Absolutely flabbergasted!!

A good idea is too save before every match, just incase the mysterious world of FM bugs decide to kick in!

i shall take ur advices on board! i dont cheat either but times like this you have to go replay the game! i wasn't aware of this bug so cheers

I have to comment here:

I play the game, with the utmost integrity - I try to treat the game as 'real-life' as possible, refusing to cheat (that would make the whole game ponitless!).

None-the-less, time and time again with FM09 I was compounded to save the game after EVERY match, in case the game crashed, and reloading once it had crashed, whether it benefitted me or not.

More often than not, I was infuriated to find a tougher draw in the next round of the cup; Or, I had to reload the game time and time again in order to get the victory in the game that it looked like I was getting in the first place.

In either situation, as the goals are not scored by the same players, any re-load invalidates the statistics of the players involved.

It is therefore IMPERATIVE that bugs such as this are removed from the game, to prevent such fury from genuine players, at the earliest opportunity. Already, you have lost the 'original' game for which you had played so hard and so long, to reach.

As a software product validation engineer myself, I know the game is complex - but the utmost effort must be made to ensure the hardcore user of the product does not become alianated to it.

My team Vålerenga once knocked out Rapid Wien 3-0 in the Champions League qualifying round due to a hat-trick by one of my players. Game crashed, reloaded back to last save which was 4-5 games back and beat them 6-0, but Mohammed Abdellaoue only scored 1 =(