AndySams10

Reaction score
''.......We've entered into the final few seconds of injury time in this extrodinary final, AFC Wimbledon are moments away from winning the Champions League. The ball gets played long into the AFC Wimbledon half....And there it is, the referee puts his whistle to his lips and signals the end of the game. AFC Wimbledon, masterminded by their talented manager Andy Samuels, have won the Champions League. Every team in the world will now be envious of what Andy Samuels has achieved and i'm sure it won't be the last we hear of this 'special one'. I'm Sam Matterface for Talk Sport, back to you guys in the studio.....''

''Thanks Sam, wow what an incredible feat, I still can't believe it, ranked as huge outsiders for the trophy at the start of the season.........''

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP sounds the alarm clock.....''wake up Andy, wake up, you'll be late for your press conference.''

I lay in bed gazing at the ceiling, thinking of the dream I experienced last night and what I have to face this morning. As I roll to the side still reminicing of what happened, I notice the time, realising I have 30 minutes to get to the ground for my press conference in front of the worlds media, I throw back the covers and head for the shower........

NEWS ALERT

''Hi and welcome back, I'm Ed Chamberlain and sat to my left is the lovely Georgie Thompson. Let me bring you more on the 'news alert' that's going across our yellow ticker at the bottom of the screen. Blue Square Premier side AFC Wimbledon have announced a press conference at 11am this morning. Now what we are hearing, which are unconfirmed reports, is that there is a huge announcement to be made and many are suggesting that a new manager could be unveiled today. We have our chief football reporter Nick Collins on his way to the Kingsmeadow Stadium for the Press Conference, and we of course will be there and keep you right upto date with this news.''

Straightening my tie again in the mirror, I give the Fiancee a kiss and head out into the bitterly cold morning. I start going through all the questions I may face this morning and how I'm going to answer them in my head, as I make my approach to the ground. As I pass BBC Sport trucks, ESPN lorries and most impressive of all the Sky Sports convoy, it dawns on me what people i'll be facing and just how big this opportunity is.
I park the car in the managers space, get out and take a huge breath, whilst looking around at what can potentially be my second home for the foreseeable future. Before I can take the surroundings in anymore, I'm met by the clubs press officer and ushered through the back entrance and into the ground.

BREAKING NEWS
LIVE FROM THE KINGSMEADOW STADIUM

Ed Chamberlain in Sky Sports studio - ''Right, we can now head over to our chief football correspondant Nick Collins, who will bring us the AFC Wimbledon press conference.

Nick Collins - ''Thanks Ed, we are just waiting for AFC Wimbledon's chairman Erik Samuelson to enter and then we can put to bed all the rumours we have been hearing about.​

ERIK SAMUELSON ENTERS:

E.S - ''Thank you all for attending at short notice. I can confirm that Terry Brown has left the club with immediate affect. Terry understands my decision and wishes the club all the best for the future. The current financial situation throughout the world, that we find ourselves in at present, has made me think long and hard about the structure and future of this football club. Not only do I want success and to put this club back where it belongs amongst the elite teams, I also don't want to bring huge debt to this fantastic club. After a long hard thought out process the board and I decided we needed a change on the management side of things, that to start with won't be a huge cost to the club. The next big gamble was looking to appoint someone who fitted the criteria and ambition we wanted, so I can now introduce to you our new manager Andy Samuels.''

I take a sip of water from a bottle on the side, and push open the door to the media room, where I'm blinded by flash after flash from the nations media. As I make my way to the chairman my legs turn to jelly, I shake hands and pose for yet another round of photographs, then I can finally sit down and await the barrage of questions.

E.S - ''Ladies and Gentleman I give you AFC Wimbledon's new manager Andy Samuels, we will now take questions from the floor.''

