Aberdeen Save 2022

November

Our former coach returns after 6 years of doing a bad job managing in the SPL. Just became a manager in real life too.
not moruinho return.png

Fixtures
Only two games in the League against relegation candidates and we got the expected wins.
Fix.png

The League cup was another low point for the season. A team we demolished in the Scottish Cup final took a lead over us on three separate occasions.
League cup.png

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic won the old firm game at Ibrox to push Rangers further from the title picture. The top 2 face off on the 1st of December

Champions League
CL1.png

CL2.png

Two more wins in the one competition we are playing well in this season. Having said that we are through all our easy fixtures and being in the top 8 will be a challenge throughout the rest of the season as we only just beat Sevilla and a bottom 4 team.

If i could be real for a moment
Would never usually post about real life but after the Davel result Monday night in case you hadn't noticed through my posts here that i hated Cormack since the day he walked through the door and named the training ground after himself rather than all the club legends he needs to go first and foremost. An utter disaster of a chairman surely the worst in the SPL. The DOF is a joke, like several appointments on the board of his chums. The recruitment team he laudits far too often has not found a decent defender since he took over and despite a few decent additions up front, well Duk. Jim Goodwin was not on my radar when he was appointed and ticked no boxes for me except for being young. But he has proven to not be ready for this job despite 2 good performances against Rangers that's been it since the world cup, even before that the away performances were shambolic. His choice of Captain in Stewart is just not a good enough player, astonishing thing to say about the SPL. They are all ruining the club and a mass clearout from top to bottom is required.​

Last edited:

December

New Stadium
New Stadium.png

That muppet Cormack better not name it after himself! Gets on my nerves in real life but has not let us expand the coaching team since day 1 at the club. Clueless

Fixtures
Fix.png

Fought from behind to get a point at Parkhead so not a bad result. Full strength against Rangers then we rotated players through the other games winning all 5 and carrying some great form into the winter break.

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic draw at home again with old firm rivals Rangers doing everything they can to stay in the title race but if usual form continues they could be out of it already.

Champions League
CL.png

We couldn't repeat last season's results against the English giants.

With two games to go, we have to play away to Galatasaray & St Gallen. We should make the top 8 for the 3rd year in a row.
CL table.png

January

Fixtures
Fix.png

Two wins against the capital teams were scant consolation for the toothless defeat at Ibrox. Shame that we saved all our goals for the Kilmarnock cup game

Other teams had worse days in the cup
Celtic out.png

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic drew at St Mirren but that was enough to open their gap by a further point. Rangers were the real winners to start the year.

Champions League
Cl1.png
CL2.png

Two wins and a spot in the last 16 is secured.
CL group.png

Transfer Window
Spl all transfers.png

Aberdeen

In

Two youths join. Hector Castillo joins immediately and is going to bring some of the defensive skills my current midfield is lacking

Out
SOLD.png

After over 4 seasons and 206 appearances at Aberdeen Rukavina was now the no2 MR and was getting less playing time so i was hoping a team would put in a bid. Unfortunately of all the teams in the world, it had to be league leader Celtic. £30m for a backup in one of our best positions for depth could not be turned down after a serious think. Gabby did a lot of good for Aberdeen and was always over a 7 rating. Also leaving is Hugh Tyson has 4* potential and came through the club but was disappointing for us. I put in a buyback fee just in case he turns into something​

February

Fixtures
Fix.png

4 wins in the league and one in the cup. The win over Celtic was clearly bigger than anything else we did this month. Dominated the game and led almost the whole way and even a late try at a comeback from recently departed Rukavina couldn't stop us.

SPL
SPL.png

Losing to Aberdeen was the least of Celtic's problems as they had previously lost at Kilmarnock, then drew at home to Airdrie, and are now closer to Rangers in 3rd than the new league leaders.

Champions League
Last 16 Draw
Ajax vs Aberdeen
CL Draw.png

We'll be favorites to get to another Quarterfinal defeat.​

March

Fixtures
Fix.png

We keep doing everything we need to in our hunt for a third title in a row. Kilmarnock came close to being a banana skin but Tolado came off the bench to win the game. No challenges elsewhere even in the cup where there will be no old firm in the final 4 after we pump Rangers.

