And congrats to you too!

Finished bottom lol had Bayern,Juve and Shakhtar..1 point with 1 game to go against Juve,Realised how far iv'e still got to go yet!

Yeah i got scouts in south america? got 2 brazilians with portugal as a dual nationality! Been offered alot of free agents released from good teams around Europe? they bolster my squad a treat,

Can honestly say your topping me at the minute when it comes to europe though tbh..Your showing in the Europa league was a great effort!

Have you had any luck stadium wise? They wont expand my at all!

I don't really need to expand so haven't bothered asking, we still only average around 500 attendances in the league and our European games are played at two other stadiums, don't really understand how it works. What are your attendances like, I just can't seem to improve them. Also, has any other Welsh team done well in Europe? It's pretty annoying being the only team to drag the nation up in the seeding rankings!

I don't really need to expand so haven't bothered asking, we still only average around 500 attendances in the league and our European games are played at two other stadiums, don't really understand how it works. What are your attendances like, I just can't seem to improve them. Also, has any other Welsh team done well in Europe? It's pretty annoying being the only team to drag the nation up in the seeding rankings!

Suppose im just wishful thinking hoping attendances would go up in a nice shiny new stadium!!

But mine are similar..between 450 to 700 in the league? around 7 to 9 thousand in europe and their played at green meadow!

And **** no..Their all awful,Thats why we'l always be stuck in the 2nd qualifying round unless they step it up! Ours dropped down 1 season and i had to start from the 1st qualifying round!

At least i got this story ro relate to if i ever start questioning why im doing this to myself!!

Just read all of this, amazing stuff mate. Season 7 was sensational and I tip my hat off to you for having the patience to take so long building a side from Wales good enough to compete in Europe. Look forward to next season :)

37 game winning streak...51 games unbeaten,

Ended by none other than Aberystwyth with a 91st minute goal! screw you guys!!!

37 game winning streak...51 games unbeaten,

Ended by none other than Aberystwyth with a 91st minute goal! screw you guys!!!

Haha isn't it funny how this works because I had a 45 game winning streak and a 63 game unbeaten streak ended on the final day of the 7th season by TNS!

Im telling ya..only 1 way to settle this..versus mode online...TNS VS Aberystwyth lol

Aberystwyth Town - Squad Report (Part 2)

Right Midfield

Danny O'Brian - A solid welsh right winger who was signed on a free after being released released by Cambridge United. Holds the record for most league assists in a season with 19 in 2016/17 season. Will need to get some competition for him next season, as Damien Fowler has returned to Crewe following his loan spell.

View attachment 313976View attachment 313977View attachment 313978

Left Midfield

Steven Lawless -Quite pacy left winger who is averaging around 12 assists per season in the three seasons he has been with us. Does a decent job but I am on the look out for a new 1st choice left winger.

View attachment 313979View attachment 313980View attachment 313981

Ian Morris - Signed from Scunthorpe for 24k in 2015, has done a very good job for me but his physical stats are staring to decline at the age of 32 and is a backup player now, however he is still more than good enough for the league standard.

View attachment 313982View attachment 313983View attachment 313984

Center Midfield

Matty Collins - A club icon who should be a club legend in my opinion. He has been with us since I took over and has been a pivotal part of our success in the center midfield. He is getting on a bit now and I am trying to slowly blend him out of the team as we can't rely on him forever.

View attachment 313986View attachment 313985View attachment 313987

Carwyn Burrell - Another product of our youth academy and has proven himself of a solid, reliable option in center midfield and usually manages to get himself a few assists every season. It just goes to show how useful improvements to your junior coaching can be as a manager of a club in a small league as ours has provided around 5 or 6 players in our 1st team squad.

View attachment 313989View attachment 313988View attachment 313990

Stuart Jackson -
Also came through our youth setup and has always been an important squad member and backup player. Has never really commanded a starting role, possibly due to the fact he is a natural attacking midfielder and we don't play with attacking midfielders.

View attachment 313992View attachment 313991View attachment 313993

Kevin Dindone -
Australian under 21 international center midfielder who has dual Italian nationality signed on a free from amateur Australian club AIS. The media reckon he was watched by the Italian manager one champions league game last season but I think they were more likely watching one of the Italian players in the opposition team. Broke his leg last season so I'm hoping it doesn't have too much of an effect on his performances this year.

View attachment 313994View attachment 313995View attachment 313996

Strikers

Ivan Cirjak -20 year old Croatian striker who has 2 under 21 caps and dual Austrian nationality. Had a brilliant start to his league career last season and despite his lack of pace has the makings of a pretty good target man. It will be interesting to see how he develops and I could see an international cap for Austria in his future if he reaches his potential.

View attachment 313997View attachment 313998View attachment 313999

Lewis Doyle- The only player to be made a club legend so far and at the age of just 21. Also has 16 Welsh caps and nobody can argue with his goal scoring record, scoring 30 + league goals in both of the past two seasons. Unfortunately has apparently fulfilled his potential so may not improve much further. Also.... look at how well he has started this season on his history page......

View attachment 314000View attachment 314001View attachment 314002

Kevin Conn -
​My personal favorite striker has to be Northern Irish international Kevin Conn. He may not score as many as Lewis Doyle but he always scores the important goals and especially so in European competitions. He is a club icon and I expect this will move to a club legend if he keeps his performances up in the coming seasons. He has had plenty of interest from English clubs but I have no desire to sell whatsoever.

View attachment 314003View attachment 314004View attachment 314005

Will post a season 8 transfer update next and then an update on our Champions League Qualifiers....... Could we make it to the group stages two years in a row???

