AC Milan - Out With The Old, In With The New... Literally

LJB67

Reaction score
View attachment 262729

Hello everyone, would like to start this off by letting you know this is my first story…But have just been waiting to feel motivated enough as I’m sure it takes dedication! So any constructive criticism is welcome, just try not to be too cruel ;)

As you may have gathered from the Stories name, I have decided to play as AC Milan. Al though they won Serie A in the 2010/2011 campaign, they have taken their foot off the pedal in recent years and haven’t performed as well in Europe or Italy. My aim is to kick that off once again but winning silverware on a consistent basis.

The main reason behind me choosing Milan is due to the players leaving the club this summer. Players such as Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva and Seedorf where massive players for Milan and I think it’s going to be interesting to see who they replace them with, and how they will manage in the 2013 campaign.

I’m going to follow in their footsteps by selling the same players which have been sold in real life, and see how the team performs. Think it will be a good save and I’m glad to share it with you guys!

First update will be up shortly…..

Look forward to the story mate, good luck :)

check out my story with FC Twenteif you have some spare time mate, im mid-way through my 4th season with the club, just recently got back to the story as i was away on holiday and etc, would appreciate it if you gave your feedback on it :) cheers mate.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/100800-fc-twente-%7C-road-glory-11.html

Cheers man, sorry i havent had time to start it...work has been mad this week! Going to start it now though.

Yeah i'll give yours a read now. Thanks for commenting n'all!

It Begins

Hello everyone, sorry for the wait (if anyone has been waiting). I’ve been busy all week and just haven’t had time to get this story underway, but thankfully I’ve got it going tonight and have an update! Let’s get cracking….

As you know, I am playing as AC Milan, and it’s a new start…so there has to be in’s and out’s hasn’t there? I won’t beat around the bush…I’ll start off with the players that left the San Siro this summer.

View attachment 263863

As I pointed out in the introduction, I would be selling players that have left in real life…But unfortunately some players where a pain in the bollocks with their hugeeeee wage demands or are ancient and no club wants to touch them, i.e Inzaghi, Van Bommel etc. However I did manage to shift quite a few players

1) - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - £19 Million loan fee for the Swedish striker. I tried selling him but the only club coming in with cash offers was Man Utd. Plus it was over a 48 month period, which didn’t suit us in the slightest. In the end Madrid came in for Ibra and have the option to sign him permanently for absolutely nothing if they wish. All of his 200k+ wages are always payed by Madrid…so all in all quite a good bit of business, considering he had to leave!

2) - Thiago Silva - £23 Million cash upfront for the Brazilian. Was hoping for more seeing as he moved for a massive amount in real life, his transfer value was £10 Million to start with so can’t really complain can I? Chelsea had offered around £27 Million for him, but he opted for City!

3) - Clarence Seedorf – £1.5 Million for the legend. Surprised I received a cash offer for him, and was expecting to have to let him go for free, but PSG obviously see a bit of life in the Dutchman and snapped him up. It’s a shame I had to let him go, because personally I feel Seedorf is easily one of the best midfielders to play the game…But have to stick to the rules haven’t i!?

4) - Gennaro Gattuso - £0 to Roma, one of our fierce rivals…But like I said about Seedorf, rules are rules and Roma where the only club coming in for Gennaro! Real warrior and I’m sure he will be missed.

A few others also left the club, but I’ll leave you to have a look at that, as I have bigger and better thing to talk about…..The new era of course! Here are my main signings this summer!

Tom Huddlestone

View attachment 263866

One thing that I felt the team was missing, is youth (obvious I know) but especially in the midfield. Sure we have Noccerino and Boateng, but apart from that, there all in their 30’s and on the decline has footballers. I was looking for a young midfielder, who has a great eye for a pass and can dictate the tempo of the game…and Tom Huddlestone is that man! For £7.25 Million im looking at it as a bargain as he has great stats all round, and the only thing he can do is improve… and of course, he’s English ;)

Dede

View attachment 263868

Considering I sold Thiago Silva for £23 Million, and managed to bring in Dede £13…I once again feel like it’s a really good deal (without sounding too biased of course). Dede is better aerially, quicker and quite a bit younger then Silva. So if I’m being honest I don’t feel like Silva will be missed as much as I first thought! Dede is already a star and just like Huddlestone, all he can do is improve! Dede will be my main CB this season and I’m expecting big thing for the Brazilian.

