AFC Wimbledon - can the crazy gang do it again?

Can they do it?

• Total voters

Afcwimbledon2

Reaction score
bbc_sport_logo_203_203x152.jpg

Crazy Gang Fan, makes Manager

Yesterday afternoon, Simon Vale was appointed manager of AFC Wimbledon. Simon is an avid fan of the Wombles and said in an interview "I have dreamt of this moment for years, I will bring to the club an attractive, attacking way of playing football, building on the set up Terry Brown previously brought to the club. I intend to be heavily involved in all areas of the club - not only to develop my skills - but to see what goes on. The club has a very impressive structure and I won't be making many changes".

The rookie manager will have a huge task - keeping the crazy gang fans happy, while making sure the Dons don't succumb to their first ever relegation.

Thanks Flamin - one of my aims will be thrashing the franchise 6-0. Like I did with my FM 2009 save before I moved to this.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Transfer Budget: £0
Wage Budget: £9750 per week

Board Aims:
Blue Square Premier: Mid Table Finish
FA Cup: First Round
FA Trophy: Fourth Round

Transfers:

In:
Romone Rose (Season Long Loan)
Adam Phillip (Season Long Loan)
Matthew Fry (Season Long Loan)
Thomas Cruise (Season Long Loan)

Out:
None

good luck mate, i like wimbledon they play hard football, ill be following

good luck mate, i like wimbledon they play hard football, ill be following

AFC Wimbledon don't - they tend to play 4-4-2 diamond - which with the calibre of players at the club - means extremely pretty football.

donsnewsl.jpg

Dons start spinning and tumbling
AFC Wimbledon haven't had the best of starts to their campaign in the highest league they have been in, with 5 losses, 1 draw and 2 wins in the friendly matches before the Blue Square Premier begins this Saturday.

Fixture and Results:
AFC Wimbledon Reserves (Home) Won 1-0
Glenn Hoddle Academy (Home) Won 3-1
Rochdale (Home) Lost 2-4
Tranmere (Home) Lost 1-3
West Ham (Home) Lost 0-7
FCUM (Away) Drew 2-2
Doncaster (Home) Lost 0-3
Sunderland (Home) Lost 2-5

Another interesting fact is that the dons manager hasn't been to a single game - leaving Stuart Cash wondering how AFC Wimbledon will cope this season, especially with 2 big tests right away - Chester and Cambridge away on the Saturday and Tuesday respectively

Good luck with this, they have the fan base and the infrastructure to go far. Off topic, are you coming down to church road on friday :p

Sky_Sports_logo_604329.jpg

Wombles are wombling along nicely!

After 2 unexpected results in the Blue Square Premier, Simon Vale is already exceeding expectations, after he gathered the wombles together to beat both Chester and Cambridge 2-1. This leaves the dons in 5th after 2 games. Against Chester - AFC Wimbledon controlled the first half, with Jon Main opening the scoring on 35 minutes. Danny Kedwell added to the lead on the 57th minute, before the 2277 attending saw Peter Winn for Chester score before attempting to get a second, but failing.

Then on the Tuesday, AFC Wimbledon travelled to the Abbey Stadium to play last years Play Off runner up team - Cambridge. Robbie Wilmott opened the scoring for the home side on the 10th minute, before Jon Main replied for the Dons to equalise. It stayed that way until the 66th minute where the 5030 attending saw Main get fouled, before he potted the equaliser away to gain the lead. This lead could have been extended had it not been for QPR loanee Romone Rose losing his boot before attempting to shoot - the shot fizzling before the 'keeper collected.

Good luck with this, they have the fan base and the infrastructure to go far. Off topic, are you coming down to church road on friday :p

Unfortunately - I live too far away and have other commitments to go to more than 3 games a year. I only got into football last year and saw AFC Wimbledon on nuts TV and loved the look of them. So I started supporting them. My first game was against Kidderminster, a few months back - next game will be against Eastbourne.

