efctoot

Reaction score
Is anybody else addicted to signing almost every good 16/17/18 yo regen? I dont want to miss out on the next ronaldo or messi! my reserves and u18s could probably win the league never mind my first team. Its getting out of hand now!

Lol, yeah. My youth team could win the championship.

i sign what i think to be the best...any under 4 stars don't get signed

I start games now and fast forward them to 2016 just for the regens.. Either that or I don't start with real players. Makes the game more fun.

regens **** me off, as soon as regens start appearing and becoming prominent, I usually quit!

I am trying to get over that mindset however as I want to achieve a few more things and play for longer... this save will be the one!

At a time I used to sign alot, but I've started to sign fewer now, only get what I need. I try to bring players through my own youth system, such as a 19 year old right back, who I had to bring in for Chris Smalling, for Champions League Final. He played brilliant, Chris Smallings the backup now. At the time, he was only 17 years old too.

regens **** me off, as soon as regens start appearing and becoming prominent, I usually quit!

I am trying to get over that mindset however as I want to achieve a few more things and play for longer... this save will be the one!

I'm in 2019 now with spurs and it's a bit of a shame with just how good the regens have become (I mean seriously, it's only 7 years from the start of the game) and well, there's probably about 6 players who have Messi-like stats already.

Basically, after two seasons of regen recruitment done cleverly and you let them develop, you should be able to win the league with any side no matter who after 5 seasons max.

Much more of a challenge and fulfilling if you develop your academy and try and avoid poaching regens. I'm proud of this one that came through my youth, expecting him to surpass Rooney's stats at the start of the game:

View attachment 241310

I only sign regens who could make it into my 25 man squad straight away.

If they are good enough to play against weaker Premiership sides and in cup games, then I'll sign them. If not, I doub they ever will be because the players in my team now are at a very high standard (Chelsea in 2029).

I like being Southampton for that reason. They usually get good english regens so do Crewe Alex. I find that when you start at the bottom with a confrence side the best regens you'l ever see come into the game and i mean quick players with 20 for dribbling and finishing. Almost Messi like. Quite cheap and approachable if your a top end prem side. But when you start as one of those you get 'gash' REGENS for what seems like ages.

I did 50 years on a Villa save so obviously my game was 100% regens. It's much better because you can really mould your own player from the age of 14 to suit your team.

On FM 11 and FM 12 it seems I only go after regens for the most part. Then again maybe that is cause I usually always play in the lowest division and or terrible leagues so by the time I can start getting real people who are good either A. they want like 100K and my salary is around 130-220K or B. they are just getting up there and don't feel like paying a huge transfer fee for them. So might as well go young and work on them and then sell them off.

They be messing with your scouting yo!

there was me thinking you would love finding regens seeing as you are always coming up with shortlists of the best young talent.

personally i tend to sign a few regens for my youth team but i try and keep a variety of nations represented alongside my own players, and the more obscure the nation the player is from or if i don't have anyone from there yet, the more likely it is i will sign them even if they are what i would normally consider borderline.

I sign class ones but rarely put them in reserves or u18s, i either play them or loan them out to feeder clubs.

I'm addicted to young players in general, regen or real.

haha yeah! as soon as a player hits 28 I'm thinking about moving him on! so wrong!

I did that last FM, now I'm in a save where I journey around to different teams. After winning the league with Madrid, Imah move to a Serie C2/B team to try get Italian hero achievement, will be a good challenge since I can't even ask the LLM pros to suggest players to sign lol. I find staying at 1 club is what stales things with regens. Though, sometimes it can be fun building a legacy, just the longer you leave it, the harder it is to change club in THAT save, and the more tempting it is to start a new save.

Basically, after two seasons of regen recruitment done cleverly and you let them develop, you should be able to win the league with any side no matter who after 5 seasons max.

this.