I can't understand why this sheikh invests such an amount of money in a club. He won't probably win money like that and it's a little bit expensive if it's just for fun

Isn't he worth like 17 billion pounds? If so then tens of millions is really not a big deal to him. I mean, when your fortune is apparently 17 billion pounds, you have to know that you will never find a way to use all that money in your lifetime, so using less than a couple percent of your wealth to have some fun with your pet football team seems like a solid idea

I had a save where i spent 230odd million with a 250million budget and I remember every player...

GK HART
DR DANIEL ALVES
DC DAVID LUIZ
DC ROLANDO
DL FABIO COENTRAO
MC VAN BOMMEL
MC PASTORE
AMR HENDERSON
AML BALE
ST TEVEZ
ST DZEKO

He should make donations instead of wasting money. The world is really running on empty

mate man city is boring. it's natural to win everything. Try a lower/worse club and work your way up. It's much more fun to face a challenge of trying to get to the premier league and then win it with conference clubs for example rather than just watching your players win every trophy in the first season. EG: Man city/barcelona etc. There simply is no point playing any more after the first season with these two clubs for me. But i suppose everyone has different tastes.

Isn't he worth like 17 billion pounds? If so then tens of millions is really not a big deal to him. I mean, when your fortune is apparently 17 billion pounds, you have to know that you will never find a way to use all that money in your lifetime, so using less than a couple percent of your wealth to have some fun with your pet football team seems like a solid idea

Yeh, it's more like a hobby for him. And i think he is much more worth than 17 billion pounds. He makes much more in a year than lose on the club...

how much did you get aguero for mate? i cant seem to get atletico to accept regardless of what i offer :mad:

how much did you get aguero for mate? i cant seem to get atletico to accept regardless of what i offer :mad:

I paid 39.5 million pounds for Aguero. It was his minimum fee release clause though, so if he doesn't have that in your game, then he would probably cost a whole ton more.

Pretty much the same with my Spurs team now in the 4 th season. I also have amazing depth that I could create a 2 team to beat the league:p

GK: Gomes
DR: Lorenzo de Silvestri
DC: Sebastien Bassong
DC: Ryan Shawcross
DL: Gareth Bale

DM: Sandro
MC:Luka Modric

AML: Eden Hazard
AMR: Aaron Lennon

ST: Luis Suarez
ST: Vaclav Kadlec

2nd team:

GK: Asenjo
DL: Benoit Assou Ekotto
DC: Michael Dawson
DC: Phil Jones
DR: Cesar Azplicueta

DM: Ignacio Camacho
MC: Sergio Canales

AMR: Ibrahim Afellay
AML: Mario Balotelli

ST: Khouma Babacar
ST: Diego Tardelli

Yeah I never had problem with injuries at all!!Actually even sometimes I'm pleased if one of them are injured for couple of weeks so I could play their backup to keep their value high and morale. The problem is my players never got in the top scorer/assist chart because I rotate a lotoO) . How about you?

I am in a similar spoilt for choice situation in my save with Barcelona.

Incidentally, they get even more money than Man City every season.

I'm in the 2018 season, so my squad goes something like this:

GK: Adler

RWB: Aurier
CB: Pique
CB: Regen
LB: Regen

CM (defensive): M'Vila
CM (offensive): Regen

AMR: Messi
AMC: Pastore
AML: Regen (better than Cristiano Ronaldo)

ST: Babacar

Subs

Cristiano Ronaldo
Areola
Neymar
Regen ST
Sakho

And so on.

Haven't lost for one full season at least.

Buying a lot as Man City can be fun or at least it was in FM 09. At that point the sheik has just taken over so you can build from scratch basically, which is fun to get in to the game. I personally like to play with teams that are very close to the top teams of a country but who aren't as consistent. Playing Man City in this FM installment isn't as much fun though, your pretty much done after one season. That's why I'm playing Spurs. Is still one of the more easier clubs, but it challenging enough (for me) to keep up with Man U, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Which can be tricky with Tottenham since they don't have ridiculous amounts of money and their reputation is not that high (Paulo Henrique signed for Atletico for instance, Neymar didn't want to come either, Gervinho went to Madrid, can't afford Poli etc).
Although I guess for veteran players Tottenham is still to easy. However might start a Man C game for the heck of it.