SPL
SPL.png

Rangers' top 2 challenge may have ended with a 2-0 defeat at Hearts as Celtic also had a perfect month of results. Queens Park
CL 1.png
is also very close to locking in a top 6 finish.

Champions League
Last 16

1st Leg
Ajax 3-2 Aberdeen

We may have overlooked Ajax. Are they having their once-decade run to the depths of the champions league after a deserved win in Amsterdam?

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 3-1 Ajax
CL 2.png

No problems getting over the line in the 2nd leg. Ajax looked like maybe forcing a comeback but in the end, we just had enough to hold on and get back to the Quarter Finals

Draw
CL dear.png

Bayern again!​

April

Fixtures
FIx.png

A perfect month would have set us up for an easy run to the title however we drew away to Hearts around the Champions League games but won everywhere else. Including beating St Mirren to reach the Scottish Cup final

SPL
SPL.png

The gap to 2nd stays the same as the old firm draw their 3rd match of the season. We lead by 5 points, probably 6 with the goal difference. Rangers are already locked into 2nd, St Mirren should be 4th while Queens Park are having a season to remember beating Hearts to 6th. This is not only Hearts' first nontop 6 finish but also the first time out of Europe next season. Amazing considering they got my 4th striker last season and almost £13m for their best player who was loaned back to them. Airdrie & Livingston should finish as the bottom two. The only question is in what order?

Champions League
Quarter Finals

1st Leg
Bayern 2-1 Aberdeen
CL1 exact repeat of last season.png

I refuse to believe this game finished exactly the same as last season. Almost to the day one year after Batata scored a 93rd-minute winner against us Mathys Tels scored a 92nd-minute winner against us.

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 1-1 Bayern

Bayern win 3-2 on Agg
CL 2.png

We went behind so i went all-out attack needing 2 goals in the last 15 minutes. We got 1 but like last season a stoppage time goal against us in the 1st leg puts us out at the quarters for the 3rd year in a row.​

May

Were 1 game into the spilt and both Aberdeen and Celtic win match 34. They play each other on match 35
SPL Start.png

Match 35
Match 35 closer look.png

How did we not win this?

Fixtures
FIx.png

We won our next game while Celtic drew with Rangers letting us win our 3rd title in row and play kids for our last 3 wins.

SPL

Scottish Cup

Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen
Sco Cup final.png

3rd SPL in a row is followed up with a 3rd Scottish Cup in a row following our 3rd Champions League Q/F elimination in a row.

Season 8 Review

SPL - Winner
SPL.png

We keep hold of the SPL title for the third season in a row. We pulled this off despite a disappointing start but Celtic had two awful months after the new year which cost them a full title challenge. Rangers had a similar downfall but just a bit worse post Christmas. St Mirren & Ross County secured the European places and amazingly Queens Park take the final spot quite comfortably. Hearts and Hibs are the disappointments of the season. Hearts especially on top of the reasons i gave a few posts ago they also have a former Dons starting CB in Zac Williams as well as major players from the top 4 leagues Felipe Anderson & Nelson Semedo. Motherwell was in no man's land and Killie was always just above the danger zone which was occupied by Airdrie and Livingston most of the year and Livis form post split secured them the bottom spot.

Playoffs
Airdrie 3-5 Ayr Utd
SPL Play off.png

Ayr wins their 2nd playoff match to secure their 3rd promotion in the save.

Managers
SPL Managers.png

Hibs and Livingston both sacked their managers between Christmas and the new year. Worked out better for Hibs

Champions League Final
Liverpool 1-6 Bayern
CL Final.png

We only just lost to this team. Sickner.

Squad Review

Goalkeeper

Squad GK.png

Been thinking hard about this spot all season. Was leaning towards Dorsaz at the start of the season Luiz stayed better statistically and with the length of the contracts it became more clear that Luiz was staying and Dorsaz would be leaving the backup role to a homegrown keeper.

Defense
Squad Def.png

Luis & Obispo are my starting CBs. Staricco is at a similar level but sticks with the younger player with more potential. Oviedo & Jakovlijevic are both class wing backs and will be starters till they are ripped out of my hands. We expect plenty of chances with the backup players as Cummings is coming into the first team squad and Ramsey has already requested a move. The real problem there is moving his £50k a week wage. Who signed off on this?