Next update will be tommorow.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is considered spam but my cousin Christoper Hussey plays for AFC Wimbeldon in game, but he's on loan at coventry in real life.

Sorry if this is considered spam but my cousin Christoper Hussey plays for AFC Wimbeldon in game, but he's on loan at coventry in real life.

I don't really care. You are a cool person - also are you sure its just a loan - from what we understand is we've sold him for a 6 figure sum. Also - tell him that he's a brilliant player.

Well to my knowledge he's been staying in a hotel up there (Which is what led me to it being a loan) i've spoken to him on the phone and they just gave him 25 grand. I will tell him mate it was a shock to the system when I saw him on Sky Sports.

Well to my knowledge he's been staying in a hotel up there (Which is what led me to it being a loan) i've spoken to him on the phone and they just gave him 25 grand. I will tell him mate it was a shock to the system when I saw him on Sky Sports.

Tell him that despite being on loan until january where it goes permament - if he doesn't make an appearance more than 4 times when on loan - don't go.

He's made a couple appearances as a sub, he gave away a penalty on his debut (luckily they missed it) but they stilll lost, I hope he goes there permenantly as Chris Coleman is a hero of mine being a Fulham Fan.

He's made a couple appearances as a sub, he gave away a penalty on his debut (luckily they missed it) but they stilll lost, I hope he goes there permenantly as Chris Coleman is a hero of mine being a Fulham Fan.

I don't - our current defence needs bolstering before we can leave.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or what, but we should stop filling up this thread with unrelated topics

Sorry mate.

Sky_Sports_logo_604329.jpg

Wombles are wombling along nicely!

After 2 unexpected results in the Blue Square Premier, Simon Vale is already exceeding expectations, after he gathered the wombles together to beat both Chester and Cambridge 2-1. This leaves the dons in 5th after 2 games. Against Chester - AFC Wimbledon controlled the first half, with Jon Main opening the scoring on 35 minutes. Danny Kedwell added to the lead on the 57th minute, before the 2277 attending saw Peter Winn for Chester score before attempting to get a second, but failing.

Then on the Tuesday, AFC Wimbledon travelled to the Abbey Stadium to play last years Play Off runner up team - Cambridge. Robbie Wilmott opened the scoring for the home side on the 10th minute, before Jon Main replied for the Dons to equalise. It stayed that way until the 66th minute where the 5030 attending saw Main get fouled, before he potted the equaliser away to gain the lead. This lead could have been extended had it not been for QPR loanee Romone Rose losing his boot before attempting to shoot - the shot fizzling before the 'keeper collected.

omg the sky sports skin looks disgusting

Monthly round up

logo.gif

Walking on a Womble wonderland!

AFC Wimbledon fans were extremely buoyant after ending their first month in the Blue Square Premier top. This was no doubt helped by Jon Main and Luke Moore's sudden finding of form and the net, scoring 8 and 3 respectively. Another bonus being Jon Main is top league scorer. The only fly in the ointment was a 2-2 draw against Stevenage yesterday, and with a tough game against York ahead the fans must be wondering if they can keep this up.

Round Up:​
Player of the Month: Jon Main (8 goals)

Matches Played:

Chester v AFC Wimbledon (Away)
Result: 2-1 Win
Man of the Match: Peter Winn (Chester)​

Against Chester - AFC Wimbledon controlled the first half, with Jon Main opening the scoring on 35 minutes. Danny Kedwell added to the lead on the 57th minute, before the 2277 attending saw Peter Winn for Chester score before attempting to get a second, but failing.

Managers Opinion: This game was odd - we deserved to win, but we didn't. I've taken alot from this and have decided to drop the 4-4-2 diamond tactic that I have recently learnt to love.