Incidentally, they get even more money than Man City every season.

Do they really? I've never done a Barcelona game but for some reason I assumed they didnt get that much money since the team is so in debt.

Im the same for my roma save although with that i had to win intially to fund the team, i didn't buy many big players i paid 52m for aguero which is the highest by far i've ever paid for a player. For me its being the richest and most successful team in the world while being economically viable.

Id say get decent 20/20 scouts and start getting a big youth team full of wonderkids, I love this method as it makes money and you find all the best talent occasionally you find them a bit late and end up paying more but 10-15m is a lot cheaper that full price. The great thing is you can have by far the best team in the world, low average age (21) and really low wages (1.5m) as the youth players come through your ranks you can offer them and keep them on really low wages until they get older offering low wages with a big bonus so they accept for 5 years.

People say thats not enjoyable but for me i enjoy tweaking perfection, i enjoy watching my players grow from wonderkids to worldclass players and making a dynasty at my club. My next aim is to get the olimpico full and get a new stadium built.

Trust me with a team like that and a bit of luck you can win every game of the season, and record some huge wins on the way but usually i lose 1 or 2, after a while you concentrate on getting the most goals scored and the least conceeded.

To Mansour Man City is just a toy pretty much. He won't get the return on his investment through City, but he earns enough elsewhere to make up for it. If anything it's just to show off.

I'm with Lincoln atm so I haven't followed the prem, but in my 3rd season Man City have a reserve squad that could win the cups and a first team to dominate the league with ease. In fact, the prem has every star player in the world that doesn't already play for a world class team.

On FM10 my liverpool board threw £100m a season at me when I didn't need it, so I scouted and bought all the next top players from around the world. Included wonderkids from say Madrid that would cost £3-£5m. Biggest was a 4 and half star rated 17yr old from birmingham who cost me up to £21m over so many years including clauses etc. Youth team was unstoppable and preferred raising a squad as opposed to buying one.

Well I've recently started one and my first 7 games are -

3-0 win at home vs Liverpool
2-0 win away vs Young Boys
Home vs Chelsea
Home vs Young Boys
Away vs West Brom
Away vs Arsenal
Home vs Man United

After that I dont play Everton or Tottenham for another 7 & 8 games
A good run against those top teams could see me get ahead early on in the season

Signings are -

Sergio Aguero for 39m
Edin Dzeko for 29m
Rene Adler for 17.5m
Jose Baxter for 4.5m
Tim Matavz for 3.9m
Yassine El Ghanassy for 2.5m
Kevin for 4m
Khouma Babacar for 10m
Zakaria Labyad for 4m
Total of 110m so far with around 20m budget left to spend
Possibly Martin Zeman for around 2-4m but not confirmed yet

Sold Adebayor for 2.5m
Loaned Santa Cruz with option to buy 3.5m
Sold David Gonzalez for 650k
Possibly selling Shaun Wright Phillips for around 3-4m and Michael Johnson for 1.5-2.5m

You may be wondering why no prints? Well because I cant figure out how & even if I could I wouldn't know how to upload them :S LMAO. If anyone can help me then please message me and explain from the VERY BEGINNING thanks :)

Last edited:
One of the benefits of this that I just started to realize is that I've actually pillaged all the best talent in the world away from my rivals. That second team of world class players not only is great because it allows me to deal with injuries and have good fitness, but it also represents 10 world class players that aren't in the hands of the top teams who might beat me in the premier league/champions league.

And that's pretty important. For instance, there are some good strikers out there, but due to my second team's existence, I never have to face four of the top 10 in the world: Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, and Lukaku. Similarly, there are other good attacking midfielders, but the fact that I not only have Paulo Henrique, but ALSO Pastore and Pjanic means the top opposition teams are running a little bit thinner on good AMs.

