Reaction score
Hi guys i have a dilema,

1st season at Leeds i managed to win the Championship and after an all championship team run in League cup i beat an Arsenal Youth team in the final 2-1. And this was done my signing lots of free transfers and spending £1.3m on Neal Maupay.

The problem is this-

To preserve my Premier League status and compete in Europa League the chairman has been reasonably kind and gave me a transfer kitty of £11mil and i have £245k spare for wages.

Ive sold the likes of Tonge, Ashdown, Pugh, Diouf, Varney to now have a tidy £13 mil to spend.

The likes of Shane Long, James McAuthur, Malumbu, Lee Chung-Yong, Krasic, Aly Cissokho and Jack Butland are on the market, but for small fortunes.

What do i do, do i go all out and Buy who i want using monthly installments therefore putting the clubs financed at risk- hoping i somehow manage to qualify for europe through winning a cup or league.

or do i try and loan use the free transfer market the best i can hoping to scrape through the league avoiding relegation

Any help/advice/tips would be greatly apprieciated

If i was you i'd identify the weakest areas of the team and look to strengthen, free transfers are very risky unless you know they are proven quality. Use a stratified way to find players e.g: Long may be £5M but you could possibly get someone very similar for cheaper, can find some good strikers on the loan list aswell. All depends on how sure you are to finish top 7 or get a cup.

albin ekdal thomas drage ruben rochina andre gomes D.Praet stef strandberg ospina and look at people whos contract running up youll fine some gems like douglas fc twente

i bought lee chong-yung, and for the first year in the PL he did well for me (Leeds UTD). I also got a new keeper and a striker.

If you can keep them up you will get alot more money and can end up with good players.

i bought lee chong-yung, and for the first year in the PL he did well for me (Leeds UTD). I also got a new keeper and a striker.

If you can keep them up you will get alot more money and can end up with good players.

I managed to sign Ross Turnbull on a free 1st season, he aint doin too bad.

I played Tom Lees, Aidy White, Luke Murphy and Sam Byram all through the championship, theyve all developed really really well. Noel Hunt as a CF and Neal Maupay as a Poacher are an amazing strikeforce.

I loaned Scott Parker, Kuzmanovic, and Wayne Routledge. Sold Jason Pearce for 4.6m and bought Steven Taylor for 3mil.

Got Tom Ince coming in Jan for 3.4mil + add ons.

Currently lay 5th after 16 games, won every game so far in Europa league. Napoli next in 1st knock out stage