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Jeez, where to start here? Barron & Martinez are set in stone as the starting MC. They with Bakardzhiev firmly established themselves as the starters. Mudryk filled in many different spots and was far too good to be a backup and will probably be again next year. Pedro ended up playing on the right far too often after Ariza went down for the last 3 months of the season. All the backups also performed at a more than acceptable level. Can't see much change happening here for next season.

Attack
Squad Att.png

Bavidge led the lines again but his number was down on the past few seasons. He didn't help himself by continuing his push for a transfer away from Aberdeen. He has 2 more seasons left on his contract so i will be praying we get a window when no teams are interested in him and he decides to stay. Otherwise, we will be having a very tough decision next summer. Pavlovic became the no2 and statistically played better than Bavidge. Tolardo played well again but is looking like the odd man out if i do need to make a move. Montien joined in January and has looked very impressive as a 18-year-old. He'll be hanging around next season.

Players for life
Here at Aberdeen, we love one of our own coming through and thriving. There are quite a few current Dons i hope to keep long-term so let's have a look at how the spine of our squad is doing in more depth after our first season.

Luiz Junior - GK
P303 CS131 R7.06
Star GK Luis.png

The long term keeper looks to have put a stranglehold on the no1 jersey after another solid season.

DC Bradley Cummings - DC
P13 G2 R6.76
Star DC B CUmmings.png

The future captain and DC starter should have got more than 10 games this season but there was too much competition in the starting squad. This will definitely not be the case next season.

Connor Barron - MC
P346 G98 R7.22
Star MC Barron.png

Barron had an offseason with an upgrade on a partner in Ramiro Martinez he has taken some of the load away from Barron whose goals and assists were down with his worst on both. However, the Ave rating is still up there so he's not doing anything wrong.

Alfie Stewart - MC
P167 G21 R7.01

A firm backup as the 25th man of the squad who can play most midfield or attacking positions.

Ross Marshall - ML (Last Entry)
P136 G9 R6.80
Star ML Ross marsh.png

Last season a season-ending injury in early November ended what seemed to be not quite a career ender but it was the last chance for him to develop. He spent this season on loan in Turkey but failed to get to a 7 rating in Turkey at 22 so he's done for.

Alfie Bavidge - ATT
P380 G268 R7.32
Star A Bavidge.png

Alfie led the line again but was down on last season with his head being turned by bigger European sides there may not be many more updates if a miracle doesn't happen.

Rankings

Club Ranking - 10th
Rankings club.png

We're now in the top 10 all on our own.

National League - 6th
Rankings league.png

We do as i say and jump Portugal for 6th and now have 3 Champions League places. France! You're next!

National Team ranking - 51st
ranking nation.png

We didn't qualify for the world cup and fall out of the top 50 and that's before the 48 world cup teams get ranking points. Clarke must go! Surely this is the summer.

Awards

Player of the Year
Alfie Bavidge
Award Player of the year.png

Award player of the year.png

Young Player of the Year
Nemanja Pavlovic
Award Young player.png

Top Scorer
Nikola Nicolic - 33
Award Top Scorer.png

Manager of the Year
Award manager of the eyar.png

Team of the Year
Award team.png

Season 9
Aberdeen 2030

World Cup 2030
England 1-1 Holland
Holland win on pens
World Cup Final.png

The best Country to never win a world cup now has finally got one.

A new decade and we have our annual rebuild. None of the players i sold had to go but at the end of the window, our defense is still overflowing with players. Two summers in a row i achieved the main goal of who i was selling and then replace the problem with more youths in the same positions. Moron!

Squad

Goalkeepers
Squad GK.png

We finally made a change in goals. Luiz is still the no2 but there seems to be no improvement in Dorsaz and i decided by the end of last season he was getting sold. Naturally in the first game of the world cup Germany had their no1 and then Dorsaz off the bench and broke his leg to rule himself out till the winter. Before this, the Scouts handed me Jesper Berg for an utter bargain from the Danish league. He was happy to be back up and i plan to play him in all cups & Europe and decide at the end of the season which of the current 2 will be no1.