Looking gd mate how far do you think you will be able to take them, u hoping to win 1 off the European cups

not that you need any advice it seems but as soon as you can start signing young continental players do it! even if they wont get anywhere near your squad they will attract interest from the continent and in turn get your team noticed which is a slight boost on reputation. worked a treat when i turned tns into a regular champions league team

Looking gd mate how far do you think you will be able to take them, u hoping to win 1 off the European cups

Thanks pal! Ideally my targets are; 1) Win the Champions League (and/or Europa league) 2) Get the Welsh League ranked in the top 5 leagues in Europe 3) Get to the top of the European Club coefficient rankings. Not sure how realistic they are but I will give it a good shot!

not that you need any advice it seems but as soon as you can start signing young continental players do it! even if they wont get anywhere near your squad they will attract interest from the continent and in turn get your team noticed which is a slight boost on reputation. worked a treat when i turned tns into a regular champions league team

Thanks for the advice mate, had honestly never thought about this and have been struggling to improve my reputation. Did you ever improve your League attendances with TNS as that is on area I am really struggling in??

Last edited:
at there peak league attendances were hitting 1000.. never enough to convince the board to expand.. i gave up when i couldnt get wales further than 10th in the co-efficents. also another bit of advice, when signing regens from welsh teams make sure you 'approach to sign' them. giving the other teams money can only help them improve.. takes forever i know but will speed up the process(slightly)

Season 8 - Transfer Update

Season 8 Transfer Update

View attachment 314307

5 players in over the summer as you can see we made a massive spend of 110k this season and mainly looked to plug some holes in the squad.

Fabian Waugh

View attachment 314308View attachment 314309View attachment 314310

A decent center midfielder who has been brought in on a 2 year loan from Southampton and I will try to look to sign him on a permanent transfer afterwards if he impresses over his two year loan spell.

Uros Karanfilovski

View attachment 314312View attachment 314313View attachment 314314

We finally have some competition for Kevin Conn in the poacher role in the form of this Serbian striker (not writing his name out again). Needs to improve his first touch but as you can see by his start to this season with 6 goals in 4, he is more than good enough for our league.

Jomo Shelton

View attachment 314319View attachment 314318View attachment 314320

With 75 international caps for Jamaica at the age of just 24, left back Jomo Shelton steps in as first choice left back ahead of Simon O'Brian. 4 assists in his first 5 league games.

Paul Burrows

View attachment 314329View attachment 314328View attachment 314330

Signed on a one year loan as back up for the right wing slot. He is decent enough cover.

Rene Sifkovits

View attachment 314333View attachment 314332View attachment 314334

Signed for a massive 100k, Sifkovits steps straight in as first choice centre back. The 189cm center back is very strong in the air, only hope he doesn't prove to be injury prone as has just 8 for natural fitness.

Future Signing - Josemar Mc'Donald

View attachment 314337View attachment 314338

Signing for 5k in January, he will link up with fellow Jamaican Jomo Shelton down the left as first choice left winger when he arrives, good pace and crossing ability.

Season 8 - Champions League Qualifiers

Season 8 - Champions League Qualifiers

View attachment 314372

Round 2 - Aberystwyth
vs Valur FC

View attachment 314367View attachment 314368

We showed we had far too much class for semi professional Finnish team Valur FC in the 2nd qualifying leg as we demolished them in the first leg in Finland 6-0 with a hatrick from club legend Lewis Doyle. A rotated team won the home leg 2-1 as we cruised into the 3rd round with ease.

Round 3 - Aberystwyth vs MSK Zilina

View attachment 314369View attachment 314370

Slovakian champions MSK Zilina were next up in the third round with the 1st leg to be played at home. We fell behind early on but Lewis Doyle swiftly pulled us level before getting his second of the game in the 89th minute to give us a 2-0 win. We followed this up with a great 3-1 win at Zilina, with veteran midfielder Matty Collins bagging a brace.

Playoff Round - Aberystwyth vs Macabi Tel Aviv

View attachment 314375View attachment 314376

Our toughest test would seemingly lie ahead in the Playoff round with us drawing the Israeli champions Macabi Tel Aviv. We were able to battle our way to a 2-1 win at home in the first leg and I wasn't sure whether this would be enough to see us through. The second leg was actually quite even however the scoreline wouldn't suggest it as we hammered them 5-0. Kevin Conn was in absolute lethal form, grabbing 4 goals. So.... we qualified for the group stages...... how did the draw pan out????

Champions League Group G

Arsenal FC
Bayern Munich FC
Feyenoord FC
Aberystwyth Town

So....... another meeting with German giants Bayern Munich await. I am sure they will be desperate for revenge! Next update will be how the group stage went...... what are your guys predictions???

im going to say 3rd but want to say first or second keep up the good work

Another tough group,Im just about to start the qualifying rounds yet again..new season,new start..Need get to the group stages again,Pure for the money haha And plus...cant have you getting their again and not me! lol

Another tough group,Im just about to start the qualifying rounds yet again..new season,new start..Need get to the group stages again,Pure for the money haha And plus...cant have you getting their again and not me! lol

Haha, good luck with the qualifying, I'm sure you'll make it into the group stages unless you get a really hard draw in the playoff round. What are your facilities like at the moment? I've got 'good' training, 'adequate youth' (just agreed a £4million upgrade) exceptional junior coaching and 'basic' youth recruitment. It really annoys me that there is never an option to improve youth recruitment, do you have the same problems?

Haha, good luck with the qualifying, I'm sure you'll make it into the group stages unless you get a really hard draw in the playoff round. What are your facilities like at the moment? I've got 'good' training, 'adequate youth' (just agreed a £4million upgrade) exceptional junior coaching and 'basic' youth recruitment. It really annoys me that there is never an option to improve youth recruitment, do you have the same problems?

on my guernsey save thay have imprved my youth recruitment for the first time ever