Aberdeen Save 2022

April

Fixtures
Fix.png

After our first defeat of the season, we naturally win the next 3 league games including a revenge win over Dundee Utd. We also saw off Rangers in the Scottish Cup semi-final

SPL
SPL.png

Hibs & Dundee Utd are now tied for 2nd place and are only split by 1 goal. Celtic look locked into 4th while Queens Park has a good lead over Rangers in what could be the 5th Champions League spot. Hearts vs St Johnstone for the 7th place. At the bottom, Ross County have the most work to do to stay up. St Mirren, Killie & Motherwell are working to avoid the playoff spot and maybe worse.

Champions League
Newcastle 3-4 Aberdeen AET
CL1.png

We threw away a 3-goal lead from the 1st leg but saved the tie in extra time
CL2.png

Celtic needed pens but saw off powerhouses Man City. Dundee Utd won the all Scottish tie. They are rewarded with a Semi Final with Man Utd while we play Celtic in a all Scottish Semi Final​

May

Fixtures
Fix.png

We equal last season's 37 wins out of 38 but agonisingly to be so close again.

Final SPL Table
SPL.png

Champions League
Semi Finals

1st Leg
Celtic 2-2 Aberdeen
CL1.png

A very even game we led twice and were slightly the better team but couldn't find a winner which could have gone either way

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 6-0 Celtic
Aberdeen win 8-2 on Agg
CL2.png

A red card changed the tie more than i can ever remember. Celtic totally collapsed. Dundee Utd stun Man Utd and we have our first all Scottish Champions League final​

Champions League Final 2047

From OAKA Spyros Louis Athens
Stadia.JPG

Dundee Utd vs Aberdeen
The historic first all Scottish Champions League final and would you look at that? Not an old firm team in sight.

The New Firm History
The New Firm is the term used, hailing from the 1980s, to describe the rivalry between Scottish football clubs Aberdeen and Dundee United. Both clubs are located on the east coast of Scotland, in the third and fourth most populous cities respectively.
Although not traditionally a derby, with 65 miles separating both teams, the fixture was seen as a North-east of Scotland derby between the two most successful teams in Scotland outside of the Old Firm during the 1980s. Dundee United also have a more traditional rivalry with their close neighbours Dundee.

Dundee Utd 0-2 Aberdeen
CL Final.png

We had total control of the game and Dundee Utd couldnt ruin the most important part of the season after they took our perfect domestic season from us. Nothing to take away from us winning a 9th Champions League in a row and a 11th in total.

Nations League

Semi-Finals

Scotland 2-0 Germany
SF.png

It was a stalemate for most of the game till Maciver on his last legs just back from a 3-month injury gave us a late lead before his Dons strike partner secured our spot in the final

Final
Scotland 5-2 Spain
FInal.png

An extremely unexpected but fantastic victory and a second Nations League win for Scotland. Aguilar gave Spain the lead and i felt that was probably it. However, we were going to get 60 minutes out of the best player in the world in Mr Maciver whose first-half half hatrick had us in a strong position at half time. The second half flew by except for Spain getting a red card to what i thought finished the tie but actually they made it 3-2 for 5 minutes but two stoppage-time strikes secured the second major trophy win for ScotsSadly it was not enough to move us top of the world rankings.

goal record.png

End of Season 25

SPL - Winner
SPL.png

15th title in a row.

We won 37/38 games and for the 2nd season in a row, we have our 2nd best season ever 1 point off our best. STILL waiting for the 114/114 point season with Dundee Utd costing us a perfect season again. Celtic who previously looked locked into 2nd place have fallen behind Hibs & Dundee Utd. Interesting to see how this works out next season as is expect the current top 4 to be as they are a level above the rest. Due to the success of our top 4 teams, we have a 5th team in the champions league groups next season and amazingly its Queens Park. Rangers rallied towards the end of the season but couldn't get back into the top 5. They and Hearts will go into the Europa League. with St Johnstone proudly returning to Europe 2 seasons after being in the championship. Motherwell, Kilmarnock & St Mirren all spent the season fighting over the playoff spot which St Mirren ended up falling into. A sad story from the bottom of the table as Ross County are relegated for the first time in the save. Europa Conference runner-ups in 2038 and finalists in 2035 and a league-best finish of 3rd in 2032. Following the Europa League win their fortunes slowly turned and they became a bottom-half team. It got even worse last season having to survive the playoff and despite a 55m investment from the Dons it got worse this season and they finished a distant bottom. They will be replaced by Airdrieonians making a 2nd appearance in the SPL. They got 28 points last time. Dont fancy their chances of getting there this time.

