Wow Blackpool have declined a lot so taking them back to the big time would be awesome. Taking on another welsh team would be almost impossible because your team is so great. Do you know who has taken over at Aberystwyth?

Take over Walsall, have them win everything, then quit them, take over Viktoria Plzen then have them win the CL then take over South Sudan then retire.

Wow Blackpool have declined a lot so taking them back to the big time would be awesome. Taking on another welsh team would be almost impossible because your team is so great. Do you know who has taken over at Aberystwyth?

Danny Wilson, the Hearts centre half if I remember correctly. Won 1 Champions League in 3 years, kept their first 11 in tact but sold the majority of backup players/promising players so they have no squad depth. Blackpool are also now back up in the Blue Square Premier, their first promotion since I started my game!

Take over Walsall, have them win everything, then quit them, take over Viktoria Plzen then have them win the CL then take over South Sudan then retire.

That's a very specific plan ;) I think this save is finished, just can't get back into it any more. Might try holidaying a few more seasons to see if anything interesting comes up but I think I might just start a new save.

Alex Ferguson speech?;)

Haha, It's been 3 years in game since I resigned so it would be a bit late!

7 Seasons Later...

View attachment 372081

Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 372075

Well... a massive 7 seasons has past since my last update and I still haven't took another club job, but I thought I'd give you a quick update on how everyone's favorite Welsh team was getting on. After I resigned, they appointed former Liverpool and Hearts center half Danny Wilson as manager. In the 7 seasons in charge, he has lead Aberystwyth to 7 Welsh Premier League titles, 6 Welsh Cups, 3 Welsh Premier League Cups, 1 Champions League, 1 European Super Cup and 1 Club World Championship! A decent return, especially considering he likes to operate with a thin bare squad! Here is a few screenshots of the club as it stands...

View attachment 372076View attachment 372077View attachment 372078View attachment 372079View attachment 372080

National Team Jobs:

Wales - So I continued my job as Wales manager until the 2038 World Cup where we were awful and only managed 2 points from our 3 games in a pretty nice group. Our poor performance, along with the fact I was no longer Aberystwyth manager, lead to my resignation in July 2038.

View attachment 372082

Argentina - My next venture into international management saw me enter South America for the first time on this save! Argentina had an absolutely amazing squad and I was very disappointed to only make the semi finals of the 2039 Copa America. With 3 years until the next World Cup I decided I couldn't be bothered to play the qualifiers and so I resigned. At least I learnt Spanish during my time as manager, which becomes my 5th language alongside English, Serbian, Arabic and Korean!

View attachment 372083

Holland - My next step into international management didn't come until 2043 when Holland sacked their manager with just one game left in the European Championship qualifiers against Andorra. I won this game and we qualified for the Euro's. We then progressed though a group of Switzerland, Northern Ireland and Italy with 7 points before beating former team Wales in the knockout round. Russia were then dispatched of in the quarters before we beat Spain 4-3 after extra time in an absolute thriller. Germany awaited in the final and after a tight match we were crowned champions of Europe by the virtue of a penalty shootout! This means I have now won the Asia Cup, European Championship and African Cup of Nations on this save! I decided to stay Holland manager until the 2045 Confederations Cup as it will be my first time managing in the competition, and I may then stay until the 2036 World Cup, however I'm unsure about that at the moment...

View attachment 372084

Here is the current standings of the Worldwide Hall of Fame...

View attachment 372085

This was just a short little update to show you where I am with this save. I'm 99% sure where my next club project will be now and I even loaded the nation they play in last season to try and make the team available that I wanted to manage in this upcoming season but they were one division below the playable leagues, so I'll have to wait and hope they get promoted next season.

As to who this team is, you'll have to wait and see!
You're more than welcome to make a prediction though...
;)

Last edited:
Amazing what you managed to do so far. You have my respect. (A)

Houghton Appointed SAFC Manager!

View attachment 372154

After spending nearly 8 seasons out of club management, Aberystwyth Town legend Scott Houghton has finally accepted another club job, at home town club Sunderland AFC. The Black Cats are in the midst of a relegation battle, and decided to sack long time manager and former player Dean Whitehead, with the club only out of the relegation zone on goal difference! Here is the current league table...

View attachment 372155

On the positive side for Houghton, he does have an FA Cup semi final against local rivals Middlesbrough to look forward to, and the chance to give Sunderland fans their first piece of major silverware since the famous FA Cup victory of 1973. Here is how Sunderland have fared over recent years...

View attachment 372156

Here is the remaining fixtures for this season. I will update at the end of the season on how we have done before deciding upon how and when I will do updates while I am Sunderland manager, I don't think I'd be consistent enough to do an update every month so maybe one around every three months. Sort of Pre-Season update, one mid-way through October, one at the end of January, one mid way through March and then an end of season review. What do you think? I was going to do a 'meet the squad' but I think I'll leave it until the start of next season so we know what division we're in and it is more like my own squad.

