Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a dilema,

1st season at Leeds i managed to win the Championship and after an all championship team run in League cup i beat an Arsenal Youth team in the final 2-1. And this was done my signing lots of free transfers and spending £1.3m on Neal Maupay.

The problem is this-

To preserve my Premier League status and compete in Europa League the chairman has been reasonably kind and gave me a transfer kitty of £11mil and i have £245k spare for wages.

Ive sold the likes of Tonge, Ashdown, Pugh, Diouf, Varney to now have a tidy £13 mil to spend.

The likes of Shane Long, James McAuthur, Malumbu, Lee Chung-Yong, Krasic, Aly Cissokho and Jack Butland are on the market, but for small fortunes.

What do i do, do i go all out and Buy who i want using monthly installments therefore putting the clubs financed at risk- hoping i somehow manage to qualify for europe through winning a cup or league.

or do i try and loan use the free transfer market the best i can hoping to scrape through the league avoiding relegation

Any help/advice/tips would be greatly apprieciated

Reaction score
If i was you i'd identify the weakest areas of the team and look to strengthen, free transfers are very risky unless you know they are proven quality. Use a stratified way to find players e.g: Long may be £5M but you could possibly get someone very similar for cheaper, can find some good strikers on the loan list aswell. All depends on how sure you are to finish top 7 or get a cup.

Reaction score
albin ekdal thomas drage ruben rochina andre gomes D.Praet stef strandberg ospina and look at people whos contract running up youll fine some gems like douglas fc twente

Reaction score
i bought lee chong-yung, and for the first year in the PL he did well for me (Leeds UTD). I also got a new keeper and a striker.

If you can keep them up you will get alot more money and can end up with good players.

Reaction score
i bought lee chong-yung, and for the first year in the PL he did well for me (Leeds UTD). I also got a new keeper and a striker.

If you can keep them up you will get alot more money and can end up with good players.
I managed to sign Ross Turnbull on a free 1st season, he aint doin too bad.

I played Tom Lees, Aidy White, Luke Murphy and Sam Byram all through the championship, theyve all developed really really well. Noel Hunt as a CF and Neal Maupay as a Poacher are an amazing strikeforce.

I loaned Scott Parker, Kuzmanovic, and Wayne Routledge. Sold Jason Pearce for 4.6m and bought Steven Taylor for 3mil.

Got Tom Ince coming in Jan for 3.4mil + add ons.

Currently lay 5th after 16 games, won every game so far in Europa league. Napoli next in 1st knock out stage