Squad GK 1.png

Defense
Squad Def.png

As i said earlier defense saw a major overhaul. Two new left backs in Uruguan Enrique Rodriguez who i get told is a better right winger but he is my starting LB joined by Hearts wonderkid Owen Munro finally getting into our squad. With the moves, Obispo & Staricco are the clear starting players but plenty of chances for Cummings to get his needed game time.

Squad Def 1.png
Squad Def 2.png

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Ramiro Martinez is now the club captain bossing the midfield with Connor Barron. Mudryk and Bakardzhiev are spilling the ML role something neither of them are happy with. Ariza still has no solid backup aside Paulo Pedro and Alfie Stewart. Young backups Castillo & Vili Bi need to step up this season to keep their spot next season

squad Mid 1.png

Strikers
Squad att.png

Pavlovic & Bavidge are starting of course. Pedro & Montien are more than good enough backups. I should have loaned out Craig Morgan for another year before selling one of these guys but a 5 striker rotation is going to be tough. One final positive Bavage now has under 2 years left on his contract and is FINALLY ready to talk about a new contract. Was offered on the day of this update so i hope the September update will have his new deal front and center.

Squad att 1.png

Transfer Window

SPL
SPL transfers.png

Big selling windows for Aberdeen & Celtic both of us bringing in £100m. Rangers only addition is Emerson Royal on a free

Aberdeen

In
Dons in1.png

As per usual we make several transfers that won arrive till next season or go to the u18s
In1.png
In2.png
in3.png
in4.png
In5.png
in6.png

Out
Dons out 1.png
Dons out 2.png

By a long way out biggest transfer window for sales. Fabio Luis was the club captain and was making the odd appearance for Brazil in his final days at the club. I think Man Utd got a bargain at £55m but with 9 other CBs on the roster and the size of the offer, it was impossible to turn down. Not far off him Argentine wonderkid and by far the better of the two players Carlos Oviedo. Liverpool definitely got a bargain out of him at a cool £38.5m Plenty of caps for Argentia but again had hit the time to move on with his Uruguayan cousin signed to take his place and a Scottish wonder kid in the ranks meant it was time to move him on. Wish i got more money for him but them the breaks. The rest of our sales were squad players that were never making the first team and it was time to move on and give others a chance. Benitez did fine in his first year but not Dons level. Llacer never got past the loan moves same for Voase in the midfield. Calvin Ramsey brought little but stress with his £50k a week and i am very glad Lazio took him off my hands. Jesus did a far better job than him but in an effort, to make my team more Scottish he was sacrificed. The only move i really regret is this window. Finally, Gil Tolardo showed flashes but now into his 20s he was only the 6th best striker in the squad, and with little development left he was moved on, again in a bid to make us more Scottish.

Talked a lot about becoming more Scottish and here are the players its benefiting
Sco 3.png
Scot 1.png
Scot 2.png

I expect non of them to become long-term starters but like Alfie Stewart, they'll be good 23,24,25th players in the squad​

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

The Dons made another slow start to their title defense. An unforgivable defeat at home on flag day with former dons doing the damage in Laidlaw who at this point is the GOAT of football in August. We drew at home to Celtic which would be a disapointing result on a good day but Celtic was shattered from a midweek Champions League game so no reason we shouldn't have won this by more

SPL
SPL.png

Champions League Draw
CL Draw.png

What an awful draw. by my rankings, we have to place three 1st seeds Real, Inter, Man City, Dortmund, and Newca$tle 2nd seeds. Benfica, Roma 3rd seeds and Dinamo Zagreb 4th seeds. This new system is utter balls​

September

Story of the season
Bavage secured til 2037.png

After trying to get a move for the last 12 months Alfie Bavidge has decided he wants to stay at Aberdeen and has signed a deal that with extensions will keep him here till 2037.

Fixture
Fix.png

That was the stretch of our good news as we have been in abysmal form. A stoppage-time winner at Ross County then a penalty shootout defeat to Hearts see us leave the league cup way too early. The board is not happy.