View attachment 372158

Ok, so after many years of waiting the Sunderland job finally became available. I was unsure as to whether I should have taken it because I did have another job in mind which would have been a better 'project' but they would have needed to get promoted and that might not have happened as they were only 3rd in their league at the time. I'm not sure exactly how long I want to stay at Sunderland or what exactly my plans are for this job but I would like to win all of the possible trophies at least once and leave the club in a position for future successes... Let's see how I manage to get on in a competitive league
XD​

Sunderland AFC
End of Season Review

View attachment 372316

Fixtures:

View attachment 372323

So... we managed a 3 game win streak after my appointment which pulled us well clear of the drop zone. Our from dipped a bit after our FA Cup semi final loss to Boro but we did manage to scrape a couple of 1-0 victories which left my league record as 5 wins and 4 losses from our 9 games played. Where did this leave us in the league though?...

Final League Table:

View attachment 372325

We were never in any real doubt about getting relegated after that little 3 game win streak, and ended up 15th only 4 points behind 10th place in a very congested league. I'm definitely hopeful we can improve on this placement next season!

Well, after managing to stay up this season I have decided a major rebuilding will be required in the summer which may mean another season of struggle next year, but hopefully we will be able to see the benefits in the long run. I will be aiming to use money from sales of a couple of the more expensive players to reinvest in the squad, and look to build a decent first team squad as well as picking up some decent players for the future!

Sunderland AFC
October 2045

View attachment 372671

Summer Transfers:

View attachment 372673

We made just under 20 million and we now have a better squad in my opinion which equals a pretty successful window. My favorite signing was Ahmed Youssef from Al-Ahly for just £1,700,000, which represents great value for money! We also have a couple of 4 and a half star South Americans coming in next summer to add to the four 5 star potential and a few 4 star potential players we already have at the club, meaning the future looks

Squad:

View attachment 372682

I think my favorite player has to be Sunday Monday, just for his unbelievable name!

Reserve Squad:

View attachment 372683

Results So Far:

View attachment 372684

It's been a great start to the season from the lads considering we were fighting relegation last year! I also really didn't expect the squad to gel this quickly but we have been grinding out results in tight games. The only major disappointment is the penalties defeat at home to League 2 Bristol City. I played a totally changed 11 including all my promising youngsters and we just couldn't create any chances all game. It may sound cliche but at least we can focus on our league from ey?

League Table:

View attachment 372685

Hard to read too much in the table after just 7 games but being up in 4th is good. We have had some pretty nice fixtures so far though, and we don't have great depth in certain positions so I doubt that European qualification is likely this year. My target at the start of the season was anywhere between 14th and 8th but now I think we should be aiming for the top half.

Tactic:

View attachment 372687

This is how we've been going so far this season and it has been pretty good, but any suggestions of tweaks are welcome because I'm certainly no tactical expert! Also if anyone knows a good tactic to use against bigger teams with a similar shape to this or even with 2 DM's then that would also be welcome...

Other News:

1) We have cancelled our affiliations with the MK Dons and NK GOSK. The reason for removing MK Dons as a feeder club is that I didn't feel it benefited us as they are only in the Blue Square Premier and it was stopping us from getting another club to send players on loan to and the reason for cancelling GOSK was that we had 2 feeder clubs from Croatia and I felt only 1 was necessary.

2) This isn't as much news but rather asking for advice. So far this season we have only averaged 24,419 attendance which is only a 50.13% of our capacity. Is there anything I can do to increase this in the short term or will ot only improve after winning trophies etc?

3) I decided to resign from Holland after losing 4-3 AET against Argentina in the Confederations Cup Final in order to focus on my job at Sunderland. However, reading Klippybo's Bilbao story has got me intrigued as to try and learn as many languages as possible so I may take another job soon if I can learn another language and have a chance of winning something with that nation. For the record, I currently know 6 languages (in game) which are English, Korean, Arabic, Spanish, Dutch and Serbian!

To be honest, I'm not sure when the next update will be, maybe at the end of either December or January. Where do you think I should be aiming to finish this season?

Sunday Monday :')

Haha, great isn't it? I didn't even notice his name until he popped up with a header from a corner towards the end of last season and it came flashing across the bottom of the screen XD

You spent 20 odd years in Wales, and I think a short stint as Wales manager and you didn't even learn Welsh? I know it's a hard language but 20 years? Come on��

I read this story yesterday from page 1 to this page! And I must say what you did with Aberystwtyth was absolutely outstanding man! Its inspired me to do the same with a welsh club, I don't know what team yet but I am going to do a story about it! So well done man!

The best regen name I've ever had was a Korean midfielder called "Lee Ki ***". Looks like your Sunderland squad has a lot of future potential - looking good so far. As to attendance; as far as I know, the capacity of your ground is based on the size of the city it's based in, your club's reputation and the reputation of your rivals. I can't quite remember, but didn't you say Middlesbrough were taken over and you faced them in the Champions League? Most likely they're siphoning off your fans.