Willian

View attachment 263867

As I like to play with Inside Forwards, a new winger had to be brought in this summer. It didn’t take long for me to decide Willian was the man I wanted. Al though I already had Robinho to play as an Inside Forward on the left, I felt that Willian would be amazing there, and I can also rotate his position as he is a very versatile player! For £10.5 Million, I have signed a potential Milan great. Lets just hope I don’t end up eating my own words ay?

Giuseppe Rossi

View attachment 263865

Has to be my biggest signing of the summer hasn’t it? The £35 Million we had to fork out on the Italian is massive money, and we ended up shattering Milan’s Transfer Record by a good £10 Million. But I feel it will all be worth it in the end. Rossi is a fantastic player, also the fact he is Italian swayed my decision, as although it’s a new start at Milan I felt it was important to not forget the roots of the club and start signing foreign players all the time. Rossi can player either just behind the striker, or as the main man up top himself. I’m sure he will be a fantastic signing for us.

I also brought in Verratti, he will mainly play in the Italian Cup and have the odd substitute appearance in the league. Certainly one for the future. All in all i spent £69 Million this summer, massive amount for Milan...Lets hope it pays off

loool cheers mate. Wouldnt mind a bit of Niang in my squad to be fair!

you should i just played three more games v man utd 1-1 niang scored,v sunderland 3-0 win graham niang (again) and williams and 2-0 v west brom dyer and niang(again)XD

September

Was interested to see how my team would kick start the season. With the squad being hit with quite a lot of changes, I felt it could take a few games for all the players to gel and get to know each other’s game etc. As you can see from the results below, all round it has been a good start.

View attachment 264137

Our form in the league has been good, as we managed to win 4 out of the 5 games this month. There was a shock defeat for us against Cagliari. The most disappointing thing about it was that we were at Home for this match as well. They fully deserved the win; we never turned up that day! Apart from that one result, we were very impressive…But my team looks very reliant on Pato…

View attachment 264156

As you can see, Pato has had a great start to the season and has averaged a goal a game. The best thing is, his goals have all been fantastic…No tap ins what so ever, they have either been brilliant finishes or he’ll go on a hero run and take anyone, anywhere and score.
He even managed to get 2 out 3 of the goals of the month....

View attachment 264165

Lets hope he can keep it up!

Also in the UEFA Champions League, we were handed a pretty tough group… (In order of seeding)

1) Arsenal – Will be the toughest challenge. Would expect to at least pick up 3 points against them
2) Milan – Of course we should qualify, we are Milan after all!
3) Olympiakos – Already lost the away game, Home win against them is vital.
4) Dortmund – Beat Dortmund in the Home game against them, will be a tough match in Germany

Could have been a lot easier, but I’m sure we’ll qualify from the group. I Think another 7 points will be what’s required though! Want to avoid the Barcelona’s and Manchester clubs…so finishing top of the group is important!We are currently sitting 2n'd in the group after 2 games. I'm not too bothered about the defeat in Greece if I'm being honest. Purely because i fielded a weakened team due to fitness levels, and we were very unlucky to lose. We looked a lot better against Dortmund and ran out 2-0 winners.

I'll leave you with the Serie A table... (Top 10) Next update will be up shortly!

View attachment 264161

Last edited:
cool nice start to the season i have a bad feeling that pato will get injured soon dunno why

Tough CL group! Post all the results (Arsenal-Olympiakos, Arsenal-Dortmund) since it will be interesting until the final match

October
Our form during October was very patchy, could have been worse…and could have been better. Luckily for us teams around us also had a mix bag of results throughout the month, which is quite frustrating because if we won a few more we would have a healthy lead at the top of the league. Anyways here are the results from October.

View attachment 264283

View attachment 264279

After the win against Udinese, I was expecting back to back wins when we came up against Atalanta. But that obviously never happened. In the games we’ve lost this season, we have let in a screamer from long range… Im not sure whether it’s down to Abiatti, or whether the strike was just amazing. (As I play 2D matches) but either way it needs to be stopped.

One real positive from the month was the 1-0 win in the UEFA Champions League away at The Emirates. In all honesty we deserved to lose, but we scored early on from a counter attacking move finished off by you know who….Pato

Our last 3 league games of the month where big games, as they were all against the current top 4 in the League. We only managed to pick up 4 out of 7 points, but as I stated earlier on, all teams picked up the same amount of points over their last 3 fixtures…so it didn’t change much! The 5-1 win of Cesena was a good way to bounce back after 2 league games without a win. Pato managed to net himself a Hatrick which was pleasing! He is also keeping up with his goal every game ratio...and won goal of the month once again!

View attachment 264280

UEFA Champions League

Going to finish off the report with all the fixtures and the group standings of our Champion’s League Group….