N.C - ''Hi Andy, Nick Collins here from Sky Sports. What is your football background, as without being disrespectful your name isn't one any of us have heard before, and how did you get the job?''​

A.S - ''Hi Nick, no offence taken. Well I started of with a pro contract at Plymouth Argyle, but due to injury I had my contract ripped up. After a year out of the game, I made a name for myself in the Semi-Pro leagues, whilst also gaining my coaching badges and doing voluntary coaching at my local village team.
I guess I'm hugely grateful to Mr Samuelson, to take a huge risk in employing me, but after numerous interviews and meetings I guess I came across as the best candidate. I want to be the best, take this club to the peak of world football and keep it there, and I honestly believe I have the ability to do it.''​

N.C - ''You sit here as manager, is this your dream job?''​

A.S - ''I'm absolutely delighted the chairman has trusted me with this role and I want to repay him by putting this club back where it belongs.''​

N.C - ''What areas are you looking to strengthen?''​

A.S - ''There is a fantastic group of staff and players here and it would be foolish to disrupt that majorly.''​

N.C - ''How involved with the day to day running of the club do you intend to be?''​

A.S - ''I like to be involved as much as time allows me.''​

N.C - ''How do you see your management style?''​

A.S - ''I feel clubs work best when players feel valued as people aswell as footballers.''​

N.C - ''What is your tactical approach to the game?''​

A.S - ''I like to play attractive, attacking football. And my aim is to bring the glory days back to this amazing club.''​

N.C - ''Thank you for your time Andy, I wish you the very best for the future.''​

A.S - ''Thank you Nick, this will not be the last you have heard of me, I'm confident I will see you at bigger venues in charge of this team and show everyone that I am the 'Special One'.''​

As the room empties, Mr Samuelson shakes my hand for the final time today and wishes me good luck. I then make my way to my new office, get out the staff and player directory and start my introductory phone calls...........

********************************Next Update Soon*************************

This is my second attempt at this story, as I somehow deleted my opening paragraph.
In this save I'm using my own past experience(semi-professional footballer), my own tactics and my own training routines.
My aim is to take AFC Wimbledon to number 1 in the world, and keep them there by being the most successful manager on the planet(i can but dream and hope).
The next update, once my story has been accepted :), will include changes ive made to the staff and team, and also my pre-season friendlies.​

I hope people will follow and like my story. :D

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

After making the relevant phone calls, and making a few tough decisions I set about how I would set the team up. I decided to deploy my own tactics, with my 1st choice being 4-2-3-1.

Attached Thumbnails

Once I made my squad selection and submitted the shirt numbers, I had to make the difficult calls to terminate the contracts of 2 of the current staff, both Mark Robinson(Youth Coach) and Lee Taylor(Scout) took the news well and agreed to mutual terminations. I then brought in my own staff with Wayne Shaw(GK Coach), Paul Balsom(Fitness Coach), David Moss(Coach) and Brian Tinnion(Coach) all joining the club to help assist with my own training routine. Ernie Tippett was brought in as Head Scout.
On completion of the new Staff roles and Training regime setup. I could look into the slight tweeks to make to the Playing Squad.

PLAYERS IN.

Conor Coady - Liverpool(season long loan)

Conor has been brought in as one of my first choice Centre Backs, and i'm sure he will be key to the success this club is looking for this season.

PLAYERS OUT.

Ricky Wellard - Basingstone(loan)
Brendan Kiernan - St Albans(loan)
Harry Knock - Released

Once the players did the customary welcome back catch up, it was now down to the nitty gritty of the pre-season friendlies. 5 friendlies were arranged, with the view on the players getting used to the new formation, and ensuring the team blended with what has been asked of them during the tough training schedules.

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 1 MORECAMBE

A very close encounter and delighted with the first run out. Craig Stanley(67) gave the visitors the lead, but Danny Kedwell(83) equalised with a well taken goal.

AFC WIMBLEDON 0 - 0 DONCASTER

Despite the fact we were outplayed for the whole game, I was delighted with the defence who put up a great show and cleared everything that was thrown at them. Which gives me the faith that we can handle being under pressure against better teams for long periods.

DORCHESTER 3 - 5 AFC WIMBLEDON

After what I said in the previous friendly, our defending was awful today, but on the plus side we are finding the net and although it should've been more, a win will always boost morale. Danny Kedwell(3) gave us the perfect start, but we were pegged back by Billy Hayward(14). Kirk Hudson(15), Luke Moore(17) gave us a 3-1 lead at Half Time. Steven Gregory(pen,77) extended our advantage but 2 goals Matt Groves(83) and Ryan Moss(89) made the score abit more respectable for the hosts.

AFC WIMBLEDON 4 - 2 BIRMINGHAM RES

The first half was a dull affair, but the game shot into life shortly in the second half Kirk Hudson(47) giving us the lead, but Akwasi Asante(49) soon levelled for Birmingham. Kirk Hudson(56), Danny Kedwell(72) put us well in control. Omar Bogle(82) made the last few minutes very tense, but Christian Jolley(90) soon restored our 2 goal lead.

AFC HORNCHURCH 0 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

This was our last friendly and I was delighted to end our pre-season unbeaten. Christian Jolley(65) and Luke Moore(76) ensured a comfortable victory.

On reflection I was extremely pleased with how Pre-season went and despite conceeding a few, we always looked like we could out score the opposition, And I feel that will be crucial in this league. I can also report that there are no injury problems, as we face upto the start of the League season with a fully fit squad.

******************************Next Update will include start of season************************************

These should be the 2 Thumbnails that aren't showing. Please leave comments and let me know what you think so far.
Much Appreciated. :D

Nice start mate and most ppl are at college or school thats why they aint commenting

Fantastic start, just a few player suggestions. You may want to look at Tom Parkes from Leicester, Gael Nlundulu and Kyle Jacobs, all were fantastic for me when I was AFC.

Wouldn't mind taking a look at my story, thanks muchly.

Nice start mate and most ppl are at college or school thats why they aint commenting

Yeah i guessed that might be the case. Thanks for comment, please keep following, i'm enjoying your story. :D

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Good start, but please tell me your fiancee's name ;)

Thanks mate. Hahaha, after all ive written all you want to know is her name, well unfortunately it stays like that. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Fantastic start, just a few player suggestions. You may want to look at Tom Parkes from Leicester, Gael Nlundulu and Kyle Jacobs, all were fantastic for me when I was AFC.

Wouldn't mind taking a look at my story, thanks muchly.

Thank you for the nice comments. Yeah will have a look at those players, i'm confident I can get promoted with few player changes. By all means I will have a look and follow your story. :D

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:04 PM ----------

Hi Guys. Thanks for the comments so far, hope to get a few more followers. Next update will either be tonite or tomorrow nite. Going to try and get season under way tonite, then will post here later.
|)

I will definitely be following, will be interested to see if you can actually do it. Stadium and other financial problems will be a massive challenge. Always hard to get conference clubs to premier league, but a good challenge. Good luck mate

Well, I think it would be better if you wrote a real name instead of fiancee
Check out my story too when you got time :)

I will definitely be following, will be interested to see if you can actually do it. Stadium and other financial problems will be a massive challenge. Always hard to get conference clubs to premier league, but a good challenge. Good luck mate

Yeah definitely a huge challenge, but I'm hopefull of achieving what I've set out to do. Thanks for the comment, will be posting next update later tonite. Hope u enjoy.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Well, I think it would be better if you wrote a real name instead of fiancee
Check out my story too when you got time :)

Haha, I asked her permission but was declined! Yeah no worries will check your story out.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:35 PM ----------

I told the board I expect us to challenge for the title,and they responded by giving me a 95k transfer budget and a wage budget of 12.5k compared to the 11.25k that is currently going on wages.
So with a full strength squad to choose from I picked the team that to start that did so well for us in pre-season and we got the season underway..........

MATCHDAY 1

EASTBOURNE BORO 0 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

Z

After a great pre-season I went into this game confident of getting the season started with a victory and the team duly provided.
Christian Jolley(40) opened his account for the club with a well taken goal shortly before half time. Although we created more chances than the home team in the second half we were unable to add to our tally.

MATCHDAY 2

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 2 BARROW

images

The first home game of the season, and something I want to make sure is that we make the Fans' Stadium a fortress, which I believe if we can will be the foundations for a successful campaign.
Danny Kedwell(13,28) got us off to a great start with his first 2 goals of the season and hopefully the first of many.
A Conor Coady(O.G,39) gave Barrow hope and even more was handed to them when Danny Kedwell(Sent off,43) a silly elbow from our corner made my half time team talk even more difficult.
Despite being a man down we still were able to control the game and Mark Nwokeji(83) gave us a 2 goal lead that we fully deserved. And even though Paul Jones(90) did score, we were able to hold on.

MATCHDAY 3

RUSHDEN 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

9k=

We were missing the dangerous and very important Danny Kedwell for the game today, with Mark Nwokeji stepping in for him.
With the change forced uponus, we found ourselves 2 nil down inside the first 20mins, with Michael Corcoran(Pen,2) and Matt Johnson(20) making the 1st half one to forget. With a morale boosting team talk in the changing room, Christian Jolley(51) and then a Alan Power(O.G,62) brought us back on level terms. Ismail Yakubu(71) popped up with the winner with a powerful header to keep us unbeaten in 3 games.

MATCHDAY 4

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 CRAWLEY

images

This was a game I felt we had to win, even though it was early in the season, so we could send out a clear message to the rest of the league.
Both teams had equal efforts on goal and even though we had the majority of possession we had to wait until Brett Johnson(91) to get the goal our play desereved.

MATCHDAY 5

ALTRINCHAM 0 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

Z

As things stood we would travel to Moss Lane in 2nd place with the hosts currently occupying 1st place, so again we went with an attacking mentality to come away with the 3pts, and still missing Danny Kedwell who was finishing the last of his 3 game suspension.
The first half was hugely forgettable, but Brett Johnson(50) gave us the lead possibly against the run of play. As we entered the last third of the game we started to take more control and Christian Jolley(83) and Ryan Jackson(86) made sure there would be no come back and put the game well and truly out of the home sides reach.

MATCHDAY 6

AFC WIMBLEDON 4 - 1 BATH CITY

images

We had Danny Kedwell back in the line up for today's home game, and Kedwell(Pen,10, 32) showed us his clinical finishing and probably that killer instinct we missed in the last few games by putting us in a commanding lead. Kirk Hudson(47) extended the lead just after the break, and even though Gethin Jones(52) gave Bath a slim hope of getting back into the game Danny Kedwell(89) completed his first hat-trick of the season to extend our lead.

MATCHDAY 7

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 0 GRIMSBY

images

With home advantage again this week, it was another game where I wanted us to continue our home record and fantastic start to the season.
It was a very one sided affair with Danny Kedwell(16) giving us an early lead, although we couldn't extend it in the opening 45minutes, it gave us a platform to kick on with in the second half. And with goals from Kirk Hudson(48) and Mark Nwokeji(81) we ensured we remained unbeaten from our first 7 league games.

Absolutely delighted with the start, hopefull of continuing the run over the next couple of months, although i'm sure there are more suspensions and the start of some crucial injuries just around the corner.

************************Next Update will be over the Weekend****************************

Last edited:
After the opening few games to the season, everything was going to plan, apart from Danny Kedwell missing through suspension for 3 games, the squad was fit and everyone was playing there part.

MATCHDAY 8

NEWPORT CO 2 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

Z

This game was action packed with over 30 goal attempts from the start whistle to the end whistle, and also provided lots of entertainment.
Brett Johnson(13) gave us the lead from a header from a corner, then Kerry Morgan(43) got Newport back into just before the break. Even though we conceeded late in the 1st half, I felt we could go on and keep our winning run going. A Sammy Moore(O.G,48) put the home side in front, and in all fairness Newport had all the possession from then on, but Christian Jolley(94) somehow gave us an undeserevd point, and our unbeaten record in tact.

MATCHDAY 9

GATESHEAD 1 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

9k=

Next was a long trip North to face a Gateshead team that was struggling near the bottom of the table. After a goalless 1st half, Sammy Moore(47) put us infront just after the interval with a well placed shot, Brian Wake(Pen,58) pulled Gateshead back on level terms with a very dodgy penalty. After that though Danny Kedwell(76,83) ensured we got a well earned 3 points.

MATCHDAY 10

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 2 KIDDERMINSTER

images

Another home game and another win, although we did make hard work of it, but the Team showed their never say die attitude which i'm delighted to see so early on in the season, and hope it stays for the duration.
Danny Kedwell(44) continued his rich vein of goalscoring form just before the break, Nick Wright(54) brought the Harriers on level terms, but Mr Reliable Danny Kedwell(71) edged us infront, only for another controversial penalty Chris Mcphee(Pen,78) looked to be making the game head for a draw, until Christian Jolley(92) popped up with the winner.

MATCHDAY 11

HISTON 0 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

9k=

We went to Histon with still our unbeaten run still intact and that was the case when we got back on the bus.
Danny Kedwell(46) and Kirk Hudson(55) were the goalscorers in this non-eventful game, but as we know in football, a win is a win.

MATCHDAY 12

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 0 FOREST GREEN

images

The first half was largely forgettable with few chances created by either side, but after the half time hair dryer treatment, the team responded with goals by Danny Kedwell(54) and Mark Nwokeji(79). The win was marred by a serious injury to Luke Moore, who has strained knee ligaments and will be out for upto 7 weeks.

MATCHDAY 13

DARLINGTON 2 - 1 AFC WIMBLEDON

Z

Well i guess the curse of unlucky 13 could be to blame here, but in truth we weren't at the races for all the game, and having made a few changes to rest some tired legs, Liam Hatch(20,83) made sure the home side took full advantage of some sloppy defending and at times poor passing, Danny Kedwell(63) did get us back on level terms, but overall we didn't do enough over the 90mins to get anything from the game, and this led to us facing our first defeat of the season.

*****Next Update Tomorrow(and their are some interesting twists to come ;))

Last edited:
I like this story, hope you continue it all the way to the top

I like this story, hope you continue it all the way to the top

Thanks mate, really appreciate it, yeah will keep going till I get to the top. Liking your story also.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Does anyone know why when I copy a pic of an away ground into my update they don't show, but my home ground does? Thanks

Thanks mate, really appreciate it, yeah will keep going till I get to the top. Liking your story also.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Does anyone know why when I copy a pic of an away ground into my update they don't show, but my home ground does? Thanks

some times it might be a silly error, like i've done before. When copy and pasting the URL, the .JPG at the end would have an extra G, because i would forget to delete the old URL.

some times it might be a silly error, like i've done before. When copy and pasting the URL, the .JPG at the end would have an extra G, because i would forget to delete the old URL.

Ahhh okies, thanks for the advice mate. Good luck with your story. Will check on it tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

So after our first league defeat, it was going to be interesting to see how the team responded over the coming weeks, and hopefully hadn't affected morale or team spirit.

MATCHDAY 14

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 0 FLEETWOOD

images

A home game gave us the perfect setting to get back to winning ways and we didn't disappoint, the players responded with a fantastic team effort.
Mark Nwokeji(9) in for the suspended Danny Kedwell gave us the perfect start and Kirk Hudson(29) made it 2 nil mid just before the half hour mark. Although there were no more goals I was delighted with the character the lads showed today, installing more confidence in me that I had a great squad at my disposal and that we would be able to cope with anything thrown at us.

MATCHDAY 15

YORK 2 - 4 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

We travelled to York today to face one of the many promotion contenders in the league, so again I wanted to show everyone we are the team to beat and send a strong message out to our fans and the other managers.
The team were magnificent today Danny Kedwell(5) and Kirk Hudson(19) gave us the dream start, Greg Young(27) did pull a goal back against the run of play to give the half time score look a little respectable. Into the second half and goals from Kirk Hudson(61) and Sammy Moore(74) extended our lead even further. In the last 10 minutes Leon Constatine(80) capitalised on some slack defending, something which we are prone too, to score a late consolation.

F.A Cup 4th Qual. Round

WOKING 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Lots of squad rotating for the F.A Cup tie at Woking, and despite the changes I wanted us to progress past the boards expectations of the 1st round, and possibly venture on a little cup run, to bring in some extra money.
James Mulley (35) and Mark Nwokeji(45) gave us a 2 nil lead at the interval, and although there is a division seperating us Woking always look threatening, Elvis Hammond(50) pulled a goal back and things could've got worse had David Gilroy(missed pen, 64) not fail from the spot. That proved costly for the home side as Mark Nwokeji(67) doubled his tally for the afternoon. Adam Doyle(78) did set up a tense last few minutes, and although both teams finished with 10 players each, Elvis Hammond(Sent off, 70) and Andre Blackman(Sent off, 92), we managed to hold on a progress through to round 1.

MATCHDAY 16

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 2 WREXHAM

images

So maybe a cup hangover, but overall a disappointing result, especially as our regulars were back in the starting line up.
Things started off brightly with the recalled Danny Kedwell(38) giving us the lead in an otherwise uneventful 1st half. Luke Hubbins(45) did equalise on the stroke of half time for the visitors. Being at home I felt we would go on and ****** victory, how wrong i was, as Kaby(67) scored with a great solo effort, to leave us facing our 1st home defeat. The game did have a negative as Sammy Moore suffered a hip injury leaving him sidelined for upto 3 months.