SPL
SPL.png

Rangers finally lost a game amazingly to Ayr who had lost every game before this. We still have more ground than I'd like for the top spot but this form has to improve soon.

Champions League
CL.png

The Dons come from behind twice to beat Saudi Arabia with Alfie Bavidge scoring another stoppage time winner in this competition.​

October

Fixtures
FIx.png

That's more like it. We turn it around with 3 wins and an unlucky draw against Rangers where we had 2 goals ruled out, this was right after the Scotland drubbings.

SPL
SPL.png

Rangers have already thrown away their big lead and are down to 3rd as Celtic and the Dons jump them.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL 2.png

Two ends of our performances. Dominated the game with Dortmund before we played Real Madrid on the opposite end of Scotland getting pumped twice in the Nations League.​

November

Fixtures
Fix.png

3 wins in the league and best of them being a win at Parkhead, Big thanks to their wonderkid DMC Juan Uran who gave away the penalty that decided the game and then got sent off.

SPL
SPL.png

We take over at the top but there is still nothing in it between the top 3.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

Frustrating as **** game where we led and were dominating the first half. A different Inter Milan team appeared for the 2nd half and they found a late winner that could be huge for qualifying. We then got Man City at home and this was a more fair result.​

December

Fixtures
Fix.png

All in all a pretty good month. Defeat away to Hearts was the only let down which was followed by two far more valuable wins over Rangers to finish their title challenge in 4 short days

SPL
SPL.png

We move into the top spot but only till Celtic play their game in hand
for when they played the league cup final
As for the Rangers. this has to be the end of Gio Van Bronkhorst fighting with the rest of the top 6.

Champions League
CL.png

We thrash Benfica to improve our chances of making the top 8

CL group.png

Looks bad being down in 17th but only 1 point away from the top 8​

January

Fixtures
Fix.png

4 wins in the league and one in the cup too. The best result of the lot obviously is the league changing the game at home to Celtic. Both sides played like it was 90s Seria A and the 1st half had 3 shots in total. We finally got the breakthrough midway through the 2nd half and then played on the counter getting many more chances yet it didn't matter that we failed to score again but at least we already finished them off.

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic then dropped points to Hearts and just like that were 6 points clear.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

We needed 2 wins and a bit of luck to make the last 16 for the 4th season in a row.

CL table.png

We got the wins but not the luck and we will need to play a playoff to try and reach the last 16

Last 16 Draw
Monaco vs Aberdeen.

CL Draw.png

Transfer Window
SPL Transfer.png

Hearts sign a player from Juventus. Ok

Aberdeen

In
Two u18s and the best prospect in the game from the start?

Endrick - ATT
In Endrick.png

So on the face of it this is impossible how has the best wonderkid at the start of the game found his way to Aberdeen?

In Endrick 2.png

Well. He went to City and ruined his life. We'll see how he works out after i could only sign him up for 18 months. He will get a few months to prove himself and then we'll see where we stand in the summer. He wasn't on my radar till someone asked for some screenshots and i came across his disastrous career so far. Never seen him in searches as his wages were so high he was always filtered out.

As insane as it sounds he's not in the top 3 strikers at the club.
In endrick 3.png

Here are the u18s
In youth 1.png
In youth 2.png

Out
Two sales a major and a minor. Steve Mullen was a back up making up the numbers with a minor 3.5* rating and no chance of being a starter for us ever. Thanks for the Donation Man Utd. Also leaving was striker Nemanja Pavlovic to Dortmund. He became Bavidges main partner up front until Dortmund offered to pay us 8 times what we paid for him a few summers ago and now we have a buildup of strikers waiting to join the team this was the moment to let him go, well the end of the season would be better but with the deadline day addition of Endrick will keep us firing.​

February

Fixture
Fix.png

We seem to be very good at coming back from the winter break and once again have back-to-back winning months

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic also had a perfect month and are still right on our tails. Rangers are in the middle of a capital sandwich with St Mirren looking like being the final top 6 teams. Bavidge is a monster again now his mind is back on Aberdeen while the bottom half still looks like a good fight.

Champions Leauge
Playoff

1st Leg

Monaco 3-3 Aberdeen
CL1.png

Somehow we threw away a 3 goal lead. At least the 2nd leg is at home.

