Adriano can be a hit or miss. But put him in front of a goal and he is bound to score!

Lol, me contradicting myself hugely there. XD

How does everyone go about playing him?

I've just signed him for Celtic in the first season January transfer window of my new file. Played 3 games, scored 8 goals with 2 assists - including a Europa league and SPL treble and a double against Rangers at Ibrox in his debut. 3 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 9.40.

Amazing!

I have him set to poacher and target man, playing off of Robbie Keane (complete striker) and Maxim Skyvash (ACM from the Belarus side BATE, great pick up for £300,000) in a 4-1-2-1-2.

Last edited:
Had him in a fulham save and was quality and didn't find he disrupted the team at all

top scorer for my roma team, 7 goals in 7 matches ;)

he is good for my everton team a bit injury prone :'(

but he is lethal in front of goal :)

Adriano is a beast.... 49 goals in one season for me at Arsenal. Let him take your free kicks too... Keepers struggle to save it.

sorry for necro-posting but i have to share this

in my current roma game, i had adriano for little more than 1/2 a season now but overall i'm a bit frustrated

first the good, in serie A player stats, adriano has the highest average match rating and most man of the match awards, and has the best goals to game ratio (but only 5th highest goal scorer in the league, see below)

now the bad, the really bad... his “personal problems”. the first time adriano had "personal problems", he suddenly stopped performing- no goals, poor morale, poor match rating, no confidence, playing nervously, and looking complacent. so i sent him home for a month. so for one month, i lost my team's top goal scorer and best player. after a month, adriano came back all happy, superb condition, everything. alright, one month later, same thing: adriano has "personal problems" and performance/morale goes down again. so for another month, i've lose my team's top goal scorer

so if you like team consistency and don't like changing your team tactics too often, don't go for adriano. any minute, he can all of a sudden have "personal problems" then his performance will just turn off... it can be right before a champions league final and all of a sudden you’re forced to send him home or carry deadweight on your bench. during the other times though, adriano's great. he gets all these individual awards, team of the week, etc. but he never gets league top goal scorer... why? bc he has to be sent home too often to cure his “personal problems”. he doesnt get enough games to become top goal scorer

adriano’s performance is good, but i'm still going to get rid of him bc of his constant personal problems. I can’t risk having him randomly switch off before an important match

P.S. to answer the other above question, i play him either as target man or complete forward with attack mentality (and ball to head)

Scout him first(with your best scout),declare your interest fot him and see how he reacts.Personnaly,i dont see him as a great player,i keep Welliton in high regards,he is awesome!

Last edited:
I'm playing with arsenal, so I have some reasonably good strikers. I want to know if adriano is any good and would do better than my current strikers. I'd normally snap him up but his low determination really puts me off!

He did decent first season when we signed him ($17 million), he scored a few goals (around 8 all up in around 18 appearances... Most of them he was a sub though). Then, second season, we transferred him to Real for $20 million and Rafael Van Der Vaart, and now Van Der Vaart has the best average rating of this year so far. So, definitely worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Adriano is top striker, but he has his problems (mental) otherwise he would still be at a big club and massive transfer fee. If you do sign him , you will have to keep him happy (playing, arm round the shoulder) and dont rely on hard workrate so make sure those playing around him make up for this shortfall. only other advise is give him max 2 year contract

I normally try sign him on my arsenal save with mixed results.

got him for 7 million with Tottenham got a few goals then got injured