Activating

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its now working for me, after a hour of hitting back and then next, but it finally worked :D

ha, top advice, keep trying. i guess i may as well give that a go!

not a chance its working for me , i try about every 20mins and its just having none of it. ive given up and moved on to more pressing tasks.

theres some really sad people on si forums sounding suicidal, its only a game lads - and its only one day - chill out

does any actually have the game up and running? am finding this realy frustrating trying to install it. it keeps saying am not conected to the internet wen i am, wot do people suggest??

Yeh ive lost interest now, all the excitements well and truly drained :(

yeah everyone should jus stop for today, tomorrow is a saturday , you can all have a nice play then.

just stop trying, let them fix the servers and get over it

Mine worked fine it's strange that everybody else is having problems.

there not using steam though, so glad i got mine early

Well iv'e had both errors not using Steam on the ******* Soft ****** :mad:

I need a new code and aint on the net - BUT I ******* AM!

Not hard is it.

I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!
2 hours, and 3 O's or 0's? (it was 1 O and 2 0's BTW), but I am there. Steam free.
Now to download the patch...
It had better not go wrong.

SI are complete wankers, whats all this Steam bollocks??? server was busy then it tells me it cant connect to the internet.

******* DISGRACE!!!!!

I have the same problem as everyone else..ive only just installed it and been at it for half an hour trying these code things...does anybody have any advice for how to get the game working? and when will it all be sorted??

this is a soft anchor issue. if you have shares in them, i'd sell. they're gonna have to rebrand themselves after this fiasco. the big stage beckoned and they **** themselves and passed out.

"SEGA is aware that there have been some problems with the activation of Football Manager 2009 today. This has been due to a combination of issues relating to the printing of keycodes and the huge demand for the game," reads a SEGA statement.

"A solution is in place and is starting to clear the problem, we are confident that the issue will be solved today. The chances of successful authentication are increasing hourly. At this point consumers still experiencing difficulties are advised to leave a 10 minute gap between authentication attempts.

"SEGA apologises for the disappointment caused by the problems with activating the game and asks for Football Manager fans to remain patient," adds SEGA.

It's weird, i used Steam on my laptop and it didn't even bother with that Soft Anchor thing and is working fine, but when i try to install it onto my PC i'm having the same problem as everyone else. Maybe cos i'm doing it now on desktop and 11am on laptop? I'll list the problems with the game itself some other time at risk of sounding like a smug *******.

wooo mine finally just worked! totally randomly, didnt do anything special just tried it and it registered, im on

i restartedand when i installed again it said install using steam which i did, got the code correct first time with 2 O's or 0's and its just installing. fingers crossed i'll be alright

after trying for about 40 min it finally worked...

i duno if this actually made a difference...but just before it worked i went to the key checker http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

and entered my code..it printed back a code all in lower case...where as i was entering it in caps...i copy and pasted it into anchor and it worked...probably jus lucky but worth a go i suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.