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 4-1 Monaco
Aberdeen win 7-4 on Agg
CL 2.png

No problems in the 2nd leg.

Last 16 Draw
Real Madrid vs Aberdeen
CL Fix.png

Aberdeens greatest opposition. Can we repeat our greatest night from 1983?

March

Fixtures
FIx.png

4 more wins as the winning run domestically continues. The defense got very leaky with rotation and we were lucky to get away from Easter Road with all 3 points.

SPL
SPL.png

Rangers almost did us a huge favor leading Celtic for almost the whole game but they grabbed a point right at the death. Still, they dropped points so will take that.

Scotland let our 17-year-old loose at center back
1st cap Cummings.png

Champions League
Last 16

1st Leg
Aberdeen 1-1 Real Madrid
CL1.png

We were kicked with a 90th-minute goal by Real that was probably deserved but still hurt to lose the lead like that.

2nd Leg
Real Madrid 1-2 Aberdeen
CL2.png

We took the lead just after the break but Real was in total control once Jayden Sancho equalized from the spot. It was however Chelsea's January signing from the real world, Mudryk who struck the winner to give the dons another magic moment against Real Madrid almost 50 years on

Q/F Draw
CL Draw.png

This has to be a joke. 3 years in a row.​

April

Fixtures
Fix.png

We finally drop points in the league as Ross County holds us up on the road. I rested the whole team for the Bayern game and it finally cost us. Big win a the end of the month over Celtic gets us into the Scottish Cup final against Rangers

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic close the gap to 3 points. Rangers should only have Hearts to worry about in the race for 3rd. St Mirren beat out Ross County with ease for 6th and could still catch Hibs. At the bottom, Queens Park is in major danger and any of the other 4 could finish in the playoffs but Motherwell and Inverness should avoid going down.

Champions League Q/F

1st Leg

Aberdeen 0-2 Bayern
CL 1.png

Failing to score at home probably speeds up our traditional exit point.

2nd Leg
Bayern 1-2 Aberdeen

Bayern win 3-2 on Agg
CL 2.png

If we had played better in the 1st leg we would have had a chance but not scoring at home means for the 3rd year in a row Bayern put us out in the Quarter Finals by 1 goal and by the same result as last season.​

SPL Split

Celtic are 3 points and a pile of goals back. Our 2nd and 3rd games are the old firm back to back. That will probably decide our season.
Start.png

Match 34
Aberdeen 3-1 Hibs
Match 34.png

A very tense game mainly as we had 3 goals disallowed in the first hour. My nerves were made even worse when Hibs leveled with 20 minutes to go but we rallied back with 2 late goals to save the 3 points on a day Celtic closed the goal difference gap with the biggest score of the season

Match 35
Aberdeen 6-1 Rangers
Match 35.png

The only thing better than beating Rangers is thrashing Rangers. Mudryk had his best day at the club. Celtic also win and Hearts are 6 points clear in 3rd place having their best-ever season in the save. At the bottom, Queens Park has sparked into life and its now a 3 way to fight for survival between the Ayrshire teams and the Hampden side.

Match 36
Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
Match 36.png

Bavidge took the title race by the scruff of the neck and scored both goals that effectively secured the title. We only need 1 point from the last 2 games. Hearts are in the same position in the race for 3rd. Queens Park's massive comeback has them up to 10th and off the bottom for the first time since November

Match 37
St Mirren 1-2 Aberdeen
Match 37.png

Endrick scores the goals that secured our 4th title in a row. Celtic do their best to stay in the race and put Hearts in real danger of missing the top 3. The bottom 3 is where all the drama is on the final day

Match 38
Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen
Match 38.png

Hearts totally threw away 3rd place. They were thrashed by Celtic and then lost to our reserves handing Rangers 3rd place. Ayr finishes bottom and Killie go down. Derek McInnes has done wonders at Queens Park to save them.

Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 2-2 Rangers

Aberdeen win 4-1 on Pens
Sco cup final.png

Rangers almost Robbed us of our 4th double in a row scoring from there only 2 shots on target in 120 minutes. Luckily Luiz Junior was on form in the penalty saving from Emerson Royal to lead us to victory. This should not have been allowed to happen
as
is our cup keeper.