I dont think its a HUGE difference, but I would argue that without those 10 extra world class players, every other top team in the world would probably have a fairly significant upgrade at one position.

Hmmm, I have just taken the City job and after spending nigh on £50 million (with a good squad already mind) my Man City team remain distinctly average! My team is:

Hart
Azilpueta (sp)
CBShawcross / Toure
CB Cahill / Galeano
LB Coentrao

DMC - Marcq (sp), Toure, De Jong
MC - Milner
AMC - Pastore
LW - Mata, Silva
RW - Balotelli
FC - Carrol / Tevez.

Great teams you sure you didnt cheat becuase how did you get all that money thats rather unbellievable to be honest

Great teams you sure you didnt cheat becuase how did you get all that money thats rather unbellievable to be honest

No, it's completely legit. I'll post the pics of the detailed transfer history of each season. Not only did I not cheat, but I actually made some mistakes due to not planning stuff in advance. There were a lot of players (de Jong, Hart, Bridge, Santa-Cruz, Wright-Phillips, Jo, Michael Johnson etc) who ended up being out of favor in terms of playing time but I let them go for free in the end because they wouldn't sign new deals and/or I couldn't get any half decent offer for them after not playing them for a while. I could've planned it better and sold those players before the time at which I didnt play them. They would've been worth a lot more. Some of them (de Jong, Hart, Wright-Phillips) I did actually play a lot to begin with, but I really should've sold Bridge, Santa-Cruz, Johnson, and Jo at the very beginning, as I never used them. If I hadn't made those sorts of mistakes, I probably could've ended up with like 10-20 million pounds more to spend.

I included the last year of my transfer history. I bought Messi, Rodwell, and Babacar. Here's the reasoning behind each:

Messi is really the only way to upgrade my squad, and I'm trying to make the best squad possible. I'm going to put him at AMR to begin with (and try to loan out Balotelli for a year or two to make room for Messi at that position). However, Tevez is now 30 so I assume he will start going downhill after a year or two. At that point, I will bring Balotelli back and then I have a choice. I can replace Tevez at poacher with either Balotelli or Messi and whichever one I don't choose will go back to his AMR role. In this way, getting Messi is actually a means of eventually replacing Tevez while simultaneously upgrading my squad now.

Rodwell is a replacement for Yaya Toure, who is now 31. I figure I probably would have a couple more peak years left from Yaya Toure, but he is the oldest significant player on my squad. Rodwell is just as good and is 8 years younger. Almost more importantly, he counts as a home-grown player. This is important because Neymar and Vrsaljko are no longer U-21 now, and as a result, keeping Toure as my 2nd DM would leave me unable to register all my good players anymore. As it is, even with Rodwell, I still have to loan out Balotelli and Pjanic because I don't have space for them (though they are both 3rd string at their positions so that's fine). I'm trying to sell Yaya now while he is still worth something.

I got Babacar for a couple reasons. First off, Dzeko is 28. So obviously he has a few peak years left in him, BUT I do have to think about replacing him in the coming years. Babacar is the natural replacement for Dzeko at target man. Even though I don't need him right away, Babacar was getting interest from a lot of big clubs this transfer season, and it is my experience that once a player gets to a big club, that club requires a ton more money to get that player than the previous one did. Thus, I figured I'd buy him relatively cheap now, and try to make like half of it back loaning him out until Dzeko needs to be replaced.

Thus, this past transfer season, I secured a replacement for two of my three 30+ players (Pepe is the other one. I plan to buy Danny Wilson, Sakho, Otamendi etc next year to replace him) as well as my 2nd oldest striker.

Last edited:
My current Man City squad after just 1 season:

Hart
Richards - Kompany - Kolo Toure - Bale
Yaya Toure
Milner
Sanchez -------------------------------- Silva
Aguero - Tevez​

Signings are Aguero, Bale, Muniesa and Sanchez so far. Looking forward to building on it!