All in all we look set to qualify from the group, and most probably as winners. Olympiakos are currently leading the group, but I’m pretty confident of beating them and Arsenal at Home.​

Next match is against Arsenal at the San Siro, I’m sure it’ll be a cracker!

View attachment 264282

View attachment 264281

Last edited:
Don't suppose you could post a screenshot of your tactics mate? Interested to see what they are :)

looks interesting mate- unlucky on the pato front but getting rossi is a good move. good luck in the title race!

November & December

Hello everyone thought I’d make this next update a 2 month one, seeing as the champions’ league group games wouldn’t have been completed till December. I’ll start off by showing you the fixtures and going over the results in Serie A…

View attachment 264528

We managed to win 6 out of 7 league games during November & December, which I was happy with. Some great performances such as the back to back 3-0 win’s against strong opposition such as Lazio & Inter. We looked far too strong for them in these games and this only made me realise that we should be winning the league this season, anything less will be deemed as underachieving for sure. We also managed to keep a lot of clean sheets in the league, shows that our defence is a real tight unit and that the addition of Dede proves to be a good one. Pato was injured for the majority of these games as well..so it was good to see a few new names getting on the score sheet! Here is a quick look at the league table after December….

View attachment 264529

3 points clear of Napoli after having played 17 games. Can’t complain seeing as we are top of Serie A, but I would have liked to have lost fewer games this early on in the season. Scoring 33 and letting in 13 has given us a healthy goal difference of +20…you never know, goal difference could come into the equation come the end of the season! Inter and Juventus are quite a bit behind us already which I’m very happy about, but I’m expecting them to pick up come the turn of the year, so I’m far from ruling them out of landing the title…It’s still early days!

You can’t see it in the screen shot as I’m only showing the top 10...But Roma (Gattuso’s new club) are having a shocking season, and when I say shocking…I mean only winning 2 league games all season and sitting in 19th​. Really isn’t looking good for them!

Uefa Champions League

Right, once are group had been drawn, I must admit I thought it was a tough group.. You have Arsenal, competed in the tournament for years on end. Dortmund, the German champs..and of course the always tricky Olympiakos! But I fully expected to qualify through this group, I mean after all we are AC Milan, winners of this famous tournament many a time! Unfortunately I was wrong….very wrong

I honestly did not see this coming and I doubt any of you did either….

View attachment 264530

Arsenal and Milan, have been dumped out of the Champions League at the first hurdle. Arsenal where absolutely terrible, finishing bottom of the group really is shocking! I know our group wasn’t the easiest, but c’monnnnn…bottom? But moving on to us….

I am gutted, soo soo gutted lol. If im being completely honest with you, until the 84th​ min of the last game against Dortmund, I 100% thought we was through, until Olympiakos stunned Arsenal and scored a late goal to throw us out the competition. I cannot believe how well Olympiakos have performed if im being honest. We only managed to take a point off them, and that was thanks to a late header from Dede! They fully deserve it after the shift they put in over the 6 games! The main reasons behind us not qualifying in my opinion are….

1) - Pato’s injury – it really hit the team hard, we are too reliant on the Brazilian and this is not a good thing.

2) - Complacency – In both games against Olympiakos, we only managed to pick up 1 point. This is **** if you ask me and im sure you all agree. Thinking about it genuinely annoys me aha. It was almost as if my players thought we had won both games before we had kicked off.

3) - Wasn’t clinical enough – Unlike are league form, we just didn’t score enough goals in the games. We won 2 more games than Arsenal, but they still managed to score more than us over the 6 games!?

Apparently we had a good case for a penalty in the dying seconds against Dortmund. But was turned down… Here’s what the media thought about it!

View attachment 264532

Once again, I can’t state how gutted I am, I feel there is even more weight on my shoulders to win the league now. Have to make up for the early exit for sure.

As we finished 3rd​ we are now in the Europa League. I am taking this competition very seriously and want to try and win everything even more after the embarrassment of the Champions League campaign.

There are some real quality teams in the Europa League Knockout Stages this year, and we have been drawn against CSKA Moscow. Here is the full draw and who either us or CSKA will face in the 2nd​ knockout stage.

View attachment 264531

There is one bright note at the end of all this and it is that man Pato once again!

He managed to bag Serie A Player of the Year, Serie A Young Player Of The Year…And Serie A Goal of the year. Not bad Pato…Not bad! Good to see he recognised my help along the way ay? ;)

View attachment 264533

Next update will be up tomorrow sometime, cheers for all the comments etc so far. Its much appreciated!