Playoffs
St Mirren 4-1 Hamilton
SPL PLayoff.png

Hamilton fought through from the 3rd/4th place game to face the SPL side. Thanks again to Cove choke Rangers. They put on a far stronger show against St Mirren being tied with 16 minutes to go in the 2nd leg yet St Mirren scored 3 quick-fire goals to save their playoff spots.

Managers
SPL Managers.png

Three of the bottom sides changed managers. The former Turriff manager Deal Donaldson has worked all his way up to the SPL and did the best job out of the 3 hires. Also, that is not THE Andy Cole who would be almost 80 years old in this sim

Europe
Dundee Utds first season back in the Champions League and they stun the world by getting all the way to the final
Celtic reached the Champions League Semi-Final and if not for an early red card, it could have been more
Hibs Champions League run ended to finalist Dundee Utd in the quarter-finals. Their best run in almost a century
Rangers Europa League reached the Europa League Semi-final losing to Spurs
Hearts Europa League run ended at the last 16
St Mirren were the team that let us down. There is always one. They lost the Conference playoff to Turkish side Kasimpasa

Champions League Final
CL Final.png

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

Ajay was fine but Lawrie had a brilliant season playing over 20 games once again.

Defence
Squad Def.png

Solid back 4 once again. I expected bids for Ipsen this summer despite another subpar season.

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

The middle of the park was brilliant with starting wingers Petkov & Piepenbrock.

Attack
Squad Att.png

Andy MacIver missed 3 months of the season but still leads us in every forward stat. Dujakovic secured his spot at the best of the rest. Could Craig & Hernandez ever move up to the next level?

Players for life
300+ Appearances

Samuel Ajayi - GK
P459 Clean sheets 270
Star Ajai.png

Bradley Cummings - DC
P833 G43
Star cummings.png

Andreas Alvarez - MC
P409 G55
Star Alvarez.png

Dimitar Petkov - MR
P471 G165
Star petkov.png

Andy MacIver - ATT
P583 G657
Star maciver.png

Rankings

Club Ranking - 1st
Ranking club.png

National League - 3rd
Rankings league.png

Our best national season ever and except for England it is the best season on record

National Team ranking - 2nd
Rankings national.png

After that was Brazil. There was Scotland. This is ridiculous but a shame the Nations League didn't get us up to top spot.

Awards

Player of the Year
Andy Maciver
Star maciver.png

Young Player of the Year
Luis Villegas
Award youth.png

Top Scorer
Andy Maciver - 40
Award top scorer.png

Team of the Year
Award Team of the year.png

Lots of questions here.​

Season 26
Aberdeen 2047

The Dons won a record-breaking 9 Champions League in a row, 11 in total. Only 3 behind Real Madrid now. Yes, i am just copying and pasting it at this point. For the 5th season in a row, my sole focus of the season is a perfect season in the SPL. It's embarrassing that I've never managed this before but this will be tougher than it has been for decades

Squad

Goalkeepers
Squad GK.png

We have our weakest keeper lineup in over 20 seasons. Ajay was in the last year of his contract and was not going to sign a new deal. I waited through the summer and finally, Real Madrid came along and we worked out a huge fee. Joe Lawrie as i say is a big drop but has done well as a backup and when he had played in over 20 games the last 3 seasons as well as being good for Scotland. Ritter is a pure backup,

Defence
Squad DEf.png

Like in goals, the defense takes a step back with teenage wonderkid Trevor Esson stepping in for Ipsen who leaves after another poor season. The other 3 stay the same.

Midfield
Squad MC.png

The only position unchanged is the midfield. Petrov being 34 is a concern but he is still one of the best forwards in the world. Backups are stronger than my starting defence.

Attack
Squad Att.png

Mark Craig is now over 4* and that was enough for me to make him the no2. Behind them, i have half a dozen players fighting it out to not be sold.