With the injury to Sammy Moore and also Luke Moore out injured, I felt I needed to bring an extra body into the squad and Matthew Saunders joined us from Fulham on a 3 month loan.

MATCHDAY 17

SOUTHPORT 1 - 4 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

A superb comeback in this game, again emphasised how strong the squad is, having to make a few forced changes due to injuries and suspensions, the team rallied and pulled of a great result.
Leon Osbourne(14) gave the home side the lead after the first 45mins. Again the hair dryer treatment was in full force during the 15minute break, and the team responded in superb fashion. Goals from Christian Jolley(49), Ryan Jackson(50) and Roscoe D'sane(63,68) with his first goals for the club, made sure we stamped our authority, that was missing in the 1st half, well and truly in the 2nd part of the game.

F.A Cup 1st Round

LEYTON ORIENT 2 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

A tough away draw playing against a team two divisions above us, but i felt a great opportunity for the lads to show they can compete at a higher level.
Gareth Williams(21) put Orient ahead in this fairly even half, Ryan Jackson(60) equalised with a well taken volley, Conor Coady(89) looked to have finished off a superb comeback, only for Charlie Daniels(91) to rob us of victory.

MATCHDAY 18

TAMWORTH 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

Z

Tamworth had Tom Marshall(Sent off, 15) very early in the game which probably helped us to victory, although again despite a man advantage I wasn't too impressed with our defending. Brett Johnson(17) and Danny Kedwell(31) put us in front, Aaron Mitchell(34) pulled a goal back for Tamworth. A Matthew Cropper(O.G,37) looked to have put us on the way to a comfortable lead, but Jordan Bowery(54) made us fight till the end to get a valuable 3 points.

You lost to the mighty mighty Wrexham:D

I will be following, good story so far mate. :)

So after our first league defeat, it was going to be interesting to see how the team responded over the coming weeks, and hopefully hadn't affected morale or team spirit.

MATCHDAY 14

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 - 0 FLEETWOOD

images

A home game gave us the perfect setting to get back to winning ways and we didn't disappoint, the players responded with a fantastic team effort.
Mark Nwokeji(9) in for the suspended Danny Kedwell gave us the perfect start and Kirk Hudson(29) made it 2 nil mid just before the half hour mark. Although there were no more goals I was delighted with the character the lads showed today, installing more confidence in me that I had a great squad at my disposal and that we would be able to cope with anything thrown at us.

MATCHDAY 15

YORK 2 - 4 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

We travelled to York today to face one of the many promotion contenders in the league, so again I wanted to show everyone we are the team to beat and send a strong message out to our fans and the other managers.
The team were magnificent today Danny Kedwell(5) and Kirk Hudson(19) gave us the dream start, Greg Young(27) did pull a goal back against the run of play to give the half time score look a little respectable. Into the second half and goals from Kirk Hudson(61) and Sammy Moore(74) extended our lead even further. In the last 10 minutes Leon Constatine(80) capitalised on some slack defending, something which we are prone too, to score a late consolation.

F.A Cup 4th Qual. Round

WOKING 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Lots of squad rotating for the F.A Cup tie at Woking, and despite the changes I wanted us to progress past the boards expectations of the 1st round, and possibly venture on a little cup run, to bring in some extra money.
James Mulley (35) and Mark Nwokeji(45) gave us a 2 nil lead at the interval, and although there is a division seperating us Woking always look threatening, Elvis Hammond(50) pulled a goal back and things could've got worse had David Gilroy(missed pen, 64) not fail from the spot. That proved costly for the home side as Mark Nwokeji(67) doubled his tally for the afternoon. Adam Doyle(78) did set up a tense last few minutes, and although both teams finished with 10 players each, Elvis Hammond(Sent off, 70) and Andre Blackman(Sent off, 92), we managed to hold on a progress through to round 1.