FINALLY!
FINALLY CLAKRE.png

End of Season 9

New Stadium 2033
Stadum .png

Happy with the new stadium finally coming but not impressed that it will only be 33k seater. Despite having 42k on the season ticket holder shortlist

SPL - Winner
SPL final.png

It was a two horse race with Celtic and we won out in the end. We were an utter mile ahead of Rangers who only finished ahead of Hearts by 2 goals. Feel bad for Hearts but they threw it away. Hibs were right up there with those two for most of the season but fell away towards the end and St Mirren was in no man's land for 6th. Highland teams Ross County will be disappointed with 7th and Inverness will be delighted with 8th as they try to become a fixture in the top flight. Motherwell got themselves safe from the bottom 3. Queens Park had a late run of form that took them from bottom to 10th and saw Ayr go down and neighbors Killie into the playoff.

Playoffs
Kilmarnock 1-3 Livingston
SPL PLayoff.png

More on this to follow

Managers
SPL Managers.png

James McPake almost brought down Queens Park and has now brought Killie down through the playoffs.

Champions League Final
Bayern Munich 1-0 PSG - AET
CL Final.png

Hard to imagine the success we could be having if this team would just go away.

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

Luiz Junior is the locked in no1 while Berg played most of the cup games. He'll get another season to try and lock down the no2 spot after some indifferent results in his first year.

Defense
Squad Def.png

The back 4 was more of a back 6 with Cummings rotating in with the two Argentines and Munro & Rodriguez shared the DL. Elissetche & Cid are good enough to start. We'll see what the summer transfers will do for them.

Midfield
Squad Mid.png
Thiago Ariza won himself a move to RB Leipzig and I'm worried that i have no clear replacement for him. Barron and Martinez are the best MCs by a mile. Santiago wants a new contract so if he doesn't wise up he could be on the move. Castillo comes in for the big games but has struggled as the DM, Might be listening to offers on him. Unlike the right, our ML is overloaded. Mudryk was the better player to end the year but now he's 30 i need an offer for him this summer. Bakardzhiev had a tough season with injuries and i can't see Voli Bi being the answer as our backup winger if Mudryk goes.

Attack
Squad ATT.png

With the distractions of a transfer away from Aberdeen Bavidge was back at his brilliant best. Pedro & Montien ended the season fighting to be his sidekick while Endrick looks to have done well but most of his goals came against weaker opposition. Very tough gamble ahead of whatever we decide this summer.

Players for life

Here at Aberdeen, we love one of our own coming through and thriving. There are quite a few current Dons i hope to keep long-term so let's have a look at how the spine of our squad is doing in more depth after our first season.

Luiz Junior - GK
P344 CS147 R7.06
Star Luiz.png

Still No1 with no sign of a better player coming through

Bradley Cummings - DC
P57 G2 R6.87
Star ******* DC.png

The 17-year-old is now a starter and everything is pointing toward him being a GOAT

Connor Barron - MC
P388 G109 R7.20
Star Barron.png

Predictable as always is our Connor

Alfie Stewart - MC
P191 G23 R6.91
Firmly a backup now. Only our poor depth in midfield helped him get that many games.

Alfie Bavidge - ATT
P428 G319 R7.47
Star Bavage.png

The man is unstoppable. On a tier of his own atop of the Dons forwards

Rankings

Club Ranking - 8th
Rankings club.png

Up 2 from last year

National League - 6th
Rankings leagues.png

We stay 6th. France pulls further ahead thanks to PSG reaching the champions league final and the old firm having poor seasons.

National Team ranking - 52nd
Rankings nation.png

How did they drop further? Hopefully, the SFA hire the right man to replace Clarke in early July

Awards

Player of the Year

Alfie Bavidge
AWard Player.png

Broke the league record for the highest rating. Beating his 2028 season.

Young Player of the Year
Thiago Ariza
AWard young player.png

Really really regretting letting him go.

Top Scorer
Alfie Bavidge - 37
AWard top scorer.png

Bavidge breaks another league record with 37 goals in 33 games

Team of the Year
Award team.png