Transfer Window

SPL
Spl tran 1.png
spl tran 2.png
spl tran 3.png
SPL tran 4.png
SPL tran 5.png
SPL Tran 6.png

Our sale brings in nearly 300m. All going back to other Scottish sides

Aberdeen
SPL Donations
Dons spl in 2.png
Dons spl in.png
Dons spl in 3.png
Dons spl in 4.png
Dons spl in 5.png

In
Dons in.png

We only signed one player for the future

Out
Dons out.png

Real Madrid do what Real Madrid did in the 2000s and dropped us a 168m bill for our backup striker & long-term no1 keeper. Both were away to start the last year of their contract so this major payday is welcome but at what loss? Ajay at least as we have so many strikers to fill in for Dujakovic. Victor & Nauzet were solid prospects but we were paid 5* and 4* potential prices for 3* players. Rivera & Marco never broke out of the loan squad.

GK Samuel Ajayi 2034-47
P459 Clean Sheets 270 Ave Rating 7.27
Ajay start.png
Ajay out.png

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

Celtic almost ruined the perfect season at the very start. No chance it will happen this year

Champions League Draw
CL Fix.png

Super Cup
Aberdeen 2-0 Tottenham
Super Cup.png

We win it back after losing to London clubs the last 2 seasons​

September & October

Fixtures
Fix.png

We won 6/7 league games comfortably by at least 3 goals. We had a tougher game with the backups in the League Cup but we won nonetheless.

Then there was the annual slip-up. This time it was Dundee Utd's turn holding us to a draw at Tanadice. Well i say held to it was a deserved result. Are Dundee Utd the first team to catch us up? It definitely is Hibs

SPL
SPL.png

Despite my season being ruined we are clear at the top. The race for 2nd looks very exciting first quarter of the season in. Airdrie look out of their depth which financially the are by a long way.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png
CL3.png

We thrash 2nd favourited Watford and beat another side full of former dons in Hertha Berlin with a 90th-minute winner. Then came our 4th seed match with Cluj for our first-ever meeting in the save. They held us to a draw and led most of the game.

Scotland
Scots.png

Wins against the 3 minos secure our spot at the 2048 Euros. We draw with Ireland who are doing their best to win the group but we should secure that against Malta & Isreal​

November & December

Fixtures
Fix.png

Wins all around as usual in the update after the death of a perfect month.

League Cup Final
Dundee Utd 0-1 Aberdeen
League CUp final.png

The new firm derby is alive and well. Yet again there was nothing between the sides in the final and the Dons only got the win with a goal right at the end through Maciver of course

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic move into 2nd place as the rest of the top half move clear of the rest. Rangers enter the top 6 for the first time this season and Airdrie finally have their first win.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png
CL3.png

3 Very impressive wins. we are finding our feet after a dodgy start in terms of performances

Scotland
SCo.png

It was far from convincing but we secured top spot in the group on our way to Euro 2048​

January

Fixtures
FIx.png

Rangers gave us a worry but won all around in the league & Cup

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic pull further clear in 2nd as Dundee Utd & Hibs are set to clash in the middle. Hearts after a brilliant January are well into the top 6. Rangers have a terrible month. Airdrie counting the days till they swap back with Ross County. Probably

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

2 wins secure qualification and £5m in the bank. Madness that Cluj was the only side to take points off us when i rotated in both these games but won

Final Table
CL Table.png

Not great news for the other Scottish teams. Celtic & Dundee Utd are in the playoffs but Hibs & Queens Park both fall out of Europe before the knockout phase

Transfer Window
SPL Transfers 1.png
SPL Transfers 2.png

Hibs falling out of Europe and losing 2 of their best players. Man City beat me to one Hearts wonderkid after i massively overpay for another

Dons Transfers

In
Dons in 1.png
Dons in 2.png

2 players for the u18s that will almost certainly play a huge role in the 1st team next season.

Out
DOns out.png

3 back up players and one long term major star

Robbie Jacob spent over a decade at Aberdeen becoming the best backup DM, MC and MR. Game time was at an all time low over the last few seasons and he asked for a move that i had no problems letting him go for the last 3 or 4 seasons of his prime.

Robbe Jacobs MC
P302 G34 Av Rat 7.17
Jacobs start.png
Jacobs end.png

Last edited: