Activating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Hows everyone found it?

Im still trying to do it.

Tried to do it via Uniloc and it said I wasnt connected to the net, turned off peer guardian, still said i wasnt connected, restarted, again same problem.

Trying Steam atm

Did mine through steam, worked without a hitch.

Managed to do it through Steam. Annoying though how im gunna have to have steam on the go now all the time.

done it no problem last night, steam can be a pain in the **** aswell thats why i did not bother with it

My post on the SI Forums

Reading the forums since the announcement I thought all the moaning abou activation was a bit harsh, it had some point but thought people went over the top.

Anyway, went off out today to buy the game, got it no problem. Back home now and imreally stuggling to get it working.

Firstly I tried Uniloc. Game installed, went to start and was promoted for my code. Enter the code and then click next with it tell me that I wasnt connect to the internet. So I turn off all firewalls and peer guardian, still not working. Restart my computer with both firewalls and peer guardian off, again doesnt work. So reluctantly I go for the Steam method. I instal Steam and it autheticates the code fine and updates my game. I go to launch the game and it does not launch, just says lauching game with a progress bar thats at 100%. So i try lauching the game by going to prog files/steam etc, launch it and it asks for the code.

Now I see myself as beign very computer literate and ive played FM for years. I really do feel sorry for the majority of FM players who only play FM and arent true hardcore gamers. They must really be struggling. Imagine how many first time players were attracted by the 3d, the increased and new forms of advertising SI used to be confronted by this, I cant see them returning to the game in the future.

Anyway im now off to try the phone method, wish me luck

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61642

its pretty much all bollocks, that code on the back is barely legible - spend about half an hour trying different combinations of 1 and I and O and 0. what a load of **** that was.

Yeh I thought that although I only got one O in it and I guessed correctly :D

This is ****, ive been at it over an hour.

Looks liek SI are nwo saying that the autherication servers are understress from all the requests. Surely they shoudl havelearned by now that FM is popular, it always seems to take down servers, get better servers ffs

Turns out SI broke the servers trying to fix other problems

"Those people getting errors 10 and 702, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage."

Didnt they always say how popular the game was and how quick it was - now when a new version has come out they have been caught out by how popular it is and how quick it has sold :mad: X|

now its just softanchor telling me im not on the internet. better work soon

I got exactly the same problem, softwanker telling me i have no internet connection since 10am this morning

Glad im not the only one having a nightmare with this, although my problem seems to be different...softanchor is telling me they are "unable to process the unlock request" and to go to sigames.com to get a new product key...only i couldnt find where to get the new product key from and now the site doesnt work!

Does anyone know where abouts on that site i can get a new product key from?!? could save me a bit of time if i ever get there!

I think they should re-call this product, give out refunds and apologies and re-release it WHEN THE **** IT IS READY! :mad:

yeah i had the unlock message a few times, but si website wont work for me, oh the joy of this new activation process

well i've joined the sigames forum and everyone everywhere seems to be having problems, even though the admin and testing team say "they are doing all they can to fix it". what a waste of a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.