MATCHDAY 16

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 2 WREXHAM

images

So maybe a cup hangover, but overall a disappointing result, especially as our regulars were back in the starting line up.
Things started off brightly with the recalled Danny Kedwell(38) giving us the lead in an otherwise uneventful 1st half. Luke Hubbins(45) did equalise on the stroke of half time for the visitors. Being at home I felt we would go on and ****** victory, how wrong i was, as Kaby(67) scored with a great solo effort, to leave us facing our 1st home defeat. The game did have a negative as Sammy Moore suffered a hip injury leaving him sidelined for upto 3 months.

With the injury to Sammy Moore and also Luke Moore out injured, I felt I needed to bring an extra body into the squad and Matthew Saunders joined us from Fulham on a 3 month loan.

MATCHDAY 17

SOUTHPORT 1 - 4 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

A superb comeback in this game, again emphasised how strong the squad is, having to make a few forced changes due to injuries and suspensions, the team rallied and pulled of a great result.
Leon Osbourne(14) gave the home side the lead after the first 45mins. Again the hair dryer treatment was in full force during the 15minute break, and the team responded in superb fashion. Goals from Christian Jolley(49), Ryan Jackson(50) and Roscoe D'sane(63,68) with his first goals for the club, made sure we stamped our authority, that was missing in the 1st half, well and truly in the 2nd part of the game.

F.A Cup 1st Round

LEYTON ORIENT 2 - 2 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

A tough away draw playing against a team two divisions above us, but i felt a great opportunity for the lads to show they can compete at a higher level.
Gareth Williams(21) put Orient ahead in this fairly even half, Ryan Jackson(60) equalised with a well taken volley, Conor Coady(89) looked to have finished off a superb comeback, only for Charlie Daniels(91) to rob us of victory.

MATCHDAY 18

TAMWORTH 2 - 3 AFC WIMBLEDON

images

Tamworth had Tom Marshall(Sent off, 15) very early in the game which probably helped us to victory, although again despite a man advantage I wasn't too impressed with our defending. Brett Johnson(17) and Danny Kedwell(31) put us in front, Aaron Mitchell(34) pulled a goal back for Tamworth. A Matthew Cropper(O.G,37) looked to have put us on the way to a comfortable lead, but Jordan Bowery(54) made us fight till the end to get a valuable 3 points.

F.A Cup 1st Round Replay

AFC WIMBLEDON 0 - 0 LEYTON ORIENT
(0-0 AET, Afc Wimbledon win 5-4 on Pens)

images

A very one sided game with Leyton Orient completly dominiating us throughout, they had chance after chance but couldn't find the break through.
In the shootout Steven Gregory missed our second spot kick, and it was left to Ben Thatcher to put Orient through only to drag his penalty wide, much to the delighted of our fans. Conor Coady scored in sudden death, meaning Charlie Daniels who broke our hearts in the first game had to score, he sent his penalty over the bar meaning we were through to the 2nd round.

MATCHDAY 19

AFC WIMBLEDON 3 - 1 MANSFIELD

images

We faced the bottom 2 teams in our next 2 home games and really wanted to improve on our goal tally and try and not conceed any silly goals. I did rotate a few tired players for todays game to keep the squad on their toes.
Fraser Franks(13) and an Alan Marriott(O.G,26) gave us the perfect start. Mark Preece(75) set up a tense final 15mins, and Roscoe D'sane(90) gave us back a well deserved 2 goal lead.

MATCHDAY 20

AFC WIMBLEDON 1 - 0 HAYES & YEADING

images

The fans and myself were expecting a convincing win today against the bottom side, but despite all the huffing and puffing we only scraped by courtesy of a Ismail Yakubu(42) header just before the break.

We have been drawn away against Bristol Rovers in the 2nd round of the FA Cup. And i'm faced with my first injury crisis with 5 players out injured, Luke Moore, Sammy Moore, Ed Harris, Steven Gregory and Ryan Jackson, so the squad is a little bare at the moment and i'm hopeful our great start can continue.

*****Next Update will be soon, hopefully Monday, depending on work. Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

You lost to the mighty mighty Wrexham:D

I will be following, good story so far mate. :)

Haha, yeah I wasn't happy. Thanks for the comment, hope you enjoy rest of story.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Apologies guys for posting the start of the latest update again, Laptop had a funny few minutes. Thanks for all those that are following.

Have a great Sunday, next update will be soon. :)