Cambridge v AFC Wimbledon (Away)
Result: 2-1 Win
Man of the Match: Jon Main

AFC Wimbledon travelled to the Abbey Stadium to play last years Play Off runner up team - Cambridge. With a change in tactics AFC Wimbledon would always look a bit shaky, but this was only in the opening 10 minutes, however Robbie Wilmott capitalised on this and opened the scoring for the home side on the 10th minute, before Jon Main replied for the Dons to equalise. It stayed that way until the 66th minute where the 5030 attending saw Main get fouled, before he potted the equaliser away to gain the lead. This lead could have been extended had it not been for QPR loanee Romone Rose losing his boot before attempting to shoot - the shot fizzling before the 'keeper collected.

Managers Opinion: I'm delighted by this, much to my best friends annoyance (he's a big Cambrdige Fan), aside from a dodgy first ten minutes - we looked like the side to beat in the Blue Square Premier. I'm thinking of another signing for the Right Back slot though.

AFC Wimbledon v Wrexham (Home)
Result: 4-1 Win
Man of the Match: Luke Moore

Aside from the occasional tweak in tactics during the match, AFC Wimbledon always looked the stronger team on this one. An attendance of 3947 saw the wombles biggest win at this level to date. Moore's first chance came within 30 seconds - a cross off Romone Rose was volleyed but saved easily by the Wrexham keeper. Then on the 7th minute the breakthrough finally occurred, once again starting from Rose on the wing, who passed it in towards Godfrey - who somehow got a pass through to the waiting Moore, who got it straight in as a goal. His next goal came on the 36th minute. Immediately after half time, Wrexham got a goal back - Richard Smallwood scoring a typical Ian Rush style goal. Moore scored again, before Adam Phillip finished the rout on the 69th minute but only after the best build up play of the BSP that day.

Managers Opinion: Ok, now I'm just doing the conga - what a brilliant performance from Luke Moore, but I am disappointed by Jon Main - he should of scored today. Well done to Adam Phillip though - maybe a good signing when I finally get a transfer budget if I get the dons promoted. However we could of done without a minor injury to Romone Rose.

AFC Wimbledon v Eastbourne (Home)
Result: 3-1 Win
Man of the Match: Jon Main

AFC Wimbledon looked to continue these run of results against early-season strugglers Eastbourne. Jon Main got all 3 for AFC Wimbledon in the first 50 minutes, before Jaime Taylor annoyingly replied for Eastbourne. Clearly a lack of Right Winger Romone Rose did nothing to the side.

Managers Opinion: What is causing us to leak goals? We must find out before we face other big guns. Still - despite me saying Jon Main was man of the match - please note that Tom Cruise did brilliantly in this game, and has been the Don's Mr. Consistent - he is constantly running down the wing, and is the best Left back (aside from Chris Hussey) that has been playing for the club.

Rushden v AFC Wimbledon (Away)
Result: 2-0 Win
Man of the Match: Paul Lorraine

AFC Wimbledon knew that they would be shocked by some of Rushden's players, but it was by how poor they played. 1987 fans watched as the Crazy Gang ripped into Rushden, with Paul Lorraine getting his first goal for the club on 13 minutes. Jon Main completing the scoring on the 86th.

Managers Opinion:Yay! A clean sheet! Much better from the dons, also spotted a few potential signings - certainly impressed by Paul Terry.

AFC Wimbledon v Stevenage (Home)
Result: 2-2 Draw
Man of the Match: Tom Cruise

AFC Wimbledon could count themselves lucky to have escaped with a draw against Stevenage back at home, 4029 saw a rare substandard performance from the dons. Kennedy Adjei opened the scoring for AFC on the 10th minute with a placed shot. Mitchell Cole then equalised on the 36th minute with a real poachers effort. The Dons went 2-1 down just before half time as young striker Jamil Adam scored a diving header from close range. Stevenage then missed a penalty before AFC's very own Jon Main equalised and rescued a point.

Managers Opinion: Not good enough - the leaky defence is back and I will need to change something around. Next up York and I am not looking forward to that.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:07 PM ----------

Next update will be in september (FM month not RL).

Last edited: