

So the month ends with us sitting top of the table!

View attachment 372236

Thanks for reading. Any tips will be taken into account! I will make a new update come January 1st. :)

Ignore the attached thumbnail, i was merely testing something.​

Last edited:
Great start dude. Avoiding defeat to Celtic is a good sign you've got it right straight off the bat. Hope you have all the success

thanks mate, much appreciated your comment! is the update too large or is it fine?

I think you can never have to much content to your story. All comes down to how much time and effort you want to put in Vs how fast and far you want to get through the save.

September - January

(this update will be a less in depth analysis as it is longer than the previous one)

Aberdeen 0-0 St Mirren

We played sh*te. Lucky to have a point.

Inverness CT 0-2 Aberdeen
Vernon, Litmanen

A solid defensive performance gave us the three points alongside some clinical finishing in the 2nd half of the match.

Aberdeen 3-0 Motherwell
Hayes, McGinn, Rae

Great performance we might not have had as many shots as the Steelmen but most of theirs were long ranged and inaccurate. Hayes nipped in his first with a fantastic free kick (winning Goal of the Month) and then McGinn popping up with a tap in straight off the bat once the 2nd half got underway. and Rae popped up in the 79th minute to put the game beyond doubt.
Ross County 0-3 Aberdeen
Litmanen (2) Hayes

Domination. Simple
Aberdeen 3-1 Hibernian
Scott Vernon (2), Hughes

fantastic counter attacking display. Hibernian have always been my bogey team, alongside St Mirren, brought us back from the dead after being pummelled by the Hibees, Vernon carried us through this game scoring the equalizer, the winner and setting up the consolidator.
Kilmarnock 2-1 Aberdeen
Vernon

Was 1-0 up at half time, went to entertain my sister for 20 minutes, came back and this result came along. First loss of the season and i'm gutted it was against a team as poor as kilmarnock.

Dundee Utd 0-3 Aberdeen
o.g Vernon Pawlett

Completely took the game to our rivals and made them look ridiculous, especially as old Jackie was ripping into our squad, telling us we weren't good enough, have that Jack.

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee
Vernon (2)

The Dundee clubs can basque in my glory. confirming that we are the dominant being to our closest rivals.

Aberdeen 1-0 Dundee Utd (SLC)
Smith
Jack must want to hang himself after we beat his side one more time, this time in the 88th minute Cammy Smith propped up to score just inside the 6 yard box.

Ross County 0-1 Aberdeen
Vernon

Looking less and less convincing. Vernon's 4th minute strike was the only thing separating the clubs in Dingwall.

St Mirren 2-1 Aberdeen
Litmanen

Shocking performance, never really in the game.

Aberdeen 1-2 Celtic
Hayes

After going 1-0 up in 10 minutes i was expecting a comfortable win on our hands.. However Gary 'OP' Hooper bagged his goal (as always in this game) and Brown scored a penalty which in the Post Match Analysis deemed it to be a fair challenge!

Hibernian 1-4 Aberdeen
Pawlett (2) Vernon (2)

Unbelievable! i never normally beat these clowns and i've trounced them on 2 occasions now as we came back roaring after somehow going 1-0 down.

Aberdeen 2-0 Inverness

Hayes, Considine

We weren't convincing, however e were victorious. A fantastic free kick by Hayes in the 4th minute opened the scoring then right at the death Inverness' corner went to considine and with the keeper up to try and save a point he blasted it in from 60 yards!
​Keith 0-2 Aberdeen
Considine, Vernon

Not really worth commenting on..

Hearts 1-3 Aberdeen (OMG)
McGinn Vernon Hayes

Again after going 1-0 down to an Edinburgh side we come back roaring and put their defence to the sword. I was ecstatic about this result as this possibly guarantees us 2nd place as that put us 13 points ahead of Hearts.

Aberdeen 3-0 Kilmarnock
Smith (2) Hayes

Smith bitched and moaned about not starting and after that performance i will not ***** and moan about his ******** and moaning! scored twice in the 1st half alongside Hayes to give us a clear victory.

Aberdeen 2-1 St Johnstone

Hayes, Smith

Furious after going 1-0 down and it took us till the Saints were brought down to 10 men and that's when the game turned on its head with Smith scoring a 76th minute winner.

Motherwell 1-2 Aberdeen
Vernon, Smith

Smith continues his fantastic form by scoring the winner yet again by putting us 2-0 up, Scott Vernon had opened the scoring.

Dundee 0-3 Aberdeen
Hayes (2) Vernon

Dundee must have a target on my back now, and possibly a bounty on our head!

Transfer News

Andy Moffat from Houston Dynamo has now joined us on a free transfer alongside Mitch Hancox formerly a Birmingham man.

View attachment 372710

WE'RE STILL TOP!!! However i don't think for much longer.. Celtic have a more in depth squad than myself so i can see a few losses and defeats coming up now that the season will begin to congest! But being 5 points clear at this stage of the season is what i did in my own personal save (of which i am in my 3rd season and 15 points at the top) and we finished the season around 13 points behind the green and white hoops. I do not expect to win the title but i do want to remain competitive for the title this season, hopefully within 8 points of Celtic.

Once January has ended i will post my next update :)

P.S sorry for random font changes/text sizes, this is rather buggy...

January Transfer Window

Transfers

On top of the addition of Moffat and Hancox i decided i would fill a temporary starting goalkeeper due to Langfield's age and signed Lukasz Zaluska on a free transfer. Although he himself is not young for a player, being 30, he will be a decent enough starter and hopefully would be warmly accepted by the Aberdeen faithful despite being a former Dundee Utd man.

Results

Inverness CT 0-0 Aberdeen

*sigh* i had so many chances that it was absolutely ridiculous! we should have been at least 5-0 up by half time. We hit the post around 3 times and the bar twice. I was so frustrated as that gave Celtic a chance to close the gap (which they did after beating St Johnstone 2-3 in Perth).

Aberdeen 1-0 Hibernian
Vernon
Another almost cryable game. Chance after chance after f***ing chance and we couldn't hit the net. fortunately once we turned from attack to overload the breakthrough came through after Clark Robertson hit the post with a fierce volley which allowed Vernon to score a tap in putting us 1-0 and giving us the 3 points.

That's all for this update, not as eventful as i'd had hoped, but nevertheless. My next update will be either an end of season review or a League Cup Final match (depending on if we can beat Celtic at Hampden)

Hope you lads enjoyed, and i shall write back later :)

Last edited:
Going well

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with a 2-0 in the SLC Semi's there will be an Aberdeen vs St Mirren SLC Final match! can we lift our first trophy in 17 years or will it be another failure?

February - SLC Final

Aberdeen 2-0 Partick Thistle (SC)
o.g, Clifford (Pen)

We won this game as planned. However it did take us until the 63rd minute where a Thistle player had the shame of putting the ball in his own net. Clifford then scored from the spot in the 90th minute to seal the deal. disappointing result to say the least (regarding the o.g and penalty being our only means of scoring)

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic (SLC)
Hayes, Clifford

Jesus i've not been so proud of my team. From the word go we were taking them by the scruff of the neck and dragged them through dog sh*t. Hayes with a 79th minute free kick and Clifford with a piledriving effort into the bottom right hand corner of the net booked us into the Scottish League Cup Final!

Aberdeen 1-0 St Mirren
Pawlett

Our next opponents are our SLC fellow finalists. The game was ridiculously close. But a moment of magic from Peter Pawlett who skinned two players before rounding the keeper and giving us all 3 points this time. Could this be a result that shows a glimpse of the future?

Aberdeen 3-1 Dundee
Milsom (3)

In a game where the most unlikely scorer would not stop scoring! it took him 30 minutes to wrap up a hattrick against a poor Dundee side. I don't think we have dropped a point against any of the Dundee sides this season...

St Johnstone 2-1 Aberdeen
Anderson

Today wasn't our day as a last minute strike gave the Perth side the 3 points. This featured something well out of the ordinary. Not only did Anderson score, he scored an audacious effort from 30 yards on the volley!

Kilmarnock 0-0 Aberdeen

Poor.

Aberdeen 2-0 Ross County
Pawlett, Considine

Again we can't say e were good but Ross County were so bad that we managed to easily dispatch them. Pawlett and Considine with 2 first half goals sealed the deal.
Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic (SC)
o.g, Robertson

We booked our tickets to Hampden one more time by beating Celtic at Pittodrie, With Forster missing the replacement keeper suffered the indignity of putting the ball in his own net in the 69th minute. Robertson doubled our lead 10 minutes later with a tap-in after Cammy Smith rattled the bar.

Aberdeen 1-0 Motherwell
Milsom

Milsom always seems to score when other can not! scoring half way through the first half to give us the 3 points. A point at Celtic Park will guarantee Europa League next season.

Celtic 1-3 Aberdeen
Reynolds, Osbourne, Smith

JJBFPAUWIEBGIUSEJBRHLJTRBFOBKNITOKNGJ;BDIOFKNBLJDSRBG;SODKFNBLSRTJNHB;SDZKNB;LDKRNH;DKLXFNMB;DF WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I genuinely expected to get hammered and for Celtic to move within a point of us however 2 goals just before Half Time brought us 2-1 up. Wonderkid Cammy Smith picked up the ball and finished emphatically to effectively end Celtic title hopes

THE RED ERA IS UPON US

SLC Final

Aberdeen vs St Mirren

I am so excited for this match. I could potentially bring back the first trophy Aberdeen have in 17 years. I can't wait to get this game underway.

00:00 Kick off
45:00 ****** all happened.
55:00 Aberdeen 0-1 St Mirren Paul McGowan
60:00 Isaac Osbourne - missed penalty. If we lose guess who's losing a weeks wages?
90:00 Full Time

Aberdeen 0-1 St Mirren

Guess who lost two weeks wages? yes, the man who couldn't step up and put the ball in the net. Easily the man responsible for our loss, 5.8 rating on top of a missed penalty? he's lucky he's still up with the first team! I'm normally that guy who would drop someone because they played horrible!!!!

1. Doing extremely well with what is, lets face it, a crappy squad and with limited means!
2. Shame about the St Mirren result but: a) Im pretty sure FM13 ups the difficulty level a notch in cup matches AND b) Generally speaking if you go past the 25th minute without creating anything or the 45th without leading chances are you are unlikely to win. So you need to chang/tweak your tactics.

****** St Mirren! Never mind! Im sure this will be the 1st final of many. Excellent work in the league!

1. Doing extremely well with what is, lets face it, a crappy squad and with limited means!
2. Shame about the St Mirren result but: a) Im pretty sure FM13 ups the difficulty level a notch in cup matches AND b) Generally speaking if you go past the 25th minute without creating anything or the 45th without leading chances are you are unlikely to win. So you need to chang/tweak your tactics.

I don't think it's so much that i need my tactics tweaked.. This game seems to have it in mind that St Mirren are better than Celtic when it comes to playing Aberdeen haha.. I never used my attacking tactic for that reason which is probably why i lost.. but if something else like that happens i will be looking to change it up a little :p

****** St Mirren! Never mind! Im sure this will be the 1st final of many. Excellent work in the league!
haha you know it mate! i think i found what has won us the league.. Celtic got through to the knockouts of the Champs League leading them to rest players and subsequently drop points.. i would easily say they'd have won the league if they had come bottom of their group...

I don't think it's so much that i need my tactics tweaked.. This game seems to have it in mind that St Mirren are better than Celtic when it comes to playing Aberdeen haha.. I never used my attacking tactic for that reason which is probably why i lost.. but if something else like that happens i will be looking to change it up a little :p

Not saying necessarily you have to start tweaking. But esp in cup matches weird stuff happens - to the extend that nowadays when I have cup matches I rotate in the league match immediately before them!

Not saying necessarily you have to start tweaking. But esp in cup matches weird stuff happens - to the extend that nowadays when I have cup matches I rotate in the league match immediately before them!

Good idea mate, i'm starting to hit the standard 1st season slump at the end.. usually happens to me before now.. takes a few season (when my squad gets some more depth in it) before we are solid all through the season :p

SLC Final - SC Final

Aberdeen 4-0 Hearts
Moffat Hancox Hayes (2)

The team i expected to be our closest rivals for 2nd was easily dispatched of, Hearts never had a shot on target and we held 67% of the match possession, the Hearts manager was imminently sacked.

Dundee Utd 1-3 Aberdeen
Pawlett Hayes Smith

Again we trounced a Dundee side. I'm pretty sure every man in Dundee have set a 5 grand bounty on my head! Smith continued his rise to stardom with another goal.

Morton 0-5 Aberdeen (SC Semi)
Hayes Litmanen Smith (3)

Smith once again shows his quality with a match ball scoring against a Morton side that has tremendously over achieved in this competition. Litmanen sealed one more season with the dons making his 15th appearance and triggering his clause to make him a don until 2014.

Aberdeen 3-1 Hibernian
Milsom (2) Moffat

3 first half goals sealed the deal, Griffiths injured for the rest of the season thanks to Moffat. What a hero! (I really hate Griffiths haha, think he's a horrible person and extremely over rated!!!!) once again we dominated the possession.

St Mirren 0-0 Aberdeen

Fortunately Celtic also drawn in this **** poor performance, last time Langfield played in goals this season, he may have kept a clean sheet but somehow St Mirren couldn't capitalize on the two calamitous errors he made.

Aberdeen 0-0 Celtic

CHAMPIONS!!! I instructed the lads to sit back for this game as Gary 'OP' Hooper had returned from injury, Ledley was sent off in the 90th minute so i guess he must have succumbed to frustration.

THIS IS ABERDEEN'S FIRST SPL TITLE IN 28 YEARS!

Inverness CT 1-4 Aberdeen
Milsom Smith Vernon Robertson

Standard performance from our now champions, easily dispatching a poor Inverness side. Smith picked up and injury and is out for the remainder of the season, Vernon came on to score his first goal in FIFTEEN HOURS since his last one!

Hearts 0-2 Aberdeen
Vernon Hayes

The last game of the SPL featured a horror challenge by one of the Hearts Center Halves, giving him an instant red card and injuring Moffat for the rest of the season. we were 2-0 up and just controlled the rest of the game.

Aberdeen vs Falkirk (SC Final)

Our 2nd Final of this season. With no Smith or Moffat this might be harder than it should be.

00:00 - Kick off
05:00 - Aberdeen 1-0 Falkirk - Scott Vernon rifles in a shot from the edge of the box to draw first blood and to put Aberdeen up 1-0.
25:00 - Aberdeen 2-0 Falkirk - Andrew Considine towers over his opposite number to crash a header in off the post to double the Dons lead.
33:00 - Aberdeen 3-0 Falkirk - Jonny Hayes picked up on a fantastic 30 yard pass by Vernon, took on two players before rifling the ball into the back of the net and putting the Dons on cruise control.
45:00 Half Time
71:00 - Aberdeen 4-0 Falkirk - Scott Vernon hits one on the volley after a fantastic ball in from Hancox evades the whole Falkirk team.
90:00 Full Time - Aberdeen 4-0 Falkirk

WE HAVE DONE THE DOUBLE!!!

PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD

JOHNEY HAYES (ABERDEEN)

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

GEORGIAS SAMARAS (CELTIC)

FW PLAYER OF THE YEAR

ROBERT MILSOM (ABERDEEN)

U-19 PLAYER OF THE YEAR

CALLUM PATERSON (HEARTS)

FW YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

DENIS PRYCHYNENKO (HEARTS)

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON

JOHNNY RUSSELL (DUNDEE UTD)

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR

KENNY MCLEAN (ST MIRREN)

TEAM OF THE SEASON

View attachment 373135

END OF SEASON THOUGHTS

For a team i never fancied to win anything this season i am absolutely amazed at what we achieved. Not only did we win the league, but we did it with games left to play! The Scottish Cup run as amazing, beating Celtic being the highlight of the competition. Hopefully next season can be just as successful!

Thanks for following the story so far lads i will